14 Sun 2023-12-10 3:05PM Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

14 Sun 2023-12-10 3:25PM Denver Broncos @ Los Angeles Chargers

14 Sun 2023-12-10 3:25PM Buffalo Bills @ Kansas City Chiefs

14 Sun 2023-12-10 7:20PM Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys

14 Mon 2023-12-11 7:15PM Tennessee Titans @ Miami Dolphins

Joemailman
12-07-2023, 08:22 AM
NATIONAL BROADCASTS
Thursday Night: New England @ Pittsburgh (Amazon)
Sunday Night: Philadelphia @ Dallas (NBC)
Monday Night: Green Bay @ NY Giants (ABC; Joe Buck, Troy Aikman)
Monday Night: Tennessee @ Miami (ESPN; Chris Fowler, Louis Riddick, Dan Orlovsky)
NE-PIT will be simulcast on WFXT (FOX/25) Boston and WPXI (NBC/11) Pittsburgh.

CBS Early - Most of the country, including Alaska will get Jacksonville at Cleveland. Ian Eagle and Charles Davis with the call. Much of Illinois and Indiana will get Indianapolis at Cincinnati. Tom McCarthy, James Lofton and Jay Feely with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/14-CBS-E.png

CBS Late - Most of the country, including Alaska will get Buffalo at Kansas City. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call. Some of the mountain states and southern California will get Denver at L.A. Chargers. Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber and Matt Ryan with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/14-CBS-L-V2.png

Fox Single - Most of Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinois will get Detroit at Chicago. Adam Amin and Mark Schlereth with the call. Western Wisconsin, Minnesota and most of Iowa will get Minnesota at Las Vegas. (Late) Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call. Much of the west, including Alaska will get Seattle at San Francisco. (Late) Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/14-FOX.png

Joemailman
12-07-2023, 08:28 AM
Teams Packers fans should probably be cheering for:

Panthers over Saints
Falcons over Buccaneers
Bears over Lions (If you still have hopes of Packers winning division).
Ravens over Rams
Raiders over Vikings
49ers over Seahawks

sharpe1027
12-07-2023, 09:54 AM

Panthers over Saints
Falcons over Buccaneers
Ravens over Rams
Raiders over Vikings
49ers over Seahawks

Great cheat sheet!

bobblehead
12-07-2023, 11:14 AM

Panthers over Saints
Falcons over Buccaneers
Ravens over Rams
Raiders over Vikings
49ers over Seahawks

I never get caught up in cheering for other teams to help us when we are in control of our own destiny. If you can't beat the Giants, which is all we need to focus on right now, then we don't deserve the playoffs.

RashanGary
12-07-2023, 08:17 PM
Odds are kind of against it, but we’re a week of things going our way, away from starting to talk division.

Joemailman
12-07-2023, 10:06 PM
Odds are kind of against it, but we’re a week of things going our way, away from starting to talk division.

Lions need to lose 3 for Packers to have a chance. Pretty sure Packers need to finish with a better division record, so Lions need to lose at least 2 in the division. Things could get very interesting if Bears pull the upset this week. If not then Vikings would need to sweep the Lions in weeks 16 and 18. Lions do have a fairly tough schedule.

14 Sun December 10 1:00PM ET @ Chicago Bears
15 Sun December 17 1:00PM ET Denver Broncos
16 Sun December 24 1:00PM ET @ Minnesota Vikings
17 Sat December 30 8:15PM ET @ Dallas Cowboys
18 Sun January 7 1:00PM ET Minnesota Vikings

MadtownPacker
12-07-2023, 10:33 PM
Bear lose but Vikings pull the sweep because the NFL wouldn’t have it any other way.

RashanGary
12-07-2023, 10:45 PM
The Bears really aren’t that bad. In the secondary they have Eddie Jackson and Jaylon Johnson. Their linebackers are pretty good. Sweat is a big pick up for their pass rush.

Fields is bad. Really bad. He’s baffled by NFL defense. But the combination of accuracy and mobility, there’s no one better. He can throw dimes when he throws the ball. He just stands there confused and doesn’t throw is the problem.

But DJ Moore is a top 5 or 10 receiver. Mooney is solid. Kmet is solid. Their running back looks good. If Fields has one of those days where the first read is open a few times, the Bears can hang with anyone when things fall Fields way. They could easily win. And their OL isn’t that bad either.

Sparkey
12-08-2023, 03:18 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1732972818533376451

Another terrible call last night, although not a lot of arguing as I think even Tomlin knew that MrTribble at QB wasn't going to do anything with it.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Lifelong Bears fan here. Bear down!! Lfg! Beat the Lions!!

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 01:01 PM
The Bears are a damn good up and coming team. It the Bears offensive staff can find creative ways to simplify the game, Fields could be the guy and they could load up on talent in the draft.

Or they could draft a true franchise guy if they think one is there.

Don’t sleep on the Bears. They have a chance to come up really soon.

Joemailman
12-10-2023, 01:06 PM
Hey Justin Fields. You can't hold on to the ball for 8 seconds against Aiden Hutchinson.

Joemailman
12-10-2023, 01:10 PM
The Bears are a damn good up and coming team. It the Bears offensive staff can find creative ways to simplify the game, Fields could be the guy and they could load up on talent in the draft.

Or they could draft a true franchise guy if they think one is there.

Don’t sleep on the Bears. They have a chance to come up really soon.

I wonder if the Bears might try to go after Kirk Cousins rather than start over with another rookie QB.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 01:21 PM
I wonder if the Bears might try to go after Kirk Cousins rather than start over with another rookie QB.

That’s interesting. Never thought of that. But they’d be able to load up on talent around whoever they decide upon.

Maybe it’s the coaches. I don’t know for sure. I’ve seen enough of Fields in the traditional drop back passing game to know he can’t do it. But maybe there are ways to greatly simplify it that they haven’t figured out. He can throw any pass in the game accurately. And run. If it’s simplified he can be great. I don’t know if it’s possible to make it simplified enough for him to handle.

I think they need a QB.

But even still, Fields is talented enough that on a lucky day where enough plays line up ideally where he can go to his first read, he can win any game. But it’s not often enough to want to stick with him.

Sparkey
12-10-2023, 02:12 PM
That’s interesting. Never thought of that. But they’d be able to load up on talent around whoever they decide upon.

Maybe it’s the coaches. I don’t know for sure. I’ve seen enough of Fields in the traditional drop back passing game to know he can’t do it. But maybe there are ways to greatly simplify it that they haven’t figured out. He can throw any pass in the game accurately. And run. If it’s simplified he can be great. I don’t know if it’s possible to make it simplified enough for him to handle.

I think they need a QB.

But even still, Fields is talented enough that on a lucky day where enough plays line up ideally where he can go to his first read, he can win any game. But it’s not often enough to want to stick with him.

Talent levels decrease if the QB is getting 40 million a year.

Sparkey
12-10-2023, 02:15 PM
Fields is a really sad looking QB.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2023, 02:23 PM

Just threw a nice TD bomb after the Pussies jumped offside on (lol) 4th and 18.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 02:26 PM

It takes a really unique kind of stupid to be that brilliant of a pure passer, that strong, fast and dynamic as a runner….. and still suck. Bless his heart.

Joemailman
12-10-2023, 02:32 PM
I think Lions are finding out you can only go so far with Jared Goff at QB

Joemailman
12-10-2023, 02:37 PM
Strange call by Lions on 4th and 1.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 02:38 PM
In a whole game of football, if fields threw the ball, he only missed one throw all gsme. He’s so talented. And so damn stupid.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 02:41 PM
This is a huge game for us. The Lions are really stumbling. If we take care of business tomorrow, we’ve got to be getting close to 25% chance of winning the division.

Sparkey
12-10-2023, 02:42 PM
Anticipation. He has none.

JT talks about it all the time on The QB School. Being able to throw with anticipation.

Sparkey
12-10-2023, 02:44 PM
Just threw a nice TD bomb after the Pussies jumped offside on (lol) 4th and 18.

His throwing motion/release looks weird sometimes. Almost like he is aiming instead of throwing.

Joemailman
12-10-2023, 02:48 PM
This is a huge game for us. The Lions are really stumbling. If we take care of business tomorrow, we’ve got to be getting close to 25% chance of winning the division.

Lions remaining schedule has no easy ones.

15 Sun December 17 1:00PM ET Denver Broncos
16 Sun December 24 1:00PM ET @ Minnesota Vikings
17 Sat December 30 8:15PM ET @ Dallas Cowboys
18 Sun January 7 1:00PM ET Minnesota Vikings

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2023, 02:48 PM
Jesters winning is fucking up my 8 teams parlay. I was hoping to turn $20 into $2740. Want to buy a couple of pedal drive kayaks.

Sliver lining? More hope of a Butte return this season!

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 02:49 PM
If I’m the Bears, I bring in an extra OL, I put my best blocker in the back field and I try to force feed Fields in the run game when they get the ball back. A first down pretty much ends it.

MadtownPacker
12-10-2023, 03:05 PM
Don’t Pack will be looking past Monday Night now. Division is now clearly up for grabs.

MadScientist
12-10-2023, 03:12 PM
The Lions using their thanksgiving game plan of turnovers and failed fourth down converse really helped the Bears today.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 03:31 PM
If we win the division we’d most likely be the 3rd seed. The most likely opponents would be Minnesota, Seattle or the Rams at Lambeau field.

Most likely 2nd game would be Philly or SF on the road followed by Philly or SF in the NFCC if it went that far.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-10-2023, 03:43 PM
Outstanding walk off punt return by the She-males against the Sheep-fuckers.

QBME
12-10-2023, 03:51 PM
If we win the division we’d most likely be the 3rd seed. The most likely opponents would be Minnesota, Seattle or the Rams at Lambeau field.

Most likely 2nd game would be Philly or SF on the road followed by Philly or SF in the NFCC if it went that far.

To quote my friend KYPack (dating back to the JSO days), “keep your stinger inside your jeans”.

More wise words were never spoke.

Lot’s of football left to play. Focus now is on New York. Nothing else.

Go Pack Go.

Joemailman
12-10-2023, 04:55 PM
To quote my friend KYPack (dating back to the JSO days), “keep your stinger inside your jeans”.

More wise words were never spoke.

Lot’s of football left to play. Focus now is on New York. Nothing else.

Go Pack Go.

Well, that's true of the players and coaches. Not us. Unless Packers are reading Packerrats. Come to think of it...

Fritz
12-10-2023, 05:21 PM
The Lions using their thanksgiving game plan of turnovers and failed fourth down converse really helped the Bears today.

I listened to some post-game radio call in crap, which was great fun. Here's a sampling of opinions regarding the Loins, from their fans and from their announcers:

1 Jarad Goff is terrible. Start Hendon Hooker now! Even though he's never even taken even a preseason snap, even though Bridgewater is the backup.

2 da Bears are actually really good! Their defense is actually the top defense in the NFL in the last six games. They're a really good team! Fields is a freak!

3 WTF was that fourth-and-one call? A slow-developing running play? And the Loins' supposed identity is the physical, tough, run-it-down-their throats, but they couldn't get a yard?

Teamcheez1
12-10-2023, 06:16 PM
Vikings beat Raiders 3-0. Did not see the game. Are these offenses that bad?

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 06:20 PM
Vikings beat Raiders 3-0. Did not see the game. Are these offenses that bad?

That’s good. We need that team of rejects to be inspired when they play the Lions.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 06:22 PM
Chargers, Lions and Chiefs stinking it up lately. Maybe we blew our wads a little early on the whole, beating playoff teams all in a row thing.

texaspackerbacker
12-10-2023, 07:05 PM
Up for grabs is a stretch, as we're still two games behind even if we beat the Giants. But with the tougher Lions schedule, it definitely could happen. Good also that Tampa beat Atlanta too, as we lost to the Falcons and still could/should beat Tampa. Also good that the Rams lost.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 07:45 PM
Eagles getting slapped around. Would be cool to win division, then get Minnesota in lambeau for wildcard. Then beat eagles in division. Then nfcc against 49ers. And love does what 12 couldnt. Owl. And the legend of 10 is born. Lfg!!!!

Joemailman
12-10-2023, 08:53 PM
Dak Prescott having an MVP-type year with Mike McCarthy calling plays. Imagine that.

MadtownPacker
12-10-2023, 09:01 PM
Dak Prescott having an MVP-type year with Mike McCarthy calling plays. Imagine that.
M3 looking healthy at halftime. Hate cowboys but still wish McCarthy well.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 10:05 PM
That Cowboys kicker is gonna make one from 70 some day.

I really like McCarthy. He could win another Owl this year. If we can’t win it, I hope MM does.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 10:20 PM
I’m getting a laugh out of Mahommes getting eaten alive on Twitter for being a sore loser and a whiny bitch. He’s graduated from grateful awe shucks youngster to full pampered tyrant in a few short years.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-11-2023, 12:58 AM
I’m getting a laugh out of Mahommes getting eaten alive on Twitter for being a sore loser and a whiny bitch. He’s graduated from grateful awe shucks youngster to full pampered tyrant in a few short years.

Did you whine on Twitter about the two successful “Love Shoves” that were called back due to offensive offsides? If so, who are you to call P-Ma a tyrant?

P-Ma has a point: the zebras are scripting NFL games. Hell, an argument could be made supporting the notion that the zebras scripted Brady to 7 Super Bowl wins - it all started with that infamous Brady fumble that was overturned as an incompletion.

Fritz
12-11-2023, 07:27 AM

They all do. It must be human nature. Except for Bart Starr, maybe, but that was a different time.

I can't even imagine - "Hey, Bart, what's your 'brand'?"

texaspackerbacker
12-11-2023, 09:58 AM
Did you whine on Twitter about the two successful “Love Shoves” that were called back due to offensive offsides? If so, who are you to call P-Ma a tyrant?

P-Ma has a point: the zebras are scripting NFL games. Hell, an argument could be made supporting the notion that the zebras scripted Brady to 7 Super Bowl wins - it all started with that infamous Brady fumble that was overturned as an incompletion.

APB, I generally have more bad to say about officials in various sports than just about anybody, but I sure as hell don't buy into this idiotic conspiratorial crap about "scripting" games or "it's all rigged". I'm surprised that you do. They make mistakes, and I wouldn't put it past them to do make up calls for the mistakes, but scripted? Hell No. Basketball, both NBA and college, are a LOT worse than the NFL. There, I wouldn't claim out and out favoritism, but there is a bias toward some styles over others which makes some teams victims more than others. The worst you can validly say about the NFL is they aren't consistent in how close they call things - like last night, super close on both teams early and later not so much.

texaspackerbacker
12-11-2023, 10:03 AM
I've always had a high opinion of Dak even when a lot of others didn't. In his early years, he was the next thing to Rodgers in being careful. Then he had a stretch of throwing too many picks. Now under McCarthy, he has settled in to doing it right. Do ya'all suppose McCarthy actually gets some credit for coaching up Rodgers early in his career to be that way too? Maybe Packer fans didn't give Ol' Mike enough credit. Or maybe he just needed a new start to up his coaching game. Or maybe both.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-11-2023, 10:59 AM
APB, I generally have more bad to say about officials in various sports than just about anybody, but I sure as hell don't buy into this idiotic conspiratorial crap about "scripting" games or "it's all rigged". I'm surprised that you do. They make mistakes, and I wouldn't put it past them to do make up calls for the mistakes, but scripted? Hell No. Basketball, both NBA and college, are a LOT worse than the NFL. There, I wouldn't claim out and out favoritism, but there is a bias toward some styles over others which makes some teams victims more than others. The worst you can validly say about the NFL is they aren't consistent in how close they call things - like last night, super close on both teams early and later not so much.

I was attempting to be sarcastic. :)

MadtownPacker
12-11-2023, 11:27 AM
Mahomie is fun to watch regardless but I really need to stop hearing him talk because all I can think is….. :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1044485602836697088/ldtR3rh3_400x400.jpg

Joemailman
12-11-2023, 11:42 AM

It seemed to start last year after they won the Super Bowl. All that talk about how "nobody respected us". Hell, they were always one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl. Maybe it started before that and I just missed it.

Fritz
12-11-2023, 03:41 PM
It seemed to start last year after they won the Super Bowl. All that talk about how "nobody respected us". Hell, they were always one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl. Maybe it started before that and I just missed it.

Isn't that what every team says? It's such an artificial stimulant, so obvious.

NewsBruin
12-11-2023, 03:52 PM
"Well, except for my mom, my school coaches, my ex-teammates, my current teammates, fanmail from prisons and elementary schools, my Twitter replies, and the sellout home crowds and their signs, my personal chef, private performance coach, the Bodega clerks, cat groomer, gawking pizza-delivery teens,
and the one contrarian dude on the panel show, nobody believed in me."

NewsBruin
12-11-2023, 03:58 PM
I hate-enjoyed watching Mahomes on the final drive against us. It was easier since it was an eight-point deficit, but he reminded me of an old arcade boss where you beat 'em up and they come back faster and angrier (and maybe a different color). He just wanted to launch 20-30 yard rockets when he ran out of tineouts.

But just like last week, it sounds like he had chances after the controversial play, and didn't make it happen.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2023, 04:46 PM
That's an awesome way to describe that feeling man. :lol: He was acting like King Bowser yesterday after Mario beats him.

But dont you automatically dislike him for being a Texas Tech guy with all your Baylor love?

bobblehead
12-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Mahomie is fun to watch regardless but I really need to stop hearing him talk because all I can think is….. :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1044485602836697088/ldtR3rh3_400x400.jpg

Hi ho, kermit the frog here....

RashanGary
12-11-2023, 06:01 PM
I hate-enjoyed watching Mahomes on the final drive against us. It was easier since it was an eight-point deficit, but he reminded me of an old arcade boss where you beat 'em up and they come back faster and angrier (and maybe a different color). He just wanted to launch 20-30 yard rockets when he ran out of tineouts.

But just like last week, it sounds like he had chances after the controversial play, and didn't make it happen.

That’s exactly how it felt. It felt like he was gonna do it too.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2023, 06:11 PM
Hi ho, kermit the frog here....And he dates a blonde!!

QBME
12-11-2023, 06:25 PM
Sorry to disrupt the AFC shit, but the friggin’ Bears looked and delivered scarily good.

RashanGary
12-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Sorry to disrupt the AFC shit, but the friggin’ Bears looked and delivered scarily good.

For sure. Fields can really throw the ball. Velocity, accuracy, touch, everything. He’s an elite passer. And dangerous runner. Jordan Love is better off platform, but other than that, when it comes to physical skill and talent, every thing Jordan Love does, Fields does better.

If not for the mental part of the game, Fields is a generational talent.

But he processes slow. He has no anticipation. He stands there confused on more than half of his drop backs, if not more. They do everything they can to make one read plays for him, like screens or isolating DJ Moore on half of the field where the defense has less moving parts to account for. They’re doing everything they can to make a kindergarten offense for him, but he’s so limited mentally, I think you always just kind of want to replace him so you can open up your offense.

But on any given Sunday, that guy can destroy your defense if they get him enough easy reads to just let his elite talent take over.

And the rest of their team is very much improved. If they keep fields they’ll be good. The only way they’re gonna sink into the usual bear misery is if they let fields go and completely whiff in their qb selection. And that is peak Bears being Bears.

texaspackerbacker
12-14-2023, 12:47 AM
I was attempting to be sarcastic. :)

Oh. Sorry. I guess it's true, I don't handle sarcasm well hahahaha. I know I certainly hate it.

I suppose you're aware, there are plenty of dumbasses who actually believe that view you sarcastically expressed.

texaspackerbacker
12-14-2023, 12:56 AM
For sure. Fields can really throw the ball. Velocity, accuracy, touch, everything. He’s an elite passer. And dangerous runner. Jordan Love is better off platform, but other than that, when it comes to physical skill and talent, every thing Jordan Love does, Fields does better.

If not for the mental part of the game, Fields is a generational talent.

But he processes slow. He has no anticipation. He stands there confused on more than half of his drop backs, if not more. They do everything they can to make one read plays for him, like screens or isolating DJ Moore on half of the field where the defense has less moving parts to account for. They’re doing everything they can to make a kindergarten offense for him, but he’s so limited mentally, I think you always just kind of want to replace him so you can open up your offense.

But on any given Sunday, that guy can destroy your defense if they get him enough easy reads to just let his elite talent take over.

And the rest of their team is very much improved. If they keep fields they’ll be good. The only way they’re gonna sink into the usual bear misery is if they let fields go and completely whiff in their qb selection. And that is peak Bears being Bears.

good Analysis of Fields. The Bears would be stupid to let him go ...... but then the Bears are nothing if not stupid. There are reasons why they still suck, although maybe not quite as bad as in the past.

As for Love in comparison, he probably is just slightly worse than Fields in those areas you said. However, I see him as so much better mentally to make him a better all around QB - having soaked up a lot of Aaron Rodgers.

texaspackerbacker
12-14-2023, 01:00 AM
I do NOT hate Mahomes (or anybody else for that matter) calling out the God damned officials. Those arrogant bastards in general don't deserve to live and breathe in peace.