PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Joemailman
04-25-2024, 11:37 PM
Best available going into Round 2.

19. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
For better or worse, DeJean has achieved outlier status due to his burly 6-1, 203-pound build more fitting of a safety. Leveraging his seldom-seen size, speed and ball skills by keeping him at outside cornerback still seems like the right move, though teams might look for other ways to tap into his explosiveness that's more linear than fluid.

20. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas
Texas Longhorns wide receivers Adonai Mitchell (5) and Xavier Worthy (1) celebrate a touchdown by Mitchell during the Big 12 Championship game against the Oklahoma State Cowboys at AT&T stadium on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023 in Arlington.
At 6-2 and 205 pounds with 4.34-second speed in the 40-yard dash, Mitchell might come across as a pure straight-line, downfield threat. The Georgia transfer's calling card, however, is the fluidity he shows off when easily shaking defenders on his breaks. If he becomes more physical at the catch point, he could become an imposing No. 1 receiver.

27. Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
Dismiss him as a mere slot receiver at your own peril. McConkey masterfully sets up defensive backs to break himself free of coverage at every level, and he has enough juice as a deep threat to force defenses to stay honest. Expect him to take on a significant role as a trustworthy weapon who can keep an offense rolling with his work on intermediate routes.

29. Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois
The reigning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year stands at a modest 6-2 and 304 pounds, but his track record of disruption speaks for itself. Though Newton relies on a slippery, persistent approach to beat blockers that might not be as consistently effective in the pros, his craftiness should unlock different ways for him to snake into the backfield.

30. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Steady and savvy, McKinstry is one of this class' most reliable defensive prospects. While he's not as dynamic as other cornerbacks, his well-rounded physical tools and outstanding recognition give him a high floor as someone who can be trusted to handle a variety of coverage assignments.

32. Payton Wilson, LB, North Carolina State
It's impossible to discuss Wilson's draft fate without acknowledging an extensive injury history that includes twice tearing the same ACL and surgery on both shoulders. But when healthy, the 6-4, 233-pounder can be a force in space, as the Bednarik Award winner demonstrated last season.

34. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
Rocketing onto the scene in his lone season as a starter, Powers-Johnson won the Rimington Award and was a unanimous All-American. Though he could also play guard, his punishing play screams solid starter at center.

35. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Any team looking to open up its offense might gravitate toward Franklin, who will make his living picking up yardage in chunks on deep shots. The 6-2, 176-pounder can mix in some quick hits for run-after-catch opportunities, but he likely will be more of a complementary piece in a passing attack rather than a focal point.

37. Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
The Deebo Samuel comparisons are simultaneous understandable yet unfair for the "YAC King," one of college football's premier threats with the ball in his hands. Expanding his repertoire to become a more reliable downfield target – particularly on contested catches – will be a vital factor in determining whether he grows into a complete receiver or is limited to a gadget role.

38. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
A four-time state wrestling champion in high school, Frazier's background is evident on every snap. He's bound to drive defenders when he locks onto them, though lengthier linemen could give him some problems given his short arms.

39. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
Few defenders in this class can match Cooper when it comes to chasing down the ball. To become a consistent force at the second level, however, the 6-2, 230-pounder needs to hone his instincts and not let his aggressiveness take him out of plays so frequently.

40. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
Concerns about his ability to separate have dogged Coleman throughout the pre-draft process. The Michigan State transfer, however, still makes his mark as a dependable jump-ball winner who can box out smaller defensive backs and be a major red-zone asset.

41. Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
The 6-4, 245-pounder looks bound to follow many other college tight ends in essentially becoming a supersized receiver who is most often split wide and asked to do little as a blocker. That role should still leave him plenty of opportunities to make his mark, however, as Sanders can create mismatches all over the field in the passing game.

42. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
Limited looks in Michigan's offense didn't obscure his big-play ability, which keyed his 16.4 yards per catch and 12 touchdowns on 48 catches. The 5-11, 185-pound target should continue to tax defenses with his acceleration and a toughness typically not seen from receivers of his build.

43. Jermaine Burton, WR, Alabama
Even though he led the Crimson Tide in receiving yards the last two seasons, the Georgia transfer's production never seemed to measure up to his potential. That shouldn't dissuade teams from taking a look long at a target with an impressive blend of quickness, toughness and polish.

44. Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
Hypercompetitive yet calm, Lassiter is the kind of determined coverage presence who can find his way in any scheme. Though his ball skills and overall athleticism aren't optimal, he can be a steadying addition to a secondary.

run pMc
04-25-2024, 11:59 PM
LOL several of the guys on this list are going R3 or later. I would be stunned if Dejean lasts to 41 though.

George Cumby
04-26-2024, 12:31 AM
Watch Gute take one of the centers.

Jaire
04-26-2024, 12:37 AM
This is a really deep draft where GB has a lot of picks. I'm hoping for Jenkins and Kneeland in round two.

Fritz
04-26-2024, 07:09 AM
Watch Gute take one of the centers.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless he wants to wait and take Zak Zinter a bit later.

Everybody in Packer Nation seems to be nearly foaming at the mouth for DeJean. Even if Guter gave up his other second, a third, and his mother to get him, Packer fans would be thrilled. Conversely, they'll be pissed pissed pissed if Guter doesn't trade up to get him. Or worse yet, if somehow DeJean is there when the Packers pick at #41 and they - take someone else.

jklowan
04-26-2024, 07:13 AM
I think and hope it is a LB at 41, but could see them taking a CB if Kool aide or Cooper is there

Fritz
04-26-2024, 07:23 AM
I think and hope it is a LB at 41, but could see them taking a CB if Kool aide or Cooper is there

I just looked up the first-round trades, and both the Loins and Vikes have gutted the middle of their drafts. Loins have no third or fourth round picks, and the Vikes have no fourth or fifth, and in fact I think have only like three picks total. On top of that, they gave up next year's third and fourth, too. Does the management up there reallty think they're only three or four players away? That seems crazy, like they've gotten impatient. If that extends to not letting McCarthy sit and learn for at least a year, then Ras is in for some rough fan times up there.

Joemailman
04-26-2024, 07:33 AM
As things stand right now, Packers have 4 picks today (41, 58, 88, 91). Bears 1 (75). Lions 1 (61). Vikings 0

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2024, 08:00 AM
I wouldn't thumb my nose at Jackson Powers Johnson or Zach Frazier. Packers whether they know it or not still have some holes to plug on the defensive side of the ball.

red
04-26-2024, 08:06 AM
no need for this thread. most rats will have thrown themselves off bridges by the time the draft starts tonight because we took a guy at #25 that their favorite draft site told them would be available at #27

Scott Campbell
04-26-2024, 08:11 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Unless he wants to wait and take Zak Zinter a bit later.

Everybody in Packer Nation seems to be nearly foaming at the mouth for DeJean. Even if Guter gave up his other second, a third, and his mother to get him, Packer fans would be thrilled. Conversely, they'll be pissed pissed pissed if Guter doesn't trade up to get him. Or worse yet, if somehow DeJean is there when the Packers pick at #41 and they - take someone else.

If they were that desperate to replace their lost free agents why didn't they just sign on of them instead of letting them walk (Hunter and Cousins).

Scott Campbell
04-26-2024, 08:12 AM

Either of those works for me. We have a few starting spots up for grabs.

Fritz
04-26-2024, 08:41 AM
If Guter is going to go up to get someone, history (Christian Watson) tells us he'll be on it fast and hard.

George Cumby
04-26-2024, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't thumb my nose at Jackson Powers Johnson or Zach Frazier. Packers whether they know it or not still have some holes to plug on the defensive side of the ball.

Same. They both sound like absolute monsters.

Fritz
04-26-2024, 08:43 AM
Honestly, if they pick one of those guys I'd be fine with it. Especially the guy with three names, because I'd like to see how they get all that on the back of his jersey.

George Cumby
04-26-2024, 08:46 AM
Honestly, if they pick one of those guys I'd be fine with it. Especially the guy with three names, because I'd like to see how they get all that on the back of his jersey.

lol

George Cumby
04-26-2024, 08:49 AM
I love that, as Fritz pointed out, Minny and Detroit have gutted their middle round picks. I'm also not convinced that McCarthy is the answer at QB for Minny.

Detroit, I get, their window is now. But Minny? LOL.

I expect Gutes to make hay with these next four picks.

Jaire
04-26-2024, 08:51 AM
As things stand right now, Packers have 4 picks today (41, 58, 88, 91). Bears 1 (75). Lions 1 (61). Vikings 0

I was thinking the same. Not the draft where you give up those picks.

run pMc
04-26-2024, 10:56 AM
I get the Lions, since they are probably thinking they have a short window with Goff and got to the NFCCG. Bears and Vikings make less sense. Bears gave up draft capital for Montez Sweat, and Keenan Allen so that's not bad, but in 2-3 years when Caleb Williams might be something one or both players will be gone. Rome Odunze is a good player.
Vikings have an aging defense, and no QB... so the picks they made make sense but at the expense of future picks smells like desperation. They gave up a lot for Hockenson, who is a top 10 but possibly not a top 5 TE. Seems like Vikings fans were in "extend Kwesi" mode last night but when they realize how much development Turner and McCarthy need they may be singing a different tune.

Their fans probably laughing at Gute for picking a T-Rex armed tackle who will probably move inside to guard. Way too early to say much, nobody has played a snap yet.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2024, 11:11 AM
Best Available Specific to the Packers for the 2nd Round

Cooper DeJean DB Iowa - Not sure if he is a fit at corner for the Packers or a move to Safety or the nickel would be in his future if the Packers would draft him. Solid all around football player that showed out at his pro day. Not sure the hesitation on him as he slipped out of the first round

Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama - There might be an issue with a foot, and possible surgery or something, I don't know. You could draft him to play the outside and move Alexander inside to cover the slot, but you really have a lot of question marks opposite Alexander. Hell Alexander is a question mark.

Jer'zan Newton DT Illini - Not sure how he fell out of the first round. I had Big Ten coaches telling me he was disruptor #1 in the Big Ten. Probably because his build isn't clean and he played at Illinois

Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M - I liked his film the more I watched it. The reality is most teams only play with two LB's on the field and don't buy into talk about the 4-3 base, you will see it about 23% of the time in Green Bay. You need to really athletic linebackers that can run and cover. Walker is athletic and better out of space. Seems clueless in coverage, loves defending green grass.

Javon Bullard S Georgia - Another Bulldog that just does what is expected and plays football the right way. Size is a bit of a concern for him as he plays super physical but under 200 pounds he is gonna have to protect himself in the NFL. Packers need a safety.

Ennis Rakestraw CB Missou - Is not an ideal fit for Gute as his RAS score is in the low 6's. He is an exceptional football player on the field though, and is a high IQ player with physicality.

Kris Jenkins DL Michigan/Braylon Fiske DL FSU/Michael Hall DL OSU - Not sure why the Packers go to the second round for a defensive tackle as they have a decent rotation at the moment. It would be for the future in 2025 or 2026. all three of these guys are pretty similar depending on what draft boards you look at. Fiske is probably the more explosive of the three while Jenkins is the strongest. Hall could be the best combination of strength and athleticism.

Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan - Lack of competition makes me nervous, but the Packers like their large athletic freaks for their defensive end positions. He fits the bill but they don't need it for the 2024 season

Max Melton CB Maryland - Just a solid player at corner, doesn't overwhelm in anything but has the RAS score that is lacking with several other 2nd round Corners. Again not sure the Packers can go into another season trusting Stokes is going to be healthy.

Jayden Hicks S Washington St - Big safety that will fit that hybrid S/LB role when the Packers go with a light box.

Peyton Wilson LB NCST - Has the testing numbers, just didn't love the physicality on film. Smooth player that could fill the coverage holes that are missing from the linebacking core.

Brandon Dorlus DL Oregon - Could bump to the inside on passing downs, and play the 5 tech on run downs, I think he offers a bit more flexibility than the other three defensive linemen above.

Kam Kinchens S Miami - It's too bad the guy didn't test well because his playmaking ability is off the charts, has great instincts and can fill that center field and box safety roles that would keep him on the field for every down. I was really impressed with his film.

Cooper Beebe IOL Kansas St - True guard in the NFL, typical hard working mauler with high trait athleticism from Kansas St. It's guys like this that are available that makes me sort of shake my head at the Morgan pick

Junior Colson LB Michigan - Frustrated because I wasn't blown away by the one film I could watch on him. Michigan's defense usually relies on aggressive down hill linebackers and that was not the impression I received. Might not have been his best film.

Jackson Powers Johnson C Oregon - Best center in the draft, but doesn't offer much in the way of position flexibility and that Packers hate that in their OL prospects

Zach Frazier C/G West Virginia - has more position flexibility than JPJ but lacks the size/athleticism combo

Mike Sainsistril CB Michigan - Lack of overall size would probably position him as more of slot cover guy and nickel player than an every down player for the Packers

Trey Benson RB FSU - I really like his patients and his ability to get to top speed within the first 15 yards. He can catch and run, and sees the angles in the open field. Not sure the Packers need a RB in the second round but Gute is gonna Gute.

Christian Haynes G Uconn - Love his athleticism. This is one of the better drafts for interior OL. Sort of wish the Packers addressed other needs in the first round.

Bralen Trice DE Washington - Didn't test great but another solid edge player. The NFL can't get enough of these guys so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers go after him

T'Vondre Sweat DL Texas - He is fat and but he is a bitch to dig out on the LOS. He is only a run down player, because he wears down. In a rotation he could give you a little bit of a rush. If the Packers are committed to stopping the run he would be a cat you would look at drafting. Reach in the 2nd but possible steal in the 3rd (if he is good he is good regardless of Round)

Lots of available receivers - Not sure why the Packers would spend this high of draft capitol on a receiver at this point, but Gute is gonna Gute
Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington
Adonai Mitchell WR Texas
Roman Wilson WR Michigan
Malachi Corely WR Western Kentucky
Keon Coleman WR FSU
Jalen McMillian WR Washington

Guiness
04-26-2024, 11:53 AM
DeJean is an interesting case. Posters on reddit were upset the Pack didn't take him, but he proceeded to fall further. Evaluators don't like something about him, he was 'ranked' in the top 20 and fell right out of the first round. We'll see where he finally gets picked up.

Fritz
04-26-2024, 12:11 PM
I get the Lions, since they are probably thinking they have a short window with Goff and got to the NFCCG. Bears and Vikings make less sense. Bears gave up draft capital for Montez Sweat, and Keenan Allen so that's not bad, but in 2-3 years when Caleb Williams might be something one or both players will be gone. Rome Odunze is a good player.
Vikings have an aging defense, and no QB... so the picks they made make sense but at the expense of future picks smells like desperation. They gave up a lot for Hockenson, who is a top 10 but possibly not a top 5 TE. Seems like Vikings fans were in "extend Kwesi" mode last night but when they realize how much development Turner and McCarthy need they may be singing a different tune.

Their fans probably laughing at Gute for picking a T-Rex armed tackle who will probably move inside to guard. Way too early to say much, nobody has played a snap yet.

Holmes has insisted he does not carry that mindset, but if he trades away one of next year's picks to move up this year we'll know he was bullshitting. Minny is a complete mystery to me - they don't have a third round pick next year already, I think. It's a weird team - some older guys on defense, I think, yet they are starting over at QB. Just a weird mishmash.

Joemailman
04-26-2024, 12:19 PM
Holmes has insisted he does not carry that mindset, but if he trades away one of next year's picks to move up this year we'll know he was bullshitting. Minny is a complete mystery to me - they don't have a third round pick next year already, I think. It's a weird team - some older guys on defense, I think, yet they are starting over at QB. Just a weird mishmash.

The Vikings have traded away their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for 2025.

Joemailman
04-26-2024, 12:51 PM
33 Buffalo (from Carolina)
34 New England
35 Arizona
36 Washington
37 LA Chargers
38 Tennessee
39 Carolina (from NY Giants)
40 Washington (from Chicago)
41 Green Bay (from NY Jets)
42 Houston (from Minnesota)
43 Atlanta
44 Las Vegas
45 New Orleans (from Denver)
46 Indianapolis
47 NY Giants (from Seattle)
48 Jacksonville
49 Cincinnati
50 Philadelphia (from New Orleans)
51 Pittsburgh
52 LA Rams
53 Philadelphia
54 Cleveland
55 Miami
56 Dallas
57 Tampa Bay
58 Green Bay
59 Houston
60 Buffalo
61 Detroit
62 Baltimore
63 San Francisco
64 Kansas City

Fritz
04-26-2024, 12:59 PM
The Vikings have traded away their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for 2025.

Holy hell, Batman. How are they going to surround the new QB with talent next year if they have a first-rounder and a bunch of late-rounders next year? That's crazy - and not in a good way.

run pMc
04-26-2024, 02:09 PM
Lots of available receivers - Not sure why the Packers would spend this high of draft capitol on a receiver at this point, but Gute is gonna Gute

It's a very good WR class,they could take someone Day 3. Don't see it Day 2.

Holy hell, Batman. How are they going to surround the new QB with talent next year if they have a first-rounder and a bunch of late-rounders next year?
MIN's OL has improved over the last few years (their tackles are pretty good at least) and they have the 3 'sons (Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson) who are good. Oh, and Aaron Jones. (too soon?)
I think it will impact their depth and could hurt them down the road as the team ages (and JJ gets paid). The regular season is a war of attrition.

DeJean is an interesting case. Posters on reddit were upset the Pack didn't take him, but he proceeded to fall further. Evaluators don't like something about him, he was 'ranked' in the top 20 and fell right out of the first round. We'll see where he finally gets picked up.
I'm not upset he wasn't picked, but I am a little surprised that he wasn't ....by GB or any other team. It makes me wonder if the doctors found something in the medical follow-ups. Absent that, he's worth a high R2 pick IMO.
Darnell Washington was mocked as high as the teens last year and lasted until R3 because of a foot injury. You never know.

jklowan
04-26-2024, 05:40 PM
reading reports that the Packers are 1 of 3 teams looking to move up in round 2, who do they covet?

red
04-26-2024, 05:56 PM
reading reports that the Packers are 1 of 3 teams looking to move up in round 2, who do they covet?

coop or kool aide

jklowan
04-26-2024, 05:58 PM
need to get in front of the cards I guess

jklowan
04-26-2024, 05:59 PM
I think its the LB they want here

jklowan
04-26-2024, 06:00 PM
here we go

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:03 PM
do NOT trade up. They can get a really dam good LB and a really dam good CB or S with the first two picks. In R 3 they will have a portfolio of Lineman to choose from as well as S/CB. Keep the picks

red
04-26-2024, 06:05 PM
do NOT trade up. They can get a really dam good LB and a really dam good CB or S with the first two picks. In R 3 they will have a portfolio of Lineman to choose from as well as S/CB. Keep the picks

other then dejean there are no really good safeties in this draft

thats why kitchens and nubin are still considered top prospects even though their RAS scores have then as being borderline retarded

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:06 PM
other then dejean there are no really good safeties in this draft

There are plenty of good safeties. If DeJean was that elite he'd have been picked already.

red
04-26-2024, 06:07 PM
good luck to anyone living in nebraska and iowa tonight

red
04-26-2024, 06:09 PM
whos representing the pack tonight, looks like a big dude, but can't see is face

jklowan
04-26-2024, 06:11 PM
bulaga

red
04-26-2024, 06:11 PM
bulaga

bulaga turned black?

jklowan
04-26-2024, 06:13 PM
bulaga is making the picks

red
04-26-2024, 06:16 PM
the guy i saw must not have been the packers guy even though he was standing behind to packer clad kids

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:16 PM
Bills have to go WR here

red
04-26-2024, 06:18 PM
bills take keon coleman

jklowan
04-26-2024, 06:19 PM
1st trade to the chargers

red
04-26-2024, 06:19 PM
chargers celebrating and high fiving

they like whoever they're picking

red
04-26-2024, 06:21 PM
chargers trade up to take ladd mcconkey

run on WRs

jklowan
04-26-2024, 06:23 PM
wr or edge here?

red
04-26-2024, 06:24 PM
atlanta just traded up with the cards

jklowan
04-26-2024, 06:24 PM
another trade falcons

red
04-26-2024, 06:28 PM
of course the biggest idiot of the night won a super bowl with us

andre milked is 5 seconds of fame for everything he could, then fucked up the name

red
04-26-2024, 06:29 PM
atlanta take ruke orohroahoaooora

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:29 PM
ANYBODY WATCHING ON TV ?

ESPN or NFL NETWORK ? Preference ?

ESPN seems to be WAY behind on picks last night; curious if there is a difference

King Friday
04-26-2024, 06:30 PM
The CBs are falling…so Gute is lining up to take a center.

smuggler
04-26-2024, 06:31 PM
Bummer about Ruke going to Atlanta. I liked him as a dark horse 2nd.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:31 PM
The CBs are falling…so Gute is lining up to take a center.

I would like Tanor Bortelini in R 4 or 5
I even took him off my NFL Draft List prediction thread contest for good karma

King Friday
04-26-2024, 06:33 PM
Sounds like an Olive Garden appetizer.

red
04-26-2024, 06:35 PM
tonights gonna be brutal

just make the fucking pick guy

bobblehead
04-26-2024, 06:37 PM
You guys know cooper is still going to be there at 41 and we are taking a WR

red
04-26-2024, 06:38 PM
You guys know cooper is still going to be there at 41 and we are taking a WR

you have history on your side

smuggler
04-26-2024, 06:40 PM
Yeah totally preparing mentally to take Fiske or Kneeland at 41.

jklowan
04-26-2024, 06:40 PM
it will be cooper just not the one most want

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 06:41 PM
ANYBODY WATCHING ON TV ?

ESPN or NFL NETWORK ? Preference ?

ESPN seems to be WAY behind on picks last night; curious if there is a difference

I can't even get NFL to load, but last night they were late on the picks too. I was reading them on the website a minute before they were announced. I switched to ESPN, and stayed there. Tonight I tried ABC, they were late too. So I'm just back on ESPN.

Jaire
04-26-2024, 06:43 PM
Lot of options here.

red
04-26-2024, 06:45 PM
Lot of options here.

i haven't seen anyone drafted that i really wanted

maybe that DT from illinois

King Friday
04-26-2024, 06:47 PM
That is a big boy

Bretsky
that DT would have been a great pickup IMO.

Jaire
one to go..... ........ Don't think anyone the Pack wanted is gone.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:48 PM
Rams pick DT Bradon Fiske.....

King Friday
04-26-2024, 06:48 PM
Meh. Those huge guys last about 2 years before they can’t lay off the cheeseburgers anymore.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 06:49 PM
Watching on ABC. Now we can get Honey Mustard and I will be cool with it.

Fuck it do it Gute!

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:49 PM
TOP 3 options ???

Every LB is still out there. Cooper out there. And of course there are all kinds of OL :)

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:50 PM
WHO did PHILY take ??

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 06:50 PM
Green Bay is on the clock; Pick 40 is already in.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 06:51 PM
LBer would be sweet also.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:51 PM
Is the great white hype still there ?

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 06:52 PM
Rams did have a white safety, Archuelta….

Bretsky
LBer would be sweet also.

sounds like there are 3 stud LB"s who are fits in GB. Odds are one will be there at 58

red
TOP 3 options ???

Every LB is still out there. Cooper out there. And of course there are all kinds of OL :)

kool aide still there, that center with 5 first names is still there. that kingsley guy

but its gonna be someone we aren't expecting

Joemailman
Eagles take DeJean.

Frozen Tundra

Yes, a full complement of Coopers still in stock.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:53 PM

That dude was good.

Jason Sehorn....was really good too

Other than that, who knows

red

i heard on a podcast that there hasn't been a white CB in the NFL since jason seahorn

Frozen Tundra
Damned long commercial.... our pick has to to be already in by now.

MadtownPacker
Eagles take DeJean.
:lol: Oh shit, gonna be some crying right now.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:54 PM
HAHA; GREEN BAY JUST TRADED THE PICK

red
Eagles take DeJean.

spoilers!!!

jklowan
Packers traded down with he sains

Jaire
Eagles sniped our pick it looks like.

Bretsky
DeJean gone and GB traded back

King Friday
Traded back.

MadtownPacker
That dude was good.

Jason Sehorn....was really good too

Other than that, who knowsHe also dates Angie Harmon at her hottest!

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 06:55 PM
shit - wetraded back

red
stop talking, we don't need to hear how everyone likes that shithole of detroit

jklowan
what did we get in return

King Friday
Packers prob looking at center, and think they can wait a bit.

Bretsky
Green Bay traded back 4 picks I think. If LB is a target now that the safety is going, it makes complete sense

red
04-26-2024, 06:56 PM
DeJean gone and GB traded back

almot seems like we wanted him

maybe should have traded up gutey?

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:56 PM
Packers prob looking at center, and think they can wait a bit.

Yup, like til tomorrow :)))

red
04-26-2024, 06:57 PM
He also dates Angie Harmon at her hottest!

she might be in the running for hottest chick ever, even though she talks like a guy

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:57 PM

Auto Trade back once he was picked....lol

I think there are 3 LB's who would really help up. Hoping for one of those 3.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:58 PM
Saints pick Kool Adie after trading up with us

red
04-26-2024, 06:58 PM
and koolaide goes at our former pick

guess we didn't want him either

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 06:59 PM
the CHop and Kool Aide are off the board.....top names out there

Jaire
Koolaid off GB's board with that foot.

MadtownPacker
Fuck trading up. Cooper or Koolaid fug em birh.

smuggler
We picked up 168 and 190.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:00 PM
and koolaide goes at our former pick

guess we didn't want him either

Bo Melton's brother is really dam good as a CB as well.

What did GB get ???

Frozen Tundra

Yeah. Could be he was Gute's guy at 41, and when the Eagles traded up, he knew it was DeJean. And he figures his next guy is going to be there at 45. I'll be curious to see who it is; maybe Edgerrin?

Bretsky
A good return for the trade back

Joemailman
04-26-2024, 07:01 PM
Packers traded down for 45, 168,190.

Bretsky
Yeah. Could be he was Gute's guy at 41, and when the Eagles traded up, he knew it was DeJean. And he figures his next guy is going to be there at 45. I'll be curious to see who it is; maybe Edgerrin?

Edgerrin would make sense...or Colston or Wilson

red

theres still a bunch of decent guys that would work

theres a day one starting center and OT still on the board. plus the LBs

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:02 PM
Packers traded down for 45, 168,190.

Keep adding late picks; it helps my chances for the 4th title :))))

Frozen Tundra
We picked up 168 and 190.

A 5th and a 6th????

red
Edgerrin would make sense...or Colston or Wilson

wilson scares the hell out of me, sounds like a guy who will always be on the IR

we already have enough of those

red
04-26-2024, 07:03 PM
A 5th and a 6th????

blah

shit we don't need

Frozen Tundra
Raiders are on the clock at 44,

Bretsky
Top RB is still on the board

King Friday
Keep adding late picks; it helps my chances for the 4th title :))))

Unless Gute uses them to move up in the 3rd

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 07:04 PM
Top RB is still on the board

They all are, aren't they?

We'll find a good one later today if it's on Gute's list.

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 07:05 PM

That makes more sense than adding more marginal longshots.

smuggler
04-26-2024, 07:05 PM
Maason Smith and Javon Bullard range. Those guys met with us.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:07 PM
Yeah that would be the shit!! Playing chess big time.

red
04-26-2024, 07:08 PM
if it was me, i'd take that center and fix the mistake made a couple years ago when we took our current clown

smuggler
Three corners selected from 41 to 43...

beveaux1
We have 13 picks now. One or two will be used to move up.

red
fuck

NVM

raiders took him 1 pick before us

smuggler
04-26-2024, 07:09 PM
Raiders took the center.

Frozen Tundra
Oh, well, so much for Max Melton.

We're on the clock again

King Friday
if it was me, i'd take that center and fix the mistake made a couple years ago when we took our current clown

I agree. LBs can be had further down. Give Jacobs some plow horses in front of him.

Jaire
Some will be happy with the pick.

....nice move back by Gute

(I'm following Bootleg .... picks are spoiled in the chat.)

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 07:10 PM
NFL.com says our pick is in.

Joemailman
Edgerrin Cooper!

MadtownPacker
Damn that White boy is a hoss!! Would have been nice. Will be a nasty Raider soon.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:11 PM
Edgerrin Cooper!Youre announcing before ABC is broadcasting it!!

Texas LBer is a great day 2 pick. Now these How’s have a Cooper they can crush on.

red
well, we got 1 of our 2 coopers

ThunderDan
He also dates Angie Harmon at her hottest!

Yes!!! Just going to post that.

jklowan
woot woot

Frozen Tundra
YEAH!!

red
04-26-2024, 07:12 PM
so off topic question, kinda

does quay walker suck? i've thought he was pretty good, but listening to podcasts, they make it sound like he was a big whiff

King Friday
04-26-2024, 07:13 PM
That will scratch an itch.

Jaire
04-26-2024, 07:13 PM

does quay walker suck? i've thought he was pretty good, but listening to podcasts, they make it sound like he was a big whiff

We'll see what Hafley can do with these two at LB

smuggler
04-26-2024, 07:14 PM
Feels good to get Edge AND 168, 190

Frozen Tundra
Gutekunst stayed cool, got the man he wanted in the 2nd, and picked up ammo to trade back up again in the 3rd or maybe even 2nd if he likes. Looks like a solid start to Day 2.

red
Yes!!! Just going to post that.

oh fuck it

i'll do the work

https://bikininewsdaily.com/street/tho/242699686f4034390531980f86c19dfa42bf2abd6119d2889e 4714c396ffc952.jpg

Jaire
04-26-2024, 07:15 PM
Brett Kollman loves Cooper (higher grade than Quay fwiw)

Joemailman

Blame Barry.

Frozen Tundra
Well, there's the first RB. Not surprising that it's Brooks.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:16 PM
Love the pick (maybe a bad sign).

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:18 PM
Would love to see Michael Hall at 58

MadtownPacker
Love the pick (maybe a bad sign).
No you sucked in so much dejean that you didn’t leave any for round 2. Fuck that eagle piece of shit.

bobblehead
Now trade up for suamataia

smuggler
04-26-2024, 07:22 PM
No you sucked in so much dejean that you didn’t leave any for round 2. Fuck that eagle piece of shit.

Absolutely legendary post

red
04-26-2024, 07:23 PM
Now trade up for suamataia

we would have a scary good o-line

MadScientist
04-26-2024, 07:23 PM
Do they really need to say the New York Football Giants anymore? The baseball Giants have been in SF for almost 70 years.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:26 PM
Michael Hall
Jason Bullard
Bo Melton

red
04-26-2024, 07:26 PM
Do they really need to say the New York Football Giants anymore? The baseball Giants have been in SF for almost 70 years.

its wose when the call them THE new york football giants

plus they don't even play in the state

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:27 PM
This guy is Cullen Jenkins son?

red
04-26-2024, 07:27 PM
Michael Hall
Jason Bullard
Bo Melton

we already have a bo melton

beveaux1
04-26-2024, 07:28 PM
Michael Hall
Jason Bullard
Bo Melton

Bo's brother has already been picked.

smuggler
If Washington plays their cards right they are going to be a completely different team this year. Like it so far.

red

don't know

they only mentioned his uncle played football

MadtownPacker
we already have a bo melton
That foo is just heartbroken right now, give him a moment or round.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:29 PM
don't know

they only mentioned his uncle played football
Ok it’s his nephew.

smuggler

Panthers DL Kris Jenkins' son. Cullen's nephew.

Frozen Tundra

Quay had some maturity and poor judgment issues early on, but Lafleur was patient and counseled him, and his 2nd year he made a lot of progress on that. I give him a lot of credit for that. Jaire reportedly worked with him too, got him interested in meditating.

So coming into 23, he had a bit of a bad rep in some people's eyes, and that's probably where the podcasts are coming from. Most of those guys just seem to steal material from one another, ayway. But he's been pretty productive both years, and Hafley has said a couple of times that he's really excited about getting his hands on Walker. Says he has a lot of ideas on how to use him.

So i think he'll have a really good year in 24. I'd just feel a hell of a lot better if they peel that green dot off of his helmet and find a different one to stick it on.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:30 PM
That foo is just heartbroken right now, give him a moment or round.

oops. Max Melton, and I don't care about the great white hype. Fuck him and all if Iowa and the Hawkeyes

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:30 PM
That Samoan dude from the iPhone commercial might be worth a 2nd at C.

red
04-26-2024, 07:32 PM
oops. Max Melton, and I don't care about the great white hype. Fuck him and all if Iowa and the Hawkeyes

don't say that

iowa is getting hammered by tornados right now

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 07:34 PM

It's still their official name; that's what they're legally incorporated as. Of course everyone would know what people were talking about if they just called them "The New York Giants", but I guess some people still say it sometimes as a bit of a joke.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:35 PM
Bucks lost in Overtime

red
04-26-2024, 07:35 PM
saying "premier high school in west virginia" just doesn't sound too impressive

https://dynamic-media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-o/1c/11/58/ea/img-20200923-110617-largejpg.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&s=1

red
04-26-2024, 07:37 PM
no one claps

just make the fucking picks guys

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:38 PM
Next year in Green Bay can we recruit some girls from the Oval Office to dress up as Packers cheerleaders and show up with us >

jklowan
04-26-2024, 07:39 PM
tj tampa, m kneeland, A mitchell, trey benson, rakeshaw jr, cole bishop, c braswell, j hicks, m hall, so much good stuff left we gonna get another great player

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:40 PM
tj tampa, m kneeland, A mitchell, trey benson, rakeshaw jr, cole bishop, c braswell, j hicks, m hall, so much good stuff left we gonna get another great player

Bingo; might even find a sucker to trade up 5 spots if we grade them them similar

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:41 PM
Absolutely legendary post
Why thank you but the low end Rats lob softballs all day so hard not to blast em.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:41 PM
no one claps

just make the fucking picks guys
Yeah homeboy talking about his sister dying the day before was not cool. Supposed to be a celebration.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:42 PM
Next year in Green Bay can we recruit some girls from the Oval Office to dress up as Packers cheerleaders and show up with us >
Sponsored by Jello?

King Friday
04-26-2024, 07:42 PM

We’ll be lucky to get the Musky Queen.

bobblehead
04-26-2024, 07:44 PM
Yeah homeboy talking about his sister dying the day before was not cool. Supposed to be a celebration.
Why is he not with his family

red
04-26-2024, 07:44 PM
We’ll be lucky to get the Musky Queen.

no fooling. i can call my cousin, i think she was that back in the day

red
04-26-2024, 07:46 PM
STOP TALKING ABOUT SHIT NO ONE CARES ABOUT

i need more fuel

King Friday
04-26-2024, 07:47 PM
If they are going to drag out all these drama queens, then they need to be hooked up to a dog zapper so if they say more than 20 words, they are tazed.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:47 PM
Why is he not with his family
Yeah you could see he was all emotional and didn’t even crack a smile. Probably should’ve let them know he had to get substituted.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:48 PM
no fooling. i can call my cousin, i think she was that back in the day
What year? :lol:

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:49 PM
If they are going to drag out all these drama queens, then they need to be hooked up to a dog zapper so if they say more than 20 words, they are tazed.
Yeah shit is turning into the Oscars on stage. where is Will Smith when you need him.

Rastak
Yeah you could see he was all emotional and didn’t even crack a smile. Probably should’ve let them know he had to get substituted.

I get it but he didn't break down so he did the job. He looks late 40's so quite sad his younger sister passed last night.

red

but its such a huge honor to walk up on that stage and yell "what up detroit" and have 100,000 people stare at you blankly

Bretsky
Sponsored by Jello?

yes, and Caramel :)

red
04-26-2024, 07:50 PM
What year? :lol:

30-40 years ago, if she was

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:52 PM
Dallas just seems to be going the wrong way

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:52 PM
I get it but he didn't break down so he did the job. He looks late 40's so quite sad his younger sister passed last night.
He was supposed to hype up the team instead he was all bummed out. And him being young is exactly what I’m talking about. If he had been one of the 70 yr old players it probably wouldn’t even have been noticed. Bu then he probably wouldn’t of said that to the crowd in the first place.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:53 PM
yes, and Caramel :)
We can ask the makers of Cajeta that way you can get some Latina reps.

ThunderDan
04-26-2024, 07:54 PM
MM looks happy in Dallas.

red
04-26-2024, 07:55 PM
we are at the point of the draft where i only know a few of the players left

MadtownPacker
MM looks happy in Dallas.
Keeping their job after that huge choke would make most smile.

red
ohhhh, don't bring out the cripples now, come on

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 07:57 PM
Fucking cold man. These guys actually have a league so very relevant and the kind of stuff today should show.

Bretsky

way worst than my Iowa comment :)

jklowan
just make the pick

red
04-26-2024, 07:58 PM
there goes my bronco brother

Rastak
Keeping their job after that huge choke would make most smile.

https://y.yarn.co/77df4367-42ed-441a-a50f-ce6d1a692268_text.gif

Frozen Tundra
Tampa's pick is already in, Packers on the clock

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 07:59 PM
Kneeland; I thought he was going to GB next. RAS and great senior bowl.

red
Fucking cold man. These guys actually have a league so very relevant and the kind of stuff today should show.

fuck off

lol, i'm running out of patience

MadtownPacker
The romanowski of PackerRats by far.

jklowan
04-26-2024, 08:00 PM
I think its hicks to us next, fill all three needs in the 1st 2 rounds ot,lb/s

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 08:01 PM
NFL.com says our pick is in.....

Hell, Houston's #59 is already in, too.

Too damned many commercials.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 08:02 PM
Biship, Melton, Isaac, Suamataia, and Tampa

and odds are none of these will be out pick but some great talent still there

MadScientist

Huh, I thought your Iowa comment was reasoned comment fully supported by evidence.

King Friday
We will be 5 picks behind after cripple-gate.

ThunderDan

Melton is gone.

beveaux1

Melton already gone.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 08:03 PM
fuck off

lol, i'm running out of patience

YOur problem, is you are sober. You are not used to being sober and in here :)

red
04-26-2024, 08:03 PM
mother fucker, you aren't just eating a 3 piece dark meal

i eat a fucking 4 piece

red
04-26-2024, 08:04 PM
YOur problem, is you are sober. You are not used to being sober and in here :)

yeah, this site really sucks when you see it with clear eyes and mind

i'm working on it though

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 08:04 PM
Tampa Bay--Chris Braswell......good ....lol

jklowan
04-26-2024, 08:05 PM
hicks, or bishop, come on man

ThunderDan
These highlights are horrible now. Guy gets stoned and the QB runs right into him. Great job.

red
javon bullard

run pMc
I'm hearing Bullard from UGA, which is a pick I like.

King Friday
04-26-2024, 08:06 PM
I will be very happy with Bullard.

Frozen Tundra
Damn! That's exciting!

MadtownPacker
Did the mailman stop announcing? He hasn’t even said his sad story yet.

Bretsky
04-26-2024, 08:07 PM
Bullard is a very solid pick imo.

Jaire
Well, that pick completely pissed off Brett Kollman. lol

Don't know anything about him.

beveaux1
We love Georgia players.

red
kind of a smaller guy

5'10.5 198

but a real baller

run pMc
04-26-2024, 08:08 PM
He's a little undersized, but he's fast, smart, and if Gute/Hafley are serious about interchangeable safeties, Bullard can do that with McKinney. Good pick IMO.

Gute is working on shoring up the middle of the defense, which was a big weakness last year.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 08:08 PM
Georgia always has vicious defenders. Like this pick.

red
04-26-2024, 08:09 PM
Well, that pick completely pissed off Brett Kollman. lol

Don't know anything about him.

who the fuck is brett kollman?

is that you B?

bullard was probably the top safety in the draft if you don't include dejean

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 08:09 PM
kind of a smaller guy

5'10.5 198

but a real baller
That seems like the right size for a violent S.

ThunderDan
04-26-2024, 08:12 PM
Hour plus plus, until our next pick.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 08:13 PM
Edgerrin Cooper!
You mad bro??

red
04-26-2024, 08:13 PM
that chick looks like fun in the sack

just gotta make sure you get rid of her before she sobers up and gets bitchy

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 08:14 PM
OK this is usually where Red will start getting really trashed and it will all go downhill from here so just warning you.

lions fans look way ridiculous with the SB ring head pieces considering they haven’t win shit.

red
04-26-2024, 08:14 PM
That seems like the right size for a violent S.

you think?

i'd be a more comfortable if he had another 10 pounds

but i still like the pick

red
04-26-2024, 08:15 PM
how does detroit have a white mayor

no white people live inside that city, they're all out in the burbs

red
04-26-2024, 08:17 PM
OK this is usually where Red will start getting really trashed and it will all go downhill from here so just warning you.

lions fans look way ridiculous with the SB ring head pieces considering they haven’t win shit.

thats the goal

red
04-26-2024, 08:18 PM
another guy with a dead sibling

MadtownPacker
04-26-2024, 08:18 PM
you think?

i'd be a more comfortable if he had another 10 pounds

but i still like the pickYou don’t think he’s gonna put on some muscle at the NFL level? Pendejo!

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 08:22 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. He still has 2 5ths, 3 6ths, and 2 7ths for trade bait; I'm not letting my TV out of my sight. I think he's going to trade up at least once more tonight, and probably between now and our #88.

bobblehead
04-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Kingsly was probably the last guy I really liked

Frozen Tundra
04-26-2024, 08:27 PM
3 picks in, and the Gutemonster has solved 3 of our 4 biggest problems - 2 of our 3 immediate, and one depth problem. Immediate help at S and LB, a solid depth/upgrade at OL. That's a damned good start. Even if he doesn't make another pick, he's probably made our team significantly better already.

I'm hoping next we go CB and maybe EDGE, then start double-dipping at just about any point he sees the right value. The man is on top of his game this weekend.

jklowan
04-26-2024, 08:28 PM
Still alot pf needs cb/g/edge/rb/s/lb

Joemailman
04-26-2024, 08:29 PM
Edgerrin Cooper

Overview
Highly physical linebacker with elite top-end speed and a burning desire to get to the football that can lead to some inconsistencies in his play. Cooper is average at diagnosing the run but takes off around traffic on a mission to find the ball-carrier once he sees it. He can be undisciplined playing his run fits and takes unorthodox paths downhill, but he somehow finds ways to slither around blocks and make challenging tackles. Cooper is a punishing hitter/tackler from any spot on the field, but he’s going to overshoot the mark from time to time due to his lack of control in pursuit. He’s a capable quarterback spy, can blitz the pocket and will be an instant hit on special teams, but teams will need to balance the inconsistencies with the passionate run-and-hit mentality.

Strengths
Plays each snap with unbridled passion and intensity.
Much more responsive and decisive in 2023 than he was in 2022.
Possesses elite long speed to walk down his tackle targets.
Skilled block dodger with ability to play around traffic without slowing much.
Terrific job of sniffing out screens and spying athletic quarterbacks.
Good blitzer with adequate cover skills as zone dropper.
Brings the thunder as a forceful striker.

Weaknesses
Occasionally loses track of the football while searching the mesh point.
Could struggle with consistency of diagnosis needed inside.
Needs to drop pad level during block take-ons.
Undisciplined with scrape technique and plugging his run fits.
Lack of knee bend leads to inconsistencies as an open-field tackler.

Joemailman
04-26-2024, 08:31 PM
Javon Bullard

Overview
Bullard isn't a clean fit as a full-time nickel and might lack the length and range teams seek from a split safety, but he's a good football player with the field awareness teams are looking for. He's going to be a little tight with lateral movements, which will create some throwing windows and missed tackles from time to time, but his route recognition and angles of pursuit help to stabilize his play. There will be some challenging matchups, but Georgia's provided the blueprint by playing him as a big nickel with run support and modest man cover duties -- NFL teams would be wise to follow suit. With the right fit, Bullard should develop into a quality NFL starter.

Strengths
Plays with above-average football intelligence and instincts.
Patient in reading and reacting to wide receiver’s actions.
Spatial awareness helps navigate rub routes and pursuit angles.
Has the route anticipation to shadow breaks from off-man.
Attacks blockers with stiff punch to separate as run supporter.
Centers up and accelerates through the targets as tackler.

Weaknesses
Could struggle covering large patches of grass as a high safety.
Short strider lacking comeback speed once he’s beaten.
Very average burst to close creates limited playmaking range.
Needs to come to balance a little sooner as an alley runner.
Tightness in hips creates inconsistency as an open-field tackler.

smuggler
04-26-2024, 08:37 PM
23 spots until we pick again. Gotta think we trade up this round.

red
04-26-2024, 08:38 PM
Kingsly was probably the last guy I really liked

lots of podcast guys really loved him

bobblehead
04-26-2024, 08:39 PM
I'll be honest. I have hated today. Ecooper is an athlete, not an instinctual LB. Bullard is the best S in a weak S draft....just like darnell savage was.