PDA

View Full Version : Suppose the packers....

packers11
09-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Go 3-2 into the bye week...
Optimistic?? YES...
Drinking my koolaid?? Yes...

But hey... just think of the big turn around.... We get better every week :mrgreen:

digitaldean
09-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Optimistic?? YES...

But hey... just think of the big turn around.... We get better every week :mrgreen:

I think we are talking toxic-strength Kool-Aid.... :shock:

lord favre
09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Suppose monkeys fly out of my ass and go to the gas station and buy me the winning lotto ticket...wouldn't that be cool?

gbpackfan
09-17-2006, 08:56 PM
I would expect 1-4 with a win over St. Louis at home. I would think that going 2-3 with wins over Detroit and St. Louis would take a small miracle. I stongly believe that going 3-2 is impossible. All that being said, if I were a betting man I'd put a cool mill down that the Pack will be 0-5. I am losing faith.

Just some food for thought, Javon Kearse and just about every CB the Eagles have went down with injuries today. I have no idea how bad they are.

mmmdk
09-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I will attend the Rams game on october 8th and I fully expect the Packers to win...the first game of the season. Pack 1-4 going into bye week - at best.

packers11
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM
hey... we could be like the 2004 packers and go 1-4, then go 10-6 :mrgreen: .... Anything is possible, its way to early to tell....

ND72
09-17-2006, 09:05 PM
I could see 2-3 going into the bye week. Fully expecting ot go into Philly in 2 weeks and just get creamed on in that one...hopefully not, but....Detroit NEEDS to be a W....needs.

mmmdk
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
I could see 2-3 going into the bye week. Fully expecting ot go into Philly in 2 weeks and just get creamed on in that one...hopefully not, but....Detroit NEEDS to be a W....needs.

I agree but you can't look past the Lions...Packers always have trouble in Motor City and it won't be any different now. Lions almost beat Seahawks plus add that Packers will "help" the Lions with their jittery play.

wist43
09-17-2006, 09:28 PM
They'll be an underdog in just about every game this year, but they do have a chance against both Detroit and St. Louis.

St Louis is clearly a more talented team, but Scott Linehan is off to a very shaky start in installing his offense... Right now, the Rams offense is pretty much junk, so maybe the Packers will have a shot in that game.

If the Packers don't win either of those games, they could be staring 0-11 in the face, with the next possible win coming when the Jets visit on December 3rd.

SD GB fan
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
ive said that the packers will start poorly and get it together after bye week. if they still suck then..well..time to panic. besides..it didnt seem they did all that bad today, save for critical errors. NO didnt get too many runs cept for the McCalister TD in the 4th quarter.

MJZiggy
09-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Did I read that stat right that they held Bush to 5 yards rushing and 68 receiving?

Partial
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Yep, 51 yards total rushing for the entire team. Bush averaged .8 yards per carry. Looked much better as a receiver than a runner.

MJZiggy
09-17-2006, 10:38 PM
So, when we hold the vaunted combination of Deuce & Reggie to 51 yards, I do believe that's something pretty solid as NO is supposed to have a pretty good offense. I see hints that our D may eventually come together. Now all we have to do is stop the pass a little better.

BF4MVP
09-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Optimistic?? YES...

ATTA BOY!!!!!! :D :D :D

Keep the faith!

woodbuck27
09-18-2006, 01:59 AM
We grow up Bigger next week and we do defeat the LIONS in Motor City.

BANK on that result.

I FEEL it .

PACKERS DEFEAT LIONS !!

mmmdk
09-18-2006, 02:21 AM
Now all we have to do is stop the pass a little better.

A little better won't cut it.

I know I sound angry today but I feel Packer management is perhaps in poor hands. I have supported TT & even McCarthy but now I got this gut feeling that they, both, won't be here in 1½-2 years time. McCarthy seems shaken - he actually believed that this 2006 Packers team was not rebuilding??? Rebuilding BIG TIME actually. That's what we need to call it and hence going 2-14 won't come as a big surprise. Packers are in dire straits if TT believes this semi-NFL Europe team will do much.

chewy-bacca
09-18-2006, 07:41 AM
I think we can beat the lions this week. Other than that I dunno.

MJZiggy
09-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Now all we have to do is stop the pass a little better.

A little better won't cut it.

I know I sound angry today but I feel Packer management is perhaps in poor hands. I have supported TT & even McCarthy but now I got this gut feeling that they, both, won't be here in 1½-2 years time. McCarthy seems shaken - he actually believed that this 2006 Packers team was not rebuilding??? Rebuilding BIG TIME actually. That's what we need to call it and hence going 2-14 won't come as a big surprise. Packers are in dire straits if TT believes this semi-NFL Europe team will do much.

What you believe and what you admit to are very different things. M3 will not admit to rebuilding as if he did it would be a very convenient excuse for players to give less than their all with the opinion that "we can win this game." and have the fans give up on the season as well. I don't think he'll ever admit that this was rebuilding for at least two years if not more.