PHI
LAR
SEA

Fosco33
01-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Looks like 10-11 wins

Joemailman
01-08-2024, 10:38 AM
10 of 17 opponents had winning records. 4 of those were 9-8.

7 of 17 made playoffs

Opponents were combined 152-137 for a winning pct. of 52.6

Not that any of this matters.

Schedule is 6 division games, AFC South, NFC West, New Orleans, Miami, @Philadelphia

smuggler
01-08-2024, 12:41 PM
Drawing @ Philly is the most unfortunate of the bunch.

Will probably lose two of the away trio of LAR/SEA/PHI and drop one to DET or MIN. Lose to SF at home and drop one at home between MIA/NO/HOU.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2024, 12:52 PM
Miners game could be a playoff rematch…

Hate LA but going to have to look into that Rams game. The stadium looks like a beast from the outside.

George Cumby
01-08-2024, 01:11 PM
Miners game could be a playoff rematch…

Hate LA but going to have to look into that Rams game. The stadium looks like a beast from the outside.

LMK, I'd be interested in hitting that one, too.

ThunderDan
01-08-2024, 01:33 PM
Whomever plays the AFC N, NFC N or NFC W will have the toughest schedules this year. Plus the teams in those divisions especially ARI because they have to play SF, SEA and Rams twice.

ThunderDan
01-08-2024, 01:36 PM
Final standings by Division
AFC N - 43 - 25
AFC E - 33 - 35
AFC S - 34 - 34
AFC W - 32 - 36
NFC N - 35 - 33
NFC E - 33 - 35
NFC S - 27 - 41
NFC W - 35 - 33

MadtownPacker
01-08-2024, 01:43 PM
LMK, I'd be interested in hitting that one, too.
It’s on, prepare to go to jail!!

George Cumby
01-08-2024, 01:58 PM
It’s on, prepare to go to jail!!

LOL

bobblehead
01-08-2024, 03:09 PM
I'd be down for that as well. Hate LA, but I can stomach it for 36 hours.

Do we open vs. SF? They are going to be pretty pissed when we bounce them and win the Owl.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2024, 04:37 PM
I'd be down for that as well. Hate LA, but I can stomach it for 36 hours.

Do we open vs. SF? They are going to be pretty pissed when we bounce them and win the Owl.
You actually came to mind due to proximity. Might become a PackerRats West event.

RashanGary
01-11-2024, 08:13 PM
Bears Twitter is a lot of fun. There is a fields cult and a Caleb clique. The latest funny one is the field cult saying Caleb is a pussy and gay because he said he’s dejected and just wants to go home and cuddle with his dog.

Ok, look, yeah, the world we grew up in we were teased for that shit. But let’s be real, it’s healthy to enjoy warmth and happiness like that with your pups. Maybe none of us said it out loud, but good on him for being real. And further, he has closeness with family and a pet. Sounds like he’s not too worried about a woman and that takes away one possible big distraction.

RashanGary
01-11-2024, 08:19 PM
I watched a full game of Caleb. Maybe it’s the college game compared to NFL, but I didn’t see one anticipation throw. Jordan Love had such a lowsy perimeter group, especially his last year, he really had to do that. And now in the NFL it’s one of his greatest strengths. He can see the game and anticipate and Gute saw that on the college tape.

I’m not sold on Caleb just yet. But like people told me last year with Watson, didn’t do it doesn’t mean can’t do it.

But what i saw was a guy who threw it when the route was clearly declared. He hung onto the ball and made things happen a lot. He struggled putting air under longer throws and he’s so used to throwing off platform, when he’s on platform and it’s down the field he seemed to air mail it.

I’m not convinced he’s much better than Fields. Better off platform and not quite as good of a runner, but he didn’t show any signs of seeing the game fast and anticipating. But again, that just might be the college game and I’m not a full on expert so we’ll see I guess.

texaspackerbacker
01-11-2024, 10:12 PM
I'm thankful we don't play the Jets. Rodgers is gonna bounce back and have them up near the top next season, and without a draft pick on the line, I'll be rooting for him.

Fritz
01-12-2024, 05:59 AM
I'm thankful we don't play the Jets. Rodgers is gonna bounce back and have them up near the top next season, and without a draft pick on the line, I'll be rooting for him.

You are going to be so, so wrong about that.

As for Caleb Williams feeling dejected and just wanting to go home and snuggle with his dog, sounds to me like he’s the next Bears QB. He’s already got his post-Packer game routine down pat.

texaspackerbacker
01-12-2024, 01:57 PM
If the Bears decision makers have a lick of sense - far from a sure thing, they will stick with Fields and use their top pick(s) for something other than a QB.

And, Fritz, I'll double down on saying if Rodgers is healthy, he's got a few more years of greatness in him.

Joemailman
04-10-2024, 08:43 AM
Packers will play Eagles in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Friday September 6. It's an Eagles home game.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-10-2024, 08:53 AM
Packers will play Eagles in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Friday September 6. It's an Eagles home game.

Empacotacdor contra Racista Italiano!

Portuguese for Packers versus Balding Eagles. I’m cool with the game. Off from burger joint.

Joemailman
04-10-2024, 09:00 AM

Portuguese for Packers versus Balding Eagles. I’m cool with the game. Off from burger joint.

A lot of Packer fans won't see it for free though.

Brian McCarthy
@NFLprguy

Peacock (NBCUniversal) will exclusively stream the game nationally and the game will also be available on free, over-the-air broadcast television in the local markets of the competing teams as well as on mobile devices with NFL+.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-10-2024, 09:20 AM

Brian McCarthy
@NFLprguy

Peacock (NBCUniversal) will exclusively stream the game nationally and the game will also be available on free, over-the-air broadcast television in the local markets of the competing teams as well as on mobile devices with NFL+.

Good. Red’s too cheap to sign up. His nonstop bitching in the GameDay thread turns me off.

In all seriousness, I am sure the die-hard fans will find a way to catch the game. Hell, we should do a Packerrats meetup game in Brazil! Bobble volunteers to foot the bill.

MadScientist
04-10-2024, 10:33 AM
It's surprising that the international game is a road game for the Packers. Usually other teams are protective of games against the Packers. I figured they would try to steal the 9th home game again.

MadtownPacker
04-10-2024, 11:11 AM
Packers will play Eagles in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Friday September 6. It's an Eagles home game.Well hopefully the audience has a lot of Brazilian hotties.

Fuck, I have fallen to Bretsky's level of old.

MadtownPacker
04-10-2024, 11:15 AM

Brian McCarthy
@NFLprguy

Peacock (NBCUniversal) will exclusively stream the game nationally and the game will also be available on free, over-the-air broadcast television in the local markets of the competing teams as well as on mobile devices with NFL+.Sounds like it is just a Sunday night game that will still show nationally. Not the chiefs playoff situation but don’t worry we all know that is where it is going.

bobblehead
04-10-2024, 11:16 AM

Brian McCarthy
@NFLprguy

Does this include the youtube thingy? I was going to do it this year, but if their first move is to black me out of a packer game fuck them....I'll just keep stealing the stream.

bobblehead
04-10-2024, 11:17 AM
Good. Red’s too cheap to sign up. His nonstop bitching in the GameDay thread turns me off.

In all seriousness, I am sure the die-hard fans will find a way to catch the game. Hell, we should do a Packerrats meetup game in Brazil! Bobble volunteers to foot the bill.

I won't even foot the bill for peacock. I've told you I'm a cheapskate.

MadtownPacker
04-10-2024, 11:19 AM

If you are going to appropriate at least use Empacadores! It’s not “Packer”.

You can do whatever with the eagles. I am sure you are mad their Philly cheesesteaks destroy your pink slime burgers.

MadtownPacker
04-10-2024, 11:21 AM
Does this include the youtube thingy? I was going to do it this year, but if their first move is to black me out of a packer game fuck them....I'll just keep stealing the stream.Any of the MNF TNF SNF won’t show on Sunday Ticket.

MadtownPacker
04-10-2024, 11:24 AM
I won't even foot the bill for peacock. I've told you I'm a cheapskate.No it’s that your too rich to look for deals. I got Peacock for .99 a month for a year. My advice, dup email accounts to switch between to the latest deals. When you cancel they start begging you back after a few months and make offers. Only Amazon and Netflix will not play along. They don’t appear to track the payment card being used so their system can be punked.

pittstang5
04-10-2024, 11:35 AM
When I first heard these rumors about the Pack playing in Brazil to start the season and it would be against the Beagles, I was a little irritated that the Pack would be losing a home game, even though I live nowhere near GB. But then I remembered that the when the opponents list came out, that the Pack/Beagles game was an away game for the Pack, so the Beagles are losing a home game. Good! Screw them!

I read an article a couple weeks ago that the Packers have a pretty big fan base down there, so I hope it's more of a home game for the Pack than the Beagles. If anything, I'm glad that this game is on neutral ground. I live near Philly and would be very tempted to try to go to this game, but Philly fans, especially Beagle fans are in a league of their own and that's a nice away of putting it.

run pMc
04-10-2024, 12:13 PM
The Packers will play the Eagles in Brasil on a FRIDAY. It sounds like it will only be avaliable to Peacock subscribers and those within the on-air region:

According to The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman, the Packers-Eagles game is going to be streamed exclusively on Peacock, a subscription service, but the game should be broadcast locally within the Packers’ television network footprint on over-the-air television. So for those of you in Green Bay or Milwaukee without a Peacock subscription, do not fret.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024/4/10/24126174/green-bay-packers-news-green-bay-schedule-nfl-2024-philadelphia-eagles-brazil-sao-paolo

Patler
04-10-2024, 03:59 PM
Figuring out how to watch football has gotten to be too much work. I miss the days when the NFC was on CBS, and the AFC on NBC, Sundays at noon or 3:30 pm CST only, except for Thanksgiving, which was GB at Detroit. Every team played every week. I was adaptable enough to accept Monday night games on ABC. Still simple enough to know who carried any game. Then interconference games started, but always carried by the network of the visiting team. Simple:

GB vs NFC on CBS
GB at AFC on CBS
AFC vs GB at GB on NBC
GB on Monday night on ABC

Friday was high school football, Saturday college football and Sunday the NFL, with a single Monday night NFL game. Life was simple.

Then at various times a second Monday game, Saturday games, Thursday games, byes. Games in the middle of the night because it is played in a country where football is played in shorts and you can't touch the ball with your hands.

Even if I know when it is, I don't know who will broadcast it, and when I do know which if any network carries it I often have multiple channels of the same network. When the guide states merely "NFL Football" I don't know which has GB and which something else.

I don't like working this hard for casual entertainment.

Fritz
04-11-2024, 11:18 AM
Well hopefully the audience has a lot of Brazilian hotties.

Fuck, I have fallen to Bretsky's level of old.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Hc907dd9505d647b186f52f7ef9c5bf5d8/Wisconsin-Helmet-Retro-Green-Print-Swimsuit-Women-Two-Piece-Bathing-Suit-Bikinis-Beachwear-Green-Bay-Packers.jpg

Look, Mad - she's walking right toward you as you sit in your beach chair on the Rio de Janeiro beach! And she's speaking Portugese to you, and every middle aged white guy knows that Portugese and Mexican are the same language, pretty much, so you know she's asking you if you want to join her and her friends to party a little bit, and is Aaron Rodgers really as big a pendejo as he seems to be, and then she's going to call you "Jordan," and you're going to realize that racist Portugese chick thinks you are Jordan Love, because you northern-brown skinned dudes all look the same to her cute little Brasilian brain, and you're about to say "Hell yes baby" but then whitest-white-guy-of-all Fritz shows up with his orange speedo and his gut hanging over the top, and she's gonna realize there's no way Jordan Love would hang out with a goofy-ass old white goof like Fritz, and she's going to turn around and walk away. But at least you'll get to see her ass swinging so sweetly as she walks away from you.

bobblehead
04-11-2024, 11:24 AM
Figuring out how to watch football has gotten to be too much work. I miss the days when the NFC was on CBS, and the AFC on NBC, Sundays at noon or 3:30 pm CST only, except for Thanksgiving, which was GB at Detroit. Every team played every week. I was adaptable enough to accept Monday night games on ABC. Still simple enough to know who carried any game. Then interconference games started, but always carried by the network of the visiting team. Simple:

GB vs NFC on CBS
GB at AFC on CBS
AFC vs GB at GB on NBC
GB on Monday night on ABC

Friday was high school football, Saturday college football and Sunday the NFL, with a single Monday night NFL game. Life was simple.

Then at various times a second Monday game, Saturday games, Thursday games, byes. Games in the middle of the night because it is played in a country where football is played in shorts and you can't touch the ball with your hands.

Even if I know when it is, I don't know who will broadcast it, and when I do know which if any network carries it I often have multiple channels of the same network. When the guide states merely "NFL Football" I don't know which has GB and which something else.

I don't like working this hard for casual entertainment.

This has lead to the death of boxing. When they went to pay per view only for any fight worth watching many were still hooked and ponied up. It worked until it didn't. Now, I never watch a fight anymore. To watch every worthwhile fight on TV required too much work. I slowly lost interest. The generation behind me couldn't afford to gain interest in their youth so they don't watch boxing. Now the sport is relegated to a couple superfights a year at best that only the most die hard care about.

Patler
04-11-2024, 11:44 AM
This has lead to the death of boxing. When they went to pay per view only for any fight worth watching many were still hooked and ponied up. It worked until it didn't. Now, I never watch a fight anymore. To watch every worthwhile fight on TV required too much work. I slowly lost interest. The generation behind me couldn't afford to gain interest in their youth so they don't watch boxing. Now the sport is relegated to a couple superfights a year at best that only the most die hard care about.

Good observation. I watched boxing when I could watch free; but have never paid to watch. I used to know and follow the Champs and rising contenders in many of the weight classes. Now I don't know a single one.

I think fantasy football has changed the younger fan base particularly. There is not the same level of team loyalty. They care about individual performances more than team outcomes, even for opposing teams in the same games. So long as the players on their fantasy teams do well, they are happy.

Fritz
04-11-2024, 06:31 PM
Agree with both of you here.

I was at a sports bar with my wife in '21, so we could watch the Packers. Davante Adams made a big catch - I don't remember which game - and a young guy nearby started yelling and cheering. Not a common sight in the Detroit area. So I said, "Oh, are you a Packer fan, too?" Him: "Oh no. I just got him on my fantasy team."

Took the wind out of my sails. I realize a lot of the young guys aren't watching because they're fans of certain teams; they're watching because they have fantasy players they're tracking. It was deflating for me.

Frozen Tundra
04-11-2024, 07:13 PM
Agree with both of you here.

I was at a sports bar with my wife in '21, so we could watch the Packers. Davante Adams made a big catch - I don't remember which game - and a young guy nearby started yelling and cheering. Not a common sight in the Detroit area. So I said, "Oh, are you a Packer fan, too?" Him: "Oh no. I just got him on my fantasy team."

Took the wind out of my sails. I realize a lot of the young guys aren't watching because they're fans of certain teams; they're watching because they have fantasy players they're tracking. It was deflating for me.

You know what I don't mind about being 66? I was born early enough to enjoy a lot of experiences before they were corrupted by greed.

MadtownPacker
04-12-2024, 11:18 AM
Fritz that is White girl!!! She is way fine and while your story was Penthouse worthy you went with the first stock photo instead of making an effort.

This would be more like it:

https://www.ampedasia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/brazilian-girls-article.jpg

MadtownPacker
04-12-2024, 11:25 AM
I have to wonder if the lack of fandom correlates with the area teams lack of success. Fritz’s lions example being a good one. Here in Cali everyone except the Chargers has a strong following in the younger generations. Might be a gang mentality thing for some :lol:. The other 3 have won or been to a SB this century and in the playoffs many times. Does this ring true for da Chicago area?

bobblehead
04-12-2024, 12:06 PM
Fritz that is White girl!!! She is way fine and while your story was Penthouse worthy you went with the first stock photo instead of making an effort.

This would be more like it:

https://www.ampedasia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/brazilian-girls-article.jpg

No doubt created by Gemini....Shit, is that going to get me banned?

edit: Not that I disapprove mind you. All we need now is for Captain kick ass to weigh in with his version.

CaptainKickass
04-12-2024, 03:48 PM
All we need now is for Captain kick ass to weigh in with his version.

I don't usually do requests but since you summoned me from my offseason hibernation, here:

https://images.playground.com/70154aeb4d994f9b8167cab6acaa27c1.jpeg

T'was the best I could do on short notice anyway.

Also -

It's two words everyone.
First name Captain.
Last name Kickass.
Correct: Captain Kickass
Incorrect: Captain kick ass

This has been a public service message.
Brought to you by the Letters T and A

MadtownPacker
04-12-2024, 05:20 PM
Damn finally a professional steps in to get this figured out. Thank you Cap that is the correct specimen for this discussion.

bobblehead
04-13-2024, 12:53 AM
That'll work cap tain ki ck as s

Fritz
04-14-2024, 09:51 AM
Mad, I’m just an old white guy, and you know we only pretend to look for the real deal. We think “going out for authentic Mexican” is Chipotle instead of Taco Bell.

Thank god the Cap’n stepped in. Pirates know good booty when they see it.

Upnorth
04-16-2024, 10:41 AM
Good that the Packers are going to help the less fortunate in Brazil. Those poor girls can't afford more clothes to cover up with.

Frozen Tundra
04-16-2024, 07:09 PM
Good that the Packers are going to help the less fortunate in Brazil. Those poor girls can't afford more clothes to cover up with.

I'd rather they focused on a different cause than clothing the young women of Brazil.

Upnorth
04-17-2024, 02:55 PM
I'd rather they focused on a different cause than clothing the young women of Brazil.

Oral hygiene?
Pad level?

Fritz
04-17-2024, 06:49 PM
If the pad level is too high a lot of the blood will leak out the bottom.

Best work on that first. Call in McCarthy on that one.

Frozen Tundra
04-17-2024, 08:02 PM
Oral hygiene?
Pad level?

I worry about the younger generation's fitness level. Free pole-dancing classes would be a very thoughtful touch.

bobblehead
04-18-2024, 10:23 AM

I'm thinking the NFL will make sure to show us several examples of the lack of clothing epidemic tearing through the Brazil beach scene...you know, because they don't believe in objectifying women and such....unless it increases their bottom line.

Fritz
04-18-2024, 10:44 AM
I'm thinking the NFL will make sure to show us several examples of the lack of clothing epidemic tearing through the Brazil beach scene...you know, because they don't believe in objectifying women and such....unless it increases their bottom line.

I couldn't resist. Increasing that bottom line!

https://whur.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/big-butts-0005.jpg

MadtownPacker
04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
You totally redeemed yourself.

bobblehead
04-19-2024, 11:34 AM
Fat bottom girls make the packerrats world go round.

Joemailman
05-07-2024, 07:19 PM
Schedule will be released Wednesday May 15.