PDA

View Full Version : 81% want Brett traded

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:09 PM
JS Online poll shows that 81% of the fans would like to see Brett traded. This would benefit the player and MORE IMPORTANTLY THE ORGANIZATION.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Now it's 82%

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Yes, but let's pay attention to what's going on on JSO lately. They're not exactly Favre loyalists there.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Not many are anymore. Make the deal ASAP!

GBRulz
04-17-2006, 10:16 PM
bulldog, i can't find that poll on JSO. I found this JSO poll about Favre though and only 33% don't want to see him back.

http://www2.jsonline.com/news/newspoll.asp?poll=6006

oh well, I don't really care. He'll retire before being traded anyhow.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:16 PM
You're gonna completely break poor Woodbuck's heart!

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:18 PM
It's on ther home page for Packer plus. Do you want to see Brett traded??

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Not many are anymore. Make the deal ASAP!

Seeing Favre traded and being a Favre loyalist can co-exist.

I would consider Bulldog to be a Favre negativist..overall dwelling on the negatives of Brett Favre in looking at him as a player now. So for him to want to see Favre be traded is not surprising.

But I don't think there are many bigger Favre supporters than myself. You could call me a Favre apologist and some have; I'd prefer a Favre loyalist.

BRETT FAVRE WANTS TO PLAY, but he wants to have a chance to contend now.
Ted Thompson is not yet giving him that chance.

If you believe he truly wants to play, and that wish may change his view so he might play for a contender instead of Green Bay, then you would support the idea of a trade. But only if Favre wants it.

GBRulz
04-17-2006, 10:23 PM
No, bulldog I don't. i'd rather see him retire than play for another team.

He has said over and over that he will never play for another team. If he doesn't think the Packers will be competitive, I think he'll just retire.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:23 PM
bulldog, i can't find that poll on JSO. I found this JSO poll about Favre though and only 33% don't want to see him back.

I would like to clarify FTR.

I want Brett Favre to play in Green Bay.

I also want Ted Thompson to get off his ass and give us a chance to still be a contender while he's here. But TT doesn't seem to agree with me.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Of course not. I'd love to see him get his SB, but there are no guarantees of that with any team. Just ask Peyton Manning. Besides, what teams that are SB capable are without a QB?

On the flipside, much as people are calling for Brett to be traded, who is going to QB the team without him? Rodgers? He's not ready. Is there some wonderful (be specific) QB you have in mind that will do a better job? I would LOVE to see what Brett can do with the new scheme and back-to-basics WCO. Imagine Favre to Davis on short routes with Davis then busting out of the secondary. He'd be gone before the D-line guys even got near Brett. It's a pretty thought.

GBRulz
04-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Well, when favre is gone and we have a crappy QB, I wonder who will be the first to wish we still had Favre as our QB...bulldog or Nick Collins? :wink:

GBRulz
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM

I would like to clarify FTR.

I want Brett Favre to play in Green Bay.

I also want Ted Thompson to get off his ass and give us a chance to still be a contender while he's here. But TT doesn't seem to agree with me.

Maybe TT is on a mission for me to get my season tickets before I'm 90? A few years like last and I'll move up the spot fast :)

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:32 PM
What was our record last season??? Move over and let the excuses begin :D

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:33 PM
What was our record last season??? Move over and let the excuses begin :D

Must have been all the QB's fault

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
A specific QB available to us that would do better next year, please.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:35 PM
AT least 29 times it was

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:36 PM

none

Anti-Polar Bear
04-17-2006, 10:37 PM

none

Joey Harrington. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes, B. I think this is the part people forget.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Rogers surely couldn't have done much worse.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:39 PM

Bulldog = Question Dodger

What QB will do better this year ? Or do you just want to see GB suffer or consider our season as hopeless so you want the veteran out ?

GBRulz
04-17-2006, 10:41 PM

He would have set the season record for getting sacked the most.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I will say Nall would have done better and Rodgers would have won at least half the games that Brett did last season as a true rookie. Brett is a has been. Too darn bad that Brett's selfishness cost the team a shot at a decent backup if he retires as he should. People are tiring of him and the polls are showing it.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:44 PM
""Brett is a has been. ""

You are as wrong about this as you were arguing Fergy was as good as Chambers last year.

Favre can still be very effective. But he now needs surrounding talent. He started the season well last year and can do that again if the surrounding talent stays healthy and/or TT gets him more.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah, throwing three ints in Detroit and losing to Joey Heisman is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal good. Has been!

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah, throwing three ints in Detroit and losing to Joey Heisman is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal good. Has been!

If you'd go pick out his 25 worst career games and post all the stats of them I think you'd feel better and more justified. Have at it

MJZiggy
You've once again dodged the question who AVAILABLE TO US NOW is better than Favre?

b bulldog
Or maybe throwing the ball to Bear defenders on numerous occassions. He sure stunk in the Cleveland game also. We really don't need to go down this road again. 6 ints against St Louis in the playoffs??? No QB has ever had WR's who run as many wrong routes as Brett.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Or maybe throwing the ball to Bear defenders on numerous occassions. He sure stunk in the Cleveland game also. We really don't need to go down this road again. 6 ints against St Louis in the playoffs??? No QB has ever had WR's who run as many wrong routes as Brett.

now you're starting to feel better; but I know you can do better than that.

MJZiggy
Who you got that's better?

b bulldog
dREW bREES when available is way better, Culpepper is better, Kitna would do more with a team like the Packers over the mistake proned Favre. They are all signed so it's a bit late now. Brett's hand was involved in this scenario also.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:52 PM
That's available NOW when you're done trading him.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:54 PM
dREW bREES when available is way better, Culpepper is better, Kitna would do more with a team like the Packers over the mistake proned Favre. They are all signed so it's a bit late now. Brett's hand was involved in this scenario also.

Kitna ? Now you lose credibility, but you're so negatively jaded on this your Favre hate reminds me of Tex's optomistic support w/o a lot of reasons.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Why try to defend the obvious, his stats last year proved how good he was and more than likely is. Look back at the 04 season, how many moon balls that Brett threw up did 84 snag. best proof of this is the Raider game where Brett threw it up for grabs and Walker would out muscle two or threee defenders for the ball.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Don't care. Who've you got that's better for this season?

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Kitna won't lose games like Brett does. Facts are facts. Kitna would have probably had the Packers go 6-10 last season. An average QB gets the team a minimum of two more wins last season. Bears, Bears and Bengals and that's being conservative. brett said it himself, he wasn't very good last season. Maybe the WR's made him say that.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Why try to defend the obvious, his stats last year proved how good he was and more than likely is. Look back at the 04 season, how many moon balls that Brett threw up did 84 snag. best proof of this is the Raider game where Brett threw it up for grabs and Walker would out muscle two or threee defenders for the ball.

Like a Favre hater to point out successful games and try to turn them into failures. He threw a couple bad balls that Raider game, but he threw some great balls too. I'm sure you've long forgotten the first TD to Wesley Walls. Of course the Favre haters would say he was lucky; that was one incredibly nice throw.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Kitna's not available. Who ya got?

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Kitna won't lose games like Brett does. Facts are facts. Kitna would have probably had the Packers go 6-10 last season. An average QB gets the team a minimum of two more wins last season. Bears, Bears and Bengals and that's being conservative. brett said it himself, he wasn't very good last season. Maybe the WR's made him say that.

Kitna won't lose games like that :roll: ? And those are your facts

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 10:59 PM
brett is the reason why we have no other QB's. This team would be crazy to have a number one pick as their third stringer or to have a million dollar QB asw their third stringer. You can't leave him out of this equasion because he is the reason why the team is in this situation.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 11:00 PM
We're not in this situation if we don't trade him. You said you wanted him traded so I want to know what QB you have in mind that will do better.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
The facts clearly show that the average QB doesn't throw 29 pics, do they?? Translation=L

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 11:02 PM
What average QB are you going to replace him with?

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:02 PM
I think Rodgers would do better than 29 pics so he will be my guy. Arth would probably also do better.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
The facts clearly show that the average QB doesn't throw 29 pics, do they?? Translation=L

Again, blame it all on the QB mentality by the Favre haters.

Would you deny that you could not have designed a defense that would shut down GB's scoring with all the holes they had in the lineup the last six games.

And Favre made bad decisions and was lousy, but that unit was not good enough to score, regardless of who the QB was.

b bulldog
Replacing a QB who throws 29 pics and guides his team to a 4-12 record and than calls out his line, WR and fans wouldn't be that hard.

Bretsky
I think Rodgers would do better than 29 pics so he will be my guy. Arth would probably also do better.

OK, SO ARE YOU SAYING AARON RODGERS WOULD BE MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN BRETT FAVRE NEXT YEAR ??

IS THAT TRULY YOUR VIEW ??

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 11:05 PM
You think Rodgers, who has himself stated that he could use another year on the bench learning from Brett Favre could survive long enough to do a better job than Brett Favre at quarterback. You are telling me that you truly believe this, yes?

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Yes with the Packers I think so but if they both played in Denver I would say Brett would be a better fit there. he makes way to many mistakes for a team that is below average. He needs to be on a team that can cover his mistakes with supreme talent.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes, yes, yes. I'll say it 29 times if need be.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Why 29 you ask???

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Or perhaps be on a team like Denver that has a zone blocking scheme and runs a true WCO? Hmmm...

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Yes with the Packers I think so but if they both played in Denver I would say Brett would be a better fit there. he makes way to many mistakes for a team that is below average. He needs to be on a team that can cover his mistakes with supreme talent.

SO if the team sucks than Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Brett Favre but

if a team is good Brett Favre is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers ?

esoxx
04-17-2006, 11:09 PM

That Raider game was in the '03 season. Don't let your Favre hate get in the way of facts now.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:10 PM
No, they just have more talent. First it was the WR's, than it was the line, than it was the running game and now it is the scheme. You should read what all the apologists post, it is very funny. he didn't get the name Lord Favre for nothing.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Why 29 you ask???

A. Because you hate Brett Favre 29x more than the average Packer fan

B. Because you appreciate Favre 29x less than the average Packer Fan

C. Because you dream about Favre retirement 29x more than the average Packer fan.

D. All of the Above

I pick D

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Sorry my bad but watch the film and see how his WR'S that always run the wrong routes ect played their asses off for him.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 11:12 PM
No, they just have more talent. First it was the WR's, than it was the line, than it was the running game and now it is the scheme. You should read what all the apologists post, it is very funny. he didn't get the name Lord Favre for nothing.

You didn't answer B's question. If the team is good, Brett's better, but if it's bad, A-Rod's better? How is that? You can tell me in the morning.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Would you deny that you could not have designed a defense that would shut down GB's scoring with all the holes they had in the lineup the last six games.

GrnBay007
04-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Hey, it's kinda fun to stay out of one of these bulldog hates Favre agruments and just sit back and watch!! Carry on..... :razz:

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I did answer your question. brett is too mistake proned to lead an inferior team to victory over teams that are inferior on any kind of a consistent basis. The proof is in the tape.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Sorry my bad but watch the film and see how his WR'S that always run the wrong routes ect played their asses off for him.

For the record there is no denying Favre played poorly much of last season.

But you are an extremist with the Favre hating views, and the reason polls like the one on JS garner so much support is the extremists vote and the guys who think they are silly ignore them.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:17 PM
I did answer your question. brett is too mistake proned to lead an inferior team to victory over teams that are inferior on any kind of a consistent basis. The proof is in the tape.

Once again

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Get a man in Brett's face and hit him hard early and he'll gift wrap the game to you. Interception after interception.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Would you deny that you could not have designed a defense that would shut down GB's scoring with all the holes they had in the lineup the last six games with your buddy Jon Kitna as the QB ??

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:22 PM
The one thing that teams wanted to shut down as early as four years ago when playing the Pack was the running game and not Brett. They knew that if they shut down Green and made Brett beat them that if they caught all his bad passes that they would be in an excellant position to win the game. he has very,very poor judgement.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I would have done the same but my guess is that Kitna wouldn't be freaked if hit early and that he wouldn't than start throwing moon balls. Kitna while having way less talent has way,way more smarts.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:25 PM
81% want Favre traded

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:25 PM
81.9% want Favre traded

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Hey, it's kinda fun to stay out of one of these bulldog hates Favre agruments and just sit back and watch!! Carry on..... :razz:

What I find interesting is the Favre haters will completely ignore every mitigating circumstances. I've admitted repeatedly Favre was poor last year. But washed up ? I'd expect this out of guys like Mold or The Truth back in the JS days, but I'm surprised a poster as intelligent as Bull has such a negatively jaded view of Brett Favre.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:27 PM
81.9% want Favre traded

The extremists carry the vote; the yahoos like me just laugh at the polls and know they are not worth it.

esoxx
Of course Favre had a subpar year last year....as did the whole team. Why do some insist on only finding fault with Favre? The 31st rushing offense in the league. A 7th round rookie RG who was so bad he was being rotated in and out of the game the last third of the season. A center that was injured and ineffective, a LG who was benched half way through due to poor play.....injuries to Walker, Green, Davenport, Franks, Ferguson....having the likes of RaShard Lee in your starting backfield (I was at that game), Jamil Jones, Taco Wallace, Andre Thurman.....but hey, it's all one guy's fault though isn't it? Get real.

b bulldog
You apologists who ignore the obvious bring it out of me. Playoffs, can we talk about what he has done in the playoffs.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Who threw six pics against the Rams

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Who was scared sh!tless against the Vikes at Lambeau and tossed the ball away five yards over the line of scrimmage instead of lowering his head and drive for the first down. Who also played like crap in that game with Walker,Green and a GREAT OLINE??

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:30 PM
I would have done the same but my guess is that Kitna wouldn't be freaked if hit early and that he wouldn't than start throwing moon balls. Kitna while having way less talent has way,way more smarts.

I'm surprised you continue to make absolutely no evaluation as to the talent of the WR's to throw to or the OL that was blocking. How you can completely throw this out the window without any consideration in your views is beyond me. Kitna, Brees, Culpepper, fill in the blanks....would not have succeeded with the players Green Bay had the last six games. Your pop warner experience and my hs coaching experience gave us enough knowledge to shut down GB at the end.

The running game was beaten down, and the OL was not good enough to run block anyways. The interior OL was broke.

Stop Driver and you stop Green Bay. There was nothing else.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Shall I go on?

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Of course Favre had a subpar year last year....as did the whole team. Why do some insist on only finding fault with Favre? The 31st rushing offense in the league. A 7th round rookie RG who was so bad he was being rotated in and out of the game the last third of the season. A center that was injured and ineffective, a LG who was benched half way through due to poor play.....injuries to Walker, Green, Davenport, Franks, Ferguson....having the likes of RaShard Lee in your starting backfield (I was at that game), Jamil Jones, Taco Wallace, Andre Thurman.....but hey, it's all one guy's fault though isn't it? Get real.

The Favre haters choose to ignore everything else. Stop bringing reason into the world. :lol:

I can't believe you've held out of the argument this long.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Was this the same Oline that got a street FA 100 yards in 4 of the 7 games he played?

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Sorry B but outside of green and gold lala land you look foolish.

Bretsky
Shall I go on?

If it makes you feel good about your views, as I stated before I think you should go on and list Favre's 29 worst games.

esoxx
Was this the same Oline that got a street FA 100 yards in 4 of the 7 games he played?

Yes, the same OL that lead us to the 31st ranked rushing offense in the league. I think that's a better gauge than cherry-pickin' some stats.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:35 PM
What about the playoffs and tell me why he threw that moon ball against Philly into triple coverage??? Please tell me.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:36 PM

Are you now going to argue that the OL was strong ? It gets better all the time. Should we bring the rushing stats out ? The passing sacks and knockdowns out ? You can spin the facts by looking at a few games, but go research the rushing for the year and then make an argument.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Cherry pickin, Gado was the coverboy for the Packers and was getting serious pub. He would have gotten over 1000 yards on the pace he set behind this line. You sound like Brett, my line stinks so I'm taking my ball and I am going home!

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Funny how Manning gets ridiculed for this but BRETT DOESN'T.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:38 PM

The 31st rushing offense in the league

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:38 PM
NEVER SAID THEY WERE STRONG BUT THEY WERE STRONG ENOUGH TO HAVE A STREET fa ON PACE FOR 1000 yards.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:39 PM
5TH STRING rb'S!!!! mAYBE 7TH STRING

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:39 PM
What about the playoffs and tell me why he threw that moon ball against Philly into triple coverage??? Please tell me.

Terrible Decision.

AND I SUPPOSE HE HAD A TERRIBLE GAME BEFORE THAT TOO, RIGHT ???

Because up to that point he had played very very well and mistake free.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:40 PM
81.9% want Brett out of GB.

esoxx
04-17-2006, 11:40 PM
So now your rant has turned from condemning Favre not just for last season, but overall as a QB huh? Good luck with that. You will need all the hate you can muster to convince a board of Packer fans, or football fans in general, that Favre is a overall poor QB. Have fun.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:41 PM
aLWAYS JUDGED BY YOUR LAST GAME. What about the Atlanta game at Lambeau also.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:41 PM
NEVER SAID THEY WERE STRONG BUT THEY WERE STRONG ENOUGH TO HAVE A STREET fa ON PACE FOR 1000 yards.

You are a good spinster; John Kerry like. #31 out of 32 teams.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:42 PM
he is a top 10 alltime but as of late he has been very poor in the playoffs and when his talent level dropped on his team he really played poorly.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:42 PM
aLWAYS JUDGED BY YOUR LAST GAME. What about the Atlanta game at Lambeau also.

Stop being such a wuss and cherrypicking games; I asked for 29 :wink:

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:43 PM
wERE THEY ON THEIR SECOND OR THIRD STREET FREE AGENT???

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:43 PM
he is a top 10 alltime but as of late he has been very poor in the playoffs and when his talent level dropped on his team he really played poorly.

After all this brawling we can agree on something.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:44 PM
wHY DIDN'T THEY DO MORE THAN WHEN GREEN AND THE oLINE OF wAHLE,mARCO ECT WAS helping him?? Come playoff time when the stakes were high, moonball time!

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Why didn't he do more than?? Let's see here, the WR's ran the wrong routes, the coaches ran the wrong scheme, the line didn't block well enough, the rb's didn't run hard enough, rOSSELY CALLED TERRIBLE PLAYS.

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:46 PM
wHY DIDN'T THEY DO MORE THAN WHEN GREEN AND THE oLINE OF wAHLE,mARCO ECT WAS helping him?? Come playoff time when the stakes were high, moonball time!

There was one year IMO that they were legit contenders to win it all besides when they won the SB, and that was when they lost the Super Bowl. Why ?
That question is answered with details well beyond the QB, and it's silly to argue the answer to that question is solely the QB. Even you would agree to that, right ?

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Why didn't he do more than?? Let's see here, the WR's ran the wrong routes, the coaches ran the wrong scheme, the line didn't block well enough, the rb's didn't run hard enough, rOSSELY CALLED TERRIBLE PLAYS.

There ya go off on the Kerry spinster stuff again. I'd just say the team wasn't good enough. Isn't that a reason, or does everything have to revert back to the Favre hating extremists or the Favre loving extremists in your take of things ?

esoxx
04-17-2006, 11:49 PM
wERE THEY ON THEIR SECOND OR THIRD STREET FREE AGENT???

So why did Ahman Green, who has a 4.6 per carry average for his CAREER, only average a paltry 3.3 yards a carry last season? Did he also become a "has been"? Of course, the long rush of 13 yards in 77 attempts was impressive too. Man that OL was creating those rushing lanes pretty well. But no blame needs to go on Green or the OL either, just #4.

Using your logic, Green should be run out of town on a rail then too I suppose.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:50 PM
iT WAS THE WHOLE TEAM. tHE d PLAYED POORLY BUT SO DID THE o IN crunch time. I won't lay that defeat on him but that last throw to Chewey never should have been thrown. He didn't play great nor did the rest of the team. As mush as I dislike Elway, I come to appreciate his drive to be a winner as he illustrated when he went head first for the first down. I don't think Brett does that any longer. That is strictly opinion but I do have instances to back up my opinion.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Green was nicked up and father time caught him.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Actually your more like a lefty in that you are presented all the facts that debunk your foolish opinion and you ignore as you try to convince that an apple is truely an orange.

b bulldog
04-17-2006, 11:53 PM
oR MAYBE A INTERCEPTION IS A "GOOD PLAY"

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:56 PM
oR MAYBE A INTERCEPTION IS A "GOOD PLAY"

Now there's a John Kerry like assertion seeing I never implied or stated that.

Of course later you will just circlespin the details again in hopes that your unfounded generalizations are heard but also forgotten about.

Good night all,

Bretsky

esoxx
04-17-2006, 11:58 PM

So then the Packers signing him for this season was foolish right?

Bretsky
04-17-2006, 11:59 PM

So then the Packers signing him for this season was foolish right?

If fathertime has caught him then I'd assume so since he started the year healthy, but ineffective.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 12:00 AM
sORRY BUT I hope all that I have posted is remembered but than again if he plays next season, he will be throwing more moonballs and you will have your head in the sand and will keep excusing him. Love the constant excuse making for him and how quick you are to throw everyone else under the bus. Brett is the organization in may peoples eyes, just not MINE!

esoxx
04-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Green will definitely have his challenges given his age, wear and torn quad to deal with.

Harlan Huckleby
04-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Yes, but let's pay attention to what's going on on JSO lately. They're not exactly Favre loyalists there.

I think it is a fair sample of packer fans.

There are many reasons to want to trade Favre, not just Favre-bashing. I think it makes perfect sense. I doubt it will happen, though.

Chubbyhubby
04-18-2006, 09:51 AM
The reasoning I believe that Favre would be traded is because this team is in the rebuilding phase, we are need in so many improvements that we could get a stock pile of picks and use them to improve this team. TRADE FAVRE to a team that needs a QB. In return get a #1 #2 and #3 for him.

What do you think about it?

Comments/Suggestions?

Harlan Huckleby
04-18-2006, 09:53 AM
In return get a #1 #2 and #3 for him.

It will be a #3, maybe #2. Favre is on the edge of retirement, and based on last season, is no sure thing.

But it is still a good deal for the Packers, even a #3 is better than the althernative - nothing.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Unless he decides to play--then the alternative is having BF at QB.

Chubbyhubby
04-18-2006, 10:06 AM
What is wrong with this picture? I feel with the holdup of Favre's decison from returning or retiring is severly hurting the team. The Packer organization has its hands tied. He needs to make his decsion BEFORE the draft. It has been reported that Aarron Rodgers is not ready and appear lost favor within the high ranks of Packer Brass. Rodgers had a miserable preseason, People assumed last year (media) that Favre would take the young QB under his wing. But Favre has said numerous times that he is not a coach and would not help Rodgers in ANY WAY.

Favre is giving the team a disservice by not committing either way. Favre is comming off a horrible season throwing 29 picks. I think he wants to go down like what Elway did and most recently that Steeler Running Back this past year. That would be a story book ending to a brilliant career.

However that is not going to happen..... Make up your mind ALREADY!!!

GBRulz
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
What is wrong with this picture? I feel with the holdup of Favre's decison from returning or retiring is severly hurting the team. The Packer organization has its hands tied. He needs to make his decsion BEFORE the draft. It has been reported that Aarron Rodgers is not ready and appear lost favor within the high ranks of Packer Brass. Rodgers had a miserable preseason, People assumed last year (media) that Favre would take the young QB under his wing. But Favre has said numerous times that he is not a coach and would not help Rodgers in ANY WAY.

Favre is giving the team a disservice by not committing either way. Favre is comming off a horrible season throwing 29 picks. I think he wants to go down like what Elway did and most recently that Steeler Running Back this past year. That would be a story book ending to a brilliant career.

However that is not going to happen..... Make up your mind ALREADY!!!

I do agree that TT should insist on knowing his decision before the draft. I also think that would justify TT's decision in picking a QB in the first round, which I honestly think he really wants to do. However, if he picked a Qb first, knowing Favre was coming back - it would be a slap in the face that TT basically messed up by picking Rodgers last year and I think he's too proud to admit it.

I guess I never saw the same articles you did about Favre saying he is not a coach and would never help Aaron Rodgers in any way, as you said above. Can you show me this, please?

I remember Favre saying it is not his job to mentor Rodgers and would gladly answer any questions he has, but that's entirely different. Would love to see that article where Farve said that though. Thanks

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who this great QB is that will do a better job when you've traded away a Hall of Famer for a couple of draft picks. Aaron Rodgers is not fully cooked yet. The game has not slowed down for him. He is not making his reads quickly enough or getting the ball out fast enough which with the protection he has is sacks and fumbles waiting to happen. I watched him in Balto and don't care how Brett played in that game I'm talking about Rodgers here. He reminded me of David Carr. And lets see, where do the Texans draft this year? Oh yeah, that's right.

You do NOT want to throw him in before he's ready. That leaves you with either a hall-bound experienced career qb with fixable problems or Rodgers with whom you can choose between sacks, fumbles and 3-and-outs until he gets things figured out. I think I'd take the ints with a chance to win over that.

BENZITO
04-18-2006, 10:36 AM
What would picking a QB in this years draft do if Favre doesnt return? You cant tell me that either the QBs left Young or Culter will be able to start or win any games this year. If Favre doesnt come back Rodgers is the starter, he is the only QB on the team that knows the offense, in fact the only qb we have. We have to take a QB in the later parts of the draft and will pick up a vet QB after the cuts if Favre isnt returning. So Favre is no way holding the packers back. Because its either going to be Favre or Rodgers starting at QB this year. AND WE WILL NOT TAKE A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Can I quote you on that in May? :wink: