PDA

View Full Version : TAKE YOUR STAND RATS

Bretsky
12-22-2023, 01:34 PM
Trying to be the wanna be POLLMASTER again here :)

So let's cut through the shit and see where y'll stand.

Gotta choose ONE

RashanGary
12-22-2023, 01:40 PM
There are a lot of benefits to losing out as long as it’s injury related reasons and/or reasons that are not going to be here next year anyway.

If we lose for reasons that won’t be easily fixed, I’d rather win and have the arrow point up. But if you can lose with the arrow pointing up, that’s ideal!

Bretsky
12-22-2023, 01:43 PM
I am curious, where da Rats are at; this was a recent poll as well via radio media and it was 84% to 16%.

And of course, I love being called an idiot by Tex, and it's been a while :)))

Speak up all. I'm seen so many things out our offense to have optimism

But not on the other side. The other sides is a F'ckin Trainwreck.

Heating Flower, make excuses, and then use the wording, challenges in communication, if the Motherload of all cover ups. The Fear is Real. BarryBall might be here for years if the cards fall right this season. I think we saw similar things last year....a nice ending....causing the Flower to not even look into two elite Defensive Coordinators (Brain Flores...Vic Fangio).

That can't happen again; The Greater Good

Bretsky
12-22-2023, 01:49 PM
There are a lot of benefits to losing out as long as it’s injury related reasons and/or reasons that are not going to be here next year anyway.

If we lose for reasons that won’t be easily fixed, I’d rather win and have the arrow point up. But if you can lose with the arrow pointing up, that’s ideal!

The arrow pointing up is at WR; perhaps OL, and TE. Probably QB too

On the other side, well.....no idea at this point. I will admit this

As much as I detest Joe Barry, I worry that our problems on DEFENSE are much greater than Barry Ball.

Compare the individual improvement from the offense the defense. To me it's not even remotely close. I worry out whole defensive staff need to be analyzed, and perhaps let go. Who has shown, significant improvement, on defense ? Wyatt, Walker ? Not really. Savage ? KENNY CLARK, I think he has. But...what else. And you could argue Gutebag doesn't exactly draft great defensive players either. I just don't know

NewsBruin
12-22-2023, 01:59 PM
I voted for lose and rebuild, but if Joe decides to rip out Rex Ryan's heart and eat it LIKE A GODDAMN SNACK~! for the next three games, I could be inclined to keep him.

Joemailman
12-22-2023, 02:19 PM
This vote might be unanimous unless Joe Barry's mom votes. And even then I'm not so sure. I think everybody understands this team isn't a true contender with Barry at DC. I suppose there could be a few who can't bring themselves to vote for Packers losing to the Bears.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2023, 02:44 PM
As always the poll is more tainted than your mouth after licking the pole residue off a stripper. To vote I need to see LOSE NEXT TWO THEN END WITH WIN VS BEARS.

Joemailman
12-22-2023, 03:04 PM
Losing to the Bears would be tough. But it would be fun to see the Bears fans get real cocky only to have Love & Co. rip their hearts out next year.

Fosco33
12-22-2023, 03:06 PM
I’d we win out and make the playoffs and win the SB - then Barely can stay

Joemailman
12-22-2023, 03:14 PM

Look who's being all magnanimous.

ThunderDan
12-22-2023, 04:28 PM
Can we win all three against bad teams by a point and still can Barely?

I need that choice.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2023, 06:04 PM
You must be on more mushrooms than Mario. You know the D will give it up at some point.

sharpe1027
12-22-2023, 07:04 PM
Don't play to lose. Barry being retained should be based on how the defense does, not the final record. I want to vote for half of each option.

texaspackerbacker
12-23-2023, 12:54 AM
Yeah, flawed poll. There's strong chance of winning all three and Barry still fired. That's certainly what SHOULD happen.

We go all the way and win the Super Bowl, and maybe keep Barry. Otherwise, dump him.

I see the poll says "prefer", not just what we think will happen. That makes it a tough choice, but I'll always go with winning over losing.

MadScientist
12-23-2023, 01:04 AM
Win the next three, squeak into the playoffs and then get spanked by giving up 579 yards to a good team to get Barry canned.

sharpe1027
12-23-2023, 06:17 AM
I have a very clear memory of people getting all excited about the Packers losing and securing the #2 overall pick back in the late 80s. The result, Tony Steroids.

With this young team, playing well and learning to win is the most important thing.

Fosco33
12-23-2023, 08:34 AM
You must be on more mushrooms than Mario. You know the D will give it up at some point.

Now you’re talking!

I can’t support a tank approach until the math says it’s over. We beat the Lions and Chiefs - so why not? Eagles and Cowboys don’t scare me. If one of them can beat the 9ers it’s not insane…

Fosco33
12-23-2023, 08:36 AM
Yeah, flawed poll. There's strong chance of winning all three and Barry still fired. That's certainly what SHOULD happen.

We go all the way and win the Super Bowl, and maybe keep Barry. Otherwise, dump him.

I see the poll says "prefer", not just what we think will happen. That makes it a tough choice, but I'll always go with winning over losing.

Tex is on the boomers too. Nice

CaptainKickass
12-23-2023, 12:03 PM
I'd prefer the Pack to win out AND not extend/renew Barry's contract, but that isn't a poll option.

MadtownPacker
12-23-2023, 12:25 PM
Now you’re talking!

I can’t support a tank approach until the math says it’s over. We beat the Lions and Chiefs - so why not? Eagles and Cowboys don’t scare me. If one of them can beat the 9ers it’s not insane…
But youre scurred of SF!! No stripes in having someone else do the dirty work. I myself want to see that matchup but not this season because Pack isnt ready for it.

Joemailman
12-23-2023, 12:39 PM
The last 4 weeks, beating the Lions and Chiefs, and losing to the Giants and Bucs, should convince people that the Packers can beat anyone, and lose to anyone.

Joemailman
12-23-2023, 12:41 PM
I'd prefer the Pack to win out AND not extend/renew Barry's contract, but that isn't a poll option.

That's what probably 90% of Packer fans want.

texaspackerbacker
12-23-2023, 01:30 PM
This poll is just Bretsky's way of back dooring it to his shameful embrace the tank thing - sweetening the pot with damn Barry, and sure enough, he's got 10 to 1 takers - Barry is THAT bad.

King Friday
12-23-2023, 04:24 PM
Whatever is needed to get rid of Barry has to occur. The Packers will never win a title with him as DC.

RashanGary
12-23-2023, 05:35 PM
This poll is just Bretsky's way of back dooring it to his shameful embrace the tank thing - sweetening the pot with damn Barry, and sure enough, he's got 10 to 1 takers - Barry is THAT bad.

Shameful :lol:

Lighten up old timer! It’s just a kids game!!

MadtownPacker
12-23-2023, 06:43 PM
Exactly, fuck that guy! Con artist salesman most likely :lol:.

Tex we need you to finish the season man. You gonna start the game thread tomorrow? Imagine the bragging you get to do if Pack wins out and goes to the playoffs. Will get you in the PackerRats HOF without a doubt. Also diplomatic immunity like Bobble motioned for. :lol:

MadtownPacker
12-23-2023, 06:45 PM

Spare the children!!! Man people get killed over games so why do we have to be civilized.:smack:

texaspackerbacker
12-23-2023, 07:36 PM

Tex we need you to finish the season man. You gonna start the game thread tomorrow? Imagine the bragging you get to do if Pack wins out and goes to the playoffs. Will get you in the PackerRats HOF without a doubt. Also diplomatic immunity like Bobble motioned for. :lol:

Good thing I saw this now. I have never given a shit about gameday threads, but since you asked me, yes I will. I may start it after midnight tonight so I don't forget in the morning (there's this malicious rumor that I'm old, ya know).

texaspackerbacker
12-23-2023, 07:40 PM

Just joking. I like Bretsky (unlike some in here). The shameful thing isn't him; It's the embracing the tank thing hahahaha.

MadtownPacker
12-23-2023, 08:07 PM
Good thing I saw this now. I have never given a shit about gameday threads, but since you asked me, yes I will. I may start it after midnight tonight so I don't forget in the morning (there's this malicious rumor that I'm old, ya know).
However you work your magic man. Just include “official” on the title is the only requirement. Thanks for playing.

Bretsky
12-23-2023, 08:22 PM

One of the 2 primary goals of ETT was down with Barry; we aren't getting Marvelous Marvin so the other goal is already gone :)

About 84% of the 1500 fans from the ESPN Poll agree with the majority in here

Bretsky
12-23-2023, 08:24 PM
As always the poll is more tainted than your mouth after licking the pole residue off a stripper. To vote I need to see LOSE NEXT TWO THEN END WITH WIN VS BEARS.

My polls are not sugar coated; they are means to be challenging calls Mad. Losing to the Bears to sacrifice Barry at least adds debate

Bretsky
12-23-2023, 08:26 PM

Every good poll is a flawed one Tex; and does your age not allow you to remember last year's defensive resurgence. SO MANY thought Barry was done but it game Flower a chance to keep him.

Bretsky
12-23-2023, 08:28 PM

LOL; I'm a mortgage lender; wait...does that make you right ? :))

sharpe1027
12-23-2023, 09:34 PM
I still say the kids gaining confidence and learning how to win is the most important thing.

RashanGary
12-24-2023, 05:58 AM
I still say the kids gaining confidence and learning how to win is the most important thing.

The young players who are going to be here playing well and getting better is the most important.

Losing because of reasons that will no longer be with us while that happens is ideal.

sharpe1027
12-24-2023, 07:58 AM
The young players who are going to be here playing well and getting better is the most important.

Losing because of reasons that will no longer be with us while that happens is ideal.

Ideal that we lose games? No. What's ideal is winning and having a head coach with the balls to make the right decisions.

MadtownPacker
12-24-2023, 09:21 AM
LOL; I'm a mortgage lender; wait...does that make you right ? :))
That’s why your polls have that “just sign right here” dreadful feeling when choosing.

Bretsky
12-24-2023, 02:32 PM
That’s why your polls have that “just sign right here” dreadful feeling when choosing.

Polls are supposed to be painful; no sugarcoating and/or easy answers :)''

If I get Tex to complain about a poll because he's in between and wants to mark two answer's, I"ve did my job :)