Bo Melton - 5 catches, 62 yards

Wicks - 6 catches, 61 yards, 2 TD

Karl Brooks and Enagbare with 2 TFL each

Defense with 5 sacks.

Discuss.

red
01-07-2024, 06:10 PM
great win for such a young team

i think they said early in the game that we would be the youngest team ever to make the playoffs

Joemailman
01-07-2024, 06:13 PM
I haven't been this nervous during a game for a long time.

Seems strange they only scored 17 points with all the great offensive performances.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2024, 06:14 PM
The NFL certainly wants Stafford-Pussies, Packers-McCarthy next week.

George Cumby
01-07-2024, 06:16 PM
I haven't been this nervous during a game for a long time.

Seems strange they only scored 17 points with all the great offensive performances.

Same.

This was one of those games where if a team hangs around for long enough, they can win on a freak play of some kind.

Packers very easily could have had 14 more points on the board if not for a great pass break up by the CHI db and if Melton moved that ball a hair less.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2024, 06:17 PM
The NFL certainly wants Stafford-Pussies, Packers-McCarthy next week.

And so it is.

ThunderDan
01-07-2024, 06:25 PM
No punts today.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2024, 06:29 PM
No punts today.

Bobble knew that - that there would be zero punts - so he took the over.

Good thing I ain’t a gambler like Bobble.

run pMc
01-07-2024, 06:49 PM
Same.

This was one of those games where if a team hangs around for long enough, they can win on a freak play of some kind.

Packers very easily could have had 14 more points on the board if not for a great pass break up by the CHI db and if Melton moved that ball a hair less.

Yeah the Bears hung around a lot longer than they should have. Give them credit for being a tough out - I think they will be on the rise as well, and we could have a real rivalry with them once again.
I thought the refs called a weird game. Reviews and calls did not go GBs way often.

Justin Fields and Co. didn't run wild, and DJ Moore didn't go off for crazy yardage either. Seems like they had Valentine on him quite a bit, which should have been a mismatch. The pass rush got to Fields -- seemed like Preston, Brooks, and others were bothering him while also providing some level of contain on him and rushing his mental clock. Flowers for Barry for actually calling some aggressive plays and containing an offense who put up 27 or more points in 3 of their previous 4 games. That said, the defense still has weaknesses and I don't trust them. Even on that 3rd and 22 late in the game I was nervous. Nice end to his tenure here, but it should be enough to keep him. (PLEASE DON'T KEEP HIM)

Lots of stars on the offense today - Jones, Reed, Wicks, etc. OL held up pretty well against an improving front. 1 sack on Love and his jersey looked pretty clean today.
Speaking of Jordan Love, his star is certainly rising. Completing just over 84% of your passes and not throwing a pick against a team that's been very ballhawking lately - on over 30 attempts - is really astonishing. If he plays like this going forward, they are a threat to win any game.

George Cumby
01-07-2024, 07:21 PM
Barry was dialing up some blitzes today. He knew Fields isn't good enough reading a D to check out of it.

George Cumby
01-07-2024, 08:34 PM
From the Bears subReddit; comedy Gold:

"My hot take: Jordan Love isn't as good as people think. His offensive line just gives him a million fucking years to throw."

"It’s not a hot take. Well blocked for and coached. Got 4 full seasons to memorize a playbook. I would not be surprised to see a Mac Jones 2nd year slump"

LOL. The delusion is breath-taking.

Joemailman
01-07-2024, 08:53 PM
Packers will play 3:30 Sunday.

run pMc
01-07-2024, 09:17 PM
I don't think GB has much of a chance on the road vs. Dallas, but I'm just enjoying the win, especially since it's vs. the Bears.

LOL at Mac Jones 2nd year slump.
It's entirely possible Jordan Love is having a career year, but I doubt it. Jordan Love is surrounded by better talent, and is in a scheme that he has shown he can perform well in. His decision making and arm talent are better than Jones. His OL, his receivers, etc. are better. I'd take MLF over Bill O'Brien for an OC any day. Mac Jones did well with Josh McDaniels, and sucked when he left, so there's that. I suspect talent and coaching have caused Mac Jones to turn into a garbage QB; I don't think GB will make those mistakes with Jordan Love.

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 09:22 PM
We do have a chance against Dallas. They rush the passer well, but when our line is on, they’re pretty good. We have a shot.

Fosco33
01-07-2024, 09:28 PM
Man it must suck to be a bears fan.

red
01-07-2024, 09:28 PM
we're playing with house money at this point IMO

i went into this season with zero expectations other then to see some improvement over the course of the season from love and some of the other young guys

in no way was i expecting a playoff team and an MVP caliber QB, with a shit ton of young exciting rookie playmakers

who knows if we can win next week, but this season has already been an incredible success in my book

Bretsky
01-07-2024, 09:35 PM
We do have a chance against Dallas. They rush the passer well, but when our line is on, they’re pretty good. We have a shot.

O.A.D.

George Cumby
01-07-2024, 09:42 PM
Man it must suck to be a bears fan.

The Bears and Vikings subReddits are a delicious firehose of Schadenfreude, rn.

red
01-07-2024, 09:45 PM
The Bears and Vikings subReddits are a delicious firehose of Schadenfreude, rn.

gotta suck being a bears fan and knowing that we have found our 3rd straight QB that is better then any bear QB in history

George Cumby
01-07-2024, 09:58 PM
gotta suck being a bears fan and knowing that we have found our 3rd straight QB that is better then any bear QB in history

LOL. Yes. And they are acutely aware of it.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-07-2024, 10:01 PM

Fuck! I was hoping for a Saturday game.

If the Packers lose - and there’s a high probability they will lose - I will be too bummed to flip burgers and will have to call in yet again.. I am inches away from getting canned.

call_me_ishmael
01-07-2024, 10:08 PM
O.A.D.

? What is OAD?

George Cumby
^One and done.

call_me_ishmael
They're playing with house money. I think they are gonna beat Dallas or maybe lose by like 3 or something. The D matches up well with what Dallas likes to do IMO. Gonna be a high scoring affair.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2024, 10:11 PM
100% agree. Definitely more than a puncher’s chance. Love is already better than Dak. The pressure is all on cowboys to not choke another SB run away. Pack will get to play spoiler in the playoffs which is a welcome change IMO.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2024, 10:13 PM
? What is OAD?
Bretsky when he gets a hardon.

Bretsky
01-07-2024, 10:41 PM
? What is OAD?

It's the other acronym that I've used a few times to describe, our playoff fate if we happen to slip in :)

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 10:54 PM
The defense has looked better with 26 back. Getting Ford off the field has helped a lot.

texaspackerbacker
01-07-2024, 10:55 PM
I read through 15 pages of Gameday and 2 pages of Banjo, and no mention of the chant. That was absolutely fantastic when the crowd on national TV started chanting BEARS STILL SUCK hahahahaha. Actually they sucked a lot less than usual today.

I really like the way LaFleur is running the offense late in the season. And Love, he is getting better and better at reading the D and passing it. The kid seems to really learn from mistakes. Hence, I think he will do a better job of not fumbling from here on.

With just a few exceptions, Barry's D did and exceptional job, but as I said in the other thread, it was the Bears. Still, they are one of the top running teams in the league, and Fields is damn good.

We should have won this game by more. The Packers are gonna have to clean up the mistakes if they are gonna have a chance against the Cowboys.

I just saw RG's post about Ford. He has done a damn good job, and even though Savage was ok today, Ford IMO has greatly outplayed him.

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 10:56 PM
I read through 15 pages of Gameday and 2 pages of Banjo, and no mention of the chant. That was absolutely fantastic when the crowd on national TV started chanting BEARS STILL SUCK hahahahaha. Actually they sucked a lot less than usual today.

I really like the way LaFleur is running the offense late in the season. And Love, he is getting better and better at reading the D and passing it. The kid seems to really learn from mistakes. Hence, I think he will do a better job of not fumbling from here on.

With just a few exceptions, Barry's D did and exceptional job, but as I said in the other thread, it was the Bears. Still, they are one of the top running teams in the league, and Fields is damn good.

We should have won this game by more. The Packers are gonna have to clean up the mistakes if they are gonna have a chance against the Cowboys.

I was there and I feel like I started that chant at the end of the game, I’m serious!! I’m pretty sure I got that going :lol:

RashanGary
01-07-2024, 10:56 PM
As soon as I realize we could kneel down, I started the chant

texaspackerbacker
01-07-2024, 10:57 PM
Then I'll put YOU on the stud list hahahahahaha.

MadScientist
01-08-2024, 01:36 AM

I was a bit surprised that this one didn't go to Peacock to grab the big fan bases of the Packers and the Cowboys. But maybe they are hoping for Tay-Tay to bring in the audience.

CaptainKickass
01-08-2024, 04:32 PM
Just a couple items I didn't see mentioned elsewhere on this site:

Aaron Jones became the first player since (Batman!) Ahman Green in 2006 to rush for 100 or more yards in three straight games

Dontayvion Jaquain Wicks has this really devastating shake n bake move and he used it at least twice

Anti-Polar Bear
01-08-2024, 05:17 PM
Just a couple items I didn't see mentioned elsewhere on this site:

“John” Wicks looks like a poor man’s version of that furious assassin, Tae Adams. Wicks’ lack of handsomeness even resembles that of Adams’. Sure, we all wish we could look as handsome as Ryan Grant, but there ain’t ever been a correlation between looks and game.

Joemailman
01-08-2024, 10:43 PM
Best, worst PFF scores.

Top 5 offense

1. QB Jordan Love: 83.0
2. RG Jon Runyan Jr.: 81.0
3. RB Aaron Jones: 80.4
4. WR Bo Melton: 77.7
5. WR Dontayvion Wicks: 76.6

Love chewed up the Bears from clean pockets, under pressure, against the blitz and off play-action. He was dinged for two turnover worthy plays, but he also completed eight passes of 10 or more yards. Runyan Jr. didn’t give up a pressure and was the team’s highest-graded run blocker over 31 snaps. Jones forced seven missed tackles and had four runs of 10 or more yards, and he created 10 first downs overall. Melton caught five passes for 62 yards on 25 routes run. He had a touchdown reversed on replay. Wicks caught two touchdown passes, two contested catches and averaged 2.26 yards per route run.

Top 5 defense

1. DL Karl Brooks: 89.4
2. LB Quay Walker: 76.1
3. DL Kenny Clark: 75.9
4. CB Jaire Alexander: 74.9
5. DL T.J. Slaton: 71.0

Brooks had three pressures, including a sack, and he finished with two tackles for losses over 17 snaps. Walker missed two tackles but produced three pressures, including a sack, and three stops. Clark led the team with five pressures. Alexander had a run stop and a pass breakup and gave up just one catch in coverage. Slaton added another run stop.

Bottom 5 offense

1. WR Romeo Doubs: 53.6
2. TE Ben Sims: 55.9
3. RB Patrick Taylor: 56.1
4. WR Malik Heath: 56.7
5. RG Sean Rhyan: 61.1

Doubs was unable to make a contested catch for a touchdown, and he left due to injury after 11 snaps. Sims didn’t have a target in the passing game and was only average as a run blocker. Taylor played 11 snaps but didn’t have a carry or a target. Heath was targeted four times and generated nine receiving yards over 10 routes. Rhyan was perfect in pass protection but received poor run blocking grades over his 31 snaps at right guard.

Bottom 5 defense

1. OLB Lukas Van Ness: 44.2
2. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 44.9
3. DL Devonte Wyatt: 50.9
4. CB Carrington Valentine: 54.1
5. CB Keisean Nixon: 62.0

Van Ness had a sack and a run stop, but he earned poor run defense grades over seven run-defending snaps on the edge. Enagbare had a hurry and a tackle for loss but got dinged for allowing a completion in coverage. Wyatt had four pressures, including a sack, but he missed another tackle and was below average against the run. Valentine broke up a pass but was charged with giving up three catches for 32 yards. Nixon allowed one explosive play but was otherwise solid.

Special teams

The Packers didn’t have a penalty on special teams and missed only one tackle (by running back Patrick Taylor). Jonathan Owens, Kristian Welch, Zayne Anderson and Robert Rochell all had tackles covering kickoffs, and Welch earned the top special teams grade overall. In the return game, Jayden Reed made two fair catches and Keisean Nixon returned one kick for 21 yards. Anders Carlson missed a field goal from 41 yards. Daniel Whelan wasn’t needed to punt.

Quarterback

Jordan Love: 83.0

Love completed 24 of 29 passes from clean pockets, 3 of 3 passes under pressure and 5 of 5 passes against the blitz. He had three “big time throws” and two “turnover worthy plays.” On throws over 10 yards, Love was 8-for-11. On throws off play-action, he was 8 of 8 for 148 yards and a touchdown. He got dinged for losing a fumble, and his heave into the end zone late in the first half was nearly intercepted. Love’s 90.3 passing grade was his third highest of the season overall.

Stat to know

Jordan Love was under pressure on just four of 34 dropbacks, or 11.8 percent. Justin Fields was under pressure on 15 of his 24 dropbacks, or 62.5 percent. The final sack total was Packers 5, Bears 1. Winning the pressure battle remains a big piece of the puzzle when it comes to playing winning football.

Bretsky
01-08-2024, 11:24 PM
SOME COOL INSIDE TIDBITS from WILDE and TAUCH and INSIDERS

Before the game was even over, as Love was giving the ball up the Flower was sprinting out to give the Love Machine a big hug. Both felt this team was hands down the Flowers' fave

After the game, Wicks dedicated his season to his ex teammate from last year who was shot and killed...I think on the team bus after a game

Fun celebration to watch for Wilde after the game

call_me_ishmael
01-09-2024, 12:41 AM
The OC deserves some credit for getting the OL performing. They have been pretty good the past 8 weeks or so. He took a lot of heat last year for the stinker after so many great years. Good to see a bounce back.

MadtownPacker
01-09-2024, 09:13 AM
SOME COOL INSIDE TIDBITS from WILDE and TAUCH and INSIDERS

Before the game was even over, as Love was giving the ball up the Flower was sprinting out to give the Love Machine a big hug. Both felt this team was hands down the Flowers' fave

After the game, Wicks dedicated his season to his ex teammate from last year who was shot and killed...I think on the team bus after a game

Fun celebration to watch for Wilde after the game
Getting to the playoffs without savior rodgers would’ve been a big accomplishment on its own. Doing it the first season he’s gone with what was considered a lesser team than last year is even more impressive. If you think about it both of his ex coaches doing pretty decent…

Patler
01-09-2024, 03:44 PM
Don't know why it is locked. I wanted to add this:

Immaturity reigns in the Bears locker room. The players are as bad as the fans:

Chicago Bears safety Jaquan Brisker had some critical thoughts about the Green Bay Packers after Sunday's 17-9 loss at Lambeau Field, and don't think Packers players didn't notice.

“I felt like we could have tightened up on the receivers a lot more than we did today," Brisker told reporters in the locker room afterward, according to Mart Grote, a reporter from The Score radio in Chicago. "We gave them too much room and I really have no respect for them at all, just to be honest.

“No one’s over there. No respect. They have no stars over there. They try to play a little fake tough.”

As Aaron Jones, Preston Smith and others pointed out, it was his job to cover the receivers.

In short, he is insulting himself.

George Cumby
01-09-2024, 03:54 PM
I saw that in the Bears subReddit.

It was about 60:40 "STFU, dude, you just got curb-stomped": "Yeah! That's my GUY!"

run pMc
01-09-2024, 04:58 PM
For a team that has won 10 games total over the last two seasons, the Bears sure do talk a lot.

I liked Brisker as a player coming out of PSU, but seems like he talks better than he plays.
Eberflus isn't a bad defensive coach, after he lost his DC for HR reasons (lol) and took over play calling they got better. Trading for Montez Sweat helps too.

Anyway, he's a sore loser, and any Bears player who wants to talk smack after going 0 for 10 against MLF should really reconsider it.

Even though the score was close, GB played like the better team. Scoreboard aside, the yardage allowed spoke for itself.

Fritz
01-09-2024, 05:21 PM
Seems to me that Brisker was throwing his coaching staff under the bus as well: "I felt like we could have tightened up on the receivers a lot more than we did today."

He's suggesting the Bears' defensive coordinator employed Joe Barely's "D-Backs in Outer Space" defensive alignment.

woodbuck27
01-09-2024, 05:32 PM

As Aaron Jones, Preston Smith and others pointed out, it was his job to cover the receivers.

I saw that in the Bears subReddit.

It was about 60:40 "STFU, dude, you just got curb-stomped": "Yeah! That's my GUY!"

I never understood anyone making an excuse for failure; excusing their failure with emphasis on the pronown' their '. If you fail it'd on you to fix it.

This chap. takes it to another level of ' stupid ' by insulting the quality of the winner.

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 08:43 PM

Preston et al should have said "who? is he a member of the cowboys? Cuz we are playing the cowboys. The bears game is over."

Joemailman
01-09-2024, 10:25 PM
Lotta green.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_LOV130776_2023-REG-18_1704672297957.jpeg

MadtownPacker
01-09-2024, 10:56 PM

Immaturity reigns in the PackerRats locker roomSorry man. It’s open again. Thats probably due to me having to read every single post because a small few can’t just act right. My screen is different and has a thread close checkbox I sometimes hit on accident when scrolling. I have merged your thread with the banjo one.