PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

red
04-26-2024, 08:39 PM
You don’t think he’s gonna put on some muscle at the NFL level? Pendejo!

yeah, he will

red
04-26-2024, 08:41 PM
I'll be honest. I have hated today. Ecooper is an athlete, not an instinctual LB. Bullard is the best S in a weak S draft....just like darnell savage was.

got some sand in your vagina?

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 08:41 PM
Still alot pf needs cb/g/edge/rb/s/lb

I think the man has a plan. 2 full rounds in, and he still has 10 picks left. He seems to know how use them to maximum advantage.

Dude's gotten rather good at his job the last few years.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 08:44 PM
The saltiness and thunderDan picking the correct safety instead of him.

Fucking toddler! :lol:

King Friday
04-26-2024, 08:47 PM
I'll be honest. I have hated today. Ecooper is an athlete, not an instinctual LB. Bullard is the best S in a weak S draft....just like darnell savage was.

I’d rather have an athlete on the edge that Hafley can coach up rather than A.J. Hawk 2.0.

King Friday
04-26-2024, 08:48 PM
Zzzzzzzzz…………….

Now we are going through medical ailments.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 08:50 PM
Zzzzzzzzz…………….

Now we are going through medical ailments.Yeah, thought the old guys would be pros but looks like they are attention needy like everyone else.

Tiki is actually doing good.

red
04-26-2024, 08:59 PM
des moines getting hit by a tornado right now

ThunderDan
04-26-2024, 09:38 PM
Zac Zinter gone. I would have liked that pick for the Pack.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 09:40 PM
What are we thinking ? Edge, CB, or another LB or S ? or OL ?

ThunderDan
04-26-2024, 09:43 PM
RB from Tenn

jklowan
04-26-2024, 09:44 PM
tj tampa, j kicks, j mcmillam, c hart, a Isaac all good players

wthigoot
04-26-2024, 09:44 PM
How about RB Shipley - Christian McCaffieneFree?

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 09:46 PM
Yeah RB sounds about right.

It has to be hard being cowboys fan. So much hype and big pomp while being to worst choker of the past 20 years.

jklowan
04-26-2024, 09:47 PM
c mahagony from bc

Sparkey
04-26-2024, 09:47 PM
Lloyd, USC rb

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 09:48 PM
Shifty lil bastard. Nice pick!

MadtownPacker
Ok what’s the next pick? Another LB?

red
tiny guy, like barry sanders tiny. 5'9

ThunderDan
04-26-2024, 09:49 PM
RB from Tenn

Right position, wrong school.

Sparkey
5'9" 210lbs

Like a bowling ball with legs

MadtownPacker
tiny guy, like barry sanders tiny. 5'9
Same size as Aaron Jones.

Joemailman
04-26-2024, 09:50 PM
Marshawn Lloyd

Pre-Draft Analysis
Lloyd explodes through the hole, accelerates around the corner and rips off chunk runs when he gets a seam. He has the foot speed to sift through traffic between the tackles, bounce outside and make defenders miss. Lloyd averaged 7.1 yards per carry last season. He's a compact back with good size and a low center of gravity. He uses his speed to make plays down the seam as a receiver out of the backfield and flashes after the catch. With his size and strength, he could develop into an effective pass-blocker. -- Steve Muench

Post-Draft Analysis
Green Bay saw Aaron Jones leave in free agency after the team signed Josh Jacobs at running back. That leaves veteran AJ Dillon in the backup role, but his contract is set to expire after the 2024 season. Lloyd is the type of powerful, patient runner (much like Jacobs) who is an ideal fit for the Packers' zone run scheme. He's also a dangerous pass-catcher out of the backfield and gives Green Bay another option in that role replacing Jones. -- Matt Miller

red
04-26-2024, 09:50 PM
Ok what’s the next pick? Another LB?

maybe time to take a flyer on wilson

my guess is someone we don't know

red
04-26-2024, 09:51 PM
Same size as Aaron Jones.

jones is that small?

i had no clue

edit. maybe i did and just didn't care

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 09:53 PM
Our Defensive Coordinator's best CB last year just came off the board....Elijah Jones

King Friday
Lloyd is a very similar back to Jacobs.

MadtownPacker
Marshawn Lloyd

Pre-Draft Analysis
Lloyd explodes through the hole, accelerates around the corner and rips off chunk runs when he gets a seam. He has the foot speed to sift through traffic between the tackles, bounce outside and make defenders miss. Lloyd averaged 7.1 yards per carry last season. He's a compact back with good size and a low center of gravity. He uses his speed to make plays down the seam as a receiver out of the backfield and flashes after the catch. With his size and strength, he could develop into an effective pass-blocker. -- Steve Muench

Post-Draft Analysis
Green Bay saw Aaron Jones leave in free agency after the team signed Josh Jacobs at running back. That leaves veteran AJ Dillon in the backup role, but his contract is set to expire after the 2024 season. Lloyd is the type of powerful, patient runner (much like Jacobs) who is an ideal fit for the Packers' zone run scheme. He's also a dangerous pass-catcher out of the backfield and gives Green Bay another option in that role replacing Jones. -- Matt MillerSounds like a younger and lower mileage version. Could start day 1.

Hey Tank, Pack finally got Marshawn at RB.!

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 09:54 PM
jones is that small?

i had no clue

Yes, we are used to this :)

red
ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

red
Yes, we are used to this :)

i hate you

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 09:55 PM
Still think Isaac Guerendo is the perfect breakaway RB who catches the ball well for GB, and he's a former Badger. Maybe tomorrow

Frozen Tundra
wilson has his work cut for him if he's going to stick, and Dillon's almost certainly gone now.

red
never heard of him

Bretsky
TJ Tampa, Patton Wilson, Adisa Isaac ? Probably not but who knows

Sparkey
04-26-2024, 09:56 PM
Hopper, LB Mizzou

jklowan
04-26-2024, 09:56 PM
man I thought he was a 6th round option

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 09:57 PM
never heard of him

He was on my long list for GB for the contest but I think I took him off. Really good player with high upside flashes. Fast dude...sideline to sideline guy

smuggler
Coverage linebacker. Happy birthday, kid!

MadtownPacker
Still think Isaac Guerendo is the perfect breakaway RB who catches the ball well for GB, and he's a former Badger. Maybe tomorrow
Get da fug out homer. WI ain’t what it was since Fresno St beat them that one time.

Bretsky
man I thought he was a 6th round option

YUP; I thought we was round 5/6 as well but I do like him as a player

Joemailman
Ty'Ron Hopper

Pre-Draft Analysis
Hopper is a lighter inside linebacker and is at his best playing downhill between the tackles. He has the burst to shoot into gaps and disrupt plays in the backfield. He chases with good effort and has the range to make plays outside the tackle box. Hopper gets to depth and reads the quarterback when he drops to hook or curl. He also is competitive matching up with tight ends and is -- for the most part -- an effective wrap-up tackler. In the NFL, he has good special teams upside. -- Steve Muench

bobblehead
I'll be honest. I have hated today. Ecooper is an athlete, not an instinctual LB. Bullard is the best S in a weak S draft....just like darnell savage was. I like wilson better than either LB we took. I like 2 RBs better than the one we took.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 09:58 PM
wilson has his work cut for him if he's going to stick, and Dillon's almost certainly gone now.Wilson is done by why Dillion?

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 09:58 PM
Get da fug out homer. WI ain’t what it was since Fresno St beat them that one time.

"that one time" ? I must have blacked out that nightmarish memory :)

King Friday
04-26-2024, 09:59 PM
This one feels like a reach. He’s got flashes, and is physical…but needs some consistency.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 10:00 PM
Coverage linebacker. Happy birthday, kid!
How are the hands because he is gonna get some INT chances with the rookie North QBs.

red
04-26-2024, 10:00 PM
I'll be honest. I have hated today. Ecooper is an athlete, not an instinctual LB. Bullard is the best S in a weak S draft....just like darnell savage was. I like wilson better than either LB we took. I like 2 RBs better than the one we took.

wilson is 137 years old, has had both knees replaced, and is due for a new hip

other then that he's the perfect prospect.

he's like a vintage toy. he's awesome if you leave him in his package and don't play with him

Sparkey
04-26-2024, 10:02 PM
This is the area where ST ability will bump up your value.

smuggler
04-26-2024, 10:02 PM
We knew they were gonna need different style of backers with the change to 4-3.

Hope this is a pick we look like geniuses on later, but definitely feels reachy.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 10:03 PM
Ok Ravens dude having his kids say “Steelers sucks” gets father of the year!

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 10:04 PM
Wilson is done by why Dillion?

I was thinking that from the way the front office has been raving about Wilson, they expect to keep him on the roster. If they're right abut that Dillon would be the 4th man in a 3-man position group.

But that'll all depend on whether the two younger guys meet expectations in camp.

smuggler
04-26-2024, 10:04 PM
How are the hands because he is gonna get some INT chances with the rookie North QBs.

Wouldn't say dainty. Maybe supple is the right word. He has a careful touch. I recommend 100%

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 10:05 PM
"that one time" ? I must have blacked out that nightmarish memory :)
2001, Carr the older one, broke your hearts. Haven’t won a national championship since. :lol:

red
04-26-2024, 10:06 PM
Ok Ravens dude having his kids say “Steelers sucks” gets father of the year!

i taught my old dog to say fuck the bears before i gave him his first packer jersey

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 10:07 PM
I was thinking that from the way the front office has been raving about Wilson, they expect to keep him on the roster. If they're right abut that Dillon would be the 4th man in a 3-man position group.

But that'll all depend on whether the two younger guys meet expectations in camp.
I took that as build up to dump him off to another team. I would take Dillion over him.

bobblehead
04-26-2024, 10:11 PM

The entire beach

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 10:12 PM
We knew they were gonna need different style of backers with the change to 4-3.

Hope this is a pick we look like geniuses on later, but definitely feels reachy.

I'm thinking that since he's fairly young (was still only 22 years old yesterday at this time), and has a frame that he could probably bulk up 10-15 lbs to the low to mid-230s, he might still develop into a contributor by next season while still playing a role this year.Must have seen some things they like that made him seem worth the development.

King Friday
04-26-2024, 10:13 PM
I’m still in shock that Cooper has 34 inch arms at 6’2”.

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 10:15 PM
I took that as build up to dump him off to another team. I would take Dillion over him.

Frankly, from what I've seen of him so far (in.... what.... 16 carries?) there's a really good basis for that argument, too. They sure do lay down the smoke.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 10:19 PM
i taught my old dog to say fuck the bears before i gave him his first packer jersey
You seem more like the type to teach your dog peanut butter tricks.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 10:20 PM
Frankly, from what I've seen of him so far (in.... what.... 16 carries?) there's a really good basis for that argument, too. They sure do lay down the smoke.Thats what I’m saying. I have never seen him do shit when called upon.

red
04-26-2024, 10:21 PM

lol

holy shit thats good

smuggler
04-26-2024, 10:23 PM

How are you able to sit at your desk and post online when you're actively on fire?

jklowan
04-26-2024, 10:25 PM
not a fan of round 3

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 10:28 PM
wgf? why did that double post?

smuggler
04-26-2024, 10:30 PM
Got a problem with the running back? I liked the quickness through the line, his wiggle, and a reasonable level of patience. He's not going to be able to bounce shit back around to the opposite side of the field in the pros, but that improv stuff should he simple enough to coach out of him.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 10:32 PM
How are you able to sit at your desk and post online when you're actively on fire?Hell has fireproof keyboards.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 10:32 PM
not a fan of round 3
I thought it was a awesome day. What didn’t you like?

jklowan
04-26-2024, 10:37 PM
would have preferred a cb and another ol in r 4, the lb and rb seem like reaches. I would have preferred other options later, hope these work out, GB history with the 3rd round is shakey at best

Fritz
04-26-2024, 10:45 PM
not a fan of round 3

Best part was all this Packerrats commentary I just read after getting home from Detroit. Man, you were going to get high down there whether you wanted to or not - the air was as thick as that car scene from the classic Cheech and Chong movie from way back when.

I think for me things seemed to go in the pooper right when the Iggles jumped ahead of the Packers to take Cooper Dijon. But then again, I absolutely hated the Packers' draft last year. So clearly I don't know shit.

That third round linebacker from Mizzou - Dennis Hopper? - sounds like a big reach. Are we going back to busted third-round picks, or does Guter know more than the draftniks and other GM's who had him going in the sixth? I dunno.

Now with still having a billion low-round picks Guter can move up to get guys he wants, or just make all kinds of picks and see if he can shake another Aaron Jones or David Bakhtiari out of the rest of the draft.

I think the draft did not go Green Bay's way - did Gutey get beaten to the punch on Dijon? Did h e panic with the Dennis Hopper pick? - but for all I know, Guter is getting head from a hot hooker in a hotel room right now, telling her that he just killed it today.

And Red, there ARE white people who live in Detroit. Forty-three of them.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 10:58 PM
Hopper really did seem to be a reach but Gute loves athletes. Who knows. Payton Wilson drafted right after him by Pitt so should be interesting to see which one, if either excels.

Kinda like the RB in round 3 though. Although I'd still love for GB to draft Guerendo with those insane measurables.

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2024, 11:11 PM
I'm moderately ok with day 2. We got the positions I wanted for the most part and did not take what I didn't want, another O Lineman.

I wish we had taken Braelon Allen in the 3rd, but I'm glad we did at least get an RB - who sounds a lot like Aaron jones except maybe faster. I woulda taken a flyer on Payton Wilson, but Hopper seems to have some potential too.

And Edgerrin Cooper sounds like the real deal. I wish I'd named him instead of Chop Robinson.

Jaire
04-27-2024, 07:08 AM
I think the draft did not go Green Bay's way - did Gutey get beaten to the punch on Dijon? Did h e panic with the Dennis Hopper pick? - but for all I know, Guter is getting head from a hot hooker in a hotel room right now, telling her that he just killed it today. .

Per his presser, Gute got his guys.

Fritz
04-27-2024, 07:17 AM

It's rare for any GM to NOT say that. I'd be interested in trying to read his body language, listen tothe tone of his voice.

Wouldn't you love to know? Did he really, really - as he claimed - have a trade-back in the works before the Iggles took DeJean? Or is that just a load of poo, and when the Iggles jumped ahead, Guter knew they were going to take the Mustard Man, so he just started calling to trade back cuz he knew his guy was going to be gone?

And why did he reach for that Mizzou linebacker? Did they fall in love with him while watching tape of that Rakestraw corner from Mizzou?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2024, 07:31 AM

Sherman said exactly that after he traded up in the third round for a punter named BJ Sander. There’s a reason Sherman ain’t ever missed the playoffs as GM.

Fritz
04-27-2024, 07:37 AM
Because he traded up into the third for a punter who sucked?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2024, 07:53 AM

Anyone who ain’t ever missed the playoffs knows what the fuck he’s doing, I reckon.

sharpe1027
04-27-2024, 08:05 AM
It's not a reach pick just because an Internet draft board says so.

They didn't like DeJean.

Bretsky
04-27-2024, 08:26 AM
Sherman said exactly that after he traded up in the third round for a punter named BJ Sander. There’s a reason Sherman ain’t ever missed the playoffs as GM.

SPEAKING OF MIKE SHERMAN, the TRAINWRECK AS A GM

Wide told a story about the trade of when GB traded, I think Matt Flynn to move up about 6-7 spots in round 1.

Ron Wolf created and handed out a bunch of press on Dan Morgan to the media as he was convinced that is who GB would end up with.

But there was a disagreement

And since Sherman was taking over, he trumped Wolf and drafted....yup...JAMAL REYNOLDS

interesting to hear all of that

Fritz
04-27-2024, 08:38 AM
It's not a reach pick just because an Internet draft board says so.

They didn't like DeJean.

Well, Sharpe, I decided to take fifteen minutes out of my life to watch Guter's presser after last night's picks, and I have come around to your point of view.

Maybe not so much they didn't like him, but that they didn't like him nearly as much as a lot of other not-Packer-scouts did. in watching the presser, Guter says a couple of times, in a couple of ways, that the board fell really well for them, and that the guys he was tempted to go up to get ended up being available to them. He mentioned that he was tempted to move up but his own scouting department pushed back against that and urged him to be patient, and it worked out really well. I know these guys can't give us the whole truth of what went down, but after watching the presser, I am now more inclined to think the Packers basically got who they wanted, and they didn't want Dejean nearly as much as many of us did.

Other things of note: he said, a few times, that he wants his linebackers to be able to run and hit. He mentioned that speed is more important than ever, and he also mentioned - and I quote - "it's a 4-2-5 league," and then he followed that by talking, more than once, about two items: special teams and versatility. I would think Bitchsaccia still has great influence in the room, because Guter mentioned special teams work for Bullard, Hopper, and Cooper as important. So Hopper may be more of a depth guy and special teams guy, until he proves otherwise.

The versatility piece seems more important to the Packers than to other teams. They really don't want to get caught short trying to make personnel changes - get guys on and off the field to match up against the offense. They really really want guys to be interchangeable, so that no matter what the offense is calling, the Packers won't get caught in a mismatch. Plus, when guys get hurt, you won't have to play someone who is far less talented but happens to play the specialized role the injured player has.

Speed, according to Guter, is more important than ever before. So he wanted speed, and apparently he thinks he's got speed.

Someone asked about Marshawn ____'s fumbling (I keep thinking "Marshawn Lynch" but I know it's not), and Guter said it's very correctable. He also said something interesting - that they've studied whether hand size correlates with fumbling, and he said it does not. That should comfort smaller-handed men around the world.

Guter really seemed relaxed and confident - he said that the board fell really, really well for them. They got their guys. If he is to be believed, he wanted to move up because he got antsy that "his guys" would be gone, but his scouts pushed back against that and counseled patience, and he did get his guys. I know, it could be bullshit, but it didn't appear rote or shifty. But maybe Guter's a good liar. He did, after all, say he really really wanted Aaron Jones back...but ont he whole, I'd say he appeared to have gotten the guys he wanted.

I was encouraged that he mentioned, toward the end, that he wanted to move around today, either to move up - or to add picks next year. I like that. Look to the future. Have extra picks going into next year, while a team like the Vikes has a massive hole - already - in their 2025 draft. Guter also mentioned that he repeatedly has said he wants more competition in the room, that it's good for guys' development, so if he uses all eight today he'll be "golden" with that, too.

I'm feeling better for realizing, once again, that my opinions are half-formed and half-assed, and I don't know shit, so I might as well trust Guter for now and see how it shakes out.

So - to come full circle - yeah, I think you're right: we, the fans, and the "experts" loved DeJean more than Guter ever did. And maybe Hopper was a "reach" for the experts, but not for the Packers' scouting department. "They need to be able to run and hit," he kept saying about the linebackers.

Spaulding
04-27-2024, 09:10 AM
Really nice summary Fritz. Good reminder that Kiper, PFF and Magazines aren't NFL GM's for a reason. Not to mention that GM's that go all in (see Dikta for all time here) in a few players miss out on plenty of later round gems. So many darts to throw today - I like it.

sharpe1027
04-27-2024, 09:23 AM
Really nice summary Fritz. Good reminder that Kiper, PFF and Magazines aren't NFL GM's for a reason. Not to mention that GM's that go all in (see Dikta for all time here) in a few players miss out on plenty of later round gems. So many darts to throw today - I like it.
That's not the summary, that's the full report. My earlier post is the TLDR summary.

Fritz
04-27-2024, 09:34 AM
And didn't the Raiders hire a so-called draft expert - Maycock? Mayock - to be their GM? So that's been tried. I don't think that one worked out. He wasn't a dumpster fire, but his record was about .500.

And yes, Sharpe, that was a long post I had there. Let's call it a more detailed summary. As well as my eating-some-humble-pie post.

Joemailman
04-27-2024, 09:53 AM
Where the Packers drafted guys compared to the consensus big board at https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/

25. Jordan Morgan (36)
45. Edgerrin Cooper (45)
58. Javon Bullard (59)
88. Marshawn Lloyd (88)
91. Ty'Ron Hopper (173)

Obviously the discrepancy that stands out is Hopper. I do know Gute said they timed him in the 40 faster than his recorded 40 time. Gute also likes his hitting ability. But I'll admit that's the one that threw me a bit. Seems like a role player.

George Cumby
04-27-2024, 09:57 AM
Great summary, Fritz.

Joemailman
04-27-2024, 10:04 AM
SPEAKING OF MIKE SHERMAN, the TRAINWRECK AS A GM

Wide told a story about the trade of when GB traded, I think Matt Flynn to move up about 6-7 spots in round 1.

Ron Wolf created and handed out a bunch of press on Dan Morgan to the media as he was convinced that is who GB would end up with.

But there was a disagreement

And since Sherman was taking over, he trumped Wolf and drafted....yup...JAMAL REYNOLDS

interesting to hear all of that

I assume you meant Hasselbeck. But wait a minute. Wilde is saying that Wolf was telling the press who he thought the Packers would be drafting before the pick was made? That seems hard to believe. There has always been speculation though about whether that was Wolf's last draft or Sherman's first draft.

sharpe1027
04-27-2024, 10:15 AM
I assume you meant Hasselbeck. But wait a minute. Wilde is saying that Wolf was telling the press who he thought the Packers would be drafting before the pick was made? That seems hard to believe. There has always been speculation though about whether that was Wolf's last draft or Sherman's first draft.

I assumed it was material prepared to share after the pick. Still odd.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2024, 10:19 AM

Wolf’s ego was bigger than Bobble’s - and Bobble’s as big as his net worth. No fucking way Wolf would ever yield to anyone. Either Wolf put out misinformation on Morgan or he, ever the egomaniac, was trying to dissolve himself of the Reynolds fuck up in the aftermath.

run pMc
04-27-2024, 10:25 AM
Seems like the 3rd round curse could strike again with Hopper. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
GB supposedly had him in the 4.5's for the 40yd and it sounds like he's willing to take on blocks and a good locker room guy. Morgan and Hopper were team captains, so they should be hard workers. Sounds like his COD is not good and his pass coverage isn't great either...lot of room for improvement. He has ST value, taking a pick in the 3rd for ST feels rich to me. He was a Day 3 guy they took early IMO. (Cedric Grey was there.) Seems like a lot of LBs started going so they took him while he was available.

I did like Marshawn Lloyd though. 5'9" 220 with speed and cutting ability that shows up on tape. Not a lot of wear on him from college.
He has to correct the fumbling and improve his pass pro. Thought there were character issues on him or something but I guess maybe not.

Could depth piece and could easily slide in as a RB2 by midseason.

Gute's going to say he likes his guys and the board fell how he wanted it. The way R3 went, I'm not sure I buy him. R2 fell pretty good for him, although there's a ton of speculation that GB traded down after PHI took Dejean at 40.

Day 3 is where he makes his hay. He has a lot of picks, let's see if he can cook.

bobblehead
04-27-2024, 10:34 AM
I'm moderately ok with day 2. We got the positions I wanted for the most part and did not take what I didn't want, another O Lineman.

I wish we had taken Braelon Allen in the 3rd, but I'm glad we did at least get an RB - who sounds a lot like Aaron jones except maybe faster. I woulda taken a flyer on Payton Wilson, but Hopper seems to have some potential too.

And Edgerrin Cooper sounds like the real deal. I wish I'd named him instead of Chop Robinson.

This is why I hate this draft to this point. Ok, round 1 was ok, we got a tackle in a really good tackle draft, but this draft was known for this: 1) Very deep OL draft 2) Very deep WR draft 3) Strong DL draft after round 1 4) Weak RB draft 5) Weak LB draft 5) Weak S draft. 6) Strong CB draft

We drafted 2 off ball LBs, a S and a RB with 4 of our 5 "top 100" picks Gutes raved about. We drafted for need because "we are so close". Those drafts have worked out for shit so far for Gutes. The last 2 drafts when we had to recover from the cap hell he pretty much took BPA and it worked out really well. EDGE and 2 TE in a draft that was deep at both. Then 2 late "tweeners" late that worked out well.

I hope I'm wrong, but this feels like one giant "need" draft.

bobblehead
04-27-2024, 10:36 AM

No cuz he inherited a great roster and then lost the job before the effects of his drafts took full effect.

sharpe1027
04-27-2024, 10:44 AM
It's not out of the realm of possibilities that Green Bay thinks they got their #1 option of the entire draft at three positions, S, LB, and RB. Weak at those positions or not, that's crazy.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2024, 11:00 AM
No cuz he inherited a great roster and then lost the job before the effects of his drafts took full effect.

Sherman had his share of hits. J-Walk was pro bowler who got Thompson a 2nd rounder, which eventually turned out to be Colledge, who was a starter on the fluke Super Bowl 45 team. White Nick Barnett was an all-pro and, albeit injured, a core player on the aforementioned SB team. Corey Williams was good enough to land Thompson another 2nd, which turned out to be Super Bowl hero Nick Collins. Scott Wells was solid as fuck. UDFA Cullen Jenkins dominated in the playoffs during the SB run.

To say that Sherman sucked as GM is full-scale ignorance. Did I mention that Sherman ain’t ever missed the playoffs?

Teamcheez1
04-27-2024, 11:05 AM
Attending the draft looks boring.

Bretsky
04-27-2024, 11:12 AM

Wolf was giving pressors/info to the GB media. So not to anybody outside of the building. Times were very different back then.

Bretsky
04-27-2024, 11:14 AM
I assumed it was material prepared to share after the pick. Still odd.

yes, that could have been we well. I thought it was slightly before the pick. Either way the GB media heads covering GB knew Wolf wanted Morgan and Reynolds was all Sherman..per Jason Wilde