PDA

View Full Version : Official How Will The Packers Do In The Playoffs? Thread

Joemailman
01-08-2024, 09:43 AM
Is this the end of the road for the Packer Kids? Or are they just getting started?

Poll to follow.

Joemailman
01-08-2024, 09:49 AM
Packers have beaten Cowboys 4 in a row. Packers don't lose in wild card round very often. Both trends continue. Then they play the 49ers...

Sparkey
01-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Cowboys open as 7 point favorites. O/U 48.5

Computer sims have Dallas 31 GB 17

I going to call GB 26 DAL 24

Tony Oday
01-08-2024, 11:43 AM
This is a 30/70 game, we have a chance just not a great one.

Vincenzo
01-08-2024, 12:39 PM
We got a Puncher’s chance but in the end we’re all just dreaming.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2024, 02:53 PM
If we don't lose in the opening round, there's a strong chance we go all the way. I'm considering voting for another Lombardi trophy, but I'm not ready to say just yet.

bobblehead
01-08-2024, 03:02 PM
Tex nails it. They balled out to make the playoffs, but Chicago is bad. The team is playing with confidence. Send fat mike home and they will believe they can beat anyone. Hell, they are just too young and dumb to realize they aren't supposed to be here.

Believing you can beat anyone is half the battle. Beating Chicago and Dallas back to back is about the most satisfying thing I can imagine personally (in sports, short of titles). They might just be too stupid to lose.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2024, 03:09 PM
Is that what I said? hahahaha

I thought I said that beating Dallas is a major mountain to climb. If we get over that mountain, it's fairly smooth sailing after that. It's a big if, though.

bobblehead
01-08-2024, 03:10 PM
You said if we beat Dallas there is a strong chance we go all the way. Thats what I was focusing on.

Sparkey
01-08-2024, 03:19 PM
Is that what I said? hahahaha

I thought I said that beating Dallas is a major mountain to climb. If we get over that mountain, it's fairly smooth sailing after that. It's a big if, though.

I wouldn't call the 49ers in Frisco "fairly smooth".

Bretsky
01-08-2024, 04:38 PM
One
And
Done

RashanGary
01-08-2024, 07:33 PM
I don’t want to be on the wrong side of this. Owl.

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2024, 11:07 PM
The Niners should be easier to handle than the Cowboys. The Ravens could be a handful with Lamar Jackson, etc.

I'm ready to vote. I say win it all. In your face to the negativists.

MadScientist
01-09-2024, 09:32 AM
I picked one and done because Dallas is a complete team. I see this team like the 94 Packers. Happy to make the playoffs, but knocked out by Dallas. The Owl window really opens next season.

Plus by picking one and done, either I win here or I'm happy because the Packers win.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 10:24 AM
Me and tex are gonna rub your noses in your smelly, shameful doubting of our beloved Packers. And let me remind you once again, although we are the smallest minority in the vote, we are members of the great majority of good, normal Packer fans. <gives middle finger to fringe minority crowd of doubters>

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 03:18 PM
I just want Buffalo eliminated. I don't want Rasul to make a huge pick to sink us. I love being right as much as anyone, but that would be my personal nightmare.

Bretsky
01-09-2024, 05:34 PM
I just want Buffalo eliminated. I don't want Rasul to make a huge pick to sink us. I love being right as much as anyone, but that would be my personal nightmare.

I like Rasul

He was a great leader and example for the GB youngies

How can you not cheer for him ? It's not his fault Gutebag traded him to get another 3rd round draft pick, which in Green Bay before last year, was A.K.A as sack of crap :)

I want Rasul to get an INT and go to the house for a Buffalo Super Bowl WIn !!!!

texaspackerbacker
01-09-2024, 05:54 PM
I'm all for him in the AFC playoffs - get pick 6's or whatever. but NOT in the Super Bowl against ideally the Packers or secondarily the Cowboys or whoever else from the NFC.

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 08:48 PM
I like Rasul

He was a great leader and example for the GB youngies

How can you not cheer for him ? It's not his fault Gutebag traded him to get another 3rd round draft pick, which in Green Bay before last year, was A.K.A as sack of crap :)

I want Rasul to get an INT and go to the house for a Buffalo Super Bowl WIn !!!!

I was implying that WE would be the opponent.

Bretsky
01-09-2024, 08:57 PM
I was implying that WE would be the opponent.

Pass me some of that stash :)

King Friday
01-09-2024, 09:27 PM
I think we can topple Jerruh, but the Niners are almost always kryptonite.

Upnorth
01-10-2024, 11:48 AM
If we put up 35 we might beat Dallas.

I voted for #5, but the brilliant Joe Barry exists.

Fritz
01-10-2024, 01:08 PM
How deep can the Packers go in the playoffs?

Balls deep, baby!

Or at least I think they can beat Dallas. Don't know if they will - but they can. And I have a sneaking suspicion that they just might pull it off.

After that, the spaceship comes crashing back to earth, except for the defensive backs stationed near Pluto.

bobblehead
01-10-2024, 01:29 PM
As Renee Russo said in "Tin Cup"

"Ah hell Roy, go ahead. Knock it in, let her rip"

Win me an Owl and no one will ever remember that stretch where we sucked (except skin. He will continue to be a jackass).

ThunderDan
01-10-2024, 07:31 PM
Obviously, I want the Packers to win it all.

But who did we beat this year?

The Chiefs, Lions and the Rams with a QB who got cut the next day.

I know I am the guy who always says you can only beat the teams you are scheduled to play. I believe that.

I think the best thing in this team’s favor is they don’t have the experience to know they are going to be outgunned most playoff games. They are young and trending in the right direction at the end of the year.

Joemailman
01-10-2024, 08:04 PM
Obviously, I want the Packers to win it all.

But who did we beat this year?

The Chiefs, Lions and the Rams with a QB who got cut the next day.

I know I am the guy who always says you can only beat the teams you are scheduled to play. I believe that.

I think the best thing in this team’s favor is they don’t have the experience to know they are going to be outgunned most playoff games. They are young and trending in the right direction at the end of the year.

But not really this game. Discounting games against the Rams without Stafford, the Packers were 3-3 against teams that finished with winning records. Cowboys were 3-4. Both teams were 6-2 over the last 8 weeks. Packers strength of victory (winning pct. of teams you've beaten) is significantly better than Cowboys. Cowboys stats are better, but I doubt that's the case over the last 8 weeks. The fact that the game is at Dallas is really the only reason for the Cowboys to be favored.

bobblehead
01-11-2024, 11:37 AM
But not really this game. Discounting games against the Rams without Stafford, the Packers were 3-3 against teams that finished with winning records. Cowboys were 3-4. Both teams were 6-2 over the last 8 weeks. Packers strength of victory (winning pct. of teams you've beaten) is significantly better than Cowboys. Cowboys stats are better, but I doubt that's the case over the last 8 weeks. The fact that the game is at Dallas is really the only reason for the Cowboys to be favored.

They have more established star power as well. We don't have anyone like CeeDee Lamb. But to you're point, our guys are ascending. The difference here is that Dallas has a talented hard hitting defense coached by a proven DC. We have Joe Barry and a lot of athletes he miscasts on a regular basis.

ThunderDan
01-11-2024, 12:11 PM

Just looking in depth at our record against winning teams.
Beat NO, Rams, Det, KC
Lost to Det, Pitt and TB

I discount the Rams game because of the QB for the game. And I discount both NO and Tampa. If you remove their division games, they were both 5-6. It helps to play CAR twice a lot!

MadtownPacker
01-11-2024, 05:33 PM
I think we can topple Jerruh, but the Niners are almost always kryptonite.Erron’s kryptonite man, not the Packers. Love isn't going into the game feeling upset about how they didn’t draft him number one. Rodgers always let niners games get in his head. Love is turning out to be the emotionless executioner Rodgers thought himself to be.

In majority of those games the Packers were the older team and the Niners had the youngsters who always seemed more energized. I am very interested in seeing the matchup now with Packers the young squad. Cowboys have also been together for a while and would be similar to the Packers teams that got upset in the 2010s.

RashanGary
01-11-2024, 05:35 PM
I put 25 on Jones to go over 104. I could have done 64, 74, 84…. But I like Jones a lot on Sunday. 104. He’s a cowboy killer and it’s not a fluke. He matches up well against that penetrating style.

RashanGary
01-11-2024, 05:38 PM
I deposited $50 and got a 50 bonus 10 years ago and I’m still sitting even at $100. I’ve been over 300 and under 60. But 10 years on the same deposit and probably 50-100 bets. I’m not a winner, but I’m not a loser either.

sharpe1027
01-11-2024, 07:01 PM
We're winning three Superbowls in a row.

bobblehead
01-12-2024, 12:22 PM
We're winning three Superbowls in a row.

Starting when??

sharpe1027
01-12-2024, 02:41 PM
Starting when??

Exactly the right question.

Fritz
01-13-2024, 10:14 AM
They have more established star power as well. We don't have anyone like CeeDee Lamb. But to you're point, our guys are ascending. The difference here is that Dallas has a talented hard hitting defense coached by a proven DC. We have Joe Barry and a lot of athletes he miscasts on a regular basis.

yeah, when you really slow down after the high of beating the Bears, it's clear that the Cowboys should outgun the Pack every which way. How is a Joe Barry defense with a hobbled Alexander going to slow down the Cowboys? It's just not very likely, at all. My guess is Joe will go back to his "shrivel" zone (so soft you can barely see it) and Prescott will pick the defense apart.

And for the Packer offense, let's hope the blocking holds up. My gosh, remember how Maxx Crosby really almost single-handedly destroyed the Packer offense? The Cowboys also have an All-World defensive player.

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2024, 12:22 PM
Jaire was getting beat in man coverage and messing up in zone. I wouldn't be surprised if we play a lot of zone and do it better without Jaire.

Vincenzo
01-13-2024, 02:00 PM
I put 25 on Jones to go over 104. I could have done 64, 74, 84…. But I like Jones a lot on Sunday. 104. He’s a cowboy killer and it’s not a fluke. He matches up well against that penetrating style.
That’s what I’m hearing too.
I figure the biggest key to the game is getting a pass rush to mess up Dak, but Aaron Jones having a spectacular day could be huge too.
Let’s just hope he hangs on to the ball because remember, it’s a BIG game.

ThunderDan
01-13-2024, 02:10 PM
I figure the biggest key to the game is getting a pass rush to mess up Dak, but Aaron Jones having a spectacular day could be huge too.

What are you talking about with Jones? I have already forgot.

bobblehead
01-13-2024, 02:35 PM
yeah, when you really slow down after the high of beating the Bears, it's clear that the Cowboys should outgun the Pack every which way. How is a Joe Barry defense with a hobbled Alexander going to slow down the Cowboys? It's just not very likely, at all. My guess is Joe will go back to his "shrivel" zone (so soft you can barely see it) and Prescott will pick the defense apart.

And for the Packer offense, let's hope the blocking holds up. My gosh, remember how Maxx Crosby really almost single-handedly destroyed the Packer offense? The Cowboys also have an All-World defensive player.

Maybe we should call it the "I was in the pool" zone. Yea, I like that.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2024, 03:55 PM
All of you are saying Jones this Jones that. To win this game the Packers need to score steady and surely. That’s going to require Love moving the ball in the air. Then Dak will feel pressure to score then the Packers defense can get on his ass. Once Dak gets stressed out he starts fucking up. The pressure is on him to NOT let some first year starter ruin another Dallas SB chance. Tex is right saying Dak is like Rodgers. Both get rattled quickly when lit up by a defender.

George Cumby
01-13-2024, 08:42 PM
^ This.

Pressure Dak and the Boys can be had.

Fritz
01-14-2024, 10:44 AM
I think people are mostly concerned about Jones's fumbling tendencies.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 01:32 PM
Zach Kruse
@zachkruse2

Packers path to the Super Bowl would be nearly identical to 2010.

1. Beat Bears at home in season finale to clinch playoff spot✅
2. Beat NFC East champion on the road❓
3. Beat No. 1 seed on the road❓
4. Win NFC title game on the road (potentially against division rival?)❓

MadtownPacker
01-14-2024, 02:47 PM
Hey asshole I was waiting to vote until now!!

Fuck it I’m saying SuperBowl or bust!!! It’s anyones day who really wants it!

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 07:07 PM
Bretsky, KYPack, MadScientist, mmmdk, NewsBruin, Spaulding, SudsMcBucky, ThunderDan, Tony Oday, and Vincenzo have been officially eliminated! :pack::glug::pack:

MadScientist
01-14-2024, 07:08 PM
Happy to be wrong. I'll be even happier to be even more wrong next week.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2024, 07:13 PM
Bretsky, KYPack, MadScientist, mmmdk, NewsBruin, Spaulding, SudsMcBucky, ThunderDan, Tony Oday, and Vincenzo have been officially eliminated! :pack::glug::pack:Buncha circle jerkers.

Vincenzo
01-14-2024, 07:27 PM
Bretsky, KYPack, MadScientist, mmmdk, NewsBruin, Spaulding, SudsMcBucky, ThunderDan, Tony Oday, and Vincenzo have been officially eliminated! :pack::glug::pack:
LMAO, you lads are a fuckin scream man.

And congrats tonight!

smuggler
01-14-2024, 08:39 PM

I had us losing to the 49ers. I also wish to be wrong. I will take my L if it means the Pack can claim the W!

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2024, 10:55 PM
6th seed Niners knocked off #1 seed Packers in divisional round two years ago. It's possible.

SudsMcBucky
01-16-2024, 02:24 PM

Me too. And I'll be MORE than happy to be wrong for another 3 games.

Joemailman
01-20-2024, 10:45 PM
call_me_ishmael, Fosco33, Fritz, George Cumby, Joemailman, King Friday, QBME, smuggler, and Sparkey got it right.:mad::-(:bang:

Teamcheez1
01-20-2024, 10:46 PM
Who cares?

MadtownPacker
01-20-2024, 11:45 PM
call_me_ishmael, Fosco33, Fritz, George Cumby, Joemailman, King Friday, QBME, smuggler, and Sparkey got it right.:mad::-(:bang:
Thanks for the ban list. :lol: