PDA

View Full Version : Packers @ Panthers - Nice Winners & Naughty Loser

MadtownPacker
12-25-2023, 09:48 AM
Wishing all Merry Christmas or whatever it is you do this time of year. A lot of action in a close win that should never have been close. Nothing happened to change anyone’s mind. Barry still needs to be fired. Love is the guy. But I am starting to have doubts about Matt “Pepe” LaFleur. This team is trending upwards so we need the right captain at the helm. Hopefully we aren’t making him walk the plank next year.

Winners

Jordan Love - Was aiming a little high to start and that contributed to Wicks injury. Outside of that he made his throws and had only one bad sack I can recall. If 219yds and 2TDs is a slow day for him I’ll take it. When the time came at the end he didn’t flinch and that’s when it counts most.

Dillon - Probably need to make “Let the bodies drop” his theme song. Getting the yards needed is coming at the cost of defenders being taken out. Might be time to start running him right at top defenders intentionally. He is showing he is part of the future puzzle. Nice he got that goal line TD we have been yelling all season for.

Wicks - Only two catches but damn held on to that TD while cracking a rib or whatever it was that got him. He always plays tough. Currently my fav WR and likely your too.

Jones - Seemed like he was almost 100%. 127 yards and somehow the game was still close.

Kraft - Youngster learned to protect his nuts after last week. When he hurdled a Panthers defender he kept his legs to the side. :lol: I like the effort but would rather he stays on the ground. His role on offense increases weekly so no reason to expose to injury. Especially the family jewels!

Losers:

Dead man walking - Time to Bury him. Joe has to go and yesterday has to put pressure on Matt LePew.

The defense - Seemed like all just sucked all around. Let some mini rookie QB embarrass them with laser accuracy. Too bad he won’t last cuz damn he throws a nice pass.

The refs - I just hate them.

Vincenzo
12-25-2023, 11:04 AM
Our best win of the season was Turkey Day in Detroit and then we followed it up with a win at Lambeau vs the Chiefs.
It’s inexplicable how we fell off the cliff after that versus teams that were supposed to be beatable - Giants, Bucs and then that shit-show yesterday.

This organization needs to stop worrying about hurting coaches feelings. In many respects a loss yesterday wouldn’t have been all that bad after all, it would have been a cast Iron certainty that Joe Barely would have been gonzo!

Fritz
12-25-2023, 01:31 PM
Oh, it's explicable, Vincenzo, in two words: Joe Barely.

And I think it's certain now that JB is gone after the season. Everything else in the meantime is just Pepe LePew providing Joe some cover so he can limp through the end of the season, and then get canned.

bobblehead
12-25-2023, 01:47 PM
Merry Christmas all. Joe Barry is still employed by us. I didn't fill my entire Christmas wish list.

Man Jones is elite between the 20s, but I am so sick of shotgun from the 2 and handing it to Jones. Just power I the fuck out of it with Dillon and run an occasional play action.

Kraft and Musgrave are going to be the riddle for a decade.

And as I said somewhere, if Love's emergence is an illusion, fuck....I'll never believe my eyes again if he ends up flopping somehow.

red
12-25-2023, 04:08 PM
Merry Christmas all. Joe Barry is still employed by us. I didn't fill my entire Christmas wish list.

Man Jones is elite between the 20s, but I am so sick of shotgun from the 2 and handing it to Jones. Just power I the fuck out of it with Dillon and run an occasional play action.

Kraft and Musgrave are going to be the riddle for a decade.

And as I said somewhere, if Love's emergence is an illusion, fuck....I'll never believe my eyes again if he ends up flopping somehow.

i hate the run up the middle on short yardage out of the shotgun too

just seems dumb to me

Rastak
12-25-2023, 04:40 PM
Merry Christmas Rats!

George Cumby
12-25-2023, 04:54 PM
Merry Christmas all.

Running Dillon from the shotgun is brain-dead. Let him get a head of steam before he takes the ball.

Joemailman
12-25-2023, 05:06 PM

Don't give up. Today is but the first day of Christmas.

run pMc
12-25-2023, 06:58 PM
i hate the run up the middle on short yardage out of the shotgun too

just seems dumb to me

Same. For one thing, it fools nobody. For another, I think Dillon would be more effective getting a head of steam before getting the handoff and just plowing ahead with all that momentum.
the meshpoint of the handoff is different from shotgun vs. under center. Some backs can do that just fine, I don't think Dillon is one of them.

They don't really have a good FB on the roster. Deguara isn't it, and neither is Pearson from what I saw of him earlier this year. Maybe Peaarson figures it out, but I think they will find some R7 or UDFA guy who is crazy enough to be a hammer at FB, and has decent enough hands to be an occasional safety valve. The TEs shouldn't do this, they need a real FB in this offense. That would really help them run between the tackles and at the goal line.

I'm skeptical Dillon is "part of the future puzzle". He has neither great vision nor great feet, both of which are traits needed to excel at RB. He's fine in a RBBC arrangement as RB2/RB3, but as a FA after this year, I'd welcome him back only on a short-term contract a bit above the vet minimum. He's not explosive and he's not a playmaker. He's solid and dependable, so there's that, but he's not worth more than something like 2y/$3M, and you still need to sort out Jones' contract and health. Better off going young, pick a couple of RBs in the draft and hope you get lucky.

Speaking of Jones, he had a fairly good game. Nice to see they gave him the ball after the 1Q.

KYPack
12-25-2023, 09:35 PM
Jordan Love is becoming a special guy. He's had outages in his play, but he's busted his ass to correct em.

Aaron Jones was a triple stud in the game, as he broke a team cherry. His yardage total made him the first Packer WR or RB to go over 100 yards in a game.

In dud land: 5 players gave up a play of 20 yards or a TD. Alexander, Stokes, Nixon, Johnson Jr, and McDuffie. This secondary had the second worst coverage ratio of the season. The worst was the Buccaneer game. Stokes appeared unusually incompetant in this game.

Fritz
12-26-2023, 09:12 AM
When Jones does play, he reminds us how important a dynamic running back is to an offense. I think they've got to bring him back next year, then draft his replacement this coming offseason.

Love impressed me. With all the talk about the porous defense, we haven't said much about the fact Love led the team to the game-winning field goal, and "Shaky" Carlson nailed it.

ThunderDan
12-26-2023, 09:26 AM
I was going to put Carlson on the Nice List for making the game winning FG and a 53 yarder. Then I remembered he missed an extra point.

Still, he manned up when he was needed to seal the game.