PDA

View Full Version : Josh Jacobs

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2024, 09:49 AM
And, this guy, too, deserves his own thread.

The more YouTube clips I watch of this guy, the more he reminds me of - and I kid you not - Beast Mode. Only difference is, Jacobs doesn’t play with the thuggish attitude that Lynch did (not that there’s anything wrong being a thug in the rye). Filipinos are very humble folks.

14 years after the majestic Polar Bear - in an act of incompetence - refused to trade a 3rd rounder to the Hillbillies for Lynch, the Packers finally acquire a Lynch-clone.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2024, 10:29 AM
And, to pull a Patler, that 3rd round pick Thompson refused to give up? Alex Freaking Green. 475 rushing yards and zip TDs in two seasons in the Green and Mustard Yellow.

All Lynch did in Seattle was sculpt his own bronze bust.

Hopefully Jacobs morphs into Beast Mode in the Green and Mustard Yellow.

SudsMcBucky
03-14-2024, 10:38 AM
And, to pull a Patler, that 3rd round pick Thompson refused to give up? Alex Freaking Green. 475 rushing yards and zip TDs in two seasons in the Green and Mustard Yellow.

All Lynch did in Seattle was sculpt his own bronze bust.

Hopefully Jacobs morphs into Beast Mode in the Green and Mustard Yellow.

Yeah, that was really a failure of epic proportions for ol' Ted.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2024, 10:51 AM

A fluke ring with the greatest QB of his generation not named Brady might not denote “failure of epic proportions” but it’s close. Eli Fucking Manning has more rings than Butte, for fuck’s sake!

3 rings minimum had Butte and Beast played together in their primes.

Ratatouille
03-14-2024, 11:29 AM

Let's add hiring Mike McCarthy over Sean Payton.

Joemailman
03-14-2024, 11:35 AM
Let's add hiring Mike McCarthy over Sean Payton.

What has Sean Payton won that Mike McCarthy hasn't?

bobblehead
03-14-2024, 01:48 PM
Now APB I give you props. Lynch was my Jacobs comp for years. He plays with heart and has no use for media days. He isn't like Jones at all, nor is he like Dillon. He sort of meets in the middle and has been a bell cow. My guess is that we use him up for 2 years, maybe 3 then move on. The contract was written so we could move on at any point.

bobblehead
03-14-2024, 01:50 PM
And, this guy, too, deserves his own thread.

The more YouTube clips I watch of this guy, the more he reminds me of - and I kid you not - Beast Mode. Only difference is, Jacobs doesn’t play with the thuggish attitude that Lynch did (not that there’s anything wrong being a thug in the rye). Filipinos are very humble folks.

14 years after the majestic Polar Bear - in an act of incompetence - refused to trade a 3rd rounder to the Hillbillies for Lynch, the Packers finally acquire a Lynch-clone.

Thought he offered same pick as Hawks, but it was thought ours would be later in the round.

bobblehead
03-14-2024, 01:51 PM

The hearts and minds of people like me who hate Nathaniel Hackett.

Ratatouille
03-14-2024, 03:34 PM

Both have only won a single SB but Payton's offensive schemes & play calling are much better than McCarthy's. Drew Brees is a good QB but not in the same class as Rodgers. I believe if Payton & Rodgers had been paired together it would have been more than one SB. So does you question imply that McCarthy is just as good a coach as Payton?

Fritz
03-14-2024, 04:28 PM
Both have only won a single SB but Payton's offensive schemes & play calling are much better than McCarthy's. Drew Brees is a good QB but not in the same class as Rodgers. I believe if Payton & Rodgers had been paired together it would have been more than one SB. So does you question imply that McCarthy is just as good a coach as Payton?

This may be so - we'll never know unless we gain access to the multiverse - but I did read recently that Payton wanted a QB who did not "wing it" like say Fields and Russell Wilson, so he probably would've like all of Rodgers's complicated play calling. "If this, then this. If I nod with my LEFT eyebrow, I want the X reciever to go LEFT, not right, and the Y guy to go straight, not out. And if I wiggle my ass twice - not three times, twice - it means the running back needs to stay in and block, and the tight end must release immediately, but not over the middle. Never over the middle."

run pMc
03-14-2024, 04:57 PM
I think Jacobs is a good player and will be a RB they can leave on the field more than they could Jones. He's better than Dillon, that's for sure.

He had some atrocious OL run blocking. IF he can even approximate his 2022 season, look out. You'll see some bonkers play action throws to Dontayvion Wicks from the defense having to honor the run.

Joemailman
03-14-2024, 06:23 PM

Yes.

Joemailman
03-15-2024, 09:48 AM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Josh Jacobs remembers watching film on Jordan Love before #Packers traveled to Las Vegas in Week 5 last year. Even when GB offense struggled early last season, Jacobs saw Love could be special. The allure of sharing an offense with Love was very strong, Jacobs said.

Here’s why:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIuBKwKXwAALnfJ?format=jpg&name=small

MadtownPacker
03-15-2024, 09:51 AM
Don’t forget payton’s tainted SB was won by Bountygate not battling as a wildcard like M3. Brett was about to take them out in that NFCC if not for all the dirty shots.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-15-2024, 01:31 PM
Thought he offered same pick as Hawks, but it was thought ours would be later in the round.

Seafucks gave up a 4th and a fish for Lynch. A 3rd and a slice of cheese coulda gotten Lynch to don the Green and Mustard Yellow.

Thompson loved draft picks more than he loved winning. In addition to Lynch, Tony Gonzalez and Moss shoulda had been Packers.

MadtownPacker
03-15-2024, 10:15 PM
If you haven’t seen it:

https://youtu.be/uwDfseXINLQ?si=WVtoJASc1uP_U2tz

Vincenzo
03-16-2024, 12:41 AM
If you haven’t seen it:

https://youtu.be/uwDfseXINLQ?si=WVtoJASc1uP_U2tz

I watched that whole entire interview……

Packer reporters asked too many questions - poor JJ handled himself well.

You can tell he’s really young and hoping to make more money than his fucking $12.5 million signing bonus.

I’m hoping he’s super hungry!

Fritz
03-16-2024, 07:24 AM
Man, he's got some white teeth! Looks like a Hollywood star; his teeth nearly blinded me.

Frozen Tundra
03-16-2024, 03:05 PM

You can tell he’s really young and hoping to make more money than his fucking $12.5 million signing bonus.

Yeah, you nailed it. That guy impressed. He really has a lot of poise and maturity, sounds like a real pro and a "team guy".

I also found it interesting that he's offseason freinds with Jones.

bobblehead
03-18-2024, 02:41 PM

He's hungry. I've seen everything Jacobs for the past several years living here. We got a football player. Not just a RB, but a guy who wants to win, lives eats and breaths football. He elevates people around him the right way. You just want to play harder seeing a guy like Jacobs who never mails it in. No one does it like Giannis, but Jacobs is in that conversation.

King Friday
03-18-2024, 08:18 PM
With Jacobs and our TEs, the red zone is going to be a comfortable place for Love to work. This offense will have an abundance of options in short yardage situations.

MadtownPacker
03-18-2024, 11:19 PM
Did Tex spike everyone’s drinks? :lol:

KYPack
03-18-2024, 11:54 PM
Tex tries to indoctrinate em before they get warped by the writers and the godamned media.

texaspackerbacker
03-19-2024, 12:55 AM
What's this all about? Optimism? Who did I indoctrinate?

MadtownPacker
03-19-2024, 10:21 PM
What's this all about? Optimism? Who did I indoctrinate?
I was referring so many of the optimistic posts as of late. Your never say die attitude is my favorite thing about you.

texaspackerbacker
03-19-2024, 11:38 PM
Oh, ok. Honestly, I hadn't noticed. If it's about Love, optimism should be obvious. Ditto that about the receiving corps. Improvement with the new DC? That's pretty obvious too. Free agency? Being optimistic about McKinney and Jacobs shouldn't take much indoctrination hahahaha. Losing Jones and keeping Dillon? Those are kinda 50/50 all the way around.

bobblehead
03-20-2024, 07:47 AM
I was referring so many of the optimistic posts as of late. Your never say die attitude is my favorite thing about you.

Its the offseason and WE CAN'T LOSE!!!

My Jacobs optimism is from living in Vegas. I will say that I don't think he is quite as talented as Jones though. But if it means less backups playing the net result is probably better.

Frozen Tundra
03-20-2024, 01:23 PM

My Jacobs optimism is from living in Vegas. I will say that I don't think he is quite as talented as Jones though. But if it means less backups playing the net result is probably better.

The more I see and hear about Jacobs, the more excited I get. We're getting a great player and a great teammate right smack in his prime. I heard a guy who runs a podcast in Vegas just last night, saying that after their final game this year, Jacobs was going around the locker room saying goodbye to some of the local media - telling them he didn't know which way the wind was going to blow, but just in case, he wanted them to know he respected them and appreciated them being straightshooters and professionals. Now, just who does that? I never heard of it before.

It really sounds as though the Raiders handled him badly from the beginning, not making use of him in the passing game except as a dump-off option, making him play in a meaningless game when he was injured, and not picking up his option. And even when he was playing out his last season, he apparently spent a lot of time and effort mentoring his replacement, Zamir White.

Sounds like a real high-character guy, loved by his teammates. Aaron Jones left behind some big shoes to fill, but it sounds like Jacobs is better suited to fill them than any other running back we could have found.

Fritz
03-21-2024, 05:43 PM
That was probably a part of the calculation. Not a big part, or else they'd pay me to come in and play running back (I'm a great team guy!), but a part.

Joemailman
03-21-2024, 07:10 PM
That was probably a part of the calculation. Not a big part, or else they'd pay me to come in and play running back (I'm a great team guy!), but a part.

I actually think it was probably a pretty big part. They knew Jones leaves a leadership void, and wanted someone they thought could at least somewhat fill it.

You're almost to 20,000 posts!

Bretsky
03-21-2024, 08:06 PM
I actually think it was probably a pretty big part. They knew Jones leaves a leadership void, and wanted someone they thought could at least somewhat fill it.

You're almost to 20,000 posts!

MILESTONE

What will the 20,000th post be ?

I nominate "F@ck you Bretsky" .....haha

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 09:49 PM
Anything less than a Drew montage would be a 16 beating a 1 level upset.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2024, 09:55 PM

I have to confess. Not sure I like it. I prefer all of you dooming and glooming because for nearly two decades I have seen what happens when we all get our balloon two full of fresh air. I don’t want the Packers to be the popular pick in 2024. They can say Pack is up and coming but don’t please not the preseason darlings.

bobblehead
03-22-2024, 11:27 AM
I have to confess. Not sure I like it. I prefer all of you dooming and glooming because for nearly two decades I have seen what happens when we all get our balloon two full of fresh air. I don’t want the Packers to be the popular pick in 2024. They can say Pack is up and coming but don’t please not the preseason darlings.

My fear is one no one will even touch on. Love is the next Carson Wentz. Wentz looked incredible his first 20 starts or so, now he can't land a backup job. Love only looked incredible when the running game gave him favorable downs/distances. A lot of QBs look good in those situations (which is why I hate the way QBs get paid like they are the only guy who matters). Love showed a lot of good. He also showed some pretty bad habits at times. I need to see 17+ games of good Love this year. If I'm GB I don't extend him until I see that.

bobblehead
03-22-2024, 11:27 AM
Was that gloomy enough for you??

MadtownPacker
03-22-2024, 01:14 PM
Was that gloomy enough for you??
I feel like you went too far with the Wentz comparison but yeah that’s more like it.

Joemailman
03-22-2024, 01:45 PM
Sorry guys but Love put this team on his back long before Aaron Jones returned from injury. He'll get an extension for 50M per year before the season starts. Drink the Kool-aid!

bobblehead
03-23-2024, 01:15 AM
Sorry guys but Love put this team on his back long before Aaron Jones returned from injury. He'll get an extension for 50M per year before the season starts. Drink the Kool-aid!

And he made some pretty bad decisions that worked out. I'm not all doom and gloom, but there is a fear in the back of my mind. When Jones disappeared for most of the 2nd half against SF, Love looked pretty ineffective.

run pMc
03-25-2024, 11:16 AM
He's far from a finished product - his fundamentals -- specifically his footwork -- needs work, and there are too many times he's still putting too much air under the ball when he should just rip it. There were a number of plays last year that went in GB's favor that were fractions of a second from being disastrous picks.

He's got a promising future, let's see how he handles this offseason. If he's jetting around doing interviews and pimping Old Spice instead of working on his fundamentals, they have a problem. Personally I think he's a pretty well grounded individual (so far) and will be ok.

The other thing I wonder about is how teams will try to defend GB, specifically Love now that there's a season of tape and an offseason to study and adjust for him. Teams will find and attack any weaknesses in his game.
Having Jacobs and a good supporting cast will help mitigate that.

I also think, for both Jacobs and Love's sake, Gute takes some big steps towards solidifying the OL. I'm not fully confident in a Walker-Jenkins-Myers-Rhyan-Tom starting OL with Newman as the top backup. I think Myers and Rhyan are the weakspots and they will need to play better than they did to start last year. Maybe Rhyan makes a jump and improves this offseason, I think Myers is ok but getting more competition at C and G will help raise the floor of the OL. Would absolutely love to see this team have an OL that paired with Jacobs that just runs the ball right down the throat of the other NFCN teams. Play action passing would be super deadly.

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2024, 11:38 AM
I don't want them to mess with his fundamentals too much. A lot of the same criticisms were made about Favre and Rodgers, and I'd put them both as top five all time, GOATs at the time they played. Yes, Love does seem to be a well-grounded individual, and best of all, he has soaked up the Rodgers mindset of not throwing interceptions. He does have a great supporting cast around him, but you could just about say even this early in his career, same as Rodgers, he makes the rest of the team seem better than it is.

I'm fine with the starting OLine as it is. We could probably use a backup or two. As I have said many times, "just ok" is plenty good enough for the OLine if you have a mobile accurate QB.

Same as in the Rodgers years, same as always, I want the team to be "pass first". Jacobs should be (I hope) as effective or more so than Aaron Jones as a change of pace to the excellent passing game. Whether it was Jones or now with Jacobs, I want them to draft a fairly equal RB for rotation with the starter - Braelon Allen in the 2nd or 3rd round is still my top choice.

bobblehead
03-25-2024, 12:59 PM
Ya know Run, I've seen Powers-Jackson mocked in the first lately, but I think there is a good shot he is there in the 2nd for us. If Gutes drafted one of the elite OT prospects and Austin Powers in the 2nd I think our OL would be as good as anyone's in the league. Even then we should triple up in the 4/5th rounds for depth as I don't really like Rhyan at all. I'd love to hear the discussion if DeJean and one of the top OTs are both available when we pick.

bobblehead
03-25-2024, 12:59 PM
Tex, you realize Rodgers completely reworked his throwing motion from college to pros right? Working to improve is never a bad thing.

run pMc
03-25-2024, 02:49 PM
Ya know Run, I've seen Powers-Jackson mocked in the first lately, but I think there is a good shot he is there in the 2nd for us. If Gutes drafted one of the elite OT prospects and Austin Powers in the 2nd I think our OL would be as good as anyone's in the league. Even then we should triple up in the 4/5th rounds for depth as I don't really like Rhyan at all. I'd love to hear the discussion if DeJean and one of the top OTs are both available when we pick.

I'm skeptical of Rhyan's ability to be a starter, although he went from "keeping the 3rd round bust streak alive" to serviceable backup, so he might have another step in his game. I wouldn't bank on it, and given the JRJ-Rhyan platooning last year I doubt Gute is. I think they should improve the OL overall - the only guys who should be locks as starters are Jenkins and Tom. The rest are young and/or need to be pushed to keep their jobs.

Tex, you realize Rodgers completely reworked his throwing motion from college to pros right? Working to improve is never a bad thing.
Agree. Remember how Love couldn't hit a deep throw the first half of the season? How many times did he underthrow or throw from a jump or unnecessary hitch? He cleans that up, it improves his timing and accuracy. Maybe throwing a lob off your back foot to Wicks will beat the Bears, but it's not going to cut it in the playoffs against SF. A 3% improvement in his accuracy would make a big difference over the course of a season. Also can give your receivers a better chance at gaining more YAC. Why wouldn't you want that? As I've said Love is far from a finished product - he's 24 years old - and has a lot of room for improvement after one year of starting. If he doesn't improve in years 2 & 3 then I'll be concerned, and GB will likely have grossly overpaid for their QB.

red
03-25-2024, 04:41 PM
Its gonna be fun seeing josh jacobs running down the field with a couple db's hanging off him now that tackling has been banned

wonder if GB saw this coming and decided to go with a tank at RB because of it

Joemailman
03-25-2024, 05:15 PM
Its gonna be fun seeing josh jacobs running down the field with a couple db's hanging off him now that tackling has been banned

wonder if GB saw this coming and decided to go with a tank at RB because of it

Meh. NFL says hip drop tackle was used 230 times last year. That's just over 7 times per team. So over a 17 game season the average team would use it 0.4 times per game. It will require an adjustment by some players, but it's probably not as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

red
03-25-2024, 05:41 PM
Meh. NFL says hip drop tackle was used 230 times last year. That's just over 7 times per team. So over a 17 game season the average team would use it 0.4 times per game. It will require an adjustment by some players, but it's probably not as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

yeah, thats what they say, but the refs are now gonna call 5 times that many because its hard to tell between a hip drop and a regular tackle, and the league is gonna tell the refs to call the shit out of that

theres a pattern. took away low hits, took away high hits, now taking away mid hits

a 190 pound cb isn't gonna have a chance to take down a 230 pound RB now that they can't "hit them", or wrap them up and drop their weight.

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2024, 05:44 PM

True, but that was long before he became the Packer starter. Well after that, I heard whining about taking to long to throw and/or avoiding the middle of the field and some particularly ignorant remarks that he should throw more risky passes even if it results in more picks.

Love is now the established Packer starter, and there ain't much I'd like to see changed from last season.

Fritz
03-25-2024, 05:54 PM
yeah, thats what they say, but the refs are now gonna call 5 times that many because its hard to tell between a hip drop and a regular tackle, and the league is gonna tell the refs to call the shit out of that

theres a pattern. took away low hits, took away high hits, now taking away mid hits

a 190 pound cb isn't gonna have a chance to take down a 230 pound RB now that they can't "hit them", or wrap them up and drop their weight.

I agree with Red here, insofar as to establish the rule the refs will overcall it for the first two-thirds of the season, at least.

sharpe1027
03-26-2024, 12:34 AM
I bet if you asked four different refs to count how many hip drop tackles there were last year you'd get six different answers. There's the real problem.

sharpe1027
03-26-2024, 12:38 AM
I agree with Red here, insofar as to establish the rule the refs will overcall it for the first two-thirds of the season, at least.

You recently eclipsed 20k posts. Did Mad send you a watch or something?

Fritz
03-26-2024, 05:54 AM
You recently eclipsed 20k posts. Did Mad send you a watch or something?

Nah, he just watches my posts to make sure I don't say anything political. I have my fingers crossed that he'll reach out to Drew Barrymore to tell her of the humorous crush I have on her and my 20,000 posts at Packerrats. Once he explains what an enormous accomplishment that is - the sheer dedication, coming back from bans, thinking up mindless shit to say - then her producers will reach out to me and invite me to come on the show. Then Drew invites me to go out on a date, and afterwards she invites me back to her mansion.

I will celebrate my outpouring of vomit over the years by posting a gallery of Drew Barrymore pics in the near future.

MadtownPacker
03-26-2024, 11:07 AM
True, but that was long before he became the Packer starter. Well after that, I heard whining about taking to long to throw and/or avoiding the middle of the field and some particularly ignorant remarks that he should throw more risky passes even if it results in more picks.

Love is now the established Packer starter, and there ain't much I'd like to see changed from last season.That was me and that was Rodgers taking stupid sacks instead of throwing it away. He has always been shy about the middle once his core (Jordy Jennings Jones) WRs buddies left. Sorry but he just wasn’t that exciting to watch if he wasn’t hitting deep passes. Became extremely predictable too!

Does it hurt you I was right about him the whole time? I might not be a football expert but I read folks faces well and clearly he was a POS. Just glad he showed everyone he always has been.

texaspackerbacker
03-26-2024, 04:39 PM
Throwing it away is one thing - a better thing than taking a sack. Putting it up for grabs is quite another - never a good thing unless it's hail mary time. And it's a third thing yet to hold it, hold it, hold it, going through progressions and finally hitting somebody who is open - which Rodgers did a LOT. That might have cost a few sacks, but not many in comparison to the successes it brought.

Didn't Rodgers have a record of throwing to bigger number of receivers in games than just about anybody? I would hardly call him predictable, at least not in a bad way.

I can see how you'd be negative about Rodgers on a personal level - the no autograph incident. However, I can't see being in denial of Rodgers' overall greatness on the field and the pleasure he brought us fans for winning football for such a long time. You're right up there with me in optimism about Love. I hope he never refuses an autograph for your kid hahahahaha.

bobblehead
03-28-2024, 12:58 PM
That was me and that was Rodgers taking stupid sacks instead of throwing it away. He has always been shy about the middle once his core (Jordy Jennings Jones) WRs buddies left. Sorry but he just wasn’t that exciting to watch if he wasn’t hitting deep passes. Became extremely predictable too!

Does it hurt you I was right about him the whole time? I might not be a football expert but I read folks faces well and clearly he was a POS. Just glad he showed everyone he always has been.

I hear that most people who struggle with english as a second language learn to read facial expressions and mannerisms extremely well to compensate so I have to accept your expertise on this one.

MadtownPacker
03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
If we are doing comparison let’s go with the only one that matters, SB wins. Favre and Rodgers both got one and IMO play very different. At the end of the day it was the same result. Love seems to be more about taking chances with his rifle arm. I say let him if it also amount to just 1 SB win.

He probably did have that record among many others but years before his undoing in GB he was predictable. Ask the 49ers who repeatedly embarrassed him. Sorry but beating downtrodden bears only impresses so much.

You don’t even have the story correct similar to those media shitheads. Please don’t fall to that. It is for low level con-men types like Bretsky. It wasn’t an autograph he couldn’t even say hi. Weak, very weak no matter how you cut it. You are also wrong for saying I never appreciated his winning. Several times I have stated he will always be a Packers champion and that can’t be denied. That doesn’t mean I have to like him. Don’t forget the others that got to that SB. Yea he had exciting moments but it had been years since the meaningful ones.

But the reason I say he proved himself a POS isn’t personal. That’s just why I don’t like him. He is a POS because he doesn’t talked to his family and who the hell does that?

Part of the story you also forget is I sat with his parents and spoke with his parents, GOOD and NORMAL folks that obviously loved their son very much. Ole Dad was pulling for his boy like you wouldn’t believe. I feel bad for them especially if the stories are true it was about money. If I had Rodgers type money for family wouldn’t need to ask for anything. That’s just how I would do it though. You folks operate much differently.

MadtownPacker
03-29-2024, 12:36 PM
I hear that most people who struggle with english as a second language learn to read facial expressions and mannerisms extremely well to compensate so I have to accept your expertise on this one.Maybe but English isn’t my second language. I don’t have a second language, only one that is pretty much hybrid. I laugh when your people think their English is proper because it isn’t too far away from Spanglish if you ask proper English speaking Brits.

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2024, 01:49 PM
If we are doing comparison let’s go with the only one that matters, SB wins. Favre and Rodgers both got one and IMO play very different. At the end of the day it was the same result. Love seems to be more about taking chances with his rifle arm. I say let him if it also amount to just 1 SB win.

He probably did have that record among many others but years before his undoing in GB he was predictable. Ask the 49ers who repeatedly embarrassed him. Sorry but beating downtrodden bears only impresses so much.

You don’t even have the story correct similar to those media shitheads. Please don’t fall to that. It is for low level con-men types like Bretsky. It wasn’t an autograph he couldn’t even say hi. Weak, very weak no matter how you cut it. You are also wrong for saying I never appreciated his winning. Several times I have stated he will always be a Packers champion and that can’t be denied. That doesn’t mean I have to like him. Don’t forget the others that got to that SB. Yea he had exciting moments but it had been years since the meaningful ones.

But the reason I say he proved himself a POS isn’t personal. That’s just why I don’t like him. He is a POS because he doesn’t talked to his family and who the hell does that?

Part of the story you also forget is I sat with his parents and spoke with his parents, GOOD and NORMAL folks that obviously loved their son very much. Ole Dad was pulling for his boy like you wouldn’t believe. I feel bad for them especially if the stories are true it was about money. If I had Rodgers type money for family wouldn’t need to ask for anything. That’s just how I would do it though. You folks operate much differently.

I guess this was at least partly for me, so I will comment hahahaha.

As I've said many times, IMO, consistent winning is the thing - the really great thing - which we Packer fans have enjoyed for over three decades now. The Super Bowl is just a thin layer of frosting on a delicious cake. I absolutely do NOT want Love to be more of a risk taker than Rodgers. Playing like Rodgers is IMO the key to his greatness and what sets him apart from other talented young QBs.

As for Rodgers being a "POS", if you say so. You seem to have more knowledge on the topic than I do. My position is that I basically don't give a damn. He is (or more accurately now was) OUR POS, meaning when he was a Packer and being the GOAT on the field, I could care less if he was a POS off the field. Now that he's gone, he ain't OURS, so fuck him - right up until the day he goes into the HOF as a Packer. Then, he is OURS again.

George Cumby
03-29-2024, 03:11 PM
Maybe but English isn’t my second language. I don’t have a second language, only one that is pretty much hybrid. I laugh when your people think their English is proper because it isn’t too far away from Spanglish if you ask proper English speaking Brits.

Maybe we should all binge watch Downton Abbey to learn proper and shit.

Fritz
03-29-2024, 03:14 PM

Clever. I see what you did there.

George Cumby
03-29-2024, 03:21 PM
Relevant:

https://youtu.be/5KSwXWH-Sj0?t=147

Fritz
04-02-2024, 11:29 AM
I watched that video, George. I don't get it.

Josh Jacobs - let's hope he can carry the load!