PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers At Dallas Wild Card Game Discussion Thread

Joemailman
01-08-2024, 08:20 AM
Packer lead all-time series 31-17. 17-13 in regular season, 4-4 in playoffs.

Last meeting: November 13, 2022. Packers defeated the Cowboys 31-28 in overtime at Lambeau. Aaron Rodgers threw for 224 yards and 3 TD's. Christian Watson had 4 catches for 107 yards and 3 TD's. Aaron Jones rushed 24 times for 138 yards and 1 TD. For Dallas, Dak Prescott passed for 265 yards with 3 TD's and 2 INT's. CeeDee Lamb had 11 catches for 150 yards and 2 TD's.

Last meeting in a playoff game: January 15, 2017. Packers defeated Cowboys 34-31 in Dallas. Aaron Rodgers threw for 355 yards with 2 TD's and 1 INT. Jared Cook caught 6 passes for 103 yards and 1 TD. Dak Prescott threw for 302 yards with 3 TD's and 1 INT. Dez Bryant had 9 catches for 132 yards and 2 TD's. Ezekiel Elliott rushed 22 times for 125 yards. Mason Crosby kicked a 51 yard FG for the win as time expired after Packers drove into FG position in last 35 seconds.

Offensively, Cowboys are 1st in points scored and 5th in yards gained. Dak Prescott has thrown for 4516 yards with 35 TD passes and 9 INT's. CeeDee Lamb has caught 135 passes for 1749 yards and 12 TD's. Tony Pollard has rushed for 1005 yards and 6 TD's.

Defensively, Cowboys rank 5th in both points scored and yards allowed Opponents have thrown for 3185 yards with 21 TD's and 17 INT's. DaRon Bland has 9 INT's, 5 of which have been returned for TD's. Cowboys have sacked opposing QB's 46 times, led by Micah Parsons with 14. Opponents have rushed for 1910 yards and 14 TD's, averaging 4.2 YPC.

Cowboys favored by 7.5.
Moneyline: Cowboys -350, Packers +275
Over/under: 49.5

ThunderDan
01-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Packers need to be able to run the ball and shorten the game. We cannot afford to get into a shoot-out with the Cowgirls.

Joemailman
01-08-2024, 08:26 AM
Packers need to be able to run the ball and shorten the game. We cannot afford to get into a shoot-out with the Cowgirls.

Correct. Good news is teams have been able to run some on the Cowboys, and Aaron Jones is on a roll. Would be nice to get Dillon back too.

George Cumby
01-08-2024, 08:45 AM
Puncher's chance.......

..... and Fat Mike is the opposite HC.

call_me_ishmael
01-08-2024, 09:44 AM
Let Jaire man up on what's-his-name and bring the heat the rest of the way. I think the Packers are gonna win.

Tony Oday
01-08-2024, 12:33 PM
If we play zone and don't get pressure we will get destroyed, man up and get pressure and Dak will fold.

Love needs to make the throws and the boys need to make the contested catches. Jones with a 100 yard day will be critical.

George Cumby
01-08-2024, 12:41 PM
If we play zone and don't get pressure we will get destroyed, man up and get pressure and Dak will fold.

Love needs to make the throws and the boys need to make the contested catches. Jones with a 100 yard day will be critical.

This is one of the keys to the game. Dak can be had if you get in his grill early.

Too soon to tell, but my impression is Love handles heat pretty well.

I'm starting to feel some confidence, here.

Joemailman
01-08-2024, 12:51 PM
Last year Jones and Dillon combined had 37 rushes for over 200 yards. Rodgers only threw 20 passes. That's how you beat the Cowboys. Lions nearly pulled it off couple of weeks ago.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2024, 03:04 PM
It's likely gonna be a shoot out. I think our offense can win it - unless Barry's defense just doesn't give up a bunch of big plays.

run pMc
01-08-2024, 03:14 PM
Barry's D will absolutely hemorrhage yards. I think DAL is the better team, but Packers are hot and momentum means a lot in the playoffs. Agree DAL D is not great vs. the run and Aaron Jones has been on a tear lately.

I expect DAL wins but GB shows plenty of fight.

Joemailman
01-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Packers were 3-6 and coming off 5 straight losses when they beat the 6-2 Cowboys last year. I think a win this Sunday would be less of an upset than that despite what the point spread says.

Packers are 4-0 at AT&T Stadium. 5-0 if you include Super Bowl.

bobblehead
01-08-2024, 07:23 PM
Packers are 100-1 to win the Owl. I dropped a C note.

MadtownPacker
01-09-2024, 09:19 AM
You will get 10Gs? Where can I drop a $10 for me and tank?:lol:

This is a fun match up. The No-Rodgers Bowl pits just LeFleur vs M3 for the first time ever!

Joemailman
01-09-2024, 09:54 AM
Who burns the first seemingly unnecessary timeout? McCarthy or Lafleur?

Fosco33
01-09-2024, 10:02 AM
Who wastes a challenge on a call we all agree after 3 seconds wasn’t worth challenging.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 11:09 AM
I just watched some Cowboys tape. The interior of the OL is amazing. It’s so easy for Dak to climb the pocket and complete passes. The tackles aren’t as good by what I saw at a glance, but it doesn’t matter because there is a soft spot to step up almost every play.

Parsons is different from anyone Rasheed has seen. I worry quite a bit about that matchup. Tom kind of matched well to Parsons with the athleticism, but I don’t know if Rasheed can get out there fast enough to slow him down. We’ll see.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 11:12 AM
I looked at off grades of the cowboys interior lineman and they were just good starters. All 3. I guess all three good starters works in the NFL more than a stud, a good, and a weak link.

Vincenzo
01-09-2024, 11:19 AM
If we can’t get to Prescott then forget about it, there’s no if’s, and’s or but’s about it.
If Dak is able to sit back and throw without being harassed in some sort of way then I’d safely plop the COWPUNG’s over/under up on the betting board at 35 points, and you’re smoking giant Weed doobies if you think the Packers can put up 35 plus points Sunday.

A diehard Cowboy’s fan texted me this yesterday and it makes perfect sense:
“Yeah if you give Dak time, just like any good QB, he will make you pay.”

MadtownPacker
01-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Who wastes a challenge on a call we all agree after 3 seconds wasn’t worth challenging.A whistle making company could sponsor Sundays game just to call it the Time-Out Bowl.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-09-2024, 01:00 PM
LDD!

Love
Does
Dallas

texaspackerbacker
01-09-2024, 02:33 PM
I've watched literally all the Dallas games. A few things I've noticed:

Parson lines up all over, inside and outside. He's good against the run too, but he sometimes takes himself out of the play on runs.

Their Corners, especially Bland, take a lot of chances. Love needs to be very careful on out routes.

Their O Line is kinda overrated IMO. Dak, similar to Love, is damn good at escaping the rush. His release sometimes seems a little low, and he's susceptible to having his passes knocked down or tipped at the line.

Pollard is very similar to Aaron Jones as a runner. Similar to the Packers, they run inside a lot - more than outside.

They have a LOT of pass receivers beyond just Lamb.

They have a little kick returner named Turpin that if Carlson's kickoffs are as lame as last week could burn us worse than that Bears guy did.

I read that the Packers have won 4 in a row at the Cowboys stadium, 5 if you count the Super Bowl - for whatever that's worth.

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 02:56 PM
I just watched some Cowboys tape. The interior of the OL is amazing. It’s so easy for Dak to climb the pocket and complete passes. The tackles aren’t as good by what I saw at a glance, but it doesn’t matter because there is a soft spot to step up almost every play.

Parsons is different from anyone Rasheed has seen. I worry quite a bit about that matchup. Tom kind of matched well to Parsons with the athleticism, but I don’t know if Rasheed can get out there fast enough to slow him down. We’ll see.

Thats why tackles need to be long. If I'm MiLF I chip Parsons for the first quarter and let my Tackles gain confidence. I would also run right at him on a few 3rd and 7s. Then starting in the 2nd quarter change it up.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 03:45 PM
As tiny as Dallas is up front, I’m surprised they’re not worse against the run. But that DT they have OSA ODIGHIZUWA is the 4th leading DT for pass rush win rate hes 280lbs and Parsons is the best edge at pass rush win rate and he’s 245, maybe 250.

But those two guys in particular are super explosive and quick to get into the backfield. I’m sure a lot of runs are dead before they even begin with those two.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 03:50 PM
But honestly, if there’s a running back who’s built to shred up this kind of penetrating defense, it’s Aaron Jones. Jones can avoid contact and get moving real quick there after.

For the most part we have a smaller, more athletic line. I think that helps out against smaller penetrating types.

I don’t know how that all fits together, but I know it’s not as simple as Dallas small, Dallas can’t stop run.

They’re a damn good defense. It’s a huge test for us.

Vincenzo
01-09-2024, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Joemailman;1149514]Packer lead all-time series 31-17. 17-13 in regular season, 4-4 in playoffs.

Joe check, I believe the all-time series is 21-17 in favour of our Pack, not 31.

Fritz
01-09-2024, 05:25 PM
I will have nightmares of Josh Myers snapping the ball and looking up only to find the defensive tackle already past him.

Bretsky
01-09-2024, 06:25 PM
But honestly, if there’s a running back who’s built to shred up this kind of penetrating defense, it’s Aaron Jones. Jones can avoid contact and get moving real quick there after.

For the most part we have a smaller, more athletic line. I think that helps out against smaller penetrating types.

I don’t know how that all fits together, but I know it’s not as simple as Dallas small, Dallas can’t stop run.

They’re a damn good defense. It’s a huge test for us.

I reallly am a fan of AJO, more than nearly anybody. I just kinda hope he doesn't fumble in the playoffs

Joemailman
01-09-2024, 06:56 PM
I reallly am a fan of AJO, more than nearly anybody. I just kinda hope he doesn't fumble in the playoffs

Aaron Jones has been a Cowboy killer. In 3 games over 460 total yards and 6 TD's. He got healthy at just the right time.

Joemailman
01-09-2024, 06:59 PM
In the Cowboys 5 losses, twice they have given up over 200 yards rushing, and another one 170. Packers can win if Jones and/or Dillon have a big game. Just like last year.

Bretsky
01-09-2024, 07:17 PM
In the Cowboys 5 losses, twice they have given up over 200 yards rushing, and another one 170. Packers can win if Jones and/or Dillon have a big game. Just like last year.

Deep down, I honestly do question if we are better off riding AJO and minimizing how much Dillon plays.

Feelings be dammed !! AJO is 5x the player as Dillon. IMO AJ plays too much most weeks they are both playing.

Joemailman
01-09-2024, 07:25 PM
Deep down, I honestly do question if we are better off riding AJO and minimizing how much Dillon plays.

Feelings be dammed !! AJO is 5x the player as Dillon. IMO AJ plays too much most weeks they are both playing.

Last year when they beat the Cowboys, Jones had 24 carries and Dillon had 13. If the running game is working, having them both enables them to run the ball more than if they just have Jones.

George Cumby
01-09-2024, 07:38 PM

I've finally come to terms with Dillon's limitations as a big bruising back who has shit feet and shit vision and who goes down distressingly easily.

That being said, he's a decent receiver and can be effective running the ball a few times a game.

Utilizing both to their strengths is the way to go.

Bretsky
01-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last year when they beat the Cowboys, Jones had 24 carries and Dillon had 13. If the running game is working, having them both enables them to run the ball more than if they just have Jones.

I would be way happier with 30 to 7

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 08:29 PM
As tiny as Dallas is up front, I’m surprised they’re not worse against the run. But that DT they have OSA ODIGHIZUWA is the 4th leading DT for pass rush win rate hes 280lbs and Parsons is the best edge at pass rush win rate and he’s 245, maybe 250.

But those two guys in particular are super explosive and quick to get into the backfield. I’m sure a lot of runs are dead before they even begin with those two.

They have played with some big leads which means teams don't even attempt to run against them. Run early and often and wear those "little" guys out. Don't let their offense to get on the field. Definitely don't let them get a 2 score lead.

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 08:31 PM
I will have nightmares of Josh Myers snapping the ball and looking up only to find the defensive tackle already past him.

I don't know how to break this to you....but that's not a dream. Its been reality far too often this year.

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 08:33 PM
I think I have it figured out (what the rats want to see).

Think "longest yard" where they let the guy run free and drill him in the nuts with the ball. So on the first play let Parsons through unblocked and have Dillon just truck the shit out of him. Do it again on 2nd down. It may cost us a series, but damn would it be worth it.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 09:11 PM
They have played with some big leads which means teams don't even attempt to run against them. Run early and often and wear those "little" guys out. Don't let their offense to get on the field. Definitely don't let them get a 2 score lead.

They’re penetrators. Aaron Jones is so good at moving forward and avoiding contact at the same time. He’s built to get past that initial backfield penetration and then burst into daylight in the gap the opposing defender was supposed to be in.

Aaron Jones is the key to the game imo.

King Friday
01-09-2024, 09:25 PM
The run game will determine a lot. If the Packers can run the ball and get an early lead, the sound you will hear will be the sphincter of Jerry Jones getting tighter and tighter.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 09:36 PM
The run game will determine a lot. If the Packers can run the ball and get an early lead, the sound you will hear will be the sphincter of Jerry Jones getting tighter and tighter.

When Lafleur was on the Titans, the boys called him Hammer Cock Lafleur. Jones might want to relax.

Fritz
01-10-2024, 06:38 AM
When Lafleur was on the Titans, the boys called him Hammer Cock Lafleur. Jones might want to relax.

Uh. . . . How do you know that?

More distressingly, how would the players know that??

bobblehead
01-10-2024, 01:37 PM
They’re penetrators. Aaron Jones is so good at moving forward and avoiding contact at the same time. He’s built to get past that initial backfield penetration and then burst into daylight in the gap the opposing defender was supposed to be in.

Aaron Jones is the key to the game imo.

Your boy has taken run blocking seriously. Walker has BURIED guys at least a couple times a game the last few weeks. Either someone found his on button or he just figured out leverage. I have come around on him as the LT of the future. He isn't the best OT in football, but has shown some grit. I don't know his ceiling, but where he is now you can win with.

RashanGary
01-10-2024, 02:14 PM
Your boy has taken run blocking seriously. Walker has BURIED guys at least a couple times a game the last few weeks. Either someone found his on button or he just figured out leverage. I have come around on him as the LT of the future. He isn't the best OT in football, but has shown some grit. I don't know his ceiling, but where he is now you can win with.

For sure, man. I’m not taking much credit for knowing ball or anything. I just listened to scouts opinions and they said he had it all except had a 10 cent head.

He came in the last preseason game of his rookie year and I thought it looked effortless how he shut down the backups. I don’t know technique or OL play, but I can see when a guy stonewalls his opponent and it looks easy.

But I’ll be watching Mike Wahle’s YouTube OL teaching tape and I watch JT Osullivans stuff on QB play and scheme. Hopefully I can find a guy who teaches back 7 defense and a guy who teaches DL play. Maybe in a couple years I will know ball!

My son is close to graduating from GB. He’s going to be a teacher and a coach. We’re kind of learning the game together. We played all the time when he was a kid. He’s just tall and thin so didn’t really have a career. But he was savvy as fuck when he was a kid. He could move the ball at will against those kids lol!!! He knew when the throw it, when to pump fake, when to run. When he played rugby he was more of a heady player than physical. So coaching is a good fit.

But anyway, I just filed a restraining order on my ex gf for telling the cops I kicked her. They brought me to jail and booked me for battery and then the DA tossed it out because she spent 30 minutes trying to get the stuff I had and then just said, he kicked me, and they have to take me to jail in that case. But anyway, I have a lot of time on my hands. My two older boys are full grown and succeeeding big time and my little guy (9yr) I have on weekends. I only work two days a week so I’ve got some damn time to learn football right now and there’s never been a better time to get amazing content. So many ex players are getting into teaching the game and making money doing it on YouTube and patreon and the like.

So in a couple years we’ll have APB as our team historian and me as the lead football guy of packerrats :lol:

Joemailman
01-10-2024, 02:15 PM
Mike Spofford
@mikespofford

Media only at practice for team stretch today, but FWIW, WRs Romeo Doubs & Christian Watson, RB AJ Dillon, & LB Isaiah McDuffie were all out there for #Packers.

Joemailman
01-10-2024, 04:05 PM
Only Dillon did not practice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDg1UhQXYAAGuVe?format=jpg&name=large

texaspackerbacker
01-11-2024, 12:13 AM
Hankins is their primary run stopper. They lost a game they probably shouldn't have when he was out.

I'm thinking it's all hands on deck for the Packers, even Watson.

Fritz
01-11-2024, 05:35 AM
Hankins is their primary run stopper. They lost a game they probably shouldn't have when he was out.

I'm thinking it's all hands on deck for the Packers, even Watson.

You mean “all hamstrings on deck,” with this team.

Fritz
01-11-2024, 06:42 AM

And the odds are he's only going to get better. So if that is the case, Guter's draft in 2022 will have produced two good starting tackles. That's impressive.

Guter appears to be getting better at drafting as he goes on. Appears.

Upnorth
01-11-2024, 06:44 AM
Read a tweet that all 53 had helmets on for the walk through. FWIW

Sparkey
01-11-2024, 08:59 AM

NFL.com had him as a third round pick, comp being Dion Dawkins from Buffalo. His biggest flaw was footwork/balance.

"Overview
Walker possesses enticing power and measurables but has issues that could be challenging to correct if he stays at tackle. Ohio State defenders were able to burn up his outside edge, which creates concern about his pass pro range, but it can be hard to beat his anchor with pure power. He has issues playing beyond his base, creating chronic over-extension that will be exploited by skilled NFL rush talent. He's capable as a run blocker and should keep getting better with more hand work. Walker projects as a right tackle on the next level but might move inside to guard if his range and balance in pass sets aren't up to par.

Strengths

Displayed ability for quick and vertical sets.
Stout core withstands a bull rush.
Fires hands through defender's pads.
Extends and presses rusher past the arc.
Controlled inside power step for firmer post.
Better hand placement will bolster drive blocking.
Power to shove and clear debris from the lane.
Able to hold his ground in base blocks versus power.
Adequate adjustments in space.

Weaknesses

Might not have enough range to play left tackle.
Base can get too wide in pass sets.
Weight sits on his outside foot in pass slides.
Reaches and leans rather than maintaining flat-back posture.
Opens door wide for a variety of inside counters.
Lacks twitch fitting into run block.
Hands need to be faster and more accurate.
Needs to improve positioning after contact.

"

PFF ranking for 2023 for tackles has Walker graded at #18. For a 2nd year 7th round draft pick, pretty damn good.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/t

call_me_ishmael
01-11-2024, 09:11 AM
Tackles are tough because you don't just want a solid one, you want a great one. Solid ones get you beat in January.

bobblehead
01-11-2024, 11:16 AM
Only Dillon did not practice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDg1UhQXYAAGuVe?format=jpg&name=large

Not wishing any negatives, but are we better when MiLF doesn't have any option other than give Jones 20 carries??

bobblehead
01-11-2024, 11:19 AM
And the odds are he's only going to get better. So if that is the case, Guter's draft in 2022 will have produced two good starting tackles. That's impressive.

Guter appears to be getting better at drafting as he goes on. Appears.

2 starting Tackles without spending a single pick in the first 3 rounds. More impressive.

JH talks about the scouts on Walker. I recall reading that one guy had him as a 2nd rounder without the shoulder injury. He has everything you need. Just like Yosh, focus was his issue (which I think is why the team pitted them both in a rotation to keep them feeling pressured to focus every play).

bobblehead
01-11-2024, 11:27 AM
Tackles are tough because you don't just want a solid one, you want a great one. Solid ones get you beat in January.

Not totally disagreeing. An elite LT is a game changer for sure, but coaching to strengths also is a game changer. Walker is rapidly becoming an elite run blocker for a LT. You use that to slow down the pass rush and mix in some play action. You also use it next to Jenkins to create a bunch of 3rd and 2 so the D can't pin back the ears.

Ideally you want a great everything, but that isn't possible. So you try not to have fatal flaws anywhere. C/RG might be our fatal flaw. Or they might hold up just enough. As I said, you can win with where Walker is right now. Would I like to see him stonewall the edge rush instead of riding it wide enough to give Love room to step up....sure, but lets be honest. Only 5-6 guys in the game do everything at a top level. We were blessed with one of them for awhile. Walker right now today is just as good of a run blocker as Bak was (who was under rated in that regard). He is a middle of the pack pass blocker. You can win with that if the coaching doesn't fuck it up (i.e. leave him solo against Parsons every 3rd and 7).

run pMc
01-11-2024, 12:43 PM
I think Walker has really improved. Still think his focus and mean streak aren't there, but you can definitely start him. I'd say if Tom continues to trend towards elite and Walker ends up as just solid, you can do well with that. You don't need 2 elite OT in the playoffs.
The Bengals (vs. LAR) and Chiefs (vs TB) made SBs with iffy OLs, but it's not a winning strategy. GBs OL is playing better than iffy.

Joemailman
01-11-2024, 01:57 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

Alexander was listed on the injury report Wednesday as a limited participant because of shoulder/ankle.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

CB Jaire Alexander not practicing today. We’ll figure d out later why. Elgton Jenkins getting his rest day. AJ Dillon back at #Packers practice in pads.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-11-2024, 02:16 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

Alexander was listed on the injury report Wednesday as a limited participant because of shoulder/ankle.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

CB Jaire Alexander not practicing today. We’ll figure d out later why. Elgton Jenkins getting his rest day. AJ Dillon back at #Packers practice in pads.

J-Alex has got an ankle. Got it fucked during a damn jog through.

SMH. This Packer team is softer than a gay guy in a brothel full of women; more fragile than a motherless polar bear cub; every bit as injury-prone as an overworked, 41 year old burger flipper.

RashanGary
01-11-2024, 04:41 PM
Dallas has

LT-elite
LG- good
C-good
RG-good
RT-Poor

It’s nice that our best pass rusher is over their weak link, but it’s nice for them that they can give one guy help and let the rest of their really good line handle the rest. A lot of plays they’re going to block up really well and it’s to their advantage.

But if you’re Joe Barry, you have a bit of an advantage too. You kind of know what their protection schemes are going to look like with the obvious help going to Gary’s side. If you don’t over play your hand, you can pick a couple key spots to dial up a perfect stunt game or pressure call because you know what you’re going to be looking at on the left side.

If we win, I could see a situation where Dallas has a lot of success on offense, but had a couple key, key horrible plays that change the game in our favor.

Once in a while Gary will see a single too, and he could make a splash. I don’t think he’ll see many though, not on true pass plays that need to develop.

In Barry we trust! Go Pack Go!

MadScientist
01-11-2024, 04:52 PM
So far this week the highs in GB were around 30, and Dallas had highs in the 60s. On Sunday, they are predicting a high around 30 in Dallas. So if anything the weather favors the Packers.

Fritz
01-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

About Alexander's injury, as we used to say in college - that blows donkey dick.

Pitting him one-on-one against Lamb seemed to me one of the defense's advantages. Not that anyone can shut down Lamb completely, but it does take some pressure off the defense to have Alexander matched up against the other team's best receiver. If he can't go or is hobbled, that's tough.

As my mom sometimes says, shitsky. Not to be confused with Bretsky.

RashanGary
01-11-2024, 04:54 PM
So far this week the highs in GB were around 30, and Dallas had highs in the 60s. On Sunday, they are predicting a high around 30 in Dallas. So if anything the weather favors the Packers.

30 is beautiful football weather. I’m 42 years old and if I’m moving around, football gear is more than warm enough for me. I’d be warm.

I don’t think it favors anyone, but it’s not a disadvantage so that’s good.

RashanGary
01-11-2024, 04:55 PM
30-60 is ideal football temps.

Fritz
01-11-2024, 05:08 PM
At least it's not like playing in Tampa in September. That has been brutal for the Packers.

Joemailman
01-11-2024, 06:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDl-DeGXoAA6kJL?format=png&name=900x900

Joemailman
01-11-2024, 06:53 PM
I wonder if Packers are going to practice tomorrow, or if they need to fly out of Green Bay before the weather gets too bad.

George Cumby
01-11-2024, 07:38 PM
I wonder if Packers are going to practice tomorrow, or if they need to fly out of Green Bay before the weather gets too bad.

Just checked the GB forecast. Yeah, I'd GTFO. Better safe than sorry.

QBME
01-11-2024, 10:46 PM
I do believe the Packers will win.

My other hope is when Coach McCarthy is relieved of his position, Jerrah has a more energetic presser than Robert Kraft today.

Fer cryin’ out loud, I almost fell asleep.

Fritz
01-12-2024, 05:55 AM
Get out of Green Bay before the storm hits. Go practice at some high school near Dallas. The high school football fields in Texas are near professional-grade. It’s crazy, really.

Joemailman
01-12-2024, 02:41 PM
Alexander, Dillon and Watson only Packers with injury designation.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDq0aC_XkAA3B9d?format=jpg&name=large

Fritz
01-12-2024, 04:59 PM
As is so often the case, Green Bay’s injury list much longer than that of their opponents. Are they just more careful or do they have worse injury luck or should we be screaming for the trainer to be fired?

Joemailman
01-12-2024, 05:54 PM
As is so often the case, Green Bay’s injury list much longer than that of their opponents. Are they just more careful or do they have worse injury luck or should we be screaming for the trainer to be fired?

I think they might list things differently than a lot of teams. 9 guys on the injury report this week were listed as full participation all week. They did have a lot of injuries at times this year though.

RashanGary
01-12-2024, 06:04 PM
I think they might list things differently than a lot of teams. 9 guys on the injury report this week were listed as full participation all week. They did have a lot of injuries at times this year though.

Yeah, we list a million and then play most of them. Maybe it’s a way of confusing teams as to who is actually injured and who isn’t because only 20% are ever held out.

Vincenzo
01-13-2024, 12:40 AM
Our Post Season 2023 Packers have arrived in Sunny Dallas.
Keep us informed Joe the Mailman.

George Cumby
01-13-2024, 08:55 AM

Good to know.

Fritz
01-13-2024, 10:08 AM
Okay, boys, don't do like you did in New York and go out on the town tonight.

Sit tight. Maybe go tour Dealey Plaza. But don't be going after the Dallas nightlife.

Jerruh is probably sending his cheerleaders to the Packer players' rooms at 3:00 a.m.

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2024, 11:52 AM

It's gonna be shitty down here too on Sunday - mid sixties today, mid thirties tomorrow, even worse Monday.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-13-2024, 12:12 PM
What’s with the weather talk? Game’s gonna be played under a fucking roof. Weather is irrelevant.

Love seems to dig playing indoor. Had nice games at Minnesota and Detroit. Hopefully Love does Dallas like Debbie.

Vincenzo
01-13-2024, 01:56 PM
What’s with the weather talk? Game’s gonna be played under a fucking roof. Weather is irrelevant.

Love seems to dig playing indoor. Had nice games at Minnesota and Detroit. Hopefully Love does Dallas like Debbie.
Correct there to our Burger Flipper.
In Green Bay the weather was nasty so there was some concern about getting the players out of Wisconsin early to Texas.
However they’ve arrived and all is well. Go Pack!

bobblehead
01-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Okay, boys, don't do like you did in New York and go out on the town tonight.

Sit tight. Maybe go tour Dealey Plaza. But don't be going after the Dallas nightlife.

Jerruh is probably sending his cheerleaders to the Packer players' rooms at 3:00 a.m.

This team doesn't have a Zadarius to show the young guys how not to do it. Alexander is the closest thing (which is why I would love to trade him). I feel like we have a lot of guys who like and live for football.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 03:24 PM
The Packers Wire
@ThePackersWire

Packers elevate CB David Long Jr. from practice squad for wildcard round vs. Cowboys

Long is actually a 5th year veteran who has started games in the past for the Rams. Was a 3rd round pick in 2019.

Fritz
01-14-2024, 10:53 AM
Long is actually a 5th year veteran who has started games in the past for the Rams. Was a 3rd round pick in 2019.

That doesn't bode well for Alexander playing today, does it?