PDA

View Full Version : Titletown woes

Kiwon
09-18-2006, 01:52 PM
From the JSO article:

Counting playoffs, the Packers have won just three of their last 12 at Lambeau. It's the most miserable run at home since the Lindy Infante era ended in 1991 on a 2-8 note.

Gosh...I didn't realize that it had gotten that bad. Very disturbing.

bbbffl66
09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
The Lambeau dominance is over. Teams are not afraid to come up here anymore. Having been to the game Sunday, I would say the team obviously isn't as good, and it seems the fans just aren't as vocal as we once were. I suppose the low expectations have a lot to do with that.
I was yelling myself hoarse.

LaFours
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
In my estimation, there are two integral components necessary to maintain homefield advantage as something that opponents fear:

1.) Your fans must be able to affect the opposing offense's comfort level (i.e. creating enough noise to incite the offense into "silent counts" and so on).

2.) You defense must be feared by the opposing offense and able to exert its will upon the offense when needed.

Needless to say, we have #1 covered pretty well. The problem is there are too many chinks in our defense's armour (i.e. Poppinga, the secondary) right now for #2 to be a reality. The closer we get to shoring up #2 the closer we will get to regaining our homefield advantage.

packinpatland
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I was too...............in my living room.

mmmdk
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM
When will McCarthy utter the words "Lambeau advantage" again? I think, not until next season. Lambeau is a great place but no one is afraid of the Packers. When you're a good team then home is a fort but a football stadium doesn't win you games - only good teams with great players do.

Scott Campbell
09-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Clearly the current crop of season ticket holders are not getting the job done. I say we fire them all and let some of the rest of have a chance to attend the games.

bbbffl66
09-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Clearly the current crop of season ticket holders are not getting the job done. I say we fire them all and let some of the rest of have a chance to attend the games.

Well, judging from those around me, you would be a welcome addition. Not my seats though!!!

LaFours
09-18-2006, 03:56 PM

Count me in. Should we send the selection committee our mission statement accompanied with head shots?

Cheesehead Craig
09-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Well, at least that's one thing that Sherman can't be blamed for. :lol:

Brando19
09-18-2006, 09:49 PM
I bought my tickets to the bears game from a season ticket holder...everyone around me was old, grumpy, and not into it at all. One man PISSED me off...I stood up to cheer..he tapped on my shoulder and said "SIT DOWN!" I said you shut up because I paid good money for these seats and I'm gonna cheer! Stupid ol' fart. Everyone stayed in their seats. Very few times did they get loud. I'm not saying that had anything to do with the loss...but we need to blow opponent's offense off the field w/noise.

GBRulz
09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
The crowd yesterday seemed pretty pumped in the beginning then got quiet as the Saints mounted their come back.

The crowd is such a huge factor - which pisses me off even more about yesterdays loss. We had everything going in our favor in the beginning...

Rastak
09-19-2006, 06:11 AM
I bought my tickets to the bears game from a season ticket holder...everyone around me was old, grumpy, and not into it at all. One man PISSED me off...I stood up to cheer..he tapped on my shoulder and said "SIT DOWN!" I said you shut up because I paid good money for these seats and I'm gonna cheer! Stupid ol' fart. Everyone stayed in their seats. Very few times did they get loud. I'm not saying that had anything to do with the loss...but we need to blow opponent's offense off the field w/noise.

Standing doesn't do a damn thing, it's how loud you are that affects the game, and you can do that sitting.

mmmdk
09-19-2006, 07:11 AM
The crowd yesterday seemed pretty pumped in the beginning then got quiet as the Saints mounted their come back.

The crowd is such a huge factor - which pisses me off even more about yesterdays loss. We had everything going in our favor in the beginning...

Everything counts, granted. I'd rather have probowlers and future hall of famers on the Packers team though. Talent wins games not fans.

Fans only shout/sing when you're winning anyway. Very few teams have special fans that are noisy win or lose.

BallHawk
09-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Fans only shout/sing when you're winning anyway. Very few teams have special fans that are noisy win or lose.

Good point. If the other team has just scored 20 unanswered points on you, is everybody going to be up in their seats cheering "GO DEFENSE! CAN'T GET PAST US!" Of course not.

If the team plays well, than the crowd will respond. I can only imagine the Raiders fans by week 15. Probably gonna be cheering the "Brady Quinn" chant.

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2006, 10:49 AM

I think Mike Sherman is valuable to the organization as a scape goat, and they shouldn't relenquish that resource so readily.

If the season continues to go badly, I think they should fire him again at the end of the season.

Scott Campbell
09-19-2006, 10:51 AM
I think Mike Sherman is valuable to the organization as a scape goat, and they shouldn't relenquish that resource so readily.

If the season continues to go badly, I think they should fire him again at the end of the season.

That is totally absurd. We can't wait until the end of the season.

Brando19
09-19-2006, 06:31 PM

Standing doesn't do a damn thing, it's how loud you are that affects the game, and you can do that sitting.

You don't care if I stand do you? Prick

jack's smirking revenge
09-19-2006, 06:38 PM

HA! That's good stuff Harlan! Fire him again!

tyler