PDA

View Full Version : Divisions you give No Fux about.

George Cumby
01-05-2024, 01:45 PM
For the life of me, I cannot find a fuck to give about the NFC South or the AFC South. At times, I can't even remember which teams comprise them. Granted, it may be creeping dementia or mini-strokes, but even when I can remember the teams, I JUST. DON'T. CARE.

I don't know if it's because they are a lot of expansion teams, the team colors or what, but neither Division is compelling in the least, to me. In contrast, I love watching an AFCN matchup or NFCW or NFCN, for obvious reasons. Hell, even the over-broadcast NFCE is almost always worth a watch.

Is this phenomenon anything anyone else shares?

run pMc
01-05-2024, 02:03 PM
Usually takes me a minute to remember every team in the NFCS, as for the AFCS, I usually forget they exist, and then wonder at how Indy is in that division. I think that's the junk drawer of football divisions: IND, TEN, HOU, JAX. bleh.

Mostly I care about GB and the NFCN, then the NFC, and then the AFC in general. The South divisions aren't especially interesting.

Fritz
01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Spot on there. How Indy is in the “south” is also beyond me. But then again, Dallas is . . . In the East??

Hope they don’t use the NFL to teach geography.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2024, 08:33 PM
I only have interest in the AFC West due to regional impact. The raiders have a huge following in CA as you would imagine. No one cares about the chargers. Don’t care at all about any other unless Packers play that div. Just like I take a special interest in the NFCW due to niners, rams, seahawks, not really cards. But unlike TexasPackerBacker, who embraces and even roots for regional teams like the cowboys because “mediapukes” :lol: tell him they are “America’s team”, I am good with NFCW losing all their games and splitting ties with their div opponents.

Vincenzo
01-06-2024, 01:53 AM
It’s all about our NFC North - I swear we’d cheer the Lions if they ever made it to the Super Bowl.

The only AFC division I give a fux about is the AFC North with the Steelers, Bungles, Browns and Ravens.
All rest, who gives a fux.

RashanGary
01-06-2024, 06:05 PM
I’m mostly pay attn to NFCN
49ers and Seahawks make NFCW interesting
My son is a giants fan so I follow nfce
My stepdad is a dolphins fan so I follow AFCE

The rest I don’t pay much attention too.

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2024, 10:42 PM
I only have interest in the AFC West due to regional impact. The raiders have a huge following in CA as you would imagine. No one cares about the chargers. Don’t care at all about any other unless Packers play that div. Just like I take a special interest in the NFCW due to niners, rams, seahawks, not really cards. But unlike TexasPackerBacker, who embraces and even roots for regional teams like the cowboys because “mediapukes” :lol: tell him they are “America’s team”, I am good with NFCW losing all their games and splitting ties with their div opponents.

I'm surprised you don't remember the story I told a long time ago about how I became a Cowboy fan, secondarily of course. It goes back to the NFL/AFL wars when the NFL put their expansion team in Dallas in direct competition with the Dallas Texans - owned by AFL bigwig Lamar Hunt with his tons of oil money. Like most Packer fans, I hated the AFL with a passion. I rooted for the Cowboys to succeed and the Texans to fail - which they did to some extent, leaving Dallas and becoming the KC Chiefs. Rooting for them got to be a habit, I guess. That, and I sorta respected them after the Packers beat them to get to the first two Super Bowls. That was almost a decade or so before I came (involuntarily thanks to the army) to Texas.