Joemailman
01-14-2024, 07:01 PM
Jordan Love - 16/21, 272 yards, 3 TD's, 157.2 passer rating

Romeo Doubs - 6 catches, 151 yards, 1 TD. First career 100 yard game

Aaron Jones - 118 rushing yards, 3 TD's

Luke Musgrave - 3 catches, 52 yards, 1 TD

Savage - 64 yard pick 6

Defense - 2 INT's and 4 sacks.

Packers remain unbeaten in Jerruh's palace.

red
01-14-2024, 07:07 PM
history won't remember this being as dominate of a win as it really was

Sparkey
01-14-2024, 07:14 PM
Jordan Love:

Happy go Lucky.
Cool hand Luke.
Patient assassin.
Cowboy Killer.
Proud Bears owner.

Loving it.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 07:43 PM
Anybody know what Jaire's injury was. Reinjure the ankle?

MadScientist
01-14-2024, 08:12 PM
Anybody know what Jaire's injury was. Reinjure the ankle?

looked like it on the replay.

MadScientist
01-14-2024, 08:16 PM
That last incomplete pass prevented Love from having a perfect rating.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 08:17 PM
Last time Packers scored 48 points in a playoff game, went on to win the Super Bowl. 48 points is the most the Packers have ever scored in a playoff game.

Freak Out
01-14-2024, 08:21 PM
Mailman I hear you all the time asking questions on Packer Transplants.

red
01-14-2024, 08:22 PM
That last incomplete pass prevented Love from having a perfect rating.

i noticed that too

sucks bad for him

Freak Out
01-14-2024, 08:23 PM
What a game and what a team. Even the defense was ok until they started Barry Ball at the end. Dak sucked balls though. Lance is probably going to start next year and Dak is traded.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 08:30 PM
Mailman I hear you all the time asking questions on Packer Transplants.

Yeah, Nagler's fun to discuss Packers with.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 08:31 PM
Wrong!
https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/419905243_7051069858335654_3306598718413494623_n.j pg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_ohc=ez5galkR9FQAX9540Qh&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=00_AfD-P3T7ck1q9x3STIA7F0UB262ne_P80sq1DeH1ry_nbw&oe=65AA4423

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Hahahahahaha.

smuggler
01-14-2024, 08:37 PM
What a game and what a team. Even the defense was ok until they started Barry Ball at the end. Dak sucked balls though. Lance is probably going to start next year and Dak is traded.

Lance is way worse. Dude just can't read defenses. Dak's first interception was kind of bad luck. Second one was a a bonehead play. One that Campbell dropped at the end of the half was pretty damn bad, too.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 08:45 PM
Maybe a trade of Dak for Tua.

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 08:54 PM
In case you missed Johnson's insane half-time rant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMylmv18MT8

bobblehead
01-14-2024, 09:01 PM
Yea, Johnson looked like he was near tears....good!

Romeo. What a game. Every time they needed a big catch he was there. My new thing....Love - Romeo, a Bromance.

I mentioned how the Bears game would decide if this mimicked 2009 or 2010. Well, exactly 48 in the wildcard round. Team playing through a ton of injuries and guys just stepping up. I think we know the answer.

ThunderDan
01-14-2024, 09:16 PM

Romeo. What a game. Every time they needed a big catch he was there. My new thing....Love - Romeo, a Bromance.

I mentioned how the Bears game would decide if this mimicked 2009 or 2010. Well, exactly 48 in the wildcard round. Team playing through a ton of injuries and guys just stepping up. I think we know the answer.
Zombo!!!

RashanGary
01-14-2024, 09:22 PM

A win next week and that 10k looks in reach for you.

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2024, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Nagler's fun to discuss Packers with.

Is this really true? Are you Joe mail man on there? I gotta check it out.

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 09:29 PM
Is this really true? Are you Joe mail man on there? I gotta check it out.

Yep. He does a chat after games, and Monday-Friday, usually at 4:00 Pm. It also appears on youtube later.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2024, 09:42 PM
The first thing that stands out to me is that the Packers have a veritable shitload of weapons, several of them they didn't even use much in this game. No catches for Reed, 1 or 2 for Watson, 1 for Melton, not a whole lot for the TEs, etc.

Whatever the Dallas D was shutting down, Love was hitting somebody else. Dallas thought they could confuse him with zone D - Love beat that. Then they went to man coverage, and Love picked that apart too. They lightened the box to increase coverage, and Jones ran wild/Love check down to runs.

On the other side of the ball, so many people thought the formula for stopping the Cowboys was blitzing/putting pressure on Dak. But Barry knew better hahahaha. I don't recall any game in recent history where the Packers had the back end loaded up/multiple Packers in coverage virtually every time, at least until the end when it was desperation time for the Cowboys. And we still got a little bit of pressure on Dak, and we still did a moderately good job of stopping the run. If Barry had blitzed too much, a mobile guy like Dak would have picked the D apart. Has Barry learned something since fucking things up so bad against the Giants, etc.? Or were the players just better motivated and coached? Either way, he probably saved his job - for better or worse. And it should be even better against the Niners, whose receivers are not as good as the Cowboys, and Purdy being nowhere near as good as Dak.

RashanGary
01-14-2024, 10:09 PM
Doubs might be our 5th best receiver

Wicks/Reed/Watson
Melton
Doubs

Maybe he’s 4th. But regardless, we have 5 guys better than Lazard, MVS and/or Cobb. Plus the two tight ends.

If you have 1 star and 4 scrubs, it’s never better to lose your star so you can rely on your scrubs. The whole “spread the ball around to arena league players” thing isn’t as cheerful as it sounds in theory.

But when you have 5 guys who can run, get open and catch….. ok, all of a sudden the spread the ball around thing is looking a lot better. What we have right now is 3x better than Davante and scrubs. This is a really good group and they’re going to be hard to stop.

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2024, 10:21 PM
What a game. I did call this one :)

They are dangerous right now. I kinda think they're gonna win next week too. Joe Barry is gonna keep his job. Shit.

I laughed my ass off at this.
https://twitter.com/MarkOldacres/status/1746739588301721855

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2024, 10:22 PM
Maybe a trade of Dak for Tua.

I don't think Dolphins would do it. Do you? I agree Dak isn't the guy though. Too wild with the ball when defenses get tight.

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 10:23 PM
^ Holy shit! That's hilarious!

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 10:38 PM
I just saw this, IDK if it's accurate: do the Packers have more playoff wins at AT&T than the Cowboys?

Is this true?

red
01-14-2024, 10:48 PM
I just saw this, IDK if it's accurate: do the Packers have more playoff wins at AT&T than the Cowboys?

Is this true?

well we did win a super bowl there

George Cumby
01-14-2024, 10:51 PM
Something I've noticed the last few weeks is when the camera goes to MLF on the sidelines, Bisaccia is often there in his back pocket.

I can't help but wonder if RB isn't close by for a reason; back-stopping LaFleur? Extra set of experienced eyes?

I like his swagger:

https://twitter.com/narchy4all/status/1746704682276331762?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1746704682276331762%7Ctwgr% 5Ee56c42ca9b6d270e0c1228e224695c43988eed81%7Ctwcon %5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediae mbed%2F196y1l8%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Df alse

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2024, 11:04 PM
I laughed at this one too. It does seem so long ago.

https://twitter.com/redditPackers/status/1746751643280920720

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2024, 11:05 PM
The other thought that I had - Zach Tom is the key to this team. The OL is playing pretty well right now. Zach Tom is an all-star right tackle. Can he stop Bosa or the other OSU fella? I hope so. I would definitely chip Bosa just about every play. Run right at Chase Young.

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 09:20 AM
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_LOV130776_2023-POST-19_1705285544655.jpeg

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/route-chart_DOU043165_2023-POST-19_1705285561864.jpeg

MadtownPacker
01-15-2024, 10:40 AM
During the game it felt like he had thrown the ball 30 times. Crazy stats on 16 completions says big ass plays.

run pMc
01-15-2024, 11:31 AM
Doubs was over 50% of the passing yards. Big plays and Jones consistent running kept the offense churning.

LOL at the "Musgrave stayed on his feet!" After falling down on the play in Week 1, he gets redemption with a TD on the same play (just opposite sides) this week. Love it.

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 01:50 PM
Conditions in Kansas City and Buffalo have me wondering: Were the Packers secretly glad the game was in Jerry's dome rather than the Lambeau icebox?

Upnorth
01-15-2024, 02:00 PM
Joe. We are a dome / nice weather team. I read some where we average just over 28 ppg in domes this season. That's sn extra td. I think we need to aim for wc every season.

smuggler
01-15-2024, 04:25 PM
I believe the Packers offense benefitted greatly from not spending snaps on AJ Dillon runs. Forcing the ball to Jones and into Love's hands was a huge boost.

red
01-15-2024, 04:31 PM
I believe the Packers offense benefitted greatly from not spending snaps on AJ Dillon runs. Forcing the ball to Jones and into Love's hands was a huge boost.

jones was highly motivated yesterday too playing in his home state

but it was nice to just see constant jones instead of 1 series for jones, then the next for dillon

if you got a hot hand, you stick with it

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 05:53 PM
Best, worst PFF grades https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/packers-pff-grades-best-worst-players-from-nfc-wild-card-round-vs-cowboys/

Top 5 offense

1. TE Luke Musgrave: 93.4
2. WR Romeo Doubs: 93.2
3. QB Jordan Love: 92.5
4. RB Aaron Jones: 89.5
5. RT Zach Tom: 83.9

Musgrave caught all three of his targets for 52 yards and a touchdown while running just eight routes (6.5 yards/route run). In addition to the touchdown, his two others catches converted first downs. Doubs caught all six of his targets for 151 yards and a touchdown while running just 16 routes (9.4 per route/run). He had a 100 percent success rate on catches and four catches over 20 yards, plus a touchdown. Love was nearly perfect and dominated in almost every situation imaginable for a quarterback (more on him later). Jones had four runs over 10 yards, forced four missed tackles, scored three touchdowns and produced seven other first downs (one receiving). Tom allowed just two pressures while facing one of the NFL’s best pass-rushers, and he earned an elite grade in the run game.

Top 5 defense

1. S Darnell Savage: 92.1
2. CB Jaire Alexander: 82.8
3. CB Keisean Nixon: 71.0
4. S Anthony Johnson Jr.: 64.3
5. LB De’Vondre Campbell: 64.1

Savage had the game-breaking pick-six and was charged with only two completions into his coverage, and he didn’t have a missed tackle on five attempts. Alexander had an interception setting up a touchdown, allowed only two catches and made six tackles without a miss. Nixon had a team-high three stops, including a third-down sack, and broke up a pass and forced two incompletions. Johnson didn’t give up a catch into his coverage over 21 coverage snaps. Campbell dropped an interception in the end zone but was solid against the run.

Bottom 5 offense

1. RG Royce Newman: 37.5
2. RG Sean Rhyan: 42.5
3. TE Tucker Kraft: 47.5
4. C Josh Myers: 53.0
5. WR Jayden Reed: 53.6

Newman played only three snaps, but he whiffed on a run block. Rhyan gave up a pressure and earned the offensive line’s lowest run-blocking grade. Kraft was penalized for holding in the red zone and dropped Jordan Love’s late third-down attempt. Myers didn’t give up a pressure but got a below average grade in the run game. Reed didn’t catch any of his three targets and didn’t have a touch over 26 snaps.

Bottom 5 defense

1. S Zayne Anderson: 28.7
2. LB Eric Wilson: 34.3
3. OLB Kingsley Enagbare: 47.7
4. OLB Preston Smith: 48.8
5. DL TJ Slaton: 49.2

Anderson was charged with giving up a 47-yard catch, and he was late to getting to Jake Ferguson on a fourth-quarter touchdown pass. Wilson gave up a touchdown pass to Ferguson in the fourth quarter. Enagbare had three pressures over 34 pass-rushing snaps and earned a low run defense grade. Smith had a late sack, but he finished with just two pressures over 43 pass-rushing snaps. Slaton had one run stop but was ineffective as a pass-rusher.

Special teams

Isaiah McDuffie had a pair of tackles over nine special teams snaps. Others to have tackles were Zayne Anderson and Eric Wilson. The Packers didn’t have a special teams penalty or missed tackle. Daniel Whelan put three punts inside the 10-yard line. Anders Carlson went 6-for-7 on extra points. The only “returned” kicks or punts came on the two onside kick recoveries.

Quarterback

Jordan Love: 92.5

Love’s highest graded game of the season arrived in his playoff debut. He earned elite grades from clean pockets, under pressure, when blitzed, when not blitzed, off play-action and with no playaction. Love connected on four passes of 20 or more yards in the air and was 8-for-10 for over 200 yards on passes of 10 or more air yards. On throws to the middle of the field beyond 10 yards, he was 5-for-5. One of his two “big time throws” was a wicked side-arm toss to Romeo Doubs for a 3-yard touchdown on fourth down. Love wasn’t sacked and dealt with pressure on just seven dropbacks, and he didn’t have a turnover worthy play. A truly elite performance.

Stat to know

Take a moment to celebrate the night of Romeo Doubs, who produced 151 receiving yards while running only 16 total routes. That’s almost 10 yards per route run. An elite number at the wide receiver position over the course of a full season is around 2.0 yards per route run. Doubs averaged 9.44 on Sunday. He caught all six targets and averaged 25.2 yards per catch. The performance is one of the most efficient by a wide receiver in modern NFL playoff history — Doubs is just the 10th player to produce 150 or more receiving yards on six or fewer catches in the postseason.

Another stat to know

Jordan Love was under pressure on just seven of his 21 dropbacks. When pressured, Love completed 5-of-7 passes for a staggering 152 yards and two scores. His average depth of target when pressured was 19.4 yards, meaning he was effectively attacking down the field despite rushers in his face. Credit Love for his coolness under pressure. And credit the offensive line for giving him enough time to create explosive plays. PFF charted Micah Parsons with only three total pressures.

Fritz
01-15-2024, 06:19 PM
It’s really mind-boggling to realize that Reed had not a single catch. And was he even targeted? Not a catch. When, for a few weeks now, he seems like he’s been the fulcrum of this offense. What does that say about this group of receivers, about MLF’s playcalling, and about Love’s willingness to throw to whomever’s open?

Hard not to wonder what Rodgers would’ve done with this group. I can hear him in an interview with his passive-aggressive moves, saying geez, he would’ve loved to play with such a talented bunch of young receivers. But I also think about him throwing the ball to Davante Adams, double or triple-covered, while some rookie receiver was in the middle of the field with no defenders closer than fifteen yards.

But anyway, amazing that the stud from last week isn’t even heard from this week - but it doesn’t even matter. Mind-boggling after the late Rodgers years.

red
01-15-2024, 06:28 PM
It’s really mind-boggling to realize that Reed had not a single catch. And was he even targeted? Not a catch. When, for a few weeks now, he seems like he’s been the fulcrum of this offense. What does that say about this group of receivers, about MLF’s playcalling, and about Love’s willingness to throw to whomever’s open?

Hard not to wonder what Rodgers would’ve done with this group. I can hear him in an interview with his passive-aggressive moves, saying geez, he would’ve loved to play with such a talented bunch of young receivers. But I also think about him throwing the ball to Davante Adams, double or triple-covered, while some rookie receiver was in the middle of the field with no defenders closer than fifteen yards.

But anyway, amazing that the stud from last week isn’t even heard from this week - but it doesn’t even matter. Mind-boggling after the late Rodgers years.

i think i remember 1 pass thrown his way

it was later in the game

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 06:53 PM

it was later in the game

Pff said there were 3. I found 1 in the first quarter, and 1 on their last scoring drive.

smuggler
01-15-2024, 08:10 PM
Kinda the way it shakes out with receiver by committee. Sucks for him, but Melton also kinda got left out in the cold with Doubs going beef-moe.

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2024, 09:06 PM
It's a great problem to have. Nobody was avoiding Reed (or Melton or Watson) either. But Reed apparently was the guy the opponent chose to cover best, probably based on the way he has played. No problem, Love fairly easily pivoted to Doubs and to a lesser extent Wicks. Receiver by committee simply is not a bad thing.

run pMc
01-16-2024, 03:17 PM

Is this true?

Yes. GB: 3 wins (Incl SB), DAL 2 wins.

run pMc
01-16-2024, 03:22 PM

Agree they absolutely did. I think Dillon would have been an upgrade over Wilson or Taylor, but I think you have to ride Aaron Jones as much as possible. He missed half the season so he should be good.

Also - Zach Tom wasn't perfect but he essentially stopped Micah. Micah had a pretty quiet game...you didn't hear his name called a lot except for the two holding calls he drew. If only they did that against Maxx Crosby.
That said, Tom has been very very good, and while he's not a prototype OT I think you have to leave him there. Having a guy you can set-and-forget and don't need to give a lot of help to, can really help out the rest of your OL and protection calls.

run pMc
01-16-2024, 03:28 PM

it was later in the game

Yeah he was targeted 3 times as in the PFF grades. I wonder if DAL was keyed on him as the biggest receiving threat and took him out of the game, or if all his injuries made him less effective.
I'm pretty sure I saw Darnell Savage absolutely whiff on a tackle attempt of Pollard in the hole, and I saw some of the performances a little differently than PFF did. Overall I think they are in the ballpark at least but Doubs, Love, Jones and Tom were the clear offensive studs.

George Cumby
01-16-2024, 07:04 PM
I stay away from most National media, but what I've seen/heard has mostly been how the 'Boi's dropped the ball and choked.

I finally heard Pat Kirwan on 'Moving the Chains' tell a Cowboys fan: "You got punched in the mouth....you got bullied and you didn't fight back."

Nice to hear someone acknowledge the Packers beat-down.

ThunderDan
01-16-2024, 07:56 PM
I stay away from most National media, but what I've seen/heard has mostly been how the 'Boi's dropped the ball and choked.

I finally heard Pat Kirwan on 'Moving the Chains' tell a Cowboys fan: "You got punched in the mouth....you got bullied and you didn't fight back."

Nice to hear someone acknowledge the Packers beat-down.
I really like listening to Pat & Jim.

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2024, 11:07 PM
The Cowboys got beat by a better team - probably the only better team in the NFC, maybe the only better team in the NFL.

Sparkey
01-17-2024, 10:07 AM

Is this true?

Green Bay is now 6 - 0 at ATT Stadium.

1-0 in Superbowls
2-0 in Playoffs
3-0 in Regular Season.

Joemailman
01-17-2024, 10:21 AM
Jacob Morley
@JacobMorley

The Packers are the only team in NFL postseason history to post

48+ points
400 + Total Yards
Zero turnovers
Zero Sacks Allowed

In a single game.

(They did all this while also being the youngest team in NFL history to Win a playoff game)

bobblehead
01-17-2024, 10:55 AM
Doubs might be our 5th best receiver

Wicks/Reed/Watson
Melton
Doubs

Maybe he’s 4th. But regardless, we have 5 guys better than Lazard, MVS and/or Cobb. Plus the two tight ends.

If you have 1 star and 4 scrubs, it’s never better to lose your star so you can rely on your scrubs. The whole “spread the ball around to arena league players” thing isn’t as cheerful as it sounds in theory.

But when you have 5 guys who can run, get open and catch….. ok, all of a sudden the spread the ball around thing is looking a lot better. What we have right now is 3x better than Davante and scrubs. This is a really good group and they’re going to be hard to stop.

Or do we have a QB that is playing within the system so they all excel? I mean are they that much better or are they simply in a better position to succeed? Its not like any of them put up a huge number to tell me they are that much better than the other guys. (Playing devil's advocate)

bobblehead
01-17-2024, 10:57 AM
The other thought that I had - Zach Tom is the key to this team. The OL is playing pretty well right now. Zach Tom is an all-star right tackle. Can he stop Bosa or the other OSU fella? I hope so. I would definitely chip Bosa just about every play. Run right at Chase Young.

Zack Tom is a slightly above average RT.

George Cumby
01-17-2024, 11:53 AM
Jacob Morley
@JacobMorley

The Packers are the only team in NFL postseason history to post

48+ points
400 + Total Yards
Zero turnovers
Zero Sacks Allowed

In a single game.

(They did all this while also being the youngest team in NFL history to Win a playoff game)

Against a supposedly really good defense.

This is Epic.

George Cumby
01-17-2024, 11:54 AM
I really like listening to Pat & Jim.

Best insights in the business, IMO. It helps they can sit and tear things apart and not really worry about viewership so there's no bombast.

They both have great insights, even if PK has been slow to jump on the Love Train.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2024, 01:16 PM
I know some (many?) in here aren't gonna agree, but I'm getting the same idea I always had with Rodgers and the O Line, now with Love. Rodgers and now Love make the O Line SEEM better than they are with their mobility and ability to throw on the move/off platform. No sacks, few pressures, that's what stats show, but observation of the game shows pass rushers almost always getting in, especially outside rushers, but the QB calmly moving around and throwing it, almost always accurately. I also see Love getting knocked down after the throw a lot, probably even more than Rodgers, so far without consequence meaning Love, thankfully, is pretty durable.

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2024, 01:58 PM
Zack Tom is a slightly above average RT.

Not so sure I agree. He is very lean, which scares me a bit. Gotta husk up a bit. But he could be a future top 3-5 guy I think. His stats are very good. You wish he had Bryan Bulaga's build. He just looks small and lean to me.

bobblehead
01-17-2024, 02:07 PM
Not so sure I agree. He is very lean, which scares me a bit. Gotta husk up a bit. But he could be a future top 3-5 guy I think. His stats are very good. You wish he had Bryan Bulaga's build. He just looks small and lean to me.

I agree with all that, but right now he is slightly above average (which is still above average at a tough position). I don't know that his frame allows much more weight. Also remember I am a huge fan. On draft day I said I liked him better than the 3rd round guy and I still think he could be a top 3 Guard right now. Maybe he can hold 15 more pounds, I can't be sure. I wouldn't pass on a big time tackle in the draft though.

RashanGary
01-17-2024, 02:20 PM
JT O’Sullivan, when breaking down Love, noticed Tom. He said, “is their starting RT out? That guy is small, it looks like they have a linebacker playing tackle”

I think part of that is the number is a bit confusing, but the other part is he’s actuallly small.

He’s a heck of a player though. Bosa isnt his ideal matchup. Most of the big names he’s shut down have been lanky guys. Bosa is more of a power guy.

Joemailman
01-17-2024, 03:14 PM
JT O’Sullivan, when breaking down Love, noticed Tom. He said, “is their starting RT out? That guy is small, it looks like they have a linebacker playing tackle”

I think part of that is the number is a bit confusing, but the other part is he’s actuallly small.

He’s a heck of a player though. Bosa isnt his ideal matchup. Most of the big names he’s shut down have been lanky guys. Bosa is more of a power guy.

Tom was 6-4.25" and 304 at combine. He's short for a tackle, but exactly Bakhtiari's height, who was also short for a tackle. He looks shorter than he really is.

Bosa lines up on both sides of the line in about equal amounts. So both Tom and Walker will have to deal with him.

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2024, 04:24 PM
Bahktiari looks kinda small too. Both would look small on the right side I think.

Fritz
01-17-2024, 06:23 PM
Bosa is more like a Maxx Crosby-type of freak, maybe. That could mean trouble. Honestly, as much as Love has played well, the receivers, Jones, and so on, the reason this is all possible is because the offensive line is playing about a bajillion times better than they were five or six games into the season. Maybe two bajillion.

Joemailman
02-10-2024, 12:06 PM
Micah Parsons talking to Jordan Love about Aaron Jones' blocking. Pretty cool.

Packerfan Total Access- Clayton
@packers_access

#Cowboys star defender Micah Parsons talks with #Packers QB Jordan Love about Aaron Jones' natural instinct pass blocking. #GoPackGo

https://twitter.com/i/status/1756301560617779219

bobblehead
02-10-2024, 12:47 PM
Tom was 6-4.25" and 304 at combine. He's short for a tackle, but exactly Bakhtiari's height, who was also short for a tackle. He looks shorter than he really is.

Bosa lines up on both sides of the line in about equal amounts. So both Tom and Walker will have to deal with him.

I just noticed this and it made me think of something. In reality the NFL should start measuring guys from the base of the neck to the ground. 6-5 with a long neck is taller than a guy who is 6-4 with a shorter neck, but from a playing perspective they play with the same leverage and functionality. When you said he "looks shorter" that is what I thought of. I am not suggesting that is the case here, but it made me realize that not all 6-5s are equal.

Edit: Talking strictly for OL. I guess a QB needs to see over guys and maybe a WR is helped by a higher eye level. It could be different for different positions.