PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card Weekend Thread

Joemailman
01-09-2024, 09:47 AM
Cleveland at Houston - Saturday - 3:30 PM
NBC - Announcers: Noah Eagle, Todd Blackledge, Kathryn Tappen.
Cleveland 2.5 point favorite
Moneyline: Houston +122, Cleveland -144
Over/under: 44.5

Miami at Kansas City - Saturday - 7:00 PM
Peacock - Announcers: Mike Tirico, Jason Garrett, Kaylee Hartung
Kansas City 3.5 point favorite
Moneyline: Kansas City -186, Miami +156
Over/under: 44

Pittsburgh at Buffalo - Sunday - 12:00 PM
CBS - Announcers: Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson
Buffalo 10 point favorite
Moneyline: Buffalo -560, Pittsburgh +420
Over/under: 35.5

Green Bay at Dallas - Sunday - 3:30 PM
Fox - Announcers: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi
Dallas 7.5 point favorite
Moneyline: Dallas -390, Green Bay +310
Over/under: 50.5

Los Angeles Rams at Detroit - Sunday - 7:20 PM
NBC - Announcers: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark
Detroit 3.5 point favorite
Moneyline: Detroit -180, Los Angeles +152
Over/under: 51.5

Philadelphia at Tampa Bay - Monday - 7:15 PM
ESPN/ABC - Announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters
Philadelphia 2.5 point favorite
Moneyline: Tampa Bay +124, Philadelphia -146
Over/under: 44

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 10:27 AM
I kind of like Tirico as the play by play, but Olsen is my favorite color guy. Would be nice to see those two team up. Or maybe a great play by play guy Olsens age will come up and we can see them for 25 years.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 10:41 AM
I liked Collinsworth 10-15 years ago when he first got the Sunday night gig. I just thought he was always prepared. And around Green Bay there are a lot of Catholics. The guys are all raised to really present like they’re upstanding citizens and to succeed, but so many of the ones I know are snorting coke behind the scenes and using their catholic raised prosperity to gamble and bang chicks on the side. I don’t even know if Collinsworth is catholic, but he seems like that kind of guy and culturally, watching him always felt like being at home in green bay with the sneaky catholic boys we have here.

But I get bored of these guys fast. And now he puts me to sleep.

Romo was really cool with his predicting plays thing. I’ve never seen that. And I think him doing that made his humor and annoying voice more tolerable. But his schtick ran out even faster than Collinsworths.

Aikman is the worst, although Buck is somewhat tolerable. Buck has such a way of being a proper uptight white guy and faking enthusiasm that I don’t even like him much. But being along side Aikman who always seems to be checking himself in the mirror kind of is a guilt by association hatred. I don’t even know how I feel about Buck because Aikman just makes me hate everything and I can’t process that.

In the end, I just kind of hate announcers. It’s weird because the smaller name guys, I hardly remember. I know for sure I don’t like them, but it’s not enough to remember their face or name. The big ones really stand out, mostly in a bad way.

But Olsen and Tirico are best right now. They’re the only two I actually like listening to. Tirico always seems to have the best nuggets and Olsen appreciated tough, smart football, so I feel like we’re on the same page.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 10:50 AM
As far as media,

JT O’Sullivan, drafted as one of Favre’s backups on the early 2000’s is the top guy. He spent most of his career in New Orleans as a backup, but bounced around a lot. He breaks down QB play really, really well. He packs as much information in as possible, but somehow leaves out the really boring tiny details that would put you to sleep, like what percentage of your weight should be on the ball of your foot vs the heel. Some guys do that and it is a real snore fest. JT gets excited about good QB play, he gets pissed off at bad play, and he brings a ton of information without being boring. He’s the best.

Kurt Benkurt, who you might remember as the backup quarterback who kneeled down for a couple packer wins and showed his dirtied knee pic as evidence of the hard fought battle he was engaged in. He breaks down the passing concepts really well and does a lot of Jordan Love analysis. He’s kind of JT O’Sullivan lite. He basically does what JT does, but shortens it to the attention span of these younger generations who can’t handle watching a football game. They can only watch highlights. So it’s 4 minutes or less. But very informative in those 4 minutes.

MadtownPacker
01-09-2024, 12:28 PM
Are you really going to make me do this playoff weekend???

Joemailman
01-09-2024, 01:01 PM

Just get him back on his meds. I for one, am a very forgiving Catholic. :-D

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 03:13 PM
Betting angle. I like GB. Even if we are overmatched, how often have we seen fat mike allow a team back into a game.

Cleveland. Man that D is tough, and Flacco looks like prime Flacco.

Miami/KC over. This will be a bet that looks like a sure loser halfway through the 3rd quarter. Then the team that is behind will floor it and the team ahead will be forced to keep pace.

Pittsburg. Better coach. Allen seems to shrink. Double digits is just too much to lay in the cold.

Detroit. LA is that "darling" everyone forgets was pretty shitty a lot of the season. Detroit is the good team that played some tough matchups so people forget how good they were all season. If Detroit builds an early lead it likely goes under as well with Stafford getting hit on more than Tex's wife at the drive through.

How bad has Philly looked? But lets be honest. They just have way more talent. I expect them to get way up for this game, then lose next week after they "proved" to all the haters that the recent slump was a fluke.

RashanGary
01-09-2024, 03:31 PM
I’ll be shutting the fuck up about mildly inappropriate topics. Sorry guys. I don’t wanna be banned for the playoffs.

Fritz
01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
I've watched games on mute before. You really lose very little by not hearing the supposed "analysis" of the color guys, and if you know at least one of the teams, you don't need the play-by-play.

George Cumby
01-09-2024, 06:42 PM
Wooo!

Dolphins gonna' freeze in KC, Saturday night.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.1034&lon=-94.5831

Joemailman
01-09-2024, 07:32 PM
Wooo!

Dolphins gonna' freeze in KC, Saturday night.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.1034&lon=-94.5831

The ultimate test for the Swifties.

QBME
01-09-2024, 09:59 PM
I liked Collinsworth 10-15 years ago when he first got the Sunday night gig. I just thought he was always prepared. And around Green Bay there are a lot of Catholics. The guys are all raised to really present like they’re upstanding citizens and to succeed, but so many of the ones I know are snorting coke behind the scenes and using their catholic raised prosperity to gamble and bang chicks on the side. I don’t even know if Collinsworth is catholic, but he seems like that kind of guy and culturally, watching him always felt like being at home in green bay with the sneaky catholic boys we have here.

But I get bored of these guys fast. And now he puts me to sleep.

Romo was really cool with his predicting plays thing. I’ve never seen that. And I think him doing that made his humor and annoying voice more tolerable. But his schtick ran out even faster than Collinsworths.

Aikman is the worst, although Buck is somewhat tolerable. Buck has such a way of being a proper uptight white guy and faking enthusiasm that I don’t even like him much. But being along side Aikman who always seems to be checking himself in the mirror kind of is a guilt by association hatred. I don’t even know how I feel about Buck because Aikman just makes me hate everything and I can’t process that.

In the end, I just kind of hate announcers. It’s weird because the smaller name guys, I hardly remember. I know for sure I don’t like them, but it’s not enough to remember their face or name. The big ones really stand out, mostly in a bad way.

But Olsen and Tirico are best right now. They’re the only two I actually like listening to. Tirico always seems to have the best nuggets and Olsen appreciated tough, smart football, so I feel like we’re on the same page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0zEX8h17eA

Just sayin'

QBME
01-09-2024, 10:14 PM
Me and Frank looking straight down the barrel of banishment.

Ah, well.....

call_me_ishmael
01-09-2024, 11:58 PM

LOL

BrokenArrow
01-10-2024, 08:56 AM
As far as media,

JT O’Sullivan, drafted as one of Favre’s backups on the early 2000’s is the top guy. He spent most of his career in New Orleans as a backup, but bounced around a lot. He breaks down QB play really, really well. He packs as much information in as possible, but somehow leaves out the really boring tiny details that would put you to sleep, like what percentage of your weight should be on the ball of your foot vs the heel. Some guys do that and it is a real snore fest. JT gets excited about good QB play, he gets pissed off at bad play, and he brings a ton of information without being boring. He’s the best.

Kurt Benkurt, who you might remember as the backup quarterback who kneeled down for a couple packer wins and showed his dirtied knee pic as evidence of the hard fought battle he was engaged in. He breaks down the passing concepts really well and does a lot of Jordan Love analysis. He’s kind of JT O’Sullivan lite. He basically does what JT does, but shortens it to the attention span of these younger generations who can’t handle watching a football game. They can only watch highlights. So it’s 4 minutes or less. But very informative in those 4 minutes.

I like Mike Wahle's breakdowns best. He throws in a lot of insights, especially on the line, obviously, that those guys don't pick up on or at least that they don't talk about. He hasn't been doing it long but his content is excellent.

RashanGary
01-10-2024, 10:39 AM
I like Mike Wahle's breakdowns best. He throws in a lot of insights, especially on the line, obviously, that those guys don't pick up on or at least that they don't talk about. He hasn't been doing it long but his content is excellent.

Oh wow, never heard him. I didn’t know he landed one of those gigs. Hopefully he calls a packers game next year.

BrokenArrow
01-10-2024, 12:56 PM
Oh wow, never heard him. I didn’t know he landed one of those gigs. Hopefully he calls a packers game next year.

No, I'm talking about his YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/@process2perform75

Fritz
01-10-2024, 01:01 PM
These next two weekends - especially next weekend - are the best weekends for NFL football all year long. Playoff game after playoff game. It's like having endless lines of coke laid out in front of you.

RashanGary
01-10-2024, 01:46 PM
No, I'm talking about his YT channel.

https://www.youtube.com/@process2perform75

I’ll check it out. JT Osullivan is awesome too. It’s the guys who build up on YouTube and other avenues who really bring the amazing content. Mainstream sports journalism is hot takes and drama. But us football guys just love talking ball. It’s so nice that people can get out there now and make money without having to push the corporate sports media content.

George Cumby
01-10-2024, 03:26 PM
I’ll check it out. JT Osullivan is awesome too. It’s the guys who build up on YouTube and other avenues who really bring the amazing content. Mainstream sports journalism is hot takes and drama. But us football guys just love talking ball. It’s so nice that people can get out there now and make money without having to push the corporate sports media content.

Has JT dropped J.LO Week 18? I can't find it.

RashanGary
01-10-2024, 05:44 PM

I paid for it on patreon. $5 per month

Joemailman
01-12-2024, 08:40 AM
They're talking -30 wind chills in Kansas City Saturday night.

BrokenArrow
01-12-2024, 10:55 AM

Can we not do this "J Lo" shit with him? FFS his name is short enough and there's no reason to give him the same lame nickname as some skanky hoe.

RashanGary
01-12-2024, 11:18 AM
I kind of regret signing up with patreon by just clicking my Apple ID and letting it auto setup. I should have done the old user name and password so I could give out my handle to a couple people.

But I’ll summarize….. I watched JTs newest break downs of Tua and of Love. Tua had a weaker arm and has to set his feet to drive the ball. JT just drools over Tua. There wasn’t one great anticipation throw on the Tua tape. He kept looking for opportunities to highlight one, but they weren’t there. JT is convinced Tua plays a great game and anticipated as well as anyone. He couldn’t find reasons for it in the tape but summarizes Tua as a great QB.

Love throws fade aways. JT is starting to say it works, but still falls back on condemning it despite Loved ridiculously high completion percentage from the game. When he talks about Loves big time anticipation throws and big time off schedule throws, he’s blown away in the moment, but never gets around to summarizing Love as a great player the way he does with Tua.

In short, in the moment, JT is blown away by love. Love had a great game, but JT still isn’t convinced Love his him.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 04:39 PM
Can we not do this "J Lo" shit with him? FFS his name is short enough and there's no reason to give him the same lame nickname as some skanky hoe.
Yeah man you are right. Can’t be calling him some hoe’s name.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 04:43 PM
They're talking -30 wind chills in Kansas City Saturday night.
The only thing colder is the fact it’s not on regular tv for all to watch. That’s some NBA type of BS.

Joemailman
01-12-2024, 04:49 PM
The only thing colder is the fact it’s not on regular tv for all to watch. That’s some NBA type of BS.

Reports are NBC paid $110 million for exclusive rights to stream the game on Peacock. Wonder if it will pay off?

Bretsky
01-12-2024, 04:55 PM
Reports are NBC paid $110 million for exclusive rights to stream the game on Peacock. Wonder if it will pay off?

I hate F'ckin PCock

They steal Badgers games as well.

No way am I supporting that shit show. I'm not watching

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 04:58 PM
They must be expecting all the swifties to tune in. It is the first time the NFL has done this right?

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 05:00 PM
I hate F'ckin PCock

No way am I supporting that shit show. I'm not watchingLies. You will either steal the stream or sign up and cancel the next day.

I got it for .99 a month for a year on Black Friday so I’m covered. But soon all the first round will not be on regular tv like NBA.

Joemailman
01-12-2024, 05:06 PM
Lies. You will either steal the stream or sign up and cancel the next day.

I got it for .99 a month for a year on Black Friday so I’m covered. But soon all the first round will not be on regular tv like NBA.

Peacock Student Discount

Get Peacock Premium for only $5.99 $1.99/mo. for 12 months.
Stream the Peacock Wild Card Exclusive: Dolphins vs. Chiefs Saturday, Jan 13 at 8pm ET* only on Peacock.

Annual student verification required.

Will you verify I am a student at Packerrats University?

KYPack
01-12-2024, 05:07 PM

NFL is experiencing strong blowback against this move.

They did this rollout terribly and should have done it in a more positive fashion.

George Cumby
01-12-2024, 05:10 PM
Yeah man you are right. Can’t be calling him some hoe’s name.

J.Ho?

Bretsky
01-12-2024, 05:15 PM

I am seriously not watching

Bretsky
01-12-2024, 05:17 PM
LATE BADGER BASKETBALL GAME I ATTENDED THIS YEAR..........BEST SIGN EVER[/
SIZE]

Hot chick holding it up
[SIZE=7]
I"M ONLY HEAR BECAUSE I HATE PEACOCK

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 06:21 PM
Will you verify I am a student at Packerrats University?Doing the math it is probably worth it to sign up for one class. Between the Sunday ticket discount and all the streaming discounts it could pay off big.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 06:23 PM
NFL is experiencing strong blowback against this move.

They did this rollout terribly and should have done it in a more positive fashion.
Im pretty sure it’s Taylor Swifts fault.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 06:23 PM
J.Ho?
Exactly. Love machine is my favorite.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 06:24 PM
LATE BADGER BASKETBALL GAME I ATTENDED THIS YEAR..........BEST SIGN EVER[/
SIZE]

Hot chick holding it up
[SIZE=7]
I"M ONLY HEAR BECAUSE I HATE PEACOCKI would have stood next to her and made a quick sign saying “but she loves all the other kind”

George Cumby
01-12-2024, 06:28 PM

I'm liking Big Love, myself.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2024, 06:31 PM
That would be after winning some big games. Might get your chance real soon.

George Cumby
01-12-2024, 07:20 PM
That would be after winning some big games. Might get your chance real soon.

It's coming.

texaspackerbacker
01-12-2024, 07:31 PM

Big Love For Six!

call_me_ishmael
01-12-2024, 11:38 PM
I saw the Kris Jenkins Jr is going to be drafted so I thought to myself "Hmm, I wonder what Cullen Jenkins is up to" so I googled him, and I landed on his instagram page and he has only like 1500 followers and seems like a normal person. I sort of love it. That's success right there. Made millions, has his health, blends in with the crowd and lives a normal life.

https://www.instagram.com/c_jenks77/

George Cumby
01-13-2024, 08:57 AM
I saw the Kris Jenkins Jr is going to be drafted so I thought to myself "Hmm, I wonder what Cullen Jenkins is up to" so I googled him, and I landed on his instagram page and he has only like 1500 followers and seems like a normal person. I sort of love it. That's success right there. Made millions, has his health, blends in with the crowd and lives a normal life.

https://www.instagram.com/c_jenks77/

Yup. Looks like a normal dude, living a good life.

Fritz
01-13-2024, 10:05 AM

Even got a clip of you singing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkjydi6-Y5w

I'm on board with"Love Machine," or "Love Ma-cheen." Anything but J-Lo.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 11:40 AM
Jason B. Hirschhorn
@by_JBH

The Steelers-Bills wild-card game has been postponed to Monday at 4:30 p.m. ET, according to New York Gov. Kathy Hochul.

The game was originally set to kick off Sunday at 1 p.m. ET.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 11:57 AM

He's so good in Packers motion offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGXSRISBu3Y

bobblehead
01-13-2024, 02:45 PM
I kind of like Love to Romeo....A bromance story.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2024, 04:04 PM
Even got a clip of you singing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkjydi6-Y5w

I'm on board with"Love Machine," or "Love Ma-cheen." Anything but J-Lo.Possibly my favorite movie scene ever! The “Love Machine” is the old skool Impala in my avatar.

So who is Chong? Has to be APB.:

https://youtu.be/1YVcDCvHiIo?si=7flyZLpHlNvWtF1Y

MadtownPacker
01-13-2024, 04:07 PM
He's so good in Packers motion offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGXSRISBu3Y
How awesome would it be if Love and WRs did a pregame thing like this? :lol:

Thanks for the inspiration I will blast this tomorrow before the game.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2024, 04:24 PM
Probably an old guy thing but I’m rooting for Flacco.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 04:57 PM
Browns defense looking like less than advertised.

Bretsky
01-13-2024, 05:09 PM
Besides tonight, are any of the other playoff games on "only" the PCock ?

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 05:28 PM
Besides tonight, are any of the other playoff games on "only" the PCock ?

I don't think so.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 05:32 PM
I hate F'ckin PCock

No way am I supporting that shit show. I'm not watching

I'm not either. Obviously I could afford it. But every person who subscribes to Peacock today is encouraging even more of this in the future.

Teamcheez1
01-13-2024, 06:11 PM
Peacock is included with my Xfinity service. No complaints from me.

red
01-13-2024, 06:38 PM
the KC miami game looks to be an epic Ice Bowl type game

too bad that the NFL is allowing it to be shown on a streaming service few people have

what a complete waste

FUCK THE NFL and its future

Teamcheez1
01-13-2024, 06:47 PM
All the entitled Wisconsin people are used to getting their Packer games on local tv for free every weekend. For half the games, I either have to subscribe to Sunday ticket or go to a sports bar.

So a game is behind a paywall. Welcome to the real world.

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I paid the 6. One month, whatever.

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:18 PM
I’ll be really disappointed if they got to pay per view or some shit.

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:32 PM
Not being homophobic here, but the way these guys act in the commercials is really feminine. Don’t get it.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 07:33 PM
If you're wondering why they moved the Buffalo game to Monday:

.Heavy lake effect snow and very strong winds expected.
Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet in the most persistent
lake snows, with local amounts approaching 3 feet where the
bands persist the longest. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph early
in the event will diminish late tonight. Blizzard conditions
will be possible at times, especially tonight and

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:35 PM
If you're wondering why they moved the Buffalo game to Monday:

.Heavy lake effect snow and very strong winds expected.
Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet in the most persistent
lake snows, with local amounts approaching 3 feet where the
bands persist the longest. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph early
in the event will diminish late tonight. Blizzard conditions
will be possible at times, especially tonight and

Joe, this is freaking crazy

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1746315511976153559?s=42&t=nQImf8h3Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:36 PM
I made a batch of chili for my mom’s house. Cant wait!!

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:38 PM
Guys who don’t wear sleeves in -20 wind chill are dumb asses. Very light weight sleeves make a big difference. I’m a northerner, upper Michigan growing up. People comment on how light im dressed every winter. Cold doesn’t bother me much. But it’s idiotic to not have light weight sleeves in -20 wind chill.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 07:49 PM

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1746315511976153559?s=42&t=nQImf8h3Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

Tough to kick a field goal.

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 08:01 PM
Tough to kick a field goal.

Tough to not die too. Sub zero temps with freaking waves of water on the field. I don’t think anyone would survive being wet for 3 hours in that.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 08:18 PM
Tough to not die too. Sub zero temps with freaking waves of water on the field. I don’t think anyone would survive being wet for 3 hours in that.

I wonder what that field is going to be like. It's artificial turf so they can push the water off. But can they get all the moisture out of it so it's not icy? It's gonna be about 20 degrees at game time on Monday.

MadScientist
01-13-2024, 08:33 PM

That wasn't waves of water, it was the tarp flapping in the wind.

George Cumby
01-13-2024, 08:34 PM

NGL, it would be epic to play a game in that shit.

George Cumby
01-13-2024, 08:38 PM
Guys who don’t wear sleeves in -20 wind chill are dumb asses. Very light weight sleeves make a big difference. I’m a northerner, upper Michigan growing up. People comment on how light im dressed every winter. Cold doesn’t bother me much. But it’s idiotic to not have light weight sleeves in -20 wind chill.

Agreed. Even with all the supports, temperatures this low are dangerous. Mental toughness is great but doesn't change the realities of convective heat loss. Not to mention the impact on performance.

There's gonna be a lot of frost bite cases coming out of that stadium tonight.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 09:07 PM
One thing I learned delivering mail in extreme cold weather is how much energy your body burns trying to stay warm. Was always much more tired after working an extremely cold day than I was after working a hot day. Obviously it's a balancing act between dressing for warmth and maintaining dexterity and mobility. But guys running around with no sleeves doesn't make sense.

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 09:12 PM
Glad you guys agree about the sleeves. They should consult us locals. Were used to this shit and we can help them make practical decisions. I always thought Rodgers dressed really well for the cold. The turtleneck helps.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2024, 09:38 PM
Chiefs asking to get eliminated and Miami can’t answer.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2024, 09:39 PM
I have always been of the belief that someone is gonna get upset at home the first weekend. We need to the chiefs to win so the odds are higher tomorrow.

Doesn’t peacock let you cancel in 7 days? :lol:

bobblehead
01-13-2024, 10:51 PM
No 7 seed has won since they went to the extra wildcard team. Lets make history (unless Pitt beats us to it in the early game.)

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 11:12 PM
No 7 seed has won since they went to the extra wildcard team. Lets make history (unless Pitt beats us to it in the early game.)

Hasn't one?

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 09:29 AM
I have always been of the belief that someone is gonna get upset at home the first weekend. We need to the chiefs to win so the odds are higher tomorrow.

Doesn’t peacock let you cancel in 7 days? :lol:

Yes. We bought a month and immediately cancelled.

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 10:26 AM
After watching that game, I now understand why the rest of the AFC hates Mahomes. Fuck that guy.

Fritz
01-14-2024, 10:41 AM
After watching that game, I now understand why the rest of the AFC hates Mahomes. Fuck that guy.

Why? What did you see that you disliked so much?

As for the Bills' game, it als would've been near-impossible for the fans in the stands to even see the damn game.

And after that red-hot start, boy, did the Dolphins sink.

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 11:09 AM
^ That run by the goal-line when he looked like he was going to slide, the DB pulled back and he kept running. The take by the rest of the AFC fans (source: NFL subReddit, PFT before they killed comments), is he gets a shit-ton of preferential treatment/calls.

I've paid more attention to it since it hit my radar and I don't disagree.

Fritz
01-14-2024, 11:27 AM
So he's working the system, it sounds like.

Maybe one of those times he'll pretend he's going to slide, and the DB will pretend he's letting up, and when Mahomey keeps running the DB will hit him, legally and hard.

bobblehead
01-14-2024, 12:29 PM
^ That run by the goal-line when he looked like he was going to slide, the DB pulled back and he kept running. The take by the rest of the AFC fans (source: NFL subReddit, PFT before they killed comments), is he gets a shit-ton of preferential treatment/calls.

I've paid more attention to it since it hit my radar and I don't disagree.

He isn't the only QB to do that. Even Love did it on the sideline once this season. I am all for protecting the QB in the pocket, but if he takes off running he should be fair game. If he doesn't want to get hit he has to slide VERY early imo. Same as a RB would have to do.

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 07:29 PM
Lions fans booing Stafford. I now want the Rams to win. Jesus.

smuggler
01-14-2024, 07:31 PM
Not being homophobic here, but the way these guys act in the commercials is really feminine. Don’t get it.

The future is dickless. Didn't you hear?

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 08:10 PM

Me too. Won't happen though. Lions can move the ball against Rams defense.

MadScientist
01-14-2024, 08:18 PM
Rams moving the ball on the Lions just as well.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 08:43 PM
Rams moving the ball on the Lions just as well.

They are. Stafford is as tough as they come.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 09:47 PM
How the hell did Puka Nakua last until the 5th round?

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2024, 10:17 PM
Lions beat the Rams. I don't really give a shit about either of those teams, but the Lions win keeps my ESPN pick 'em bracket clean.

red
01-15-2024, 02:51 PM
fucking classy of the bills today

instead of paying people to shovel out the stadium, they asked for volunteers, who did almost nothing but fuck around.

now fans are showing up an hour before the game and having to dig 3 feet of snow out of their seats with their hands

QBME
01-15-2024, 05:00 PM
fucking classy of the bills today

instead of paying people to shovel out the stadium, they asked for volunteers, who did almost nothing but fuck around.

now fans are showing up an hour before the game and having to dig 3 feet of snow out of their seats with their hands

Another example of American rights to vent without facts.
The Bills were paying $20/hour including breaks and food.
Had to bring your own shovel.
Travel ban hamstrung the effort that was to start 10 PM yesterday.
Everyone shoveling today was recompensed.

Fritz
01-15-2024, 05:09 PM

Stay classy, Detroit.

George Cumby
01-15-2024, 05:16 PM
Stay classy, Detroit.

I've always wondered about your animus for Detroit and their fans. I now understand.

Fritz
01-15-2024, 05:40 PM
I've always wondered about your animus for Detroit and their fans. I now understand.

Yeah, they have a good team every thirty years or so, and when it happens, they get really arrogant and nasty. I saw it in the 90’s. They were fucking insufferable. Make Eagles fans look like civil people.

So fuggem. And their mothers. And anybody who looks like them.

red
01-15-2024, 06:33 PM
Another example of American rights to vent without facts.
The Bills were paying $20/hour including breaks and food.
Had to bring your own shovel.
Travel ban hamstrung the effort that was to start 10 PM yesterday.
Everyone shoveling today was recompensed.

tv kept saying they were asking for volunteers

they still had all day to remove the snow, but the stadium was barely touched

MadtownPacker
01-15-2024, 07:42 PM
It because they paid hourly. Should have went Home Depot style and paid by the job.

RashanGary
01-15-2024, 07:50 PM
Looks like probably Detroit or Tampa after we spank the 9ers hairy bootys.

RashanGary
01-15-2024, 07:55 PM
Looks like Joe Barry isn’t the only DC to get carved up by Baker and the legitimate buccaneers. Almost like NFL players are pretty good and can have good days, especially when another team is decimated in their secondary or other area of their defense. Hmmm….

But we know for certain it’s all Joe Barry. Defense bad some games. Barry bad. There’s nothing more to it.

smuggler
01-15-2024, 08:08 PM
Mayfield is actually healthy this year. In the past, he's made the incorrect decision to play through injuries. Nobody cares if you're hurt. They only care if you perform. He's not gifted enough to throw with a bum shoulder.

RashanGary
01-15-2024, 08:14 PM
The eagles players aren’t tackling the elite athletes on the buccaneers. Fire Siriani.

red
01-15-2024, 08:51 PM
Mayfield is actually healthy this year. In the past, he's made the incorrect decision to play through injuries. Nobody cares if you're hurt. They only care if you perform. He's not gifted enough to throw with a bum shoulder.

like they mentioned during the game, the guy has had 8 head coaches in the NFL

and being a brown doesn't help anyones career

red
01-15-2024, 08:52 PM
Should have went Home Depot style and paid by the job.

i don't know if they have too many mexicans in buffalo

call_me_ishmael
01-15-2024, 09:04 PM
Anybody think Brady is watching this team and ready to sign up for next week? The D is legit.

call_me_ishmael
01-15-2024, 09:28 PM
Todd Balls is going to look so much better in Tampa than the shit org that is AZ. I honestly wouldn't want to face them. They're hella tough with that D.

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 09:32 PM
Looking like the Eagles second half of the season collapse is complete.

ThunderDan
01-15-2024, 09:41 PM
Looks like Joe Barry isn’t the only DC to get carved up by Baker and the legitimate buccaneers. Almost like NFL players are pretty good and can have good days, especially when another team is decimated in their secondary or other area of their defense. Hmmm….

But we know for certain it’s all Joe Barry. Defense bad some games. Barry bad. There’s nothing more to it.

You do know the Eagles have been in free fall the last 6 weeks of the season. The finished the last 6 weeks 1-5.

KYPack
01-15-2024, 09:42 PM
The Iggles look like a bigger collapse than Jerry's boys. The drums are beating for them to can the coach if they lose to the Bucs, which appears imminent.

ThunderDan
01-15-2024, 09:43 PM
The eagles players aren’t tackling the elite athletes on the buccaneers. Fire Siriani.

Eagles were in the Super Bowl last year so I am guessing Siriani is safe.

smuggler
01-15-2024, 09:47 PM
Down sixteen points, Iggies accept a penalty that wipes away their field goal and then fail to score any points. Still down 16. I would've been okay with a FG as a Philly fan.

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 10:26 PM
Rams/Lions game only close contest of wildcard round.

call_me_ishmael
01-15-2024, 10:36 PM
Tampa is gonna Molly whomp Detroit.

Fritz
01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Tampa is gonna Molly whomp Detroit.

I didn't know what a "Molly whomp" was, so I looked it up.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN742trnjvtWc_pfZx44qdKZ3jW0z_b EFxFA&usqp=CAU

Hi Molly!

George Cumby
01-16-2024, 08:33 AM
I didn't know what a "Molly whomp" was, so I looked it up.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN742trnjvtWc_pfZx44qdKZ3jW0z_b EFxFA&usqp=CAU

Hi Molly!

I had to do an image search, inspired by you, here's what I found:

http://www.revelleution.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/049_MOLLY_03152004jg_0008-b3ed2623f713ba47d5ee718648a2572c-1024x1024.jpg

run pMc
01-16-2024, 09:47 AM
You do know the Eagles have been in free fall the last 6 weeks of the season. The finished the last 6 weeks 1-5.

Jalen Hurts looked bad. The difference in poise compared to Jordan Love was noticable.
Hurts was frustrated and had no answers for the blitzes TB threw, had bad body language, and just in general looked off his game. I haven't watched PHI lately, is this how they've been? They started out 10-1 and went into a tailspin, but I'm not sure why.
AJ Brown is good but wow they didn't really have many other answers, which is very strange. Also, their OL was supposed to be top 5, and they got worked. Running game looked bad, I think it was supposed to be RPO or read option based but Hurts didn't look like he wanted to run. TB was covering the receivers well but without AJ Brown they looked iffy.

Going 0/9 on 3rd down doesn't help.
PHI's defense looked like Joe Barry was coaching it. Open receivers, poor tackling, players not communicating.

Saw some players (on O and D) just standing around or not really hustling. PHI looked like a team that didn't want to play, or that hate each other when they do. Not good.
Was a bad collapse and for as much nonsense about McCarthy getting fired, you really wonder about the lack of fight from Sirianni's team.

Congrats to TB. Baker looked... decent actually, and that defense was on fire. If they can smother the run and get that kind of pressure on Goff they will beat DET.

Joemailman
01-16-2024, 09:58 AM
A lot of people in and around Philly are pointing to the loss of Shane Steichen. He was their OC in 2021-2022 and left to become the HC in Indy. But that doesn't explain how they went from 10-1 to 11-7 this year. Got blown out by 49ers and seemed like they never recovered. Failed to score 20 points in 5 of their last 7 games.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2024, 10:03 AM
I watched it and Hurts got figured out in that miners game. The announcers even said it would be a blueprint for beating eagles.

Hurts just can’t make reads.

George Cumby
01-16-2024, 10:12 AM
Eagles will has been broken over the last few weeks. They just looked disinterested and bad.

Joemailman
01-16-2024, 10:43 AM
Wonder what they'll do now. They're stuck with Hurts for 3 years at least because of the way they've structured his contract. https://overthecap.com/player/jalen-hurts/8793Brian Johnson, the OC, was Hurts' QB coach, so they've worked together a long time. Some think Sirianni's job could be in jeopardy. Hard to believe that's the case 1 year after nearly winning the Super Bowl.

George Cumby
01-16-2024, 12:08 PM
Wonder what they'll do now. They're stuck with Hurts for 3 years at least because of the way they've structured his contract. https://overthecap.com/player/jalen-hurts/8793Brian Johnson, the OC, was Hurts' QB coach, so they've worked together a long time. Some think Sirianni's job could be in jeopardy. Hard to believe that's the case 1 year after nearly winning the Super Bowl.

Didn't they fire Pederson shortly after winning the 'Owl?

Joemailman
01-16-2024, 01:02 PM
Didn't they fire Pederson shortly after winning the 'Owl?

Pederson was fired 3 years after winning it all. And it was after a 4-11-1 season that he got fired.

George Cumby
01-16-2024, 02:47 PM
Pederson was fired 3 years after winning it all. And it was after a 4-11-1 season that he got fired.

KK. I thought it was the second year post SB. The older I get, the more shit blends, *sigh*.

Joemailman
03-09-2024, 04:40 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Some of the people who attended the record cold Chiefs playoff game in January had to undergo amputations after suffering frostbite, a Missouri hospital said Friday.

Research Medical Center didn't provide exact numbers but said in a statement that it treated dozens of people who had experienced frostbite during an 11-day cold snap in January. Twelve of those people -- including some who were at the Jan. 13 game -- had to undergo amputations involving mostly fingers and toes. The hospital said more surgeries are expected over the next two to four weeks as "injuries evolve."

The University of Kansas hospital said it also treated frostbite victims after the game but didn't report any amputations.

Frozen Tundra
03-09-2024, 08:39 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Some of the people who attended the record cold Chiefs playoff game in January had to undergo amputations after suffering frostbite, a Missouri hospital said Friday.

Research Medical Center didn't provide exact numbers but said in a statement that it treated dozens of people who had experienced frostbite during an 11-day cold snap in January. Twelve of those people -- including some who were at the Jan. 13 game -- had to undergo amputations involving mostly fingers and toes. The hospital said more surgeries are expected over the next two to four weeks as "injuries evolve."

The University of Kansas hospital said it also treated frostbite victims after the game but didn't report any amputations.

Candyasses. Ain't got nothin' on the Ice Bowl; none of em died.

Fritz
03-10-2024, 05:34 AM
I’m thinking of Janet Jackson.
What have you done for me lately?
Man. Just a year ago, they were lauding the GM as a genius and talking dynasty.

bobblehead
03-11-2024, 10:34 AM

Yep. That was when he pulled Hurts from the final game in a tank move that I would bet was "agreed" upon by the guys who threw him under the bus and fired him for because the NFL was pissed.