PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Studs and Duds vs SB Champions

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 01:23 PM
To quote TPB, I never had any doubt.... :lol: I did feel this would be a win but not the way it went down. This was the champion Chiefs, with the NFL's new Brady at QB. But if we removed our memory of both teams and just watched last night most would be saying how the Packers are a really strong squad. The Chiefs got handled most of the game IMO. They can cry all they want on ESPN but the game was never KC's to win. Thanks to a unified effort all around and the Pack pulled the upset of the week.

Studs -

Jordan "showed you, now show me" Love - Damn I think he has unnerved the NFL brass. For two weeks NFL hasn't known how to treat him after a big performance. 6 TDs in 2 games and they try to ignore #10. I like that! Eff 'em! His best/worst pass was also the most fun at the end to Doubs other than that he was like a machine out there. I watched Terminator 2 on Saturday and he was about that automatic. No hesitation and firing with authority. He even did like ole #4 and zinged one off a defender's hands. :lol:

Shannon Sharpe makes me crack up :lol:: https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=39041117

Watson - 7 79 for 2 TDs Hated to see his great game finish like that but in his effort, he stayed inbounds and helped finish the clock.

Dillion - Just taking out chiefs almost every drive alone wasn't enough. Homeboy was going off last night like they said something about his Momma. Play angry like we have not seen.

Hell the entire offense could be named.

Defense - I love Mahomie, I do. His commercials are great. But he is a sneaky mofo and would have tip toed another 5 yards if Owens didnt wreck him. Man that was a sweet hit and likely affected the last few throws. The D stayed on Mahomes all night.

Nixon - That INT was badass. Game breaking play when most needed.

The fan with the "Its a Love Story poster" for getting on TV 2X.

Game crew and camera guys for keeping the focus on the game not the crowd.

Fritz
12-04-2023, 01:36 PM
Who were the duds?

Joemailman
12-04-2023, 01:36 PM
Studs - Anders Carlson made all 5 kicks including a 48 yarder.

Duds - Thought Campbell had a bad game. McDuffie could have done better.

MadtownPacker
12-04-2023, 01:37 PM
Who were the duds?
I’m leaving the negative shit to anyone who wants to nitpick.

Bretsky
12-04-2023, 05:10 PM
Campbell
Runyan

run pMc
12-04-2023, 06:18 PM
Who were the duds?

The refs.

I want to throw Joe Barry on the list too, because he's Joe Barry and he played a lot of his usual soft zone, but he did hold KC to 19 points. I will point out, however, that the slow pace of both offenses (5 possessions and a kneel down in the 1st half) contributed mightily to that.

bobblehead
12-05-2023, 12:21 AM
Who were the duds?

Simone for not sucker punching Taylor during post game.

KYPack
12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Studs

MTP for getting the S&D thread going

Van Ness Sack and TFL in limited snaps. Methinks his elbow is about healed up.

Quay Walker Wondered what happened to him. 13 tackles 4 solos. 13 tackles means you were out there somewhere.

Duds (channeling my inner Tex) Media, announcers, etc for constantly referencing the phantom DPI on Valentine. Makeup call to be assured, but you get one of them a game, don't ya?

George Cumby
12-05-2023, 09:08 PM
Studs:

MLF his play calling had yet another team wondering where the next attack was coming from.

Pass rush, three sacks in the red zone forcing FG's and not TD's on back to back drives? Big plays at the right time. Fucking A'.

Love, of course. The way he stepped into this tiny hole in a collapsing pocket and found Doubs? His awareness is eerily familiar.......

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPackers/comments/18asjhd/radio_call_watson_and_doubs_with_big_plays/

George Cumby
12-05-2023, 09:09 PM
Studs

MTP for getting the S&D thread going

Van Ness Sack and TFL in limited snaps. Methinks his elbow is about healed up.

Quay Walker Wondered what happened to him. 13 tackles 4 solos. 13 tackles means you were out there somewhere.

Duds (channeling my inner Tex) Media, announcers, etc for constantly referencing the phantom DPI on Valentine. Makeup call to be assured, but you get one of them a game, don't ya?

I liked his body slam of Pacheco, I'd like to see it happen closer to the line of scrimmage, NGL.

Freak Out
12-05-2023, 09:19 PM
Studs - The GB Packers

Duds - Chris and Mike in the booth. Shut the fuck up about a DPI on a hail Mary and shut the fuck up about the non call on the MVS pass. Just weak shit.

RashanGary
12-05-2023, 10:15 PM
The Hail Mary was laughable. Like Collinsworth hasn’t been around the game long enough to know that’s never called.

As far as the MVS one…. Valentine had his head back to the ball long before he made contact. He had both arms coming up for the ball. And he has every right to the ball, if he’s going after it, as the receiver. His back arm got stuck on MVS’ head, so he swatted it down instead. Regardless, he was looking at the ball and going for the ball. That’s not dpi.

NewsBruin
12-05-2023, 10:45 PM
I liked his body slam of Pacheco, I'd like to see it happen closer to the line of scrimmage, NGL.

One thing I liked was that when the defense didn't get a ball ballcarrier down on the first tackle, there were allmost always reinforcements on the way to keep the gains from getting ugly. I don't know if that was better than most teams or typical of us over the whole season.

call_me_ishmael
12-05-2023, 11:39 PM
The Hail Mary was laughable. Like Collinsworth hasn’t been around the game long enough to know that’s never called.

As far as the MVS one…. Valentine had his head back to the ball long before he made contact. He had both arms coming up for the ball. And he has every right to the ball, if he’s going after it, as the receiver. His back arm got stuck on MVS’ head, so he swatted it down instead. Regardless, he was looking at the ball and going for the ball. That’s not dpi.

Come on that was the most obvious pass interference call I've ever seen. Obviously that was DPI.

MadScientist
12-05-2023, 11:47 PM
Come on that was the most obvious pass interference call I've ever seen. Obviously that was DPI.

In slow motion replay it was clear. In real time, it wasn't as clear. The DB had white sleeves which blended in with the KC uniform making it less obvious. With the DB looking at the ball the body contact was a lot less likely to be called.

run pMc
12-06-2023, 09:32 AM
it looked like DPI real time and replay/slo-mo. Refs screwed up a bunch on that last possession. I have to think it was a make-up call for the bad penalty on Owens. The MVS clock stopper was probably another make up call.
Either way, GB played like the better team overall in that game, and they won (as they should have).

Players jostling for position on a Hail Mary aren't going to get called for PI unless it's egregious, and that wasn't. That's the booth guys pandering to the Mahomes fans and the national viewers. If that was Zach Wilson throwing that ball they wouldn't have said much of anything, maybe focused on how it was almost picked or something.

George Cumby
12-06-2023, 10:10 AM
One thing I liked was that when the defense didn't get a ball ballcarrier down on the first tackle, there were allmost always reinforcements on the way to keep the gains from getting ugly. I don't know if that was better than most teams or typical of us over the whole season.

Agreed, there were always a lot of hats near the ball.

Pacheco was having a helluva game.

The gashes up the middle are pretty concerning.

bobblehead
12-06-2023, 11:13 AM

I half agree. You can't go thru a guy playing the ball though. Position matters. However the fact that he was totally playing the ball and even knocked it away got him the benefit of the doubt. Its probably PI because he got caught out of position, but its one that is called about 50/50. Its not a lock solid 100% called every time like they implied.

bobblehead
12-06-2023, 11:14 AM

Not even close to the most obvious. He was 100% playing the ball. Again, its not called as consistently as you and collinsworth are implying.

MadtownPacker
12-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Agreed, there were always a lot of hats near the ball.

Pacheco was having a helluva game.

The gashes up the middle are pretty concerning.
Fool reminded my of Ahman, looked like he was made out of boulders.