PDA

View Full Version : Packers at Panthers Discussion Thread

Joemailman
12-18-2023, 05:07 PM
Packers lead all-time series 11-6. 10-6 -n regular season, 1-0 in playoffs.

Last meeting: December 19, 2020. Packers defeated the Panthers 24-16 at Lambeau. Aaron Jones rushed for 145 yards and 1 TD. D.J. Moore caught 6 passes for 131 yards for the Panthers.

Offensively Panthers rank 29th in points scored and 30th in yards gained. In 13 games Bryce Young has completed 59.4 % of his passes for 2359 yards with 9 TD's and 9 INT's. Young has been sacked 51 times. Adam Thielen leads the Panthers in receiving with 89 catches for 870 yards and 4 TD's. Chuba Hubbard leads the Panthers with 731 yards and 4 TD's, averaging 3.9 YPC.

Defensively, Panthers rank 29th in points allowed, but are 3rd in yards allowed. Opponents have thrown for 2432 yards with 17 TD's and 8 INT's. Opponents have rushed for 1651 yards and 21 TD's, averaging 4.0 YPC. Panthers have sacked opposing QB's just 20 times.

Packers are favored by 4.5.
Moneyline: Panthers +180, Packers -215
Over/under 36.5

Underdog in last 5 Packer games has won straight up

Bretsky
12-18-2023, 05:53 PM
One of the worst offenses I have ever seen. It’s the game where Barry ball looks great and all the anti ETTers start
Getting terrified again that Barryball is here to stay

run pMc
12-18-2023, 06:47 PM
Panthers are a bad team. Packers should win.

I don't trust Barry's defense, even against the Panthers, but I do trust the offense more, especially if they can get a little healthier. Wicks, Reed and Kraft with AJones should be good enough to eke out a win that will be tighter than it needs to be.

ThunderDan
12-18-2023, 06:58 PM
On a positive note, if we lose the Panthers might not have to hand the 1st pick of the draft to the Bears and we would be back picking in the top 10.

Fritz
12-18-2023, 10:15 PM
On a positive note, if we lose the Panthers might not have to hand the 1st pick of the draft to the Bears and we would be back picking in the top 10.

I like what JoeM asked in another thread: “I wonder what Joe Barry will do to help get Bryce Young’s career jump started?”

Though I think Bretsky might be right. Joe Barely will “hold” the Panthers to 20, and the Pack will eke out a win, calming the fans a bit. Though I’m not sure it’ll save his job. But who knows?

Bretsky
12-18-2023, 11:42 PM

E. T. T :)))

Fritz
12-19-2023, 07:25 AM
On the other hand, with only three games left, losing to football's worst team would put a sour taste in everyone's mouths concerning the team's progress. Unless, I suppose, Jordan Love has a career day, Rasheed Walker and Sean Rhyan play lights out, the young receivers look really good, but the defense gives up thirty-some points and the Packers lose by one point on (another) last-second score against the Packers' defense.

I suppose that narrative could fit into the "team on the upswing" idea, as long as it's the final nail in the Joe Barely career coffin.

Upnorth
12-19-2023, 10:12 AM
Come on guys, we all know how this plays out. Its a garbage team, we are doomed.
I wish we could play a top 5 team every game.

Joemailman
12-19-2023, 10:29 AM
It will be interesting to see how they respond with all the turbulence swirling around the defense.

Joemailman
12-20-2023, 12:49 PM
Mike Spofford
@mikespofford

RB Emanuel Wilson has returned to practice for #Packers, so his window to potentially return from IR has opened. RB AJ Dillon also practicing.
Not practicing Wednesday: WR Christian Watson, WR Jayden Reed, S Darnell Savage, LB De’Vondre Campbell, G Elton Jenkins.

Joemailman
12-20-2023, 02:37 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur said ILB De'Vondre Campbell pours his heart into the game and said his comments came with frustration over being hurt this year. He said they decided to give him time off in practice and evaluate at the end ofweek. Said it's best to get his body back.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

LaFleur said he's not overly worried about Campbell's message affecting younger players. He said he thought the players were competitive and on point in practice today.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
·
32m
LaFleur said he had an open player forum on Monday to talk about what happened on defense on Sunday. He said it was important to get the group together and be open and honest about ways to move forward.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

De’Vondre Campbell spoke for 90 seconds before #Packers closed their locker room to media for player meetings. He would not address this tweet: “I’m not answering no questions about nothing that happened on the Internet. If you want to talk about the Carolina Panthers, we can.”

Joemailman
12-20-2023, 03:46 PM
Fox Early - Most of Wisconsin will get Green Bay at Carolina. Chris Myers and Robert Smith with the call. Much of the country, including northwest Wisconsin and Alaska will get Detroit at Minnesota. Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call.

https://506sports.com/2023/16-FOX-E.png

Joemailman
12-20-2023, 05:40 PM
Panthers have almost as many guys on the injury report as Packers!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB0f6f1XoAALE0X?format=jpg&name=medium

Teamcheez1
12-21-2023, 05:21 AM
I hope the offense continues to move forward and improve.
I think it would be fun for the defense to collapse again. I need to hear MLF say at least one more time, we are not changing coordinators and I have to look at the tape.

If we can’t get Jaire or Watson back on the field (among others), shut them down for the season.

Fritz
12-21-2023, 08:39 AM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur said ILB De'Vondre Campbell pours his heart into the game and said his comments came with frustration over being hurt this year. He said they decided to give him time off in practice and evaluate at the end ofweek. Said it's best to get his body back.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

LaFleur said he's not overly worried about Campbell's message affecting younger players. He said he thought the players were competitive and on point in practice today.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
·
32m
LaFleur said he had an open player forum on Monday to talk about what happened on defense on Sunday. He said it was important to get the group together and be open and honest about ways to move forward.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

De’Vondre Campbell spoke for 90 seconds before #Packers closed their locker room to media for player meetings. He would not address this tweet: “I’m not answering no questions about nothing that happened on the Internet. If you want to talk about the Carolina Panthers, we can.”

Preston Smith: Flower, you're cool, but your man Joe just sucks ass. Puts us in bad spots all the time.

Quay Walker: Yeah, why is Joe playing to my weaknesses?

Rudy Ford: Speak up, man. None of us safeties can hear a thing you're saying out here. Joe told us to stand thirty yards outside the meeting room.

Joe: Hey, fellas, you know, I did find a way to keep Tampa from running the ball. Come on.

LeFleur: Campbell, anything you want to say?

Campbell: Nope. I said all I need to say.

Joemailman
12-21-2023, 12:23 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

WRs Jayden Reed and Christian Watson did not practice again today.

Same with Darnell Savage and De’Vondre Campbell.

Elgton Jenkins back after a day off yesterday.

KYPack
12-21-2023, 12:31 PM
Preston Smith: Flower, you're cool, but your man Joe just sucks ass. Puts us in bad spots all the time.

Rudy Ford: Speak up, man. None of us safeties can hear a thing you're saying out here. Joe told us to stand thirty yards outside the meeting room.

Joe: Hey, fellas, you know, I did find a way to keep Tampa from running the ball. Come on.

Great post Fritz. Actually got a chuckle and a half out of that one.

SudsMcBucky
12-21-2023, 01:04 PM

:bow::clap::rs::worship:

call_me_ishmael
12-21-2023, 01:27 PM
ETT and find a way to look competent on offense while losing this one.

bobblehead
12-21-2023, 02:17 PM

I'm confused. This is a real transcript right??

Joemailman
12-21-2023, 04:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB5lMu1XgAAaEAr?format=jpg&name=large

Joemailman
12-22-2023, 02:12 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
Game designations for the Packers:

OUT: Campbell, Savage, Musgrave
DOUBTFUL: Watson, Em. Wilson, Tenuta
QUESTIONABLE: Alexander, Dillon, Reed, Wicks, Ford, Rochell, Slaton.

Reed went outside but technically did not practice.

Joemailman
12-22-2023, 02:26 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Luke Musgrave said he might not have finished Chargers game a few weeks ago if he knew his kidney was lacerated, but it hadn’t bled enough to be “astronomically painful” until he got home. Saw the blood in his urine, and knew pretty quickly something was significantly wrong.

Musgrave says he wants to play again this season. “I’ll play through pain,” he says. As if there was doubt. He also realizes this is significant injury, and he must be cautious. Musgrave says his lacerated kidney was “level 4 out of 5” grade, and he still has pain. So, we’ll see.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2023, 02:38 PM
Can’t wait until next year when he is back.

Joemailman
12-22-2023, 03:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB-ySkHWUAAHvHH?format=jpg&name=medium

run pMc
12-22-2023, 07:35 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Luke Musgrave said he might not have finished Chargers game a few weeks ago if he knew his kidney was lacerated, but it hadn’t bled enough to be “astronomically painful” until he got home. Saw the blood in his urine, and knew pretty quickly something was significantly wrong.

Musgrave says he wants to play again this season. “I’ll play through pain,” he says. As if there was doubt. He also realizes this is significant injury, and he must be cautious. Musgrave says his lacerated kidney was “level 4 out of 5” grade, and he still has pain. So, we’ll see.

Helluva thing to play thru. You can't say he's soft or not tough.

Teamcheez1
12-22-2023, 08:25 PM
No point in bringing Musgrave back this year.

In fact, they should go ahead and put Campbell, Savage, Jaire, and Watson on IR.

Fritz
12-23-2023, 05:49 AM
No point in bringing Musgrave back this year.

In fact, they should go ahead and put Campbell, Savage, Jaire, and Watson on IR.

A little late for that at this point.

Teamcheez1
12-23-2023, 08:11 AM
Not too late. Give the roster spot to someone who might play. The main point is these players should be shut down as they’re potential contributions are likely minimal the rest of the season.

Fritz
12-23-2023, 10:28 AM
Not too late. Give the roster spot to someone who might play. The main point is these players should be shut down as they’re potential contributions are likely minimal the rest of the season.

They need to see and evaluate Savage and Alexander if at all possible. Big decisions regarding Savage and possibly Alexander. Campbell won't be back, I don't think, next year. He's clearly not quite the player he was when the Pack first signed him. Probably not his fault at all - he seems like a good leader who got frustrated. So I suppose you could put him on IR if you thought there was a young guy somewhere on the team worth looking at (I think they already know what they have with McDuffie).

Musgrave, you could shelve. Why risk a bright future? Probably same with Watson, unless you really think that hammy will heal and then he can figure out how better to handle his hammy issues in the offseason.

RashanGary
12-23-2023, 10:58 AM
I would say Savage is what he is, but then remember Heyward and Hyde going on to bright futures elsewhere. Probably a good idea to see as much of him as possible.

Alexander is what he is, a shutdown corner when he’s healthy. I don’t need to see any more of him this season. That’s purely medical.

I would want to see Watson and Musgrave if they’re healthy. Not so much for gleaning insight into who they are as players, but as young guys, they get better with experience. Especially musgrave. He’ll benefit from playing. And Love will benefit getting a better feel for their strengths too.

run pMc
12-23-2023, 04:48 PM
Nothing to be gained by putting them on IR unless you think you need the roster spots. IR effectively means they miss 4 games, and there are 3 left in the season (4 if they somehow eke into the WC round).

Reed's injuries are starting to stack up, which is a little worrisome. No jet sweep carries vs. TB; I suspect they won't do that this game either even if Reed plays.

bobblehead
12-23-2023, 05:05 PM
This is a HUGE game for us. The bears have Carolina #1 overall pick. We need to lose so the bears lose their franchise QB opportunity. I know Joe Barry can make this happen.

Joemailman
12-23-2023, 05:25 PM
This is a HUGE game for us. The bears have Carolina #1 overall pick. We need to lose so the bears lose their franchise QB opportunity. I know Joe Barry can make this happen.

What makes you think the Bears will make the right choice even if they do have the #1 pick? They had the shot at the #1 QB in 2017 and took Trubisky. Bears will be Bears.

RashanGary
12-23-2023, 05:40 PM
What makes you think the Bears will make the right choice even if they do have the #1 pick? They had the shot at the #1 QB in 2017 and took Trubisky. Bears will be Bears.

It’s kind of funny. Most of their fans don’t even want to pick a qb. Fields is the best they’ve had and they think a top pick is more likely to fail than the failure they already have. Bears are so used to bearing. It’s ugly over there.

Bretsky
12-23-2023, 08:29 PM
There is NO POSSIBLE WAY Green Bay loses to the Pathers; they are that horrible

Joemailman
12-23-2023, 09:16 PM
There is NO POSSIBLE WAY Green Bay loses to the Pathers; they are that horrible

So you're doing The Whammy in reverse as part of ETT?