PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather have Aaron Jones or Josh Jones

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2024, 04:48 PM
Man, I just think the Packers got worse at RB AND pissed off one of the greats. This dude is not only a great player but a great leader. I'm sure it will all work out but that doesn't sound great.

Fritz
03-12-2024, 04:53 PM
I voted Jones. I know it’s a sentimental choice and he’s been hurt a lot, but what a great back and even better human. I was hoping they’d bring him back for one more year so he could retire a Packer - cuz I think it might be his last year.

Plus I don’t know Jacobs from Adam. Maybe he’ll be really good someone on the internet compared him to Eddie Lacey in his prime.

Joemailman
03-12-2024, 05:20 PM
I assume the choice is between Aaron Jones and Josh Jacobs?

MadtownPacker
03-12-2024, 05:24 PM
I personally prefer a BJ over a AJ any day.

This poll is almost like picking between AntiPolarBear/Tank or CallM/
e/Partial. Very close to call. :lol:

Joemailman
03-12-2024, 05:24 PM
I went with Josh. Almost 4 years younger.

George Cumby
03-12-2024, 05:34 PM

Same. Not as elusive but a pretty nice skillset.

Let's see the stat line at the end of next season; my money says Jacobs >> Jones.

sharpe1027
03-12-2024, 06:20 PM
Without a solid backup, Jones isn't sufficient. Even when healthy, they limit his touches.

King Friday
03-12-2024, 07:55 PM
For 2024, Jones. For the three years after that, Jacobs.

MadtownPacker
03-12-2024, 08:24 PM
For 2024, Jones. For the three years after that, Jacobs.
What about CMI and APB?

run pMc
03-12-2024, 09:23 PM
Josh Jones the former safety drafted by GB, or Josh Jones the OL?

Aaron Jones is better than either of those two.

We'll find out if Aaron Jones is better than Josh Jacobs soon enough.

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2024, 09:43 PM
Man you guys are heartless. Give me AJO all day. Better player, better human.

Joemailman
03-12-2024, 10:12 PM

How do you know he's a better human? What do you know about Jacobs? And 2 years ago, Jacobs was the best running back in the NFL. But I guess I'm heartless for pointing that out.

Bretsky
03-12-2024, 10:36 PM

on paper he's younger. In terms of touches, they are about the same

Bretsky
03-12-2024, 10:43 PM
FIRST OFF, GUTEBAG completely JORDYNELON'D Aaron Jones this year. He wanted him to take a salary cut slightly over 50% of last year, "after" Aaron Jones helped out GB last year by taking a pay cut.

So let's not criticize anybody for holdouts; this was kinda cold.

Tom Pelissori reported this recently after chatting with Jones Agent. Noted it was a real possibility that GB was going to try to make Jones take a significant paycut. Also, Jones, we amicable about taking a restructure; had Gutebag offered a cutback to about 8MIL instead of the 6 MIL range he'd be a Packer.

So instead, we fabricate a 4 year 48 Million dollar contract for Josh Jacobs, who might be a better player and is younger in age but not touches.

But Year 2 of that deal, is for 14.8 Million. Play that back. This is basically a one year deal and then GB goes back to Josh Jacobs year after year to restructure. If that was the direction, we already had a stud RB willing to do that.

And Jones, after we waive him, we only get 5MIL of cap relief. GUTEBAG has veins of ICE.

After the end of season interview, UTEBAG was stupid enough to declare Aaron Jones was the heart and sole of the GB Packers and he would definitely be back with the Packers next season

HE FLIPPED; went cold, and sign a fairly comprable RB in talent, to basically a one year deal. .

Restructure Jones to a 2 year Deal, give him his 8 MIL this year, draft a RB in rounds 1-3, and call it day.

AND, use those Josh Jacobs funds for another safety or LB.

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2024, 11:37 PM
How do you know he's a better human? What do you know about Jacobs? And 2 years ago, Jacobs was the best running back in the NFL. But I guess I'm heartless for pointing that out.

I disagree he was the best back in the NFL. He may have had the most yards or best stats, but that doesn't mean he was the most talented and when you really need to make a play he can do it better than others.

AJO is a special player and the heart and soul of the team last year. I would guess the offense regresses significantly next year unfortunately. We shall see!

Lighten up on the heartless part :)

call_me_ishmael
03-12-2024, 11:39 PM
FIRST OFF, GUTEBAG completely JORDYNELON'D Aaron Jones this year. He wanted him to take a salary cut slightly over 50% of last year, "after" Aaron Jones helped out GB last year by taking a pay cut.

So let's not criticize anybody for holdouts; this was kinda cold.

Tom Pelissori reported this recently after chatting with Jones Agent. Noted it was a real possibility that GB was going to try to make Jones take a significant paycut. Also, Jones, we amicable about taking a restructure; had Gutebag offered a cutback to about 8MIL instead of the 6 MIL range he'd be a Packer.

So instead, we fabricate a 4 year 48 Million dollar contract for Josh Jacobs, who might be a better player and is younger in age but not touches.

But Year 2 of that deal, is for 14.8 Million. Play that back. This is basically a one year deal and then GB goes back to Josh Jacobs year after year to restructure. If that was the direction, we already had a stud RB willing to do that.

And Jones, after we waive him, we only get 5MIL of cap relief. GUTEBAG has veins of ICE.

After the end of season interview, UTEBAG was stupid enough to declare Aaron Jones was the heart and sole of the GB Packers and he would definitely be back with the Packers next season

HE FLIPPED; went cold, and sign a fairly comprable RB in talent, to basically a one year deal. .

Restructure Jones to a 2 year Deal, give him his 8 MIL this year, draft a RB in rounds 1-3, and call it day.

AND, use those Josh Jacobs funds for another safety or LB.

This is the obvious path IMO. We shall see what happens but on paper I really looks like he messed this one up to me.

Frozen Tundra
03-13-2024, 12:50 AM
I think that in the longterm interest of the team, Jacobs is the smarter choice. As for which of the two I'd rather see playing in Green Bay next year, I'm leaning toward Jones.

A lot of people are parroting the line that "they're basically the same back, Jacobs is just a younger version." They're not the same back. I've watched a lot of Jacobs tape the last 24 hours, and it's alarming how many times I see him tackled from behind in the open field or angled out of bounds. I'm not used to seeing that when watching Jones; Jacobs is a good back with a lot of top-end tools, but he does not have that second gear that Jones has. He's got an excellent burst through the hole (probably similar to Jones), but once he's in the secondary he just doesn't have that breakaway speed that made Jones so explosive. So many 15-yard or 20-yard runs that look good until you realize Jones would have busted them open for 30 or 40.

I think a lot of Packer fans have become so spoiled by Jones that we don't fully appreciate how special he was. Statistically better than Ahman Green in almost every significant category, but he made it look so easy I think a lot of us came to take it for granted.

But given a choice between making a move a year too early or a year too late, this was the better option. Gute has decided that our Lombardi window starts in 24, rather than 25, and is not willing to risk wasting a year by relying on Jones to stay healthy a full season at age 30. Porbably the smart move, one that will pay even bigger dividends in 25 and 26, but right now it hurts.

Fritz
03-13-2024, 07:13 AM
But is it a year too late with Jacobs?

Spaulding
03-13-2024, 08:58 AM
Heart says Jones and head says Jacobs. Voted Jacobs and drank a few beers to wash the foul taste out.

Deputy Nutz
03-13-2024, 09:18 AM
Jones runs like he is 230 and indestructible. He takes vicious hits and I am surprised that he had stayed productive to the age of 30. The Packers paid him well. The tires are worn thin, and he will still have some great stretches for the Vikings, but he isn't going to be an impact runner for an entire season. If he plays 17 games next year I will be really surprised.

call_me_ishmael
03-13-2024, 09:33 AM
Jones runs like he is 230 and indestructible. He takes vicious hits and I am surprised that he had stayed productive to the age of 30. The Packers paid him well. The tires are worn thin, and he will still have some great stretches for the Vikings, but he isn't going to be an impact runner for an entire season. If he plays 17 games next year I will be really surprised.

This is probably true. My thought process was that AJO is _that dude_ come playoff time, where as I'm not sure Josh Jones can get it done in the playoffs and is more than just a guy. He is a nice runner but AJO is a dynamic runner. I would be very comfortable letting AJO take it easy until playoff time. Give him the Kawhi treatment.

Deputy Nutz
03-13-2024, 10:02 AM
But you don't pay two running backs a combine 24 million dollars, Jones needs to be in tandem with another back, and that back also needs to eat and be effective.

bobblehead
03-13-2024, 10:20 AM

I mean, Josh Jones is a safety so we have a bigger need, but he is a shitty safety so there is that.

Seriously, at least get the players right.

That said, I would have just stuck with AJ and drafted guys. But this heartless talk is just silly. Its funny how someone like you always points out the NFL is a business when players make business decisions, but when a GM realizes that 26 years old compared to 29 (30 in 2024 season) is night and day then he is a heartless bastard. Gutes did what is right for the Packers. That is his job. If Love turns down $40 million per annum is he being a heartless bastard or is he doing what is smart for Love?

bobblehead
03-13-2024, 10:27 AM
This is the obvious path IMO. We shall see what happens but on paper I really looks like he messed this one up to me.

No, on paper he probably nailed it. But in terms of fans/locker room he probably got it wrong. I'll tell you what. If you want to place a friendly wager of $1 or $100 I will bet you Jacobs has a much better year than AJ next year...by much better I mean 20% more rushing yards and equal receiving yards. Jacobs has been much better than AJ over the past 3 seasons, all while playing on a dysfunctional team. Smart money says he is again.

bobblehead
03-13-2024, 10:32 AM
I think that in the longterm interest of the team, Jacobs is the smarter choice. As for which of the two I'd rather see playing in Green Bay next year, I'm leaning toward Jones.

A lot of people are parroting the line that "they're basically the same back, Jacobs is just a younger version." They're not the same back. I've watched a lot of Jacobs tape the last 24 hours, and it's alarming how many times I see him tackled from behind in the open field or angled out of bounds. I'm not used to seeing that when watching Jones; Jacobs is a good back with a lot of top-end tools, but he does not have that second gear that Jones has. He's got an excellent burst through the hole (probably similar to Jones), but once he's in the secondary he just doesn't have that breakaway speed that made Jones so explosive. So many 15-yard or 20-yard runs that look good until you realize Jones would have busted them open for 30 or 40.

I think a lot of Packer fans have become so spoiled by Jones that we don't fully appreciate how special he was. Statistically better than Ahman Green in almost every significant category, but he made it look so easy I think a lot of us came to take it for granted.

But given a choice between making a move a year too early or a year too late, this was the better option. Gute has decided that our Lombardi window starts in 24, rather than 25, and is not willing to risk wasting a year by relying on Jones to stay healthy a full season at age 30. Porbably the smart move, one that will pay even bigger dividends in 25 and 26, but right now it hurts.

Jones benefitted from a coach that stresses and practices second level blocking. They have missed similar games the last 4 years, but Jacobs workload was far greater. I love Jones, but Jacobs is a superior back at this point....but probably not 50% more in salary superior.

Sparkey
03-13-2024, 10:33 AM
Aaron Jones has great vision and plays like a beast, BUT he is coming to that age where rb's just become bad, or always injured or both. I also think, for a guy who only played a third of the offensive snaps last year, the pay cut ask was appropriate.

Josh Jacobs is a beast. McDaniels totally f'd up that Raiders team and Jacobs was much better when Pierce took over as HC. Josh Jacobs is like a combination of Thurman Thomas and Emmitt Smith. The guy has vision, great lateral agility and quickness and is excellent at one cut runs and a most excellent stiff arm. The only thing he does not have is elite speed. Color me EXCITED AS HELL that he is a Packer!!

Check out this read: https://www.nfl.com/news/back-2-campus/a-star-is-born

sharpe1027
03-13-2024, 11:24 AM
Jones was a higher risk option. I think they can kick the tires in some young unproven backups during training camp now. With Jones they would have probably needed to bring in a veteran since even best case, they would give significant snaps to the #2 back with Jones.

call_me_ishmael
03-13-2024, 12:01 PM
No, on paper he probably nailed it. But in terms of fans/locker room he probably got it wrong. I'll tell you what. If you want to place a friendly wager of $1 or $100 I will bet you Jacobs has a much better year than AJ next year...by much better I mean 20% more rushing yards and equal receiving yards. Jacobs has been much better than AJ over the past 3 seasons, all while playing on a dysfunctional team. Smart money says he is again.

Stats often don't tell the whole story. I believe AJO is the superior player and so does everyone else.

George Cumby
03-13-2024, 12:15 PM
Aaron Jones has great vision and plays like a beast, BUT he is coming to that age where rb's just become bad, or always injured or both. I also think, for a guy who only played a third of the offensive snaps last year, the pay cut ask was appropriate.

Josh Jacobs is a beast. McDaniels totally f'd up that Raiders team and Jacobs was much better when Pierce took over as HC. Josh Jacobs is like a combination of Thurman Thomas and Emmitt Smith. The guy has vision, great lateral agility and quickness and is excellent at one cut runs and a most excellent stiff arm. The only thing he does not have is elite speed. Color me EXCITED AS HELL that he is a Packer!!

Check out this read: https://www.nfl.com/news/back-2-campus/a-star-is-born

Good read, Sparkey.

Tough kid. I'm glad we got him.

George Cumby
03-13-2024, 12:17 PM
Stats often don't tell the whole story. I believe AJO is the superior player and so does everyone else.

Ok, you believe that, apparently Gute, who might have more information than us doesn't, as far as everyone else? Jacobs isn't quite as dynamic, but his skillset is really impressive. Also, addressing your 'stats don't tell the whole story', that's true; Jacobs is a much better receiver than his stats show.

Joemailman
03-13-2024, 01:29 PM
But is it a year too late with Jacobs?

I think he's still got something left. This was last November 26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XliQPFYFFFk

Ratatouille
03-13-2024, 02:03 PM
Interesting comparison in the link below. Jones has better metrics but is almost 4 years older than Jacobs and has missed games. I also think the Packers offense & O-line is much better than the Raiders and Jacobs will benefit from it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/comparing-new-packers-rb-josh-jacobs-to-aaron-jones

MadtownPacker
03-13-2024, 02:24 PM
:lol: Such a mamón!

Let’s see what this guy thinks…

https://youtu.be/EOKVJWsqHPs?si=4TmAe206Hmo8CR1g

Joemailman
03-13-2024, 02:29 PM

Maybe not everybody. :razz:

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
Mar 12
Who will have the better next 2 seasons in the NFL?
Aaron Jones 9.5%
Josh Jacobs 90.5%
8,992 votes
Final results

run pMc
03-13-2024, 04:14 PM
I think if you're going to give your RB1 18 touches a game, Jones will be better. If you're looking to get them 22+, Josh Jacobs is more likely to survive the season. Doesn't sound like much but it's 60 more touches over the season.

Jones is more explosive, but older and less durable. Age and injuries eventually accumulate on a player, and while the milage on Jones is low relatively speaking, he's probably not got much tread left on the tires.
If you're looking to add a player who is likely to get thru a full season and be there in 2025, you probably want Jacobs.

If they can find a Jones-ish back in the draft to pair Jacobs with they will be cooking with gas.

It's a little tricky comparing them because their styles are different. I'll be curious to see how they look in their new offenses.

call_me_ishmael
03-13-2024, 04:44 PM
Maybe not everybody. :razz:

Yeah but that's a bunch of Packer fans. Does anyone really think that Josh Jones, who kind of sucked balls last year, was better than Jones, who was an MVP candidate down the stretch? I do not. Jones is electric. I bet if you asked who is the better player for 10 touches per game every NFL guy says Aaron Jones.

Teamcheez1
03-13-2024, 04:50 PM
From the business side of things, Jones was injured most of last year and soon to be on the wrong side of 30. The whole contract matter is unpleasant, but that’s the GM’s job.

If Jones was worth more than $5-6M, then why did he jump at the Vikings one-year offer? Because Rosenhaus found out no one else was willing to pay him more than the Packers offered.

And by the way, he had to know he would never see the end of contract values that keep getting thrown around. I knew that when he signed the contract.

MadtownPacker
03-13-2024, 04:56 PM
How the fuck can anyone take you serious when you keep saying “Josh Jones”? It wouldn’t be so bad if you were trolling but you’re actually serious and it is very sad. Please let us know if you need help we are here for you. If not then get the name right fucking clown!!

sharpe1027
03-13-2024, 04:57 PM
Yeah but that's a bunch of Packer fans. Does anyone really think that Josh Jones, who kind of sucked balls last year, was better than Jones, who was an MVP candidate down the stretch? I do not. Jones is electric. I bet if you asked who is the better player for 10 touches per game every NFL guy says Aaron Jones.

What about the other 10+ touches?

Teamcheez1
03-13-2024, 05:13 PM
How the fuck can anyone take you serious when you keep saying “Josh Jones”? It wouldn’t be so bad if you were trolling but you’re actually serious and it is very sad. Please let us know if you need help we are here for you. If not then get the name right fucking clown!!

Are you referencing my post or someone else’s?

MadtownPacker
03-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Are you referencing my post or someone else’s?
Are you the one calling him that? :lol:

I’m talking about Partial, that freakshow is starting to make me think Josh Jones is a Packer.

Joemailman
03-13-2024, 06:09 PM

10 touches you're probably right. But most teams, including Packers, want more than 10 touches from their #1 RB. And Jacobs can give you 20+ a lot more often than Jones, especially at this point in Jones' career.

Bretsky
03-13-2024, 09:13 PM
Post this exact same poll 2 weeks ago and it's have been flippped.......11 Aaron....5....Josh

Homers :)

sharpe1027
03-13-2024, 09:21 PM
Post this exact same poll 2 weeks ago and it's have been flippped.......11 Aaron....5....Josh

Homers :)
Probably truth to this. I can't say what I would have said because the thought never crossed my mind before we signed Jacobs. I can tell you I really liked Jacobs and was worried about Jones durability and looming drop-off due to age.

texaspackerbacker
03-13-2024, 10:05 PM
If you wanted the poll to lean toward Aaron Jones, you shoulda worded it different. It's kinda a slam dunk that Jacobs will be better going forward - therefore, he gets the "homer" vote. If you said "who has been the better RB over the past whatever, 2, 3, 4, 5 years?, then we homers would probably say Jones despite Jacobs' glowing stats a couple of those years. Who you are playing with has a LOT to do with it. Jacobs doesn't need to be a workhorse RB like he was with Oakland. He will hopefully just be a change of pace to possibly the best passing game in the league with the Packers, like Jones was but healthy and available for more of them.

MadtownPacker
03-13-2024, 10:09 PM

Homers :)I think I would feel the same. I didn’t like always pinning hopes on Jones’ health. As a FF guy did you trust him in there for you every week?

texaspackerbacker
03-13-2024, 10:20 PM
It's possible we'll be doing the same, pinning our hope to some extent on Jacobs' health. He's just more likely to stay healthy - hopefully. I wanted a fairly equal RB in the 2nd or 3rd round to rotate with Jones. Now I want the same thing to rotate with Jacobs. Braelon Allen would be my choice, but I suppose there are a few others who would fit the bill too.

Bretsky
03-13-2024, 10:31 PM
It's possible we'll be doing the same, pinning our hope to some extent on Jacobs' health. He's just more likely to stay healthy - hopefully. I wanted a fairly equal RB in the 2nd or 3rd round to rotate with Jones. Now I want the same thing to rotate with Jacobs. Braelon Allen would be my choice, but I suppose there are a few others who would fit the bill too.

You used to have Jones Back !

Benedict TexasPackerBacker. Disappointed in you :)

texaspackerbacker
03-13-2024, 11:34 PM
If he was still here, I still would. It sounds like he dug in his heels and refused to take a pay cut which would have amounted to about the same he is getting from the enemy, so fuck him, he chose to leave and chose to sign with the enemy. Furthermore, it seems like a strong chance the new guy will be as good or better for quite a few more years. So probably, good signing and net good all the way around.

bobblehead
03-14-2024, 05:46 AM

No...clearly 32 GMs do not. Basically most everyone understands that Jacobs is the better player. AJO was a fan favorite and one of my personal faves, but he isn't a bell cow. Jacobs is.

bobblehead
03-14-2024, 05:57 AM
Let me put it this way. Would MiLF have given Jacobs carries 12-20 in the 3rd quarter of the 49ers game? If the answer is yes, than I want Jacobs. However if I had been MiLF Jones would have gotten the ball until he begged me to come out of the game.

sharpe1027
03-14-2024, 06:48 AM
Dillion split carries about 50-50 the past several years. Forgetting injury risk, Jones presents a higher risk that they don't find a solid backup because he requires someone to split the workload. From that angle, perhaps they figured they needed to bring another veteran running back if Jones signed with the Packers and factored that into the amount of his offer.

Bretsky
03-14-2024, 08:01 AM
If he was still here, I still would. It sounds like he dug in his heels and refused to take a pay cut which would have amounted to about the same he is getting from the enemy, so fuck him, he chose to leave and chose to sign with the enemy. Furthermore, it seems like a strong chance the new guy will be as good or better for quite a few more years. So probably, good signing and net good all the way around.

Dug in his heels? First off, he had a contract. Secondly, he was unwilling to take a slightly over 50% hair cut off his base (after he took a pay reduction last year). Gutebag asking him to go from a base of roughly 11MIL to 5.5 MIL is pretty out there. Can hardly blame him for saying no to that.

Sparkey
03-14-2024, 08:30 AM
What about the other 10+ touches?

He must have missed the 13 touches for 35 yards AJ had against Pittsburgh this past year. ( *Yes, all rb's have bad games.....)

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2024, 09:41 AM
Dug in his heels? First off, he had a contract. Secondly, he was unwilling to take a slightly over 50% hair cut off his base (after he took a pay reduction last year). Gutebag asking him to go from a base of roughly 11MIL to 5.5 MIL is pretty out there. Can hardly blame him for saying no to that.

Yes, you stated the facts correctly. The question is, was Gutekunst justified in asking him to take the cut, and should Jones have been open to doing so? I'd say yes based on age and injury status. A lot of big contracts are intended from the start to either be restructured or decreased or just terminated when the big money years come around.

bobblehead
03-14-2024, 01:53 PM
I think I would feel the same. I didn’t like always pinning hopes on Jones’ health. As a FF guy did you trust him in there for you every week?

Jones has cost me more leagues than any back I can think of. I'm not sure he ever won me one.

bobblehead
03-14-2024, 01:55 PM

We don't know for sure what was asked or offered, just rumors. The only thing we know is that if Jones was willing to take the $7 million he signed for, most of us would have liked to keep him.

bobblehead
03-14-2024, 01:56 PM
Yes, you stated the facts correctly. The question is, was Gutekunst justified in asking him to take the cut, and should Jones have been open to doing so? I'd say yes based on age and injury status. A lot of big contracts are intended from the start to either be restructured or decreased or just terminated when the big money years come around.

One of your better posts. You should keep them all simple like this. Gutes always has a right to ASK a player to take a cut. A player under contract always has a right to say no. End of story.

Fritz
03-14-2024, 04:39 PM
We all probably have these fantasy narratives in our heads. Mine was that they'd restructure Jones, he'd take a bit of a pay cut, and they'd draft a couple of promising understudies in April. Then Aaron Yoda Jones teaches the younguns how to play football like a professional, and how to act like a professional. Meanwhile, Jones stays surprisingly healthy, and with The Flower parsing his carries carefully, he has a great year and carries the team to a surprising SB win next year while the youngsters show great promise.

Then, just before the SB, Drew Barrymore calls me up, because Mad contacted her and told her about my crush, and she asks me if I want to fly out to Cali to watch the SB with her. We have wild sex before the game, watch the Packers win the SB, which inspires Drew to say to me "Do whatever you want?" and -

Okay, I'll stop there.

I just hope Jacobs is damn good.

MadtownPacker
03-14-2024, 07:13 PM
Jones has cost me more leagues than any back I can think of. I'm not sure he ever won me one.
This is what I thought might be the case. He was incredible but consistency is needed.

bobblehead
03-15-2024, 01:03 PM
We all probably have these fantasy narratives in our heads. Mine was that they'd restructure Jones, he'd take a bit of a pay cut, and they'd draft a couple of promising understudies in April. Then Aaron Yoda Jones teaches the younguns how to play football like a professional, and how to act like a professional. Meanwhile, Jones stays surprisingly healthy, and with The Flower parsing his carries carefully, he has a great year and carries the team to a surprising SB win next year while the youngsters show great promise.

Then, just before the SB, Drew Barrymore calls me up, because Mad contacted her and told her about my crush, and she asks me if I want to fly out to Cali to watch the SB with her. We have wild sex before the game, watch the Packers win the SB, which inspires Drew to say to me "Do whatever you want?" and -

Okay, I'll stop there.

I just hope Jacobs is damn good.

Your version of fantasy football is so much better than mine.

Jaire
03-24-2024, 09:04 AM
Would rather have both. RBs are cheap. Nice insurance too if one goes down

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 02:34 PM
The fact that Madtown posted that Josh Jacobs is a dedicated football player that lives and breathes the sport of football brings some peace to my mind. I thought he had a fallout there and was an asshole.

Mad would have the insider info there and I liked reading that

Jaire
03-24-2024, 03:18 PM
The fact that Madtown posted that Josh Jacobs is a dedicated football player that lives and breathes the sport of football brings some peace to my mind. I thought he had a fallout there and was an asshole.

Mad would have the insider info there and I liked reading that

Josh Jacobs is a good dude, good player. Davante was pretty devastated he left. Jones plus Jacobs would have been very special.

Bretsky
03-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Josh Jacobs is a good dude, good player. Davante was pretty devastated he left. Jones plus Jacobs would have been very special.

Releasing Aaron Jones, I think only saved 5MIL off of our cap. We eat dead money on his deal. For 5MIL, I'd have rather just spun this situation way differently, and kept him. What a DUO

smuggler
03-25-2024, 02:46 PM
Voted Jacobs because I assume the question refers to an entire 2024 season, and Aaron Jones will probably play 12 games. Hoping for 20 from Jacobs.

Fritz
03-25-2024, 06:08 PM
Because I am not an actual GM - just a sentimental fool - I vote for Aaron Jones. For half a second I thought they were going to have them both; as Bretsky said, that would've been a wet dream come true. You could still draft a running back or two, and let them watch and learn. Maybe ask Love if he'd take five million less that first year so he could have a Jag (very cool but breaks down often) AND a Ram truck in his backfield next year.

red
03-25-2024, 06:58 PM
Because I am not an actual GM - just a sentimental fool - I vote for Aaron Jones. For half a second I thought they were going to have them both; as Bretsky said, that would've been a wet dream come true. You could still draft a running back or two, and let them watch and learn. Maybe ask Love if he'd take five million less that first year so he could have a Jag (very cool but breaks down often) AND a Ram truck in his backfield next year.

i'd have liked to keep jones, and had the best rb tandem in the nfl

it sucks that we cut him because he had a 17 million dollar cap him, but is still gonna count 12.3 against while not being on the team. and that doesn't count the salary

even if he had taken the pay cut to 4 million dollars, he would have counted 16.3. did we really cut him to save less then a million bucks in cap space?

we saved 4.7 million, thats it. dillion will count 1.3, and somehow nixon is 6+ million a year

should have just kept him, and rewarded a guy who wanted to be here and actually took a pay cut last year

Joemailman
03-25-2024, 07:34 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Suffice to say, Raiders coach Antonio Pierce was not pleased to lose Josh Jacobs: “Don’t like to see it. I made it known, the heartbeat, a Raider through and through. As we all know, it’s a business. You hear that a lot, but it’s true. Money talks, BS walks... But that one hurt.”

MadtownPacker
03-26-2024, 10:22 AM

Mad would have the insider info there and I liked reading thatDamn, confusing me with Bobble is messed up! He doesn’t even have a tan!! He lives in Vegas.

MadtownPacker
03-26-2024, 10:29 AM
i'd have liked to keep jones, and had the best rb tandem in the nfl

it sucks that we cut him because he had a 17 million dollar cap him, but is still gonna count 12.3 against while not being on the team. and that doesn't count the salary

even if he had taken the pay cut to 4 million dollars, he would have counted 16.3. did we really cut him to save less then a million bucks in cap space?

we saved 4.7 million, thats it. dillion will count 1.3, and somehow nixon is 6+ million a year

should have just kept him, and rewarded a guy who wanted to be here and actually took a pay cut last year
If the fact he went straight to purple for the same amount doesn’t tell you how it went down then you are not only a hick but a stupid one at that. He wanted more, Pack said he wasn’t worth it, he took what Pack said he was worth anyways with a divisional rival. You can look through my post for years and see I was never a huge Jones guy. That’s because of consistency and like it or not it has hurt this team when trying to go on deep runs. He was great but always had worries he would blow a gasket while almost to the top of the mountain. If Jacobs can provide that we can see this young talented squad get to the top.

Look at the company you are keeping voting Jones:
Bretsky, homer
call_me_ishmael, clown show
Fritz, stalker
NewsBruin, must have been drunk

bobblehead
03-28-2024, 01:00 PM
Damn, confusing me with Bobble is messed up! He doesn’t even have a tan!! He lives in Vegas.

Come on...we are practically twins and you know it.

sharpe1027
03-28-2024, 03:38 PM
If the fact he went straight to purple for the same amount doesn’t tell you how it went down then you are not only a hick but a stupid one at that. He wanted more, Pack said he wasn’t worth it, he took what Pack said he was worth anyways with a divisional rival. You can look through my post for years and see I was never a huge Jones guy. That’s because of consistency and like it or not it has hurt this team when trying to go on deep runs. He was great but always had worries he would blow a gasket while almost to the top of the mountain. If Jacobs can provide that we can see this young talented squad get to the top.

Bretsky, homer
Fritz, stalker

Let's be honest with ourselves, though. The people voting for Jacobs are no saints. There's a low bar, actually there's no bar, to post at Packer Rats.

Fritz
03-29-2024, 09:12 AM

Bretsky, homer
Fritz, stalker

That's the fucking who's who of Packerrats.

MadtownPacker
03-29-2024, 12:47 PM
Come on...we are practically twins and you know it.
If the scouting reports of your slow or lack of hair growth are correct maybe….

MadtownPacker
03-29-2024, 12:50 PM
Let's be honest with ourselves, though. The people voting for Jacobs are no saints. There's a low bar, actually there's no bar, to post at Packer Rats.
Oh there is a bar!! Very low and it usually goes like this…

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l0O9yanlMYzLFoa4M/200.gif?cid=6c09b952tahrt8wipaxa3dvxiowl3t9vw4tam0 zg0ule0l7f&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif