PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers at 49ers Divisional Round Discussion Thread

Joemailman
01-14-2024, 11:51 PM
Packers lead all-time series 38-33-1. 34-28-1 in regular season, 4-5 in playoffs.

Game is at 7:15 PM Saturday

Last meeting: January 22, 2022. 49ers beat the Packers 13-10 in divisional round of playoffs. Packers led 10-3 until Talanoa Hufanga of 49ers blocked a punt and returned it for a TD with 4:41 left. 49ers then drove for winning field goal as time expired.

Offensively, 49ers rank 3rd in points scored, 2nd in yards gained. In 16 games, Brock Purdy threw for 4280 yards with 31 TD passes and 11 INT's. Brandon Aiyuk caught 75 passes for 1342 yards and 7 TD's. George Kittle caught 65 passes for 1020 yards and 6 TD's. Deebo Samuel caught 60 passes for 892 yards and 7 TD's. Samuel also rushed for 225 yards and 5 TD's. Christian McCaffrey rushed for 1452 yards and 14 TD's, averaging 5.4 yards per carry. McCaffrey also caught 67 passes for 564 yards and 7 TD's.

Defensively 49ers rank 3rd in points allowed, 8th in yards allowed. Opponents passed for 3642 yards with 20 TD's and 22 INT's. Opponents had 1525 rushing yards and 10 TD's averaging 4.1 YPC. 49ers have sacked opposing QB's 48 times, led by Nick Bosa with 10.5.

Early odds have 49ers favored by 10.
Moneyline: 49ers -520, Packers +390
Over/under: 49.5

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 12:02 AM
Forecast for next Saturday night is temperatures in the 50's with 80% chance of rain.

King Friday
01-15-2024, 06:28 AM
Take Kittle over in yards and to score a TD. The Packers can’t cover a TE to save their ass.

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 07:24 AM
For Packers fans wanting to go to the game Saturday, tickets starting in the $400's. And that's the 400 level.

Fritz
01-15-2024, 07:42 AM
I can watch the Packers go down swinging from afar for a lot less than $400.

I think Bretsky’s going to feel a lot better about the potential for Joe Barely’s firing after this game.

sharpe1027
01-15-2024, 08:54 AM
Fuck the 49ers. We're gonna win.

George Cumby
01-15-2024, 08:57 AM
Fuck the 49ers. We're gonna win.

Puncher's chance, IMO.

At this point in the season, however, I think Love > Purdy.

MadtownPacker
01-15-2024, 09:08 AM
Forecast for next Saturday night is temperatures in the 50's with 80% chance of rain.
First thing I checked also because it has been raining over here. It will rain but likely not a downpour and probably not very windy like Candlestick was. I think this would be an advantage Packers because Purdy doesn’t have a rifle like Love.

run pMc
01-15-2024, 11:10 AM
I don't like their chances against SF, but that's not a shocker. I'll be rooting for GB. I heard they opened as 9.5 point underdogs? It doesn't even matter much to me, they are playing with house money.

Packers are alive in the playoffs, Love looks like a keeper, and GB kicked the asses of CHI and DAL in consecutive weeks.

This team is really fun to watch right now.

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 11:15 AM
I don't like their chances against SF, but that's not a shocker. I'll be rooting for GB. I heard they opened as 9.5 point underdogs? It doesn't even matter much to me, they are playing with house money.

Packers are alive in the playoffs, Love looks like a keeper, and GB kicked the asses of CHI and DAL in consecutive weeks.

This team is really fun to watch right now.

The 49ers have been the best team in the NFL since the McCaffrey trade. They probably would have won it all last year if all their QB's hadn't gotten hurt. I'll be ecstatic if the Packers win. But even if they lose, I'll be pretty satisfied as long as they show they belong in this game.

sharpe1027
01-15-2024, 11:32 AM
Puncher's chance, IMO.

If they protect Love, and I think they can, it's more than just a punchers chance. This offense has balance and multiple guys that can hurt you.

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 11:54 AM
Enagbare believed to have torn ACL. Opportunity for Brenton Cox now and next year since Enagbare likely won't be available for start of season.

smuggler
01-15-2024, 12:31 PM
He was playing pretty late in the game. Guess it's possible he was hurt early and just kept playing...

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 12:44 PM
He was playing pretty late in the game. Guess it's possible he was hurt early and just kept playing...

I read somewhere that he played only one more play after getting hurt.

George Cumby
01-15-2024, 12:57 PM
Forecast calling for rain, Friday, Friday Night, Saturday, Saturday Night.

Field is going to be sloppy. Whichever team is a better mudder will have an edge.

RashanGary
01-15-2024, 01:17 PM
I don’t like AJ Dillon much, but he is a mudder. His movement is lowsy but it doesn’t change at all when the field gets sloppy. Everyone else seems to lose some movement and the ol slug just stays at his 100%.

I hope Dillon can go. I could see him having a big day.

Joemailman
01-15-2024, 01:57 PM
I don’t like AJ Dillon much, but he is a mudder. His movement is lowsy but it doesn’t change at all when the field gets sloppy. Everyone else seems to lose some movement and the ol slug just stays at his 100%.

I hope Dillon can go. I could see him having a big day.

Even if he doesn't have a big day, having to tackle him about 15 times can take a toll as the game wears on.

Upnorth
01-15-2024, 02:03 PM
Puncher's chance, IMO.

Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong. Because if it isn't now we have to look at run games.

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2024, 02:13 PM
I said it before, and I'll say it again, the 49ers are NOT as good as the team we beat last week.

What caused Joe Barry to go to his new-found "cloud" D/partly two deep shell, partly three deep, I'm not sure. The amazing thing was that the Packer D did it without obvious weakness up front both against the run and pressure on the QB. Against the Niners, there will be a less mobile QB, so maybe we go to more blitzing. I like it, though, that we have that umbrella pass coverage rather than pass rush that "almost" gets the QB.

The Packers exposed what was thought to be a top flight D last week. Theoretically, the Niners front as well as their secondary are not as good as the Cowboys. We ought to be able to move the ball and score on them with all the weapons we have. Trying to look at it from the perspective of an opposing DC, how are you gonna shut down all the Packer receivers? The answer would seem to be to rush Love. I like the fact that Love has been dropping back significantly deeper than Rodgers used to do. That plus his mobility should be able to nullify Bosa and the rest of the Niners pass rush the same as it did Parsons and other Cowboy pass rushers.

I'm expecting another dominating performance and win.

ThunderDan
01-15-2024, 03:41 PM
I said it before, and I'll say it again, the 49ers are NOT as good as the team we beat last week.

What caused Joe Barry to go to his new-found "cloud" D/partly two deep shell, partly three deep, I'm not sure. The amazing thing was that the Packer D did it without obvious weakness up front both against the run and pressure on the QB. Against the Niners, there will be a less mobile QB, so maybe we go to more blitzing. I like it, though, that we have that umbrella pass coverage rather than pass rush that "almost" gets the QB.

The Packers exposed what was thought to be a top flight D last week. Theoretically, the Niners front as well as their secondary are not as good as the Cowboys. We ought to be able to move the ball and score on them with all the weapons we have. Trying to look at it from the perspective of an opposing DC, how are you gonna shut down all the Packer receivers? The answer would seem to be to rush Love. I like the fact that Love has been dropping back significantly deeper than Rodgers used to do. That plus his mobility should be able to nullify Bosa and the rest of the Niners pass rush the same as it did Parsons and other Cowboy pass rushers.

I'm expecting another dominating performance and win.

Really?? The 49ers crushed the Cowgirls 42-10. Sure seems like that would point to SF being the better team but maybe I am wrong.

George Cumby
01-15-2024, 04:33 PM
Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong. Because if it isn't now we have to look at run games.

I'm pretty dialed in to CA weather; the models are increasingly in agreement about the upcoming weekend and it being wet, the main event may be Sunday, but we will see. There is some suggestion of a 'mini' Atmospheric River.

George Cumby
01-15-2024, 04:41 PM
Really?? The 49ers crushed the Cowgirls 42-10. Sure seems like that would point to SF being the better team but maybe I am wrong.

I watched that game. It was the Stone Valley Prison Murderer's Row vs. the Sweet Sister's of Delicate Mercy.

Like yesterday, it was a Beat Down, but without Joe Barry's prevent (victory) defense. The Niners know how to keep their boot on an opponent's neck

Niners >>>>> Dallas.

Funny moment at the end of the game: camera is on McCarthy as he walks up to Prescott, McCarthy gives him that shrug with his head cocked and the corner of his mouth lifted like you see in the memes; kind of "WTF you gonna' do? We got handled." I actually appreciate McCarthy and his loyalty to his guys.

RashanGary
01-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Brock Purdy 9.25” hands
Jordan Love 10.5” massive GB QB standard paws

As Favre proved, ogre hands are bad as props for persuasive dick pics, but they’re good for rain days and cold days.

The only thing better than the coolish (55*) wet conditions is if the wind upticks from 10-15 to 15-20. I don’t think Purdys small hands or his average nfl arm strength are going to lend to any sort of advantage in these types of conditions.

Further, AJ Dillon is a gold star certified mudder. His lack of agility is such a problem, he’s not even an average running back on most days. But when sloppy conditions even the agility playing field, everyone else comes down to his level and now his other qualities aren’t buried by his horrendous glaring weakness.

Not only can we win, we can win while giving jones a rest week and be ready to finish off the NFC and head to the Super Bowl.

Fritz
01-15-2024, 05:44 PM
Sometimes all this “size of their hands” talk makes me wonder if this is code….

I don’t know who has an advantage in the mud, but damn it’ll be fun to watch a game with muddy jerseys and facemasks with sod stuck in them. That’s football. Fuck them domes.

QBME
01-15-2024, 08:08 PM
I don’t know shit about x’s and o’s.

There’s been a bit of conversation on the forum relating to “who is the number one receiver?”

A couple, three weeks ago Tucker Kraft was knocking on the HOF door.

Then Wicks.

Then Reed.

Now Doubs.

Sheesh.

MLF has figured it out. He doesn’t scheme any particular plan. He waits to see what the other defense is planning and adjusts.

Receivers don’t care. Jordon don’t care.

Offense in control.

George Cumby
01-15-2024, 08:16 PM
^ If current results are a harbinger of things to come, I'm all for a system that exploits different match-ups/skillsets depending on the opponent.

Fritz
01-16-2024, 06:22 AM
To me, the big question is how the Packers come out of the tunnel. As I posted on another thread, the last couple games out there in the playoffs, the Packers looked confused and whipped from the opening whistle.

So it'll be interesting to see if they come out with a little fire.

Teamcheez1
01-16-2024, 06:44 AM
If my memory serves me correctly about recent history , we have usually gone into the playoffs believing the defense would let us down, but it was the special teams and offense that laid an egg.

Maybe our offense can keep us in the game this time.

BrokenArrow
01-16-2024, 10:06 AM

Pretty sure we just crushed Dallas at their own place a couple days ago. Burrow was 28/32 for 283 and 3 TDs against SF. No reason 10VE can't do the same.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2024, 10:17 AM
If my memory serves me correctly about recent history , we have usually gone into the playoffs believing the defense would let us down, but it was the special teams and offense that laid an egg.

Maybe our offense can keep us in the game this time.
Exactly. Rodgers would do like Dak did Sunday and let the pressure get to him. It was always the same situation except SF being the team with nothing to lose. That Packers had a constant desperation feel the last few years in the playoff. That’s what has made this season so fun. The youngsters just don’t give a damn because there is still a tomorrow for them.

Joemailman
01-16-2024, 10:19 AM
When the Packers played at SF in NFCCG 2019-20, Packers 6 possessions in 1st half went like this:

5 plays-25 yards-punt
5 plays-4 yards-punt
3 plays-minus 11 yards-punt
6 plays-50 yards-fumble
3 plays-14 yards-INT
3 plays-1 yard-punt

Defense tried to hang in there for a while, it was 7-0 after 1st quarter. But it was 27-0 at halftime.

Offense needs to execute early, as they have been lately, to give the defense a chance.

sharpe1027
01-16-2024, 11:51 AM
The best defense is a good offense and it has never been more true than in today's NFL.

George Cumby
01-16-2024, 12:07 PM
The best defense is a good offense and it has never been more true than in today's NFL.

I think GB's O can go blow for blow with SF. Those six minute, grinding drives will keep our D's legs fresh.

ThunderDan
01-16-2024, 02:31 PM
Pretty sure we just crushed Dallas at their own place a couple days ago. Burrow was 28/32 for 283 and 3 TDs against SF. No reason 10VE can't do the same.

I was responding to Tex's opinion that the Cowboys are better than the 49ers.

run pMc
01-16-2024, 03:13 PM

Yeah I agree.
SF is the higher seed for a reason -- they're the better team and I don't think it's close.

DAL is better at K and maybe QB because Dak is talented, and probably even at OL and secondary.
SF is better at DL (Bosa + Chase > Micah + Demarcus), LB, WR, TE, RB, and even at FB.

Shanny has his brain farts, especially in the playoffs, but McCarthy ain't exactly known for game management either.

In a matchup on a neutral field, I'd bet SF wins 4 out of 5 times.

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2024, 05:27 PM
Uh no hahahahaha.

The Niners have quality at RB and TE, but if the Cowboys are behind at all, it's not much. Pollard is very similar to Aaron Jones, very very good, and Ferguson, as we saw, is excellent, probably as good or better receiver than Kittle although maybe not as good a blocker. And even though we didn't see much of it, Parsons and Lawrence are at least as good as Bosa and Young plus the Cowboy run stoppers are better. At WR, the Cowboys are clearly better.

I say again, the Cowboys are a better team than the Niners - even though they inexplicably floundered badly against them.

This should be an easier game for the Packers than last week.

RashanGary
01-16-2024, 08:24 PM
I started watching the last 5 games of the 9ers. Not gonna watch week 18 where they rested.

So far… you cant blitz Purdy. I haven’t seen it work in two full games. Their OL isn’t great, they don’t sustain blocks well, but they’re smart. Between them and the FB, RB, TE, they always pick up the blitz and Purdy gets it out quick every time. Those receivers have been there a while. And all their pass pro guys. They’re just a well oiled machine at picking up the blitz. Purdy is pretty careful with the ball. He just loves it when his big athletic receivers are one on one and he can put it on them quick.

The left side of their line are dominant run blockers. They run a lot to that side and it’s almost always 4-12 yards. Trent Williams never misses a block. They have a road grader RG. And Kittle, Juice and all the receivers block. That run left is just an unstoppable force.

With all of the running left, they like to mix in deebo on a jet sweep coming off run action to the left and it’s been money so far in two games.

I didn’t see any wow plays from Purdy, but I didn’t see many from Brady either. Purdy will throw it away or take a sack and live to fight another down. And that’s frustrating. He’s very accurate from the pocket. He’s not great on the move and not a threat to run. He goes down fairly easy.

They have a really good offense. They have experienced, smart players. They seem to handle situational ball best with all of their experience. Blitz pickup, 3rd down, redzone…. They’re a well oiled machine.

A few years back I watched every 9ers game and almost every other game too. Especially early in the year Shannahan was trying to win cutest coordinator award. They kind of tapered that back toward the end of the season and this year is no different. I don’t see him batting his eyes and trying to be cute. But like Favre and Rodgers, Shannahan has his quirks. He’s holding it in for a minute but with two weeks off, on a big stage, I don’t know if he’s going to be able to get out of his own way.

I think you have to take some chances. For me, looking at where they’ve had their struggles, I think I would, for the most part, have my defensive front play the run first and be real disciplined with it. They’re gonna get yards anyway, they’re that good. But you want to lull Shanny into the drop back pass game. And when you take your shots, it’s not with the blitz, I think you want to have the DL scatter in some aggressive, undisciplined rushes and play coverage behind. Their OL doesn’t hold up for long, so I think you can beat them on first and second down by splashing in a few play where you pin your ears back and hope it’s a pass.

That’s about all I see so far for how to exploit them. And I have a feeling Shanny will gift us a couple too.

I don’t know if relying on bend but don’t break is going to work because they’re really good in the redzone. Like I said, I think the way to beat them is to guess pass on a few plays and have your rush get wild without worrying about the run. You get them in 3rd and long and you have a chance. That’s the game plan I’d draw up….. I would rarely if ever blitz. And I’d always play coverage first. They can kill you quick. Purdy will put it on his guys. And they’re great at YAC.

RashanGary
01-16-2024, 08:37 PM
I haven’t checked the stats on what coverages Barry hangs his hat on. Just for the sake of being able to get this point across, let’s say the boys are best in cover 3. On first and second down you align in cover 3 and and the expectation from the offenses perspective is that the line, linebackers and safeties are going to have their eyes on both the run game and the pass game. Your rush would be disciplined, you’d see guys biting a little bit on run action in the back. It’s kind of a core early down concept that handles everything.

If I’m Barry, I have a call in the playbook that’s our go to early down call, but instead of playing it with any discipline toward the run, I’d have it 100% geared toward the pass. Nobody bites on run action. None of your DL worry about run discipline. You’re just taking a guess. Worst case they gash you for 20, but they’re gonna do that anyway over the course of 3 plays and the whole point here is that you’re taking a shot to really get them behind the sticks and give yourself a premium look in 3rd down. I think this is the best way to exploit their weaknesses and it can’t be all of the time. Just guess a couple times and hope you guessed right.

RashanGary
01-16-2024, 08:40 PM
Their defense is pretty good, but not dominant. I think their offense is better. Get the ball first, rack 7 on the board. Play disciplined for 5 plays on defense then shoot your shot on (all pass) call and hope you guessed right. Force a punt, stack 7 more on the board and have SF play uphill. That’s my strat.

Fritz
01-16-2024, 09:21 PM
When the Packers played at SF in NFCCG 2019-20, Packers 6 possessions in 1st half went like this:

5 plays-25 yards-punt
5 plays-4 yards-punt
3 plays-minus 11 yards-punt
6 plays-50 yards-fumble
3 plays-14 yards-INT
3 plays-1 yard-punt

Defense tried to hang in there for a while, it was 7-0 after 1st quarter. But it was 27-0 at halftime.

Offense needs to execute early, as they have been lately, to give the defense a chance.

That reads like the possession lines from some of the early games this year.

Also I absolutely agree with Mad’s comment above. Packers played those SF games with their sphincters locked so tight you couldn’t get an amoeba through. All clenched teeth and desperation, alternating with bewilderment and eye rolls.

This Packer team shows none of that. All loosey-goosey.

Doesn’t mean they’ll win, but it does mean it should be more fun for them to play - and for us to watch.

House money, baby!

MadtownPacker
01-16-2024, 10:22 PM
49ers had 2+ turnovers in 4 games, 1-3 record. Pack D can bend but has to take.

Fritz
01-17-2024, 09:49 AM
49ers had 2+ turnovers in 4 games, 1-3 record. Pack D can bend but has to take.

That's probably about it, in a nutshell.

Sparkey
01-17-2024, 10:11 AM
Even if he doesn't have a big day, having to tackle him about 15 times can take a toll as the game wears on.

The problem is wet field = wet ball. Not a good combination with a cast on your hand. ( Last I heard, he still had a cast. )

Sparkey
01-17-2024, 10:16 AM
If I remember correctly, Ravens at Niners in week 16 was wet and raining? If so, try to fit some of what the Ravens did on D into your game plan. GB has to be able to score more TD's than FG's this game to win it. Niners are going to get theirs.

Turnovers will probably decide the outcome.

Tony Oday
01-17-2024, 11:10 AM
I really do not see how the Pack can win this game. I enjoyed the extra win but it will be fun to see how we do against the class of the NFC.

Joemailman
01-17-2024, 12:34 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Jaire Alexander is not practicing today after dropping out of last week’s NFC wild card win in Dallas with an ankle injury.

AJ Dillon and Kingsley Enagbare are only other #Packers players not practicing.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2024, 01:34 PM
A wet field usually hurts DBs more than receivers. Also, I would think that a QB throwing from weird platforms or none at all would have an advantage. Also more size up front on D should be an advantage.

I remember a rain game in Chicago long ago when the Bears were good and the Packers were not - Levens or Bennett, I forget which, ran wild. A slasher and a mudder is kinda what we have now. We ought to win this game.

Vincenzo
01-17-2024, 02:55 PM
Wednesday’s updated weather forecast for the game Saturday:

“The weather forecast has improved for the 49ers’ playoff game against the Green Bay Packers on Saturday night at Santa Clara’s Levi’s Stadium.
The San Francisco Bay Area is expected to see two significant waves of rain over the weekend, and the latest forecast indicates the game, which is scheduled to kick off at 5:15 p.m., will likely fall during a dry period between the two systems, Roger Gass, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, told SFGATE on Wednesday morning.
Of course, the forecast could change in coming days, but this morning, meteorologists said models that predict the weather several days out indicated that fans and players would likely not have to worry about wind and rain during the game.

Joemailman
01-17-2024, 05:47 PM
Jaire expected to practice tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEFPS_QWkAAuuWV?format=png&name=900x900

Fritz
01-17-2024, 06:21 PM
Let Jaire Alexander rest all week if he needs to, and rehab the living hell out of that ankle. Use wraps and electronic waves and voodoo and illegal drugs and magic spells.

I got a kick out of this quote from The Flower: "“They’ve got a lot of the same players they’ve had for a few years now, and they’ve added some other freak shows over there."

For some reason, that just cracked me up.

It reminded me that when I went to the Bears game a couple weeks ago, one of the honorary captains was Najeh Davenport, and all I could think about as he trotted out on the field was him shitting in a laundry basket. Now that's a freak show.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2024, 09:26 PM
Maybe LaFleur was referring to how the Packers alway had the older team. He might be excited to bring some young horses to the track.

BTW Fuck Richard Sherman, Packers hating niners ball washer! He is talking a lot of shit and bring up how they owned the Packers during Rodgers MVP season. “Ran him out the stadium” and says it will happen again.

KYPack
01-17-2024, 10:06 PM
It reminded me that when I went to the Bears game a couple weeks ago, one of the honorary captains was Najeh Davenport, and all I could think about as he trotted out on the field was him shitting in a laundry basket. Now that's a freak show.

Najeh was a trip. That story came out before the draft . His agent made the statement "It was an unfortunate incident that Najeh has left behind him".

Yeah, no shit!
"

Joemailman
01-18-2024, 01:46 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

Game statuses for Saturday night at San Fran:

Questionable: Jaire Alexander, AJ Dillon, Isaiah McDuffie, Daniel Whelan.

Whelan, the Packers punter, has an illness but coach Matt LaFleur said he thinks he will be OK by game time.

Fritz
01-18-2024, 02:04 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky

Game statuses for Saturday night at San Fran:

Questionable: Jaire Alexander, AJ Dillon, Isaiah McDuffie, Daniel Whelan.

Whelan, the Packers punter, has an illness but coach Matt LaFleur said he thinks he will be OK by game time.

The "questionable" designation these days reminds me of the "probable" designation in days of yore.

I hope that's the case here, anyway.

I've been wondering how playoff success affects draft order. So - Green Bay beat Dallas, but Dallas had a much better regular-season record. Does beating the Cowboys mean that Green Bay will draft AFTER Dallas, despite Dallas having a better regular-season record?

Joemailman
01-18-2024, 02:22 PM
The "questionable" designation these days reminds me of the "probable" designation in days of yore.

I hope that's the case here, anyway.

I've been wondering how playoff success affects draft order. So - Green Bay beat Dallas, but Dallas had a much better regular-season record. Does beating the Cowboys mean that Green Bay will draft AFTER Dallas, despite Dallas having a better regular-season record?

Green Bay will draft after Dallas because they've advanced further in the playoffs than Dallas. Dallas will draft 24. Packers will draft either 25, 29, 31 or 32 depending on how they do the rest of the way.

Vincenzo
01-18-2024, 02:52 PM
Green Bay will draft after Dallas because they've advanced further in the playoffs than Dallas. Dallas will draft 24. Packers will draft either 25, 29, 31 or 32 depending on how they do the rest of the way.
What a sad-sad truth that is!
Reminds me of the Detroit Lions and how for years upon years how they’ve drafted way up above us on the Draft board, and how it shows on their roster today.

Upnorth
01-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Najeh was a trip. That story came out before the draft . His agent made the statement "It was an unfortunate incident that Najeh has left behind him".

Yeah, no shit!
"

No, it was definitely shit. Shit was the thing you see

Joemailman
01-18-2024, 05:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEKTZDLW8AATDvG?format=png&name=900x900

QBME
01-18-2024, 06:25 PM
Hey Joe (btw great Jimi tune) you observed in another thread how this is beginning to mirror a past season. Can you please update?
1. Beat Bears
2. Beat #1 division seed.
3. Maybe…???

Fosco33
01-18-2024, 06:31 PM
Hey Joe (btw great Jimi tune) you observed in another thread how this is beginning to mirror a past season. Can you please update?
1. Beat Bears
3. Maybe…???

It was our SB run. Beat the bears to make last seed.

We went and beat the Eagles, then whooped the Falcons and had a road division championship game vs the Bears.

So we beat the Bears, Cowboys and will beat the Niners and face a division foe (Lions) for NFCC

Joemailman
01-18-2024, 06:39 PM
1. Beat Bears
3. Maybe…???

Beat Bears in regular season finale to make playoffs
Beat NFC East champ in wild card round (Philadelphia in 2010)
Beat NFC #1 seed in divisional (Atlanta in 2010)
Beat NFC North champ in NFCCG

Joemailman
01-18-2024, 06:50 PM
49ers starting ILB Dre Greenlaw listed as questionable with an achilles. 49ers don't take their ILB's off the field much. If Greenlaw plays, I would really look for MLF to try and isolate TE's and maybe even Jones on him.

RashanGary
01-18-2024, 07:03 PM
We’ve been playing two months straight of back against the wall football. The 9ers haven’t played a meaningful game in almost a month. I think you want to take the ball first again. I think we might be able to get in a cheap shot with our sharpness vs them knocking off the rust. And then right away, you kind of have them and their crowd stunned.

RashanGary
01-18-2024, 07:09 PM
It’s looking like off and on rain. Maybe if Purdy is in a rain drive you can take a couple risks with single safety and make him try to go over the top. He’s got small hands, a weak arm AND the receivers have a better chance of drops with a wet ball. I think there are enough factors making a long pass unlikely that you can get aggressive on underneath stuff.

QBME
01-18-2024, 08:42 PM
Beat Bears in regular season finale to make playoffs
Beat NFC East champ in wild card round (Philadelphia in 2010)
Beat NFC #1 seed in divisional (Atlanta in 2010)
Beat NFC North champ in NFCCG

Yes, thank you.

I ain't superstitious (late, great Jeff Beck), but stars seem to be aligning .

Joemailman
01-19-2024, 07:51 AM
Expect a lot of penalties Saturday. The officiating crew doing the game called the most penalties during the regular season, averaging 15.3. Packers and 49ers were both in the top third of most penalized teams.

smuggler
01-19-2024, 09:42 AM
They do not run whole crews in the playoffs. The NFL puts together new crews with the highest graded officials.

RashanGary
01-19-2024, 01:54 PM
Expect a lot of penalties Saturday. The officiating crew doing the game called the most penalties during the regular season, averaging 15.3. Packers and 49ers were both in the top third of most penalized teams.

Most of sf penalties must come on the defense side because I didn’t see many at all from their offense in 4 games. Or maybe they were penalized earlier in the season on offense.

RashanGary
01-19-2024, 02:06 PM
Christians dad, Tim Watson (drafted by Ron Wolf to the Packers in the early 90s) watched all of the 49ers tape. His analysis was really close to what I saw too.

The thing that stood out from Purdy that both of us saw was how regularly he completed those deep out routes. Deebo and Aiyuk both run those routes really well, especially aiyuk. And Purdy throws them with great anticipation. You know why they’re getting there, but still, when you see that ball hovering in the air off of his average arm strength, you’re thinking it’s a house call every time and instead it’s a freaking 20 yard gain.

23 and 37 are snappy guys who can really break on the ball. Don’t be surprised if they sit on one of those and make a house call. Purdys luck is going to run out on those.

RashanGary
01-19-2024, 03:06 PM
https://x.com/interneth0f/status/1748201136350278126?s=46&t=nQImf8h3Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

This was a really bad matchup, but this is “pad level” coaching tape.

RashanGary
01-19-2024, 03:18 PM
Oh shit! 30 hours away and the hourly is 85% chance of rain from 6pm-11pm. If there’s 85% chance in any given hour it’s gotta be over 99% over the course of the game.

It’s gonna be a mudder.

Love has huge hands, Purdy tiny. Passing isn’t going to be easy for anyone, but Purdy might fumble when his arm goes back. Dillon never fumbles.

This is a completely different game than it looks on paper. 49ers really are the favorite. If anything it evens the playing field.

RashanGary
01-19-2024, 03:42 PM
Guys who rely less on changing direction and should excel on a slippery surface….

AJ Dillon
Christian Watson
Luke Musgrave
Jonathan Taylor

To a lesser degree
Tucker Kraft

49ers players
McCaffrey (he’s surprisingly a north/south guy at his size
Juan Jennings

To a lesser degree
Kittle

So bet accordingly, degenerates.

RashanGary
01-19-2024, 04:06 PM
I just made a $25, 8-leg parlay bet to win $2,100

This is a mud game parlay (relying on a bunch of things that are more likely or less likely to happen in a mud game)

Under Purdy completions
Under Purdy attempts
Under Love completions
Under Love attempts
Over McCaffrey yards (he’s a north/south runner who should excel in a mud game. And has fresh legs)
Over Juan Jennings receptions (hes their only guy who’s not quick and doesn’t require this quick breaks that won’t happen in a mud game)
Under Aiyuk receptions (relys too much on change of direction)
Green Bay to +9.5 (shouldn’t be high scoring)

RashanGary
01-19-2024, 04:08 PM
I fucking love my chances to hit this parlay. It’s obviously long odds when 8’freaking things ALL have to happen, but at +8700, I think the odds make it a good bet.

George Cumby
01-19-2024, 04:11 PM
~0.5-1.0" rain between now and kickoff.

beveaux1
01-19-2024, 04:31 PM
The 49'ers are our kryptonite or should I say LaFleur's kryptonite. Every single marker points to a SF win.

On defense, they have the best 7 man box in the conference. CBs and Safeties are better than ours.

On offense, they have a solid OL with the best RB in football, one of the best TEs in football, a QB who had a near MVP season, and excellent WRs.

Coaching has the root of the Shanahan coaching tree, Kyle Shanahan, with a great DC in Steve Wilks.

They're also playing at home.

The fan in me says we have a puncher's chance. A one in five chance.

The realist in me says 31-21 SF.

I hope the fan in me wins this time.

George Cumby
01-19-2024, 05:20 PM
^ We have a puncher's chance+, IMO.

12 isn't on his revenge tour so that weirdness is gone.

10 is playing at an insane level.

Packers kids are loose. The pressure is on the Niners.

Track is going to be slow.

Shanny pulls his own share of brain farts in big games.

But Joe Barry.

So yeah, puncher's chance+.

QBME
01-19-2024, 06:24 PM
^ We have a puncher's chance+, IMO.

12 isn't on his revenge tour so that weirdness is gone.

10 is playing at an insane level.

Packers kids are loose. The pressure is on the Niners.

Track is going to be slow.

Shanny pulls his own share of brain farts in big games.

But Joe Barry.

So yeah, puncher's chance+.

Yup

Vincenzo
01-19-2024, 09:56 PM
The 49'ers are our kryptonite or should I say LaFleur's kryptonite. Every single marker points to a SF win.

On defense, they have the best 7 man box in the conference. CBs and Safeties are better than ours.

On offense, they have a solid OL with the best RB in football, one of the best TEs in football, a QB who had a near MVP season, and excellent WRs.

Coaching has the root of the Shanahan coaching tree, Kyle Shanahan, with a great DC in Steve Wilks.

They're also playing at home.

The fan in me says we have a puncher's chance. A one in five chance.

The realist in me says 31-21 SF.

I hope the fan in me wins this time.
Totally on board with this summary.

On paper we look toast but let’s keep the faith and pray our Packers stun the NFL tomorrow

texaspackerbacker
01-19-2024, 11:27 PM
I still say, our RBs are close if not as good, our receivers are as good or better, our O Line probably as good, and our QB way better. On D, our DBs are as good or better, our front seven also is as good or better - Gary cancelling out Bosa. Our ILBs are shaky, but supposedly their best ILB is either not playing or playing a little bit hurt.

It would not be as much of a stunner tomorrow night as it was last week IMO.

Freak Out
01-19-2024, 11:36 PM
The 49ers RB #1 is going to tear the Packer D to shreds. The only way GB has a shot is to score early and often and take some chances in all phases of the game. Love is playing lights out and things are going their way. :flm:

Vincenzo
01-20-2024, 12:32 AM
Oh freak out, what the fuck are you talking about? Their RB shreds us, it’ll be a total shredding. That’s it, score often an early and our QB is lights out.
I expected more from you, bud. :razz:

Fritz
01-20-2024, 08:11 AM
If McCaffrey shreds the Packers, then they're fucked, because that will be followed by Samuels and Kittle being wide open for big chunk gains. Then it's like 2019 all over. In that game, it was "only" 10 - 0 at the beginning of the second quarter, but Mostert just started gashing the living hell out of that Packer defense, and on offense Rodgers was throwing everything short and behind the line of scrimmage, with shitty blocking, so either Jones was getting tackled for a two yard loss after getting a little swing pass, or Rodgers was getting chased.

It was ugly.

Freak Out
01-20-2024, 03:39 PM
Ya well I was a tad buzzed last night. lol. I don't see them shutting down RB1 so it gonna be a scorefest folks. Force a turnover or take a chance on special teams. Win the game and move on baby.

Bretsky
01-20-2024, 06:06 PM
The 49ers RB #1 is going to tear the Packer D to shreds. The only way GB has a shot is to score early and often and take some chances in all phases of the game. Love is playing lights out and things are going their way. :flm:

SHELDON......YOU ARE RIGHT

Bretsky
01-20-2024, 06:11 PM
I still say, our RBs are close if not as good, our receivers are as good or better, our O Line probably as good, and our QB way better. On D, our DBs are as good or better, our front seven also is as good or better - Gary cancelling out Bosa. Our ILBs are shaky, but supposedly their best ILB is either not playing or playing a little bit hurt.

It would not be as much of a stunner tomorrow night as it was last week IMO.

:crazy::huh::shock::twisted::crazy:

smuggler
01-20-2024, 06:41 PM
When it comes to pass blocking, our line is definitely better. When it comes to run blocking, no way in hell. I could see the argument for pretty much everything else when comparing the offenses. But they have a huge advantage on D.

Bretsky
01-20-2024, 06:45 PM
When it comes to pass blocking, our line is definitely better. When it comes to run blocking, no way in hell. I could see the argument for pretty much everything else when comparing the offenses. But they have a huge advantage on D.

Their RB's are a step above us. Their DL, pass rush, and run defense is superior. Maybe secondary is a push, maybe

smuggler
01-20-2024, 06:47 PM
Between the fact that SF has better run blocking and McCaffrey gets a lot more touches than Jones, I think it's closer than most people want to admit. If you put Jones on a team like San Fran, (assuming he stays healthy), he can push 1600 yards.

MadtownPacker
01-20-2024, 07:13 PM
It’s time to go Pack go!!!