PDA

View Full Version : Rayner

b bulldog
09-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Nice to see a K that can actually kick the ball in the endzone. Morency looked fast on his KR, Hawk looked the best he has so far, Poppy played better, Brett and Driver looked real good and the OlIne looked better. Kampy is putting up probowl numbers at DE and Green looked BAD!

red
09-17-2006, 03:53 PM
pop played like sh't to me and shouldn't have been in the game IMO

why in the hell do you not put in ben taylor on passing plays?

green had no where to go, the o-line got their asses handed to them on the running plays, they did pretty good on passing plays though.

kampman had another of those freak games like he had last year at minny, lets hops its not his one big game of the season like it was last year

b bulldog
09-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Kampy played well against the bears so this is two games in a row while Brady was much better against the pass than last week although I don't think the Saints really went after him. Green even if he has no holes, needs to CATCH THE BALL AND NOT FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

red
09-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Kampy played well against the bears so this is two games in a row while Brady was much better against the pass than last week although I don't think the Saints really went after him. Green even if he has no holes, needs to CATCH THE BALL AND NOT FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

true on green needing to catch the ball and not fumble. but back to brady, i don't remember exactly what they were, but i remember at least 2 plays where he screwed up pretty bad on passing plays, that at the time i was thinking he just lost us the game (of course i know that a lot of stupid mistakes made by the whole team cost us the game), but at the time thats what i thought

The Leaper
09-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I agree red.

Not only is Poppinga a COMPLETE liability in coverage, he often over-pursues and is out of position in run defense.

Check out the final TD by McAllister...Poppinga took himself entirely out of the play.

Hawk is twice the player Poppinga is. Taylor should be given a chance out there. He's not that much older than Poppinga...and has a hell of a lot more experience.

b bulldog
09-17-2006, 04:05 PM
He is a converted DE playing LB so he gets lost in space. He did better imo but he still needs much more work. I think Hodge will be the next Mike so Taylor would be the only other option and for some reason they don't seem to want him out there.

digitaldean
09-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I agree red.

Not only is Poppinga a COMPLETE liability in coverage, he often over-pursues and is out of position in run defense.

Check out the final TD by McAllister...Poppinga took himself entirely out of the play.

Hawk is twice the player Poppinga is. Taylor should be given a chance out there. He's not that much older than Poppinga...and has a hell of a lot more experience.

Leaper,

Poppinga needs to be benched. Overall he overpursues plays. His bad play on Deuce's TD plus pass coverage mistakes were evident.

I know he has the "p" word (potential). But I don't think it justifies him starting.

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 04:08 PM
pop played like sh't to me and shouldn't have been in the game IMO

why in the hell do you not put in ben taylor on passing plays?

green had no where to go, the o-line got their asses handed to them on the running plays, they did pretty good on passing plays though.

kampman had another of those freak games like he had last year at minny, lets hops its not his one big game of the season like it was last year

Brady Poppinga only had ONE (1) tackle.

He didn't seem a positive factor as I see it.

chewy-bacca
09-17-2006, 04:10 PM
The game plan was so much better this week. They had Brett roll out and bootleg a lot more. That made the oline look better b\c he was not running for his life 90% of the time. Green ran hard, but the holes were not there yet.

Overall I saw improvement on all phases. Woodson even made a play!

b bulldog
09-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Agree but the Saints D is no where near the Bears.

chewy-bacca
09-17-2006, 04:12 PM
^ and its a good thing, we need to feel good about something! :lol:

red
09-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Agree but the Saints D is no where near the Bears.

not many d's are

Patler
09-17-2006, 04:29 PM

Kampman had a sack last week and 3 other QB knockdowns. He had 3 sacks today. He lead the team last year in total sacks, hurries and knockdowns. Sooner or later he will be appreciated for the pass rush he does provide.

red
09-17-2006, 04:31 PM

Kampman had a sack last week and 3 other QB knockdowns. He had 3 sacks today. He lead the team last year in total sacks, hurries and knockdowns. Sooner or later he will be appreciated for the pass rush he does provide.

and a good chunk of those last year came in one game

Scott Campbell
09-17-2006, 04:32 PM

Isn't that true of many pass rushers?

Bossman641
09-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Poppinga played a little better today but he still bites hard on play actions.
And he dropped about the easiest INT you'll ever see. :roll:

retailguy
09-17-2006, 04:34 PM

? So what? You gotta start somewhere? I don't understand with all the holes on this team, you would bash kampman? Being a monster in a game is what a DE is all about. You find a way to exploit the tackle you've got.... and you keep doing it.

I don't get it Red.... How's your fantasy team doing? Did you play williams this week? Picked him up in my other two leagues today, for solid b/ups down the stretch, I hope.

packrulz
09-17-2006, 04:37 PM
At least a few positives from this game. Give it time.

red
09-17-2006, 04:42 PM

Isn't that true of many pass rushers?

yeah you can say that about some of the more overhyped guys

when a guy gets half his season sacks in 1 game you have to ask if its because the player is so good, or is it because the guy blocking him is so bad

i'm not convinced he's the greatest DE in the world yet like some people seem to think based on 2 good games. i'm not bashing the game, he played gret today. i'm just saying i hope its not his only big game of the year like he did last year against the queens

last year he had only 4 sacks in the 9 games before the queens game, and zero sacks in the 6 games after that

like i said, he better not have blown his load for the year, he needs to keep it up

red
09-17-2006, 04:48 PM
How's your fantasy team doing? Did you play williams this week? Picked him up in my other two leagues today, for solid b/ups down the stretch, I hope.

i'm not sure how my teams doing, stupid yahoo won't tell me, so i have to try and figure it out on my own.

no i didn't start deangelo, his time is soon though. mcgahee got me 9 points, so it wasn't a huge loss. plax got me 9 ponts on the last play of the giants eagles game. lj has 12 points at the start of the 2nd half, and thats about it. my 2 benched wr's both had over 110 yards. so things are looking up. a lot of my point guys are playing in the later games today

justanotherpackfan
09-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Poppinga played a little better today but he still bites hard on play actions.
And he dropped about the easiest INT you'll ever see. :roll:
In his defense, the ball was spinning sideways.

Patler
09-17-2006, 05:18 PM

No, three of his sacks came in one game. His team leading total of 31.5 sacks, knockdowns and hurries came throughout the season.

VegasPackFan
09-17-2006, 06:05 PM
I think M3 has made it pretty clear that the number one goal this year is for the young players to get playing time and for every game, every play to be a learning opportunity.

The Popinga situation, I believe is a symbol of this. It is clear that he is not playing all that well, but the staff must like his upside in the future more than, say, Ben Taylor. They probably also consider him a "Packer guy".

So we will more than likely have to suffer. It doesnt look like they are going to pull these young guys.

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Bulldog,

I agree on most of what you are writing here.

For a team that is 0-2 with little optimism going it's way, I'm surprisingly okay with this season. It's not as bad as last year. Probably because last year I thought we were going to make the playoffs, and this year I thought 7-9 would be the absolute best we could do.