George Cumby
01-07-2024, 06:08 PM
Another long list, today.

Stud:

Jordan Fucking Love. Baller. 27/32 308 2-0 128.6

ThunderDan
01-07-2024, 06:29 PM
A Jones - Stud

If he had run for 9 more yards, he would have been the 1st GB RB with 3 straight games running for 120 yards or more.

Joemailman
01-07-2024, 06:30 PM
Karl Brooks - What a steal in the 6th round.

Teamcheez1
01-07-2024, 07:02 PM
Studs all over the place.

Duds:
Special teams - not great on kick coverage and a missed FG
Quay Walker - never seems to make a play
Clock management - get out of bounds, kick the FG instead of trying for 5 more yards

Sparkey
01-07-2024, 07:10 PM
Duds: Da Bears. No more need be said.

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 07:14 PM

Yep

MadtownPacker
01-07-2024, 07:33 PM
Stud - Fields. He was everything I hoped for and more. :lol:

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Jayden Reed had 64 catches 793 receiving yards and 8 total touchdowns this year. That’s a good starting point.
Dontayvion Wicks 39 catches 581 yards and 4 Tuds

Watson is a pretty good player with some wow factor and Doubs has to be the best 4th receiver in the league.

Kraft and Musgrave look like players

Jlove gonna be mvp next year!

George Cumby
01-07-2024, 08:12 PM

Hahahahahaha.

He's a physical talent, but, I think Rashan/Justin called it, he's dumb as a post.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2024, 08:47 PM
Jayden Reed had 64 catches 793 receiving yards and 8 total touchdowns this year. That’s a good starting point.
Dontayvion Wicks 39 catches 581 yards and 4 Tuds

Watson is a pretty good player with some wow factor and Doubs has to be the best 4th receiver in the league.

Kraft and Musgrave look like players

Jlove gonna be mvp next year!Crazy how Doubs became low man on the totem pole so quickly.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2024, 08:47 PM
Hahahahahaha.

He's a physical talent, but, I think Rashan/Justin called it, he's dumb as a post.I don’t know man there are some very stupid post on here…..

woodbuck27
01-07-2024, 08:49 PM
Duds: Da Bears. No more need be said.

Some things never really change.

run pMc
01-07-2024, 08:58 PM
To be fair to Fields, his OL didn't help him much, and outside of Moore his receivers are kind of junky. (Mooney was out)
That said, I think it's obvious he's not an elite starting QB. Elite in fantasy football perhaps, but not in the real game. Maybe you can trade him to a team with a better culture and they rehab him as a project, but I have serious doubts he will be much more than a better version of Marcus Mariota. Look for ATL to give up a R2 for him. IDK, maybe with an offense better suited to his skills you can win 9 games, but the Bears ain't it.

Interesting box score reading on this game. The Bears had something like 40 plays if you remove FG and punts yet only trailed TOP by about 3 minutes. They had 6 possessions, GB had 7. That is a quick game. Seems like both teams were able to move the ball on each defense, but I felt that GB outplayed them and were the better team.

Also - the reddit ChiBears is pretty hilarious right now with some drunk, angry, or depressed posters.

bobblehead
01-07-2024, 08:59 PM
Aaron MotherFucking Jones. 'nuff said. I'm going back to drinking now.

George Cumby
01-07-2024, 09:03 PM
Also - the reddit ChiBears is pretty hilarious right now with some drunk, angry, or depressed posters.

That sub is a fucking riot rn. I still need to go to the Vikings sub and taste their tears, as well.

run pMc
01-07-2024, 09:04 PM

This year's draft class has been a revelation. Brooks with 3 sacks, LVN has 3 sacks, per pro football reference. Valentine looks like a serviceable player. Wooden is the odd one out but might be ok.
Rashan Gary had 2 sacks his rookie season, so did Mike Daniels.

Musgrave, Reed, Kraft, Wicks -- all look like keepers, and they might have something with Melton. Basically they got contributions from everyone except Lew Nichols, which should mean good things for their development and future.

texaspackerbacker
01-07-2024, 11:04 PM

Is that sarcasm? He actually is good. As years go by, I could see Love and Fields as the top two QBs or close to it in the league.

texaspackerbacker
01-07-2024, 11:06 PM
This year's draft class has been a revelation. Brooks with 3 sacks, LVN has 3 sacks, per pro football reference. Valentine looks like a serviceable player. Wooden is the odd one out but might be ok.

Musgrave, Reed, Kraft, Wicks -- all look like keepers, and they might have something with Melton. Basically they got contributions from everyone except Lew Nichols, which should mean good things for their development and future.

Gutekunst is looking like the top stud, maybe the top GM this side of Jerry Jones and son.

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 11:08 PM
Is that sarcasm? He actually is good. As years go by, I could see Love and Fields as the top two QBs or close to it in the league.

No Tex. No. He’s not good. I’ve watched several Bears games. He’s an elite passer and an elite runner for the position, but he has a 2 cent brain. He can’t play QB.

He rarely misses passes. When he throws it, it goes exactly where he wants it. But he can’t process the game. He’s always standing there confused. That doesn’t work.

texaspackerbacker
01-07-2024, 11:12 PM
The only true Dud I can think of is Carlson. Good kickers aren't that hard to find. I HOPE we find a better one by next season. It wasn't just the missed FG - in contrast to the made FGs by the Bears guy. It also was the lame-assed kickoffs that gave the Bears too good field position.

As was said, studs too numerous to mention. Special mention to RG - if in fact he is truth-telling - that he was the one who started the BEARS STILL SUCK chant. Actually, though, they didn't suck near as bad as usual.

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 11:14 PM
The Bears looked so sad and defeated at the end. It was wonderful. And this is horrible, but I was happy when Justin fields head bounced off the grass. I’m going to hell.

texaspackerbacker
01-07-2024, 11:15 PM
No Tex. No. He’s not good. I’ve watched several Bears games. He’s an elite passer and an elite runner for the position, but he has a 2 cent brain. He can’t play QB.

He rarely misses passes. When he throws it, it goes exactly where he wants it. But he can’t process the game. He’s always standing there confused. That doesn’t work.

Maybe. I can agree, he isn't Aaron Rodgers and now Jordan Love that way (practically nobody is), but I don't see him as that bad either. To the extent that he is, blame his coaches and the lack of talent around him.

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 11:37 PM
I just asked my son if he thought I started it because I started right when we got the first down and could kneel. My son says, you know what, I think you did start it. So I’m a stud!!

QBME
01-08-2024, 12:20 AM

Living in the Flatland, I’ve watched every Bears game. While a bit harsh, your evaluation is pretty spot on. All the talking heads down here are pretty much aligned. Even though he’s played well the past five games, today’s game was a stinker. He’s toast in Chicago.

MadScientist
01-08-2024, 02:02 AM
So the Bears are going to ditch Fields and ruin another first round QB pick. Works for me.

Fritz
01-08-2024, 06:51 AM

Wooden even had a couple of nice plays today, and one last week, I think. So maybe his arrow is pointing up, as mine is after this massive victory.

And how glorious it was to be there for the game. I loved it. Nothing like it. There with an old, good friend.

Bear fans are all nice enough, at least the ones I saw.

But the Bears still suck.

The offensive line was a stud today. Yeoman's work there.

And you've got to give Barry credit, whether you want him gone after the season or not (I still want him gone). That defense suffocated the Bears, and though they are no powerhouse offense, that was the same defense that made Tommy Cutlets look like an All Pro.

I really wonder if the coach trusts Carlson. How else to explain, with only eleven seconds left in the half, why you think you need to get five more yards before you let Carlson take another shot? They were well within an NFL-caliber field goal kicker's range. That mistake could've easily bitten them in the ass. If you insist on running one more play, don't you throw into the end zone if it's there, and throw it away and kick the FG if it's not? That seemed a dumb call.

I love watching Aaron Jones run. I do. His vision is just so damn good.

And I really like Preston Smith. He's not flashy, but he sets the edge, and makes plays against both the run and the pass. He's a professional.

I am wondering, if Isiah McDuffie gets through the concussion protocol, if Barely will start him ahead of Devondre Campbell, or if Campbell's experience gives him the nod. I kinda feel bad for Campbell. He seems like a good guy, but it gets clearer each game that he's just a shell of his former self.

Special teams was pretty poor on kickoff coverage. And Carlson's kicks were shorter than the Bears' kickers kickoffs. I am souring on Carlson. And starting to sour on Bisaccia.

Sparkey
01-08-2024, 08:22 AM
I just asked my son if he thought I started it because I started right when we got the first down and could kneel. My son says, you know what, I think you did start it. So I’m a stud!!

Don't hurt that shoulder RG. :jig: :razz:

Oh, and Good Job! :-D

BrokenArrow
01-08-2024, 08:37 AM
Actually, though, they didn't suck near as bad as usual.

PFFT. They have a reputation that's mostly based on luck.

run pMc
01-08-2024, 02:26 PM
Living in the Flatland, I’ve watched every Bears game. While a bit harsh, your evaluation is pretty spot on. All the talking heads down here are pretty much aligned. Even though he’s played well the past five games, today’s game was a stinker. He’s toast in Chicago.

Yeah I think Fields has all the physical tools and talent you could want, but he's a slow processer. At OSU he had a good OL and receivers, which helped him out as well as the level of competition. In the pros everything is faster, and the schemes are more complex.
I do think his processing improved this season, but it's still on the slow side. I don't think he gets thru his reads fast enough. You could help him out schematically but I don't Getsy went far enough there, plus they were lacking talent outside of DJ Moore and Cole Kmet for most of the season.

He's Vince Young ish.

bobblehead
01-08-2024, 02:40 PM

You are amazing.

*sarcasm sheldon. I know you struggle with it.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2024, 02:44 PM
Does that mean you disagree? As usual, you piss and moan without actually taking a position.

bobblehead
01-08-2024, 03:04 PM
Does that mean you disagree? As usual, you piss and moan without actually taking a position.

My position was clear to everyone except you.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2024, 03:06 PM
You're a pompous shithead who doesn't have the balls to come out and say much of anything.

George Cumby
01-08-2024, 03:22 PM
Fields top two in the league?

ROFLMAO.

Holy shit. The lack of perspicacity is awe-inspiring.

run pMc
01-08-2024, 03:48 PM
The Bears looked so sad and defeated at the end. It was wonderful. And this is horrible, but I was happy when Justin fields head bounced off the grass. I’m going to hell.

I wouldn't cheer for an injury.
Admit it - it's much much more satisfying to say we beat Justin Fields than Nate Peterman.

Twitter continues to be an amazing place today.

Also - agree with the posters re: how the DJ Moore catch was a catch but the Melton TD wasn't.
And that 4th down spot... ugh.
Bears fans can complain about the non-roughing call, but they got plenty of favorable calls that game. You could sell me that the Rashan offsides call was iffy too - replay shows the LT was moving.

IDK what Justin Fields is top two in league in, other than maybe QB rushing yards. It sure isn't in any meaningful QB stat.

smuggler
01-08-2024, 03:55 PM
Just look at the pass attempts in a crucial game for his future. The Bears do not trust Fields to throw the football. That tells you everything you need to know about him. He's talented, but they need to move on.

RashanGary
01-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Don't hurt that shoulder RG. :jig: :razz:

Oh, and Good Job! :-D

Haha :lol:

You know what, I’ve taken a lot of lumps in this life of mine. God damn it, if I do something as impactful on the world as rubbing the Bears noses in the stinker they layed in our living room, and amping up the rivalry…. You know what, I’m taking it. That’s my crowning achievement. That’s my high point in life. Please let me have that.

And I just want to say, I was watching the clock and situation and I was ready with the chant as soon as we hit that first down, it was on!!

George Cumby
01-08-2024, 09:12 PM
Duds:

Officials. Holy shit, that was pretty bad.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 09:24 AM
I’ve never seen an ILB do this. This is first round pick from a couple years ago, Teven Jenkins

https://x.com/andyhermannfl/status/1744499538050572607?s=46&t=nQImf8h3Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

run pMc
01-09-2024, 01:19 PM
I’ve never seen an ILB do this. This is first round pick from a couple years ago, Teven Jenkins

https://x.com/andyhermannfl/status/1744499538050572607?s=46&t=nQImf8h3Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

I believe it was Karl Brooks (or was it Wyatt?) who schooled Jenkins on his sack as well. Jenkins is supposed to be a pretty good OG, but I didn't think he was that great Sunday.
Somewhat unusual way to shed a block attempt, but leverage clearly won out there - Quay got lower and dished out some pain. LOL love to see it vs. the Bears.

Quay seems to be better attacking or chasing sideline to sideline vs. dropping into a zone. Like to see the aggression.

run pMc
01-09-2024, 01:22 PM
Duds:

Officials. Holy shit, that was pretty bad.

Yes, yes the refs were bad. Numerous calls both ways - but moreso favoring the Bears IMO - in that game.

Never forget: refs are part-timers who just work weekends for the NFL. It's not their full time job; a lot of them are attorneys, entrepreneurs, or IT pros.

texaspackerbacker
01-09-2024, 02:06 PM
I hate officials as much or more than anybody, but I'll say this, the NFL is nowhere near as bad as the NBA or college basketball. In those, there really are trends of bias. In the NFL, it's just an occasional blunder.