PDA

View Full Version : WHO DEVELOPS INTO the NUMBER ONE WIDE RECEIVER in GB ?

Bretsky
01-13-2024, 07:57 AM
Matty Flower had an interesting interview. He implied it's nice not to have a true number one WR because he's been a part of teams in the past where QB's would try to force the ball to the @1 when they should have been throwing to the open WR instead.

Wilde and Tausch were arguing about this; so I'm stealing this idea for a poll.

Which WR on our roster, and you can only choose one, best develops into our Number 1 WR

Maybe the 100 catch guy with at least similar, or more yards to the next ?.

Bretsky
01-13-2024, 08:01 AM
I'd add, Wilde and Tausch, could not agree on the answer

Vincenzo
01-13-2024, 08:32 AM
Reed, his yards after the catch are amazing. He runs like the wind.

George Cumby
01-13-2024, 08:54 AM
Yes, no, all of the above.

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 09:02 AM
I said Reed. On top of being fast, having really good hands and playing bigger than his stature, I think he’s incredibly smart. I think over time, Love is going to have a special chemistry with him.

Physically, I think Wicks has the skillset that leads to volume numbers.

Watson is a big play guy, but he’s also very savvy in the red zone. He might end up with the most touchdowns.

But as the go to guy, most yards, I think it’s Reed.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 09:48 AM
I think it's Wicks. His combination of good size and great route running remind me so much of Adams. Guys the size of Reed don't become #1 guys that often. He's fast, but not Tyreek Hill fast. He's not as great a route runner as Jennings was. Watson isn't a factor until he proves he can stay in the lineup.

Fritz
01-13-2024, 10:09 AM
I think Watson has the most physical potential to be that guy, but who knows if he will ever get his career untracked? He's an injury waiting to happen, so far.

So I voted Wicks. He's got the build and the attitude. Reed is I think too slight to be that guy, and as someone else said, the slot guy is not often that guy.

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 10:22 AM
I was torn between wicks and reed. Definitely, the size is a problem for Reed, but I like the savvy and speed. Kind of Jennings like that way.

red
01-13-2024, 10:52 AM
i honestly have no clue, i'd say doubs is in the running too

reed could very well turn into a tyrek hill type of player, watson just can't stay healthy, and wicks has the potential but so far has a small body of work

at this point i've seen the most out of reed followed by wicks

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2024, 11:42 AM
Why do we even need a clear #1? All have been excellent so far. Keep the other teams guessing, then target whoever gets weaker coverage.

I voted for Watson because he still has the highest ceiling and hopefully gets over the injury thing. For now, they should use him lightly, a decoy and occasional hit on a deep pass.

Reed reminds me of C.D. Lamb. Is he as fast? Maybe, time will tell. Is Wicks the next Davante? He shows signs. He reminds me more of Michael Irvin, though, which is almost as good. Hell yeah, Doubs should be on the list too.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 12:16 PM
I don't see Doubs. Doesn't get separation often enough to be a #1. He may have a year like Jones had in 2012 when he led the NFL in TD's, but not likely to be the #1 guy.

sharpe1027
01-13-2024, 12:31 PM
I'm confused by the definition of #1 WR.

If it's the guy most likely to catch more passes, then it's gotta be Reed for me. He gets open and makes plays with the ball.

If it's a guy you throw when not necessarily open, that's not Reed. I'd go with Wicks or Watson.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 12:40 PM

If it's the guy most likely to catch more passes, then it's gotta be Reed for me. He gets open and makes plays with the ball.

If it's a guy you throw when not necessarily open, that's not Reed. I'd go with Wicks or Watson.

I think #1 is determined by 2 things:

Who is the guy the QB wants to go to when he absolutely has to have a completion?
Who is the guy the opponent is most concerned about?

bobblehead
01-13-2024, 02:43 PM
I mean, if the injury situation clears up in his future its Watson and its not close. I love the depth and balance, but Watson is just a different kind of athlete. If he learns how to prepare his body for the NFL season and stays healthy the sky is the limit.

But I'm in the camp of throwing it to who is open. I hope Love just continues to run the offense. I don't care if Melton McFuckDoggle is the guy who is open, thats where I want the ball going.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2024, 04:09 PM
This a ridiculous poll. It’s obvious it’s going to be a rookie WR from next year. The one the Rodgers pick is used on.

Bretsky
01-13-2024, 04:21 PM
i honestly have no clue, i'd say doubs is in the running too

r:crazy:

:)

Bretsky
01-13-2024, 04:23 PM

I struggled with the exact definition as well. I had started to define it, but instead decided to leave it out to spur on more debate.

ROUGH stats I was going to throw out where perhaps, a 90-100 catch season/ 14-1500 yards

Bretsky
01-13-2024, 04:24 PM
FYI

Wilde thinks it's Wicks

Taucher started the answer with Reed, and then flipped his choice to Watson

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:07 PM
I really like Reed. Wicks too though. And Watson. It’s a toss up. I think Reed is the most sure bet.

Joemailman
01-13-2024, 07:17 PM
I struggled with the exact definition as well. I had started to define it, but instead decided to leave it out to spur on more debate.

ROUGH stats I was going to throw out where perhaps, a 90-100 catch season/ 14-1500 yards

1400-1500 is too high a bar. Only 5 guys in the entire NFL had 1400+. I think 1200 would be more like it.

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:19 PM
1400-1500 is too high a bar. Only 5 guys in the entire NFL had 1400+. I think 1200 would be more like it.

1200 and 10 touchdowns is definitely a #1

RashanGary
01-13-2024, 07:21 PM
Davante is a borderline HOFer and he’s only gone over 1200 and 10 4 times in 10 years.

sharpe1027
01-13-2024, 08:39 PM
Does this sound right?

Reed is most likely to get lots of touches and make plays after the catch.

Wicks is more likey to be they guy to fight for the 50-50 ball.

Watson is more likely to beat everyone deep and go up and get a short TD pass jump ball.

Pick which one is your #1, but you want them all on the field.

George Cumby
01-13-2024, 08:40 PM
This a ridiculous poll. It’s obvious it’s going to be a rookie WR from next year. The one the Rodgers pick is used on.

Hahahahahahaha.

red
01-14-2024, 03:10 PM
because we are so deep at WR, do we trade one or 2 away, and when? (probably not this offseason)

RashanGary
01-14-2024, 03:22 PM
because we are so deep at WR, do we trade one or 2 away, and when? (probably not this offseason)

Probably, if they all go the way they’re going. 2nd round pick is better than a 3rd compensatory.

smuggler
01-14-2024, 03:39 PM
Could be a 1A, 1B between Reed and Wicks. I lean more toward Wicks, because he's been better against man coverage, but they've both been good and things like that can change a lot year-to-year.