PDA

View Full Version : Lets see some real analysis of Jordan Love.

George Cumby
12-06-2023, 06:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYsZ3pVyCoc

Enjoy.

RashanGary
12-06-2023, 06:34 PM
JT is awesome. My favorite analyst. Love is a big post season performance away from being crowned.

Upnorth
12-06-2023, 07:34 PM
I have gone through every episode on love this season. Good and bad.
Last 3 have felt great

RashanGary
12-06-2023, 07:58 PM
I have gone through every episode on love this season. Good and bad.
Last 3 have felt great

Me too. He’s so interesting. The best out there at teaching the game.

Freak Out
12-06-2023, 08:29 PM
Very good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-07-2023, 10:15 AM
In Bobble’s glorious GameDay thread, thunderdan, among others, thought it was dumb for Love to take a sack prior to Carlson’s last FG. If you’re gonna take a sack, why not just pound the rock, they burted.

I was like, yo, Love taking a sack is smart as fuck. Gotta go for the metaphor kill. Incompletion stops clock; turnover is dumb. If nobody’s open, take sack to milk clock further!

Ole JT agrees with moi. Nobody was open.

Btw, Welcome back, Cumby. I was sure you were marooned on that desert you love to visit. What’s it called again? Joey’s Tree?

sharpe1027
12-07-2023, 10:25 AM
In Bobble’s glorious GameDay thread, thunderdan, among others, thought it was dumb for Love to take a sack prior to Carlson’s last FG. If you’re gonna take a sack, why not just pound the rock, they burted.

I was like, yo, Love taking a sack is smart as fuck. Gotta go for the metaphor kill. Incompletion stops clock; turnover is dumb. If nobody’s open, take sack to milk clock further!

Btw, Welcome back, Cumby. I was sure you were marooned on that desert you love to visit. What’s it called again? Joey’s Tree?

Love was trying to get back to the line of scrimmage or at least get every yard he could. Throwing an incomplete pass was the worse outcome.

ThunderDan
12-07-2023, 10:41 AM

And I stand by what I said which isn't what you are inferring. We could absolutely not have an incompletion. We should not have taken a sack or at least not a 10 yard sack.

The Pack if they were going to throw needed a quick hitter and if it wasn't there Love needed to take off up the middle to save or gain as many yards as possible.

There was no reason to run a play where the QB need to take a 7 step drop and lose 10 yards. If that was the play call, I would have rather run the ball.

sharpe1027
12-07-2023, 10:53 AM
And I stand by what I said which isn't what you are inferring. We could absolutely not have an incompletion. We should not have taken a sack or at least not a 10 yard sack.

The Pack if they were going to throw needed a quick hitter and if it wasn't there Love needed to take off up the middle to save or gain as many yards as possible.

There was no reason to run a play where the QB need to take a 7 step drop and lose 10 yards. If that was the play call, I would have rather run the ball.

They were aggressive. They probably thought they would catch KC playing the quick hitter and decided the risk reward was worth it. Had they completed a long pass and most everyone would be saying how great it was that they stayed aggressive.

Next time we're in a similar situation, the opposing team seeing this might respect the deep ball and the quick pass may be open.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-07-2023, 10:55 AM
Love was trying to get back to the line of scrimmage or at least get every yard he could. Throwing an incomplete pass was the worse outcome.

The all-22 seems to say that Love was seeking “John” Wicks for a short out route. DB covering Wicks was in the “pistol force” with outside leverage, blanketing said route. Love had time to throw a 50-50 rock to Doubs outside on a go route. Wisely waved the white flag with 95 of the Chefs zooming in after dominating the double team blocks of Runyan and Tom.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-07-2023, 11:10 AM

The playcall might suck, but going for the kill and subsequently taking the sack in that situation do not. As ole JT mentioned, the 48 yarder or so that Carlson made is something any NFL kicker is expected to make.

Sparkey
12-07-2023, 11:11 AM

JT said he should have committed to running as soon as the 1st option was covered. A little more nuanced than what you said, but sure. You called it.

Sparkey
12-07-2023, 11:15 AM
The QB School is a great watch/listen.

ThunderDan
12-07-2023, 12:36 PM
The playcall might suck, but going for the kill and subsequently taking the sack in that situation do not. As ole JT mentioned, the 48 yarder or so that Carlson made is something any NFL kicker is expected to make.

Except Anders has been anything but money as of late.

MadtownPacker
12-07-2023, 12:44 PM
Taking the sack was the best option after the play broke down. Seems they tried to go for the endzone to put the game away. Im good with that.

ThunderDan
12-07-2023, 12:46 PM
Taking the sack was the best option after the play broke down. Seems they tried to go for the endzone to put the game away. Im good with that.

I'm in 100% agreement that the sack at that point in the play was the best option.

George Cumby
12-07-2023, 02:28 PM
Glad to see folks are watching O'Sullivan, I've learned a ton from his channel and I'm much better watching the game now as a result.

My big takeaway from this vid, and all of his break downs of Jordan this season, is, as JT said "So. Fucking. Good". or something along those lines. Love is getting better and better as the season progresses and his knowledge, experience and confidence grow.

APRH, Love's floor is pretty damn high and his ceiling, well, we just don't know how high that is. We have every reason to feel very confident moving forward.

KYPack
12-07-2023, 02:41 PM
The all-22 seems to say that Love was seeking “John” Wicks for a short out route. DB covering Wicks was in the “pistol force” with outside leverage, blanketing said route. Love had time to throw a 50-50 rock to Doubs outside on a go route. Wisely waved the white flag with 95 of the Chefs zooming in after dominating the double team blocks of Runyan and Tom.

He might have outside leverage but he wasn't in pistol force. Pistol force is not a pass coverage. You wouldn't know that never have ever played a defensive halfback position.

Keep watching JT's UTube channel. It's excellent and you may learn enough football to fool others into thinking you were a "shutdown corner".

Not me, tho. I know better.

Joemailman
12-07-2023, 03:27 PM
Peter Bukowski
@Peter_Bukowski

His accuracy has improved, but they've also leaned into the KINDS of shot throws he's best at. Love is excellent laying deep throws outside the numbers on corners, deep overs, and slot fades.

He's far less accurate throwing sideline go balls or seam/posts to the middle.

texaspackerbacker
12-07-2023, 10:05 PM

I agree with you about going for the kill, but he shoulda rolled out, got outside the tackle box, and thrown it away rather than making it a ten yard longer kick for a shaky rookie kicker.

MadtownPacker
12-07-2023, 10:37 PM
Peter Bukowski
@Peter_Bukowski

His accuracy has improved, but they've also leaned into the KINDS of shot throws he's best at. Love is excellent laying deep throws outside the numbers on corners, deep overs, and slot fades.

He's far less accurate throwing sideline go balls or seam/posts to the middle.Very noticeable that he has been firing away. I don’t think he does touch passes great but damn the lasers are direct hits.

MadtownPacker
12-07-2023, 10:38 PM
I agree with you about going for the kill, but he shoulda rolled out, got outside the tackle box, and thrown it away rather than making it a ten yard longer kick for a shaky rookie kicker.
It was really the only play all game where he looked like a first year starter.

sharpe1027
12-08-2023, 10:55 AM
It was really the only play all game where he looked like a first year starter.

I don't agree. He stepped up in the pocket trying to avoid the sack but the pocket collapsed on him. If he tried to roll out, he might have lost more yards. He couldn't just throw it away because he was still in the pocket and it would have stopped the clock.

ThunderDan
12-08-2023, 11:42 AM
I don't agree. He stepped up in the pocket trying to avoid the sack but the pocket collapsed on him. If he tried to roll out, he might have lost more yards. He couldn't just throw it away because he was still in the pocket and it would have stopped the clock.

Exactly, the worst possibility on that play was an incompletion. We needed the clock to run. If Love had thrown it away, we would have given Mahomes 40 extra seconds to tie the game up.

texaspackerbacker
12-08-2023, 03:30 PM
The decision of a pass play - going for the kill - for better or worse, was almost certainly LaFleur's. That part is debatable. The mistake the kid made - and I say this as now a big supporter of his, was to take a deep drop and let himself be sacked. Fortunately for him and all us fans, the kicker bailed him out by making it from 10 or so yards farther.

Upnorth
12-08-2023, 03:38 PM
So I have heard a lot of love trash talk this season, and I know I was doubting him at one point, but I kinda already hate how much rah rah love dtuff is bring published. This week has gotten stupid and I hope it cools a bit. Not his play, just the excessive praise.

run pMc
12-08-2023, 04:18 PM
He's the new thing after beating two 1st place teams in consecutive games on National TV. If he was beating ARI and IND with the 3rd string broadcast crew there wouldn't be as much noise about it.
I do agree there's been a lot of hype though. Am hoping MLF and the veterans can keep the youngsters focused on the game and doing what got them this far.

Fritz
12-08-2023, 05:39 PM
This will be a great game to see how Love responds to success. You all remember what Mike McCarthy used to say about success….

Sparkey
12-08-2023, 07:52 PM
So I have heard a lot of love trash talk this season, and I know I was doubting him at one point, but I kinda already hate how much rah rah love dtuff is bring published. This week has gotten stupid and I hope it cools a bit. Not his play, just the excessive praise.

It is the world we live in now. Knee Jerk, over the top reactions to generate clicks for advertising $$$.

I HATE IT!

MadScientist
12-09-2023, 01:39 AM

Unfortunately, it will take a bad game for the press to stop hyping him. I'd rather deal with a fawning press if it means that Love is lights out these last 5 games.

sharpe1027
12-09-2023, 07:52 AM
The decision of a pass play - going for the kill - for better or worse, was almost certainly LaFleur's. That part is debatable. The mistake the kid made - and I say this as now a big supporter of his, was to take a deep drop and let himself be sacked. Fortunately for him and all us fans, the kicker bailed him out by making it from 10 or so yards farther.

The deep drop is due to the play call. He stepped up trying to minimize the loss, but the pocket collapsed. The only possible alternative was to pull the ball down sooner to run. No guarantees you don't get the same result and no chance to make the big play. HoF QBs would have done nothing different.

ThunderDan
12-09-2023, 09:31 AM

I am not on the Love bandwagon. I am not a Love hater.

I still like to point out that Pat Kirwin on NFL radio says it takes 20 games to really know what you have at QB.

Signs sure seem to be pointing up right now but 5 weeks ago I think we all were worried that Love wasn’t going to be a quality starter at QB.

For me, he certainly has shown enough to know he is your starter for next year. Get some more weapons especially at RB and get some help for the OL. Fire Barely and keep drafting like the last couple of years.

NewsBruin
12-09-2023, 01:48 PM
How is he on the sidelines? Does he communicate with the line or receivers when the D's on the field?