PDA

View Full Version : Best Punter Currently in the NFL?

Anti-Polar Bear
02-27-2024, 01:50 AM
Whoever that dude is, I’d like to buy his jersey to wear to the poker room as a form of reverse psychology. You know, to remind myself not to punt away my stack.

For those of you not familiar with poker terminologies, punting is pissing away one’s chips, usually in an all-in move.

I know, we all see punters (and kickers) as wimpy soccer players. But any idea who’s currently the best punter in the NFL?

Fritz
02-27-2024, 01:10 PM
Either the Seahawks' Michael Dickson or the Lions' Jameson Williams, depending upon which definition of "punter" you want to use.

But I predict big things for Daniel Whelan next year.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-27-2024, 01:46 PM
Either the Seahawks' Michael Dickson or the Lions' Jameson Williams, depending upon which definition of "punter" you want to use.

But I predict big things for Daniel Whelan next year.

Thanks. The only punter I could name was “Thunder” Dan Whelan.

A guy wearing a Seafuck jersey that reads “Dickson” on the back in Green Bay would definitely stand out. But $170 for a fake jersey? Now I really do regret punting away a boatload of frogskins the other day.

texaspackerbacker
02-27-2024, 03:20 PM
Get real, APB. Luck is just luck. Like shit, it happens, and stupid superstition doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. And stop making excuses for your pathetic gambling losses (and I say this as somebody who likes and respects you better than most in here).

Anti-Polar Bear
02-28-2024, 09:42 AM
Get real, APB. Luck is just luck. Like shit, it happens, and stupid superstition doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. And stop making excuses for your pathetic gambling losses (and I say this as somebody who likes and respects you better than most in here).

You’re a wise man, Tex.

The idiot in me is giving the poker dream one more shot. Last 5k. If I punt it all, I’m done for real. Hopefully, I’ll win enough to stack Bobble in Vegas one day.

Joemailman
02-28-2024, 10:02 AM
Who cares about punters? I just want a really good holder for place kicks who can also punt. As long as he's not doing a lot of 30 yards line drive punts, I'm good.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-28-2024, 10:07 AM
Who cares about punters? I just want a really good holder for place kicks who can also punt. As long as he's not doing a lot of 30 yards line drive punts, I'm good.

Ted Thompson said exactly the same thing you said above after he idiotically cut Jon Ryan. How’d that turn out?

Fritz
02-28-2024, 04:22 PM
Nah. I want a punter who can boom it 55 yards with a big hang time, consistently. And in my dreams, the guy also resurrects the lost art of the coffin corner punt, and can regularly pin offenses within the five yard line when given the opportunity.

Oh, and I want to date a hot, wealthy woman who is absolutely wild in the bedroom and has a thing for 60-some year old balding white guys.