Here is some entertainment, good or bad

From 4 weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfxNnWdmkhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHxsp-3ON6U

and a Media Take from a few weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcwbdFN9AN8

Bretsky
01-21-2024, 04:54 PM
OOPSIEE.......in the subject matter I meant to say, Poll is "NOW" worth posting.

What say you rats ?

texaspackerbacker
01-21-2024, 04:55 PM
It's a worthwhile poll. I'm just about exactly 50/50 about Barry, though. in terms of wanting him gone. I guess I'll vote for the first option, as I think it is maybe 60-70% that he stays.

Bretsky
01-21-2024, 04:58 PM
It's a worthwhile poll. I'm just about exactly 50/50 about Barry, though. in terms of wanting him gone. I guess I'll vote for the first option, as I think it is maybe 60-70% that he stays.

agree, a very relevant poll now that the season is done and GB is out of the races. That was a TYPO in the subject and just goes to show what a dumb sh@t I am

Joemailman
01-21-2024, 05:17 PM
Bretsky, I was once able to edit a thread title I did wrong. I think i went to Profile/Find latest started threads/click on thread/click edit post/go up to title and change it.

There is a time limit and I think it has to be done before anybody quotes your post.

Fritz
01-21-2024, 05:22 PM
Bretsky, I was once able to edit a thread title I did wrong. I think i went to Profile/Find latest started threads/click on thread/click edit post/go up to title and change it.

There is a time limit and I think it has to be done before anybody quotes your post.

Wouldn't it be the almost-worst of possible worlds? The Packers get bounced from the playoffs - yet Joe Barely keeps his job.

Shit. I have a feeling MLF will move on. But I would not at all be surprised if he keeps Barely and gives him a new contract, maybe with new responsibilities. Like, minimum wage, PLUS he has to clean the toilets at Lambeau.

I dunno. He's probably a great guy. But he just rolls out those awful defenses for about 2/3 of the year, and throws in some really good games. Seems it only happens for a while - he gets a kick in the pants, gets more agressive, wises up - but then two weeks later, it's SOS.

Bretsky
01-21-2024, 08:21 PM
THANK YOU MAD for editing my post a bit !!!

Bretsky
01-21-2024, 08:22 PM
Wouldn't it be the almost-worst of possible worlds? The Packers get bounced from the playoffs - yet Joe Barely keeps his job.

Shit. I have a feeling MLF will move on. But I would not at all be surprised if he keeps Barely and gives him a new contract, maybe with new responsibilities. Like, minimum wage, PLUS he has to clean the toilets at Lambeau.

I dunno. He's probably a great guy. But he just rolls out those awful defenses for about 2/3 of the year, and throws in some really good games. Seems it only happens for a while - he gets a kick in the pants, gets more agressive, wises up - but then two weeks later, it's SOS.

This is what I've been yelling about for the past several weeks :)))

Sparkey
01-22-2024, 07:20 AM
Irregardless of the coordinator, the Packers need to fix the backend.

Their safeties are horrible. If Owens, Savage and Ford are playing next year, the issues on the back will never be fixed.

ThunderDan
01-22-2024, 08:34 AM

Their safeties are horrible. If Owens, Savage and Ford are playing next year, the issues on the back will never be fixed.

Owens has to be one of the worst tacklers I have seen. He drops his head and dives at the players legs. Nothing wrong with his effort. He just never makes a form tackle and wraps up.

Tony Oday
01-22-2024, 11:11 AM
Savage played good at the end of the season because they changed his role to a more rover/robber.

Freak Out
01-22-2024, 11:35 AM
He needs to be gone. I heard his contract is up so let him walk. Campbell can go with him. Dude is toast.

bobblehead
01-22-2024, 01:42 PM
I can't see MiLF not looking to upgrade here. He would have to choose to give him a new contract. That is different than firing him. The failings in the regular season are really bad. His career is defined by below average. You have to strive for more. Martindale and Leonhard are available right now and both upgrades. Pettine used to say he would just install a defense and let Leonhard call it in game.

MadtownPacker
01-22-2024, 06:29 PM
Thinking the dominoes are getting lined up. At the mic today Pepe said all the right things like Bury wasn’t out but carefully mentioned how Joe has done alot and might decide to spend time with his family. But it would be up to him. Yeah right. :lol:

Joemailman
01-22-2024, 06:36 PM

Oh come on. Tex thinks the safeties are just fine.

George Cumby
01-22-2024, 06:40 PM
I want him gone the way a teen-ager wants their acne gone, but I fear, like acne, he'll be back.

Joemailman
01-22-2024, 06:51 PM
They got rid of Aaron Rodgers and they can't get rid of Joe Barry?

Bretsky
01-22-2024, 07:07 PM

I'm sending Tex to the CONCUSSION PROTOCAL TENT to get his head examined; he's blithering this Cowboy talent is great shit and is losing credibility every day with that :)

Bretsky
01-22-2024, 07:07 PM

THANK YOU for the views Joe; I was going to try but Mad already had it fixed so all was good :)

Bretsky
01-22-2024, 07:08 PM
I can't see MiLF not looking to upgrade here. He would have to choose to give him a new contract. That is different than firing him. The failings in the regular season are really bad. His career is defined by below average. You have to strive for more. Martindale and Leonhard are available right now and both upgrades. Pettine used to say he would just install a defense and let Leonhard call it in game.

Sounds like RON RIVERA is also available and was interviewing with Phily today

Joemailman
01-24-2024, 08:33 AM
I told ya! I told ya!

Sparkey
01-24-2024, 09:44 AM
Glad he is gone and that I was wrong. That ole cliche, the grass isn't always greener on the other side, keeps playing in my head. My prediction, they hire Staley and nothing changes.

Upnorth
01-24-2024, 09:46 AM
I'm so glad I was wrong!

MadtownPacker
01-24-2024, 10:18 AM
Thinking the dominoes are getting lined up. At the mic today Pepe said all the right things like Bury wasn’t out but carefully mentioned how Joe has done alot and might decide to spend time with his family. But it would be up to him. Yeah right. :lol:
Called it. I know when White peoples are going to fire someone.

Joemailman
01-24-2024, 10:21 AM
Who voted after the announcement? The vote was 11-7 earlier. :smack:

MadtownPacker
01-24-2024, 10:26 AM
Closed it for you. It won’t let me see the order the votes came in.

Sparkey
01-24-2024, 02:27 PM

Haha, confirmation that my assessment is correct. :bow:

texaspackerbacker
01-24-2024, 10:43 PM

Did I say that? I'm just not as down on them as the "usual shitheads" oops, I mean "usual suspects".

The pass defense problem IMO has been a lot more a matter of scheme than personnel. The desperate death throes of Barry as DC showed that we can play good pass D with what we got. If we got a guaranteed superstar Safety in the draft or free agency, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but just to break in a new guy with no sure thing, that I'm not in favor of.

bobblehead
01-25-2024, 12:33 PM
Glad he is gone and that I was wrong. That ole cliche, the grass isn't always greener on the other side, keeps playing in my head. My prediction, they hire Staley and nothing changes.

You are now on my forever to be ignored list.