PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 2024

Joemailman
03-08-2024, 12:47 PM
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2024-march-madness-men-field-predictions

Joe Lunardi at ESPN has 6 Big 10 teams in the tournament:

Purdue (1 seed), Wisconsin (6 seed), Illinois (4 seed), Nebraska (9 seed), Northwestern (8 seed), Michigan St. (8 seed). Iowa is barely out.

Marquette is a 3 seed.

The #1 seeds are Purdue, Tennessee, UConn and Houston.

#2 seeds are Iowa St, Arizona, North Carolina and Duke.

call_me_ishmael
03-10-2024, 10:22 PM
Pretty excited to see Milan Momcilovic the hometown kid in the tourny. That boy can really shoot and may be going to the NBA next year.

Bretsky
03-12-2024, 10:48 PM
And for some reason Greg Gard really never pursued him

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2024, 11:36 PM
And for some reason Greg Gard really never pursued him

The scuttlebutt around Pewaukee is none of the kids want to play their because they want to play in the NBA. Whether that's true or just sour grapes I have no idea.

Joemailman
03-14-2024, 11:18 PM
Wisconsin and Michigan St. both win. That assures Michigan St. is in. Wisconsin is already in. Marquette beating Villanova could knock Villanova out. Villanova was considered just out. Marquette will probably be a 2 or 3 seed in the tournament.

Joemailman
03-15-2024, 11:34 PM
Looks like Big Ten will get 5 in the NCAA. Purdue, Illinois, Michigan St, Nebraska and Wisconsin. Not a banner year for the conference. Wisconsin actually looking pretty good right now. Getting some bench production they weren't getting earlier.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2024, 12:40 AM
I'd be surprised if Indiana doesn't get in, as they finished strong (until tonight) and have 19 wins. And Ohio State has 20 wins. They should make too. Iowa also has 19 wins and would be close too.

Joemailman
03-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Looks like Big Ten will get 5 in the NCAA. Purdue, Illinois, Michigan St, Nebraska and Wisconsin. Not a banner year for the conference. Wisconsin actually looking pretty good right now. Getting some bench production they weren't getting earlier.

Actually 6. Forgot about Northwestern. Iowa, Ohio St. and Indiana all needed to do better in the Big 10 Tournament to get in.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2024, 11:08 PM
hahahaha Northwestern is easy to forget. I did too. They're worse than a LOT of the teams with worse records. Collins, their coach, is a clone of Izzo - foul a hundred times, get call for twenty or so, and have the officials call them closer on the opponent to keep the numbers close. Fortunately, the Badgers beat them anyway, similar to how they overcame horrible officiating in favor of Purdue.

I'm expecting 7, maybe even 8 or 9 Big Ten teams will get in - I guess we'll know tomorrow afternoon.

Joemailman
03-16-2024, 11:36 PM
hahahaha Northwestern is easy to forget. I did too. They're worse than a LOT of the teams with worse records. Collins, their coach, is a clone of Izzo - foul a hundred times, get call for twenty or so, and have the officials call them closer on the opponent to keep the numbers close. Fortunately, the Badgers beat them anyway, similar to how they overcame horrible officiating in favor of Purdue.

I'm expecting 7, maybe even 8 or 9 Big Ten teams will get in - I guess we'll know tomorrow afternoon.

You will be disappointed. Big Ten just isn't that good this year. And some upsets, like N.C. State, who would not have been in, winning the ACC tournament will make it harder to get another Big Ten team in.

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2024, 09:37 AM
The whole country isn't that good this year, which makes it a good year for a team like the Badgers to run the table. A lot of the teams ranked so high earlier dropped a lot Kansas, Gonzaga, etc. Duke and Kentucky both went out early in their conference tournaments, etc. It's been a weird year. The presumed #1 overall lost by 28 points yesterday. Yes, I will be very disappointed - make that pissed off - if at least 7 Big Ten teams don't get in.

ThunderDan
03-17-2024, 06:56 PM
Looks like 6 teams made it.

Joemailman
03-17-2024, 10:04 PM
Looks like 6 teams made it.

As expected. Iowa, Ohio State and Indiana had an outside chance if they made a run in Big 10 tournament. But none made it past the quarterfinals.

texaspackerbacker
03-19-2024, 12:19 PM
I did my brackets for this year, both the ESPN one and the one in Facebook. Naturally I picked the Badgers to win it all. If that happens, I should win $25k on the one and $30k on the other.

I'm also predicting the sun to go dark for a while on the day the Badgers win it.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 08:58 AM
We ain’t got shit to talk about after last week’s fun so putting this here.

I just want to see Long Beach get to the 16 with their dead man walking coach!

Anti-Polar Bear
03-21-2024, 11:38 AM
I did my brackets for this year, both the ESPN one and the one in Facebook. Naturally I picked the Badgers to win it all. If that happens, I should win $25k on the one and $30k on the other.

I'm also predicting the sun to go dark for a while on the day the Badgers win it.

Wisconsin is too white to win it all. We all know hoops is all about the Blacks.

That being said, I, for one, am putting my hard-earned frogskins on Nebraska. Wanna see their Japanese point guard make noises just to piss off the Blacks. Recall how the Blacks were all pissed and shit during the height of “Linsanity?”

Joemailman
03-21-2024, 11:55 AM
Not expecting too much from the Big Ten. Michigan St. looking pretty good so far though.

Fritz
03-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Not expecting too much from the Big Ten. Michigan St. looking pretty good so far though.

I'm just glad Michigan fired Juwan Howard. I didn't like the culture he had there - the players running the whole show, getting nasty with the long-time trainer there, none of the kids even pretending to play defense. What a shit show.

sharpe1027
03-21-2024, 12:03 PM
I'm just glad Michigan fired Juwan Howard. I didn't like the culture he had there - the players running the whole show, getting nasty with the long-time trainer there, none of the kids even pretending to play defense. What a shit show.

This is exactly why I am disappointed they didn't keep him around longer.

texaspackerbacker
03-21-2024, 12:50 PM
Wisconsin is too white to win it all. We all know hoops is all about the Blacks.

That being said, I, for one, am putting my hard-earned frogskins on Nebraska. Wanna see their Japanese point guard make noises just to piss off the Blacks. Recall how the Blacks were all pissed and shit during the height of “Linsanity?”

I guess you haven't seen Wisconsin lately hahahaha.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-21-2024, 01:17 PM
I guess you haven't seen Wisconsin lately hahahaha.

I saw the recent Wisconsin-Purdue game while punting away frogskins at the poker tables. Wisconsin had like two token Blacks in that game and none of the white players looked nothing like Tyler Herro.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 01:18 PM
I alway have WI going far but never winning it all. One year I did have the going to the final and I think they did. When the hell was that?

I put them in the final 4 this year.

bobblehead
03-21-2024, 01:19 PM

Who was the MVP last year?? I forget.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 01:27 PM
Yeah he isn’t funny when he does that and really it is a diss to all of the rest of you White folk. If he was representing us Brownies poorly we would deal with him. The burger routine gets the best responses based on complicated metrics. :lol:

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 01:31 PM
Ok BYU is coming back after getting blown out a little. Have them going 16.

Joemailman
03-21-2024, 02:01 PM
Ok BYU is coming back after getting blown out a little. Have them going 16.

#11 Duquesne beats #6 BYU. First real upset of the tournament.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-21-2024, 02:03 PM
Who was the MVP last year?? I forget.

Some pale-skinned giant from the Czech Republic?

I was mostly joking about how during the height of Linsanity, a Black journalist joked about Lin’s small manhood without facing much backlash.

I ain’t got a problem with predominantly white hoop teams, homie. Hell, the 99-00 Wisconsin team remains my favorite. 4 of the 5 starters were white, I believe, including Mike Kelley, who remains my favorite Badger. Couldn’t shoot worth a fuck, but could pass and play awesome defense - much like myself playing hoops in my youth.

77 of the Mavs, now that guy disgusts me. Ain’t cos he’s white. It’s cos he can’t play defense worth a fuck.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 02:55 PM
#11 Duquesne beats #6 BYU. First real upset of the tournament.
Yeah and I was gonna pick it as one of my upsets but went with Long Beach and busted the bracket. :lol:

Fritz
03-21-2024, 05:37 PM
You fuckin ' homer, Mad.

texaspackerbacker
03-21-2024, 07:40 PM
Two upsets so far. I did two brackets. The Duquesne/BYU game I picked one way in one bracket, the other in the other, as I was 50/50 about it. The other upset, Oregon over South Carolina, I picked in both brackets.

Joemailman
03-21-2024, 08:18 PM
Great game between Oakland and Kentucky.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 09:11 PM
You fuckin ' homer, Mad.
:lol: It was due to the coach being fired. I hate fukin LA!

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 09:12 PM
Great game between Oakland and Kentucky.
Hah! I picked Oakland but I only filled out one board unlike two
-timing Tex over here.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 09:58 PM
One big man that isnt losing today is Shaq. His Home Depot commercials are all net! Maybe it’s just the Alien Labs I was hitting but the “seeding” one had me cracking up.

KYPack
03-21-2024, 10:23 PM
That was a hellvua game with Kentucky and Oakland.

The locals are calling for Calipari's scalp!

Joemailman
03-21-2024, 10:31 PM

I would imagine. Lost to St. Peters 2 years ago and now this.

MadtownPacker
03-22-2024, 12:02 AM

I bet. UK ain’t the big dogs anymore!

Fritz
03-22-2024, 07:34 AM

Speaking of locals, ol' Fritzy here lives about a mile away from Oakland University.

I don't watch much basketball any more, but I did watch that game last night. It was fun. I kept waiting for Kentucky to step on the gas and throttle the Grizzlies, but they never did. Kentucky played like poo. And some of those Oakland kids really stepped up.

Their coach, Greg Kampe, is a fixture at OU. Hell, he's been their head coach since I graduated from college.

ThunderDan
03-22-2024, 11:30 AM
I got 13 of 16 correct in my bracket. Kentucky, Nevada and Drake were my losers.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-22-2024, 12:11 PM
Speaking of locals, ol' Fritzy here lives about a mile away from Oakland University.

California a-dreaming, eh? Across the bridge is Francisco, I believe. Let us know when the 69ers become your 2nd favorite team.

ThunderDan
03-22-2024, 01:03 PM
California a-dreaming, eh? Across the bridge is Francisco, I believe. Let us know when the 69ers become your 2nd favorite team.

Uhm... Oakland University is in Michigan.

SudsMcBucky
03-22-2024, 01:22 PM
Uhm... Oakland University is in Michigan.

https://youtu.be/PM9WewYlmC0?si=5qd3gvHrJllWbXKG

Joemailman
03-22-2024, 01:50 PM
Northwestern wins. Big Ten 2-0.

Marquette in a tussle with Western Kentucky.

MadScientist
03-22-2024, 05:17 PM
Northwestern wins. Big Ten 2-0.

Marquette in a tussle with Western Kentucky.

3-0 (Illinois, Northwestern and Michigan St.) PU, Wisconsin and Nebraska to go in round 1.

Joemailman
03-22-2024, 07:12 PM
Texas A&M and Nebraska combine for 102 points in 1st half. 58-44 in favor of Texas A&M.

Joemailman
03-22-2024, 09:07 PM
Badgers looking like they missed their wake up call early.

MadtownPacker
03-22-2024, 10:06 PM
Damn your WI boyz playing bad. Will be a big upset.

Joemailman
03-22-2024, 10:19 PM
At least Klesmit has showed up.

MadtownPacker
03-22-2024, 10:34 PM
They are making their big comeback!

ThunderDan
03-22-2024, 10:39 PM
We can’t hang on to the ball tonight. This sucks watching them turn it over and over and over.

MadtownPacker
03-22-2024, 10:43 PM
Looks like it ain’t happening guys. When is the last time WI lost in the first round?

red
03-22-2024, 10:49 PM
12 seed looked to be in comfortable control all game

they lost as soon as the seedings were announced. james madison was happy as hell and wisconsin just sat there looking defeated already

Joemailman
03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Looks like it ain’t happening guys. When is the last time WI lost in the first round?

2019 lost to Oregon.

Joemailman
03-22-2024, 10:55 PM
Wisconsin looked unprepared in 1st halffor defensive intensity James Madison brought.

texaspackerbacker
03-23-2024, 12:31 AM
Badgers out. The fucking season is over. Fuck the God damned officials. Fuck God damned Tom Izzo for starting that crap style - foul literally hundreds of times, knowing they will only get called for 20 or so, and the God damned officials will call them closer on the other team to keep the number of fouls even. Sometimes the Badgers play good enough to overcome that shit, sometimes they don't. Tonight they didn't. Fuck the damn NCAA for enabling that shit and fuck the God damned lame-assed commentators who just say "good defense".

Anti-Polar Bear
03-23-2024, 06:47 AM
Badgers out. The fucking season is over. Fuck the God damned officials. Fuck God damned Tom Izzo for starting that crap style - foul literally hundreds of times, knowing they will only get called for 20 or so, and the God damned officials will call them closer on the other team to keep the number of fouls even. Sometimes the Badgers play good enough to overcome that shit, sometimes they don't. Tonight they didn't. Fuck the damn NCAA for enabling that shit and fuck the God damned lame-assed commentators who just say "good defense".

My favorite NBA player is Dennis Rodman and I was a “shutdown” defender playing hoops in my youth. Therefore, I actually dig that aggressive Izzo-style defense.

Watched the game from a poker room, and let’s be real, yo. Wisconsin couldn’t score if they were in a brothel with a million frogskins - credit to James Midison’s defense. And Wisconsin’s defense itself was as defenseless as 77 of the Mavs playing defense. I coulda defended better than any of the Badgers in this game, and I ain’t played hoops since I shut down Charles Darren in a pickup game on the Wisconsin-Stevens Point campus in 2004.

The better team won, I reckon and whatnot.

Btw, Tex, received and read your recent PM. Good post. Inspiring. :)

Fritz
03-23-2024, 07:12 AM

Everybody's fault but Wisconsin's.

Spoken like a true fan(boy).

sharpe1027
03-23-2024, 07:32 AM
While the JM grabbed players consistently on drives and cuts, the Badgers failed to run a coherent offense. With a defense that collapsed on drives with aggressive help, they should have been positioning for the kick out three and cutting in behind the help defender while and looking for the pass on the drive.

Wahl should have been benched early in the second half.

Gard is not good at developing players and has taken the team down a notch from when he started with no sign of improvement. Is it a real risk a new coach will be worse? Absolutely. Do you take that risk? Yes.

ThunderDan
03-23-2024, 10:14 AM
9 out of 16 on Day 2.

ThunderDan
03-23-2024, 10:15 AM
While the JM grabbed players consistently on drives and cuts, the Badgers failed to run a coherent offense. With a defense that collapsed on drives with aggressive help, they should have been positioning for the kick out three and cutting in behind the help defender while and looking for the pass on the drive.

Wahl should have been benched early in the second half.

Gard is not good at developing players and has taken the team down a notch from when he started with no sign of improvement. Is it a real risk a new coach will be worse? Absolutely. Do you take that risk? Yes.

+1000

Our offense sucked. JM was quick and fast, shooting the passing lanes over and over. What did we do to adjust? Nothing.

If Klesmitt hadn't shot lights out from behind the 3 point line in the 2nd half, we lose by 20.

KYPack
03-23-2024, 10:28 AM

Tex is the fan man.

Tank = Fan Boy

texaspackerbacker
03-23-2024, 07:51 PM

Just like I always say about the NFL - I'm not a pro football fan, I' strictly a Packer fan. I also don't give a damn and won't even watch God damned NCAA basketball now that the Badgers are out.

The SHIT goes back to the God damned thug Piston teams - Laimbeer, etc. (were you a fan, Fritz? I'm pretty sure that's where God damned Izzo got that bullshit style. It's downright disgusting that the God damned officials enable and reward it. and the God damned commentators praise it.

The controversy about firing Gard or not is heating up again. I'm about 50/50 on that, maybe 60/40 for keeping him. I really wish Gard would come out with a statement that a team playing not to foul is at a bad disadvantage to the thug teams, and that starting next season, the Badgers are gonna sink to that level of shit too. I'm really fed up with seeing crap teams get away with that shit against Wisconsin.

MadScientist
03-23-2024, 08:24 PM
Duquesne got a visit and shoes from LaBron James, but their play won't help sell them. Illinois up by 21 with 7 minutes left in the first. And Illinois is usually a better second half team.

Joemailman
03-23-2024, 08:33 PM
When Illinois plays defense, they're really good. They can score against anybody.

Bretsky
03-23-2024, 08:36 PM
Badgers lost out on a big time WI kid to Iowa State today; what a surprise

KYPack
03-23-2024, 09:08 PM
Just like I always say about the NFL - I'm not a pro football fan, I' strictly a Packer fan. I also don't give a damn and won't even watch God damned NCAA basketball now that the Badgers are out.

The SHIT goes back to the God damned thug Piston teams - Laimbeer, etc. (were you a fan, Fritz? I'm pretty sure that's where God damned Izzo got that bullshit style. It's downright disgusting that the God damned officials enable and reward it. and the God damned commentators praise it.

The controversy about firing Gard or not is heating up again. I'm about 50/50 on that, maybe 60/40 for keeping him. I really wish Gard would come out with a statement that a team playing not to foul is at a bad disadvantage to the thug teams, and that starting next season, the Badgers are gonna sink to that level of shit too. I'm really fed up with seeing crap teams get away with that shit against Wisconsin.

Is there a sport that you understand that you CAN follow? You think Wisconsin played not to foul and JM hacked them out of the game? That ain't close to what happened. The Badgers were out-run and out worked by a hustling team that came ready to play and win.

1. Turnovers WI 19 JM 12. In the early going WI had 9 turnovers to JM's none
2. Steals WI 6 JM 14 But I supposed Madison fouled every they stole the ball, eh?
3. Fouls? James Madison had 1 more 20 - 19
4. Rebounds, JM by one 37 to 36

UW got beat in all categories and took an 11 point loss on the chin. This was an ass whipping, no excuses accepted.

I agree with one of your statements. You are not a pro-football fan.

texaspackerbacker
03-24-2024, 10:17 AM
Out-worked and out-hustled are code words for foul foul foul foul, ad infinitum, and hell yeah, the other team DID "hack them out of the game". Did you watch the game? They in fact DID foul on just about all of those steals and a helluva lot of other times on shots, rebounds, and unsuccessful attempts at steals. That sort of things happens a lot to a team like Wisconsin that basically avoids fouling. Yeah, the Badgers did play a bad game, as many times this season and other seasons, they have been able to overcome the shit and win anyway. Back in the day, the God damned thug Piston teams got away with that, and shithead commentators justified it by saying "it was their style". As I said, I wouldn't mind at all if Wisconsin (either with Gard or with somebody else coaching) stated publicly that they were gonna play that kind of game from now on. As Vince said, "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". If the God damned officials are gonna allow that shit, then adjust and do it too.

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 02:28 PM
Is there a sport that you understand that you CAN follow? You think Wisconsin played not to foul and JM hacked them out of the game? That ain't close to what happened. The Badgers were out-run and out worked by a hustling team that came ready to play and win.

1. Turnovers WI 19 JM 12. In the early going WI had 9 turnovers to JM's none
2. Steals WI 6 JM 14 But I supposed Madison fouled every they stole the ball, eh?
3. Fouls? James Madison had 1 more 20 - 19
4. Rebounds, JM by one 37 to 36

UW got beat in all categories and took an 11 point loss on the chin. This was an ass whipping, no excuses accepted.

I agree with one of your statements. You are not a pro-football fan.

Frist off, Tex tends to always thing the Badger and Bucks get screwed by the refs; I acknowlege that completely

Secondly, Wisconsin was clearly not ready to play. THey were outcoached, outworked, and James Madison seemed more talented and aggressive.

As you know I do bleed red and white and I'm not a Greg Gard Fan....as I say.....Greg Gard...great guy....always good, NEVEr great, and I want to be great.

With all that being said, the officials set the tone for this game by letting James Madison foul over and over and over without calling fouls. They were ultra bumpy off our dribbles, ultra bumpy when we picked up the dribble, and when we were posting they were pushing and shoving. Again, I get the tone the refs set, which was to pretty much let them play and ignore all of this.

And WI didn't lose due the refs. But with that being said, it was an absolute joke that James Madison didn't have double the fouls they did. We played soft, and passive defense and there was no foul discrepancy at all. It was a shitty job by the officials.

ONCE AGAIN, NOT BLAMING the loss on the refs. The Badgers were not ready in the first half and they couldn't take the jabs James Madison kept throwing. That's on the coaching and players.

But if I was Greg Gard I'd have completely lost my shit and Bo Ryan would have reacted very differently that Grego did

And YES, I know, I'm a horribly Bad Sport, and my wife constantly tells me that. But I turn that shit around and let her know, I'm an incredibly gracious winner :))) I'm the best sport in the universe after a win !

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 02:32 PM
With MARQUETTE's win today, Shaka Smart has led Marquette to the same amount of NCAA tournament wins in the last two days that Greg Gard has acculated in the past 7 years.

Joemailman
03-24-2024, 02:33 PM
Purdue now with a 12 point lead. Edey opens up so much for the other guys.

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 02:41 PM
Purdue now with a 12 point lead. Edey opens up so much for the other guys.

Yes, he does. And they have another big coming next year as he leaves. Mindblowing how that went down. Kid grew up in Mt Horeb. Badgers thought they had him locked down. WI State Journal does a big story on him and how WI has the lead as it used to be his dream to be a Badger. And the day after the story was published, he commits to the dam Purdies

Joemailman
03-24-2024, 02:48 PM
Badgers have everybody but Wahl coming back. But will they be better?

Joemailman
03-24-2024, 03:23 PM
James Madison came out playing very physical against Wisconsin. The refs allowed it. It took Wisconsin half the game to adjust to it. Once they did, they were able to score. They scored 41 points in the second half.

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 03:33 PM
Badgers have everybody but Wahl coming back. But will they be better?

Theoretically they should be. They are getting in a pretty highly touted Point Guard in Daniel Frietag and they have good connections with a portal transfer or two that they may or may not get.

With that being said, while GG is better than Paul C, I think it's a similar situation. If you are looking for greatness, a chance at UW is inevitable.

I wonder if they could throw a lot of $$$$ at the Iowa State coach and poach him. He's the real deal and outrecruites UW badly for the Wisconsin kids anways. He's our Fickmeister

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 03:35 PM
James Madison came out playing very physical against Wisconsin. The refs allowed it. It took Wisconsin half the game to adjust to it. Once they did, they were able to score. They scored 41 points in the second half.

When I was coaching, I would often sarcastically point out to referees that pressure defense is really effective if you let the players bump up all the way up the court off the ball, and in the post.
They let that happen Thursday. I made a few enemies with the stripes when I was coaching :)

sharpe1027
03-24-2024, 03:47 PM

Why didn't they use a timeout to make these adjustments in the first half?
Why did they not make a better effort to feed Crowl in the post and allow him to pass out to take advantage of the aggressive double team?
Why did they always drive into double teams instead of pulling up passing out?
Ultimately, tha players needed to execute, but I doubt they were all ignoring coaching.

ThunderDan
03-24-2024, 04:03 PM
One last thing to pile on Gard.

I think we were down 12 with 6 minutes left. That means we have to score 4-6 more baskets than JM to tie the game. We came out of the TV time out and ran the same slow offense. Same screen at the top of the key with a handoff. Waited 15 seconds and then try to go at the hoop.

Joemailman
03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Just turned on JMU/Duke. Duke up 24-9. They must have learned some things from watching the game Friday night. Duke with 6 3-pointers.

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 04:54 PM
Just turned on JMU/Duke. Duke up 24-9. They must have learned some things from watching the game Friday night. Duke with 6 3-pointers.

ya, we needed some 3 pointers; could have used Connor but he's in the GG shithouse

P.S. Storr plays no defense either, but he plays plenty

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 04:56 PM
One last thing to pile on Gard.

I think we were down 12 with 6 minutes left. That means we have to score 4-6 more baskets than JM to tie the game. We came out of the TV time out and ran the same slow offense. Same screen at the top of the key with a handoff. Waited 15 seconds and then try to go at the hoop.

IF you want to PILE on, consider this.

The Transfer portal has saved GG's ass. He doesn't recruit well at all. But each year we have plenty of opendings..aka...opportunites for the incomers. 2 starters and 2 of our best starters from the transfer portal. Take those guys away.....YIKES

call_me_ishmael
03-24-2024, 10:44 PM
Who cares about high school recruiting anymore in a world of the transfer portal. The stars are only staying in college for a year anyway.

Overall I am just ready for a change. Storr or whatever his name is is leaving they're reporting. I'm sure he has options. NIL killed college sports, my god.

Joemailman
03-24-2024, 11:11 PM
Houston/Texas A&M game was incredible. Houston won in overtime despite having 4 players foul out. TAM came back from 10 down with 1:17 left to force overtime. None of the top 8 and only 3 of the top 16 seeds have been eliminated. .

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2024, 11:18 AM
How about that! The crap little team that played over their heads (not to mention getting their thug Izzo style enabled by the God damned officials) to beat the Badgers reverted to normal and turned to shit against Duke. I hate it when that happens. Oh well.

I'm still 50/50 or 60/40 for Gard. As I said, I wouldn't mind at all if he sunk to the level of using that bullshit Izzo style which I hate but which teams get away with nowadays. I disagree that he is a bad recruiter. He just misses on a lot of Wisconsin high schoolers for whatever reason.

For the record, Bretsky, yes I absolutely do say the Badgers consistently get shafted by the God damned refs, but the Bucks not so much. The NBA was horrible for bias 10 or 20 years ago, and the Bucks were among the biggest victims then, but things have improved to where now, about the only time that bias shows up is when the Celtics are playing. For whatever reason, they clearly get favoritism. As for enabling thug defense, I've noticed that the Bucks have turned it up a notch or two on that in the past few games with Rivers. Whatever works, I guess.

Bretsky
03-25-2024, 08:38 PM
Who cares about high school recruiting anymore in a world of the transfer portal. The stars are only staying in college for a year anyway.

Overall I am just ready for a change. Storr or whatever his name is is leaving they're reporting. I'm sure he has options. NIL killed college sports, my god.

The great recruiters who can coach are still KING

Because UW sucks at recruting, there are always going to be NIL options who can come to UW and play a lot.

The NIL has saved Gard lately. Storr and Klesbitt.....take those two guys away and we'd be up shit creek

MadtownPacker
03-26-2024, 10:15 AM
Purdue now with a 12 point lead. Edey opens up so much for the other guys.Way crazy difference. Like the jr high kid that hit his growth spurt early.

MadtownPacker
04-06-2024, 05:05 PM
Down to the finish almost. My champ is still alive and it isn’t Purdue so let’s go NC!!

Joemailman
04-06-2024, 08:30 PM
Alabama at least making UConn work for it so far.

MadtownPacker
04-06-2024, 09:24 PM
Other game was decent until the last 10min.This one is turning out to be a good one. UConn was my obvious champ so let’s see if I get taken out.

Teamcheez1
04-07-2024, 05:35 PM
Good to see any team lose from North Carolina. UConn all the way.

Joemailman
04-07-2024, 07:37 PM
Big Ten going to get their first national title since 2000?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2024, 09:06 AM
In other sporting news, Cody “American Nightmare” Rhodes fucked the odds and defeated Roman “Tribal Chief” Reigns at Wrestlemania 40. The American Nightmare’s victory is indisputable proof that the WWE was, is and has always been scripted.

SudsMcBucky
04-08-2024, 12:32 PM
Big Ten going to get their first national title since 2000?

Nope. UConn gonna put a whuppin' on 'em.

MadtownPacker
04-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Big Ten going to get their first national title since 2000?It doesn’t make your school a winner!! Besides, Edey isn’t locking as much like Godzilla tonight against someone his size.

Oh shit he just went crazy on some blocks!

Joemailman
04-08-2024, 08:51 PM
It doesn’t make your school a winner!! Besides, Edey isn’t locking as much like Godzilla tonight against someone his size.

Oh shit he just went crazy on some blocks!

I'm not a big Badgers fan. I grew up on Notre Dame.

Purdue has a shot if Edey doesn't run out of gas.

MadtownPacker
04-08-2024, 08:55 PM
He is getting worked hard. uConn looks like the biggest overall team they have faced in the tourney.