PDA

View Full Version : Gado

b bulldog
09-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Samkon ran the ball three times today for 36 yards. Hope all goes great for him and he sticks in the league for a while.

The Leaper
09-17-2006, 04:12 PM
I think that will be one of the rare trades that really helps both teams. Gado was clueless in a zone blocking scheme...he'll do OK in Houston. Morency looks to have great burst based on his one kickoff return. If he cuts well, he'll be a solid fit in our scheme.

woodbuck27
09-17-2006, 04:16 PM
I think that will be one of the rare trades that really helps both teams. Gado was clueless in a zone blocking scheme...he'll do OK in Houston. Morency looks to have great burst based on his one kickoff return. If he cuts well, he'll be a solid fit in our scheme.

Houston also has the ZBS.

ND72
09-17-2006, 04:28 PM
all 3 of his runs came on non zone plays (thank you nfl network).

SD GB fan
09-17-2006, 04:28 PM
houston will use ZBS more than other teams but not as much as denver, falcons, packers i think

Kiwon
09-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Best wishes for Samkon. He has a golden chance at Houston to take the next step and become an established player in the NFL. God bless him.

BallHawk
09-17-2006, 06:04 PM
I love the kids attitude and his positivity, but I really don't see him becoming a succesful starter in this league. He has the brains, just not the skills. He is a servicable backup, but not a starter.

The Leaper
09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Houston runs a version of the ZBS, but with Sherman as the "key offensive consultant" there is no way that team is going to run a pure ZBS. I would venture to guess that the Texans may implement parts of Sherman's power run attack in short yardage...and that may be where they feel Gado can help them.

Unless your OC and OL coaches are hard schooled in the ZBS, you won't be running a pure ZBS. Sherman has no experience in the ZBS...and he's the main offensive braintrust behind Kubiak.

The Leaper
09-17-2006, 06:22 PM
I love the kids attitude and his positivity, but I really don't see him becoming a succesful starter in this league. He has the brains, just not the skills. He is a servicable backup, but not a starter.

I agree. I doubt either of the players in this trade are anything more than specialty players...third down or short yardage type packages. People claiming the world is ending because we dumped Gado are crazy. He was a nice story in an otherwise miserable year...otherwise, none of us would mind his departure.

jack's smirking revenge
09-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Agree 100%.

tyler

Harlan Huckleby
09-17-2006, 09:59 PM

Agree 100%.

tyler

Jeez, you tight asses. He was successful last season. He was successful today.

Well, probally I don't disagree THAT much with you. He's not going to be a starter that any team will be excited about. But he is good enough for a team to win with him as a starter.

BF4MVP
09-17-2006, 11:00 PM
I think Samkon will have to hold off on med school for awhile. He's gonna stick in the league for a few years.

mmmdk
09-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Yeah, Samkon is a winner but not Packer people I guess!?