PDA

View Full Version : A Confession . . . woodbuck27

woodbuck27
09-18-2006, 08:05 PM
I elected to make my confession in Romper Room as i (small I) don't want to lend any bad karma to the football section of PACKERRATS. I hope this will be OK as also in my weakness I feel such utter shame.

Just as I did last week after we lost to da Bears I find I am in withdrawel after a Packer loss. I have a difficult time visiting "the Football Section of OUR Packer HOME.

I just can't find the strength to go to the football section of OUR Forum.That was my slap in the face wake up call that I was in deep trouble.

I must admit this fact to ALL PACKERRATS. I feel such powerlessnes dealing with so many Packer loss's since the beginning of last season.

I HATE TO suffer defeat. I don't like it. My heart is heavy with it's burden and I'm considering some therapy, to empower myself as a Packer fan. I can't sleep, I can't eat, my feet are burning I'm exhausted in total defeat.

I went through the LOCAL Yellow pages and checked carefully.

Nothing to boot around there.

Also goggled for hours today. Exploring " the WWW " ...

for Packer Losing Withdrawel Syndrome [ PLWS) Therapy. I'm frustrated. I keep coming up empty. How do I contact the LOCAL Chapters in Green Bay or Milwaukee. Any HELP available to Packer fans that suffer such utter pain from the Packer 's continuously losing will be considered now.

A loss in Detroit next weekend may usher in the same trauma I suffered in the 70's with no support groups "in place" then. Things wern't at all easier in the 80's. Somehow I drug my bones through LIFE, but something was missing. It's the little boy in me.

I had premonitions that this young QB or that one would lead us back to Packer Glory but alas. . . alot of you can appreciate what I'm unable to express properly "in words". Utter humiliation and deep frustration and worst of all, to admit in a small voice after a decade and then another..

" I'm a Packer fan." Always the same response from people that support other NFL Teams.

YOUR Whhhaaaatttt !

Beating me over the head...bruising me continually... every conscious moment for going on three decades.

Back then, I was also an Ottawa Rough Riders fan who were once a proud Franchise in the CFL. NOT the samre. Not the same.

Oh Oh Oh my poor Packers. My heavy heart . . my dieng, unnourished Packer soul ...gradually tossed about like apple blossom petals blowing in a breeze in May.

Draft after Draft yielded little strength to OUR side of any positive consequence. I never had any Packer Hero's throughout that long dark period and "in fact", much of it I've blocked out.

I fear that the situation is criticle, and I may realize my worst FEAR as a Packer fan. Continuous Losing. Defeat after defeat. . . on and on and on. Season after season, maybe till the end of my time.

I tremble with FEAR of that being my Packer reality again till I die... always, ALWAYS PACKERS... a Packer fan since 1958.

So many questions. Agonizing heart wrenching and soul testing questions.

If we don't win a game this season. How will I survive the Off Season? Will I have to enter a Buddist Retreat somewhere in SouthEast Asia? Become a Taoist Monk or adopt Zen Buddism, something along those lines thats well better, won't demand seclusion and too much eating just white rice.?

I don't know in my pain, my loss and confusion. My misery. I'm selfish. I desire Packer wins.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Please !! Don't ever be like me and hope for Green Bay Packer wins.

PLEASE remain strong and just be. Let it all hang out. Don't get your Packer Anus in a pucker.

Hoping,trusting ,praying... down on my knees begging for relief for Packer MERCY. Week after week after week and well you know. Maybe I'm not right in my Packerism. .maybe, I shouldn't even care. Adopt a personal PACKER policy of not giving "a blind eel" anymore? I don't know.... as I search for an answer.

What a dilemma.

Well I'm at a loss. There doesn't appear to be Dick ALL here, for" Packer Losing Syndrome Therapy. Nothing, not a thing... here in Greater Montreal.

Any suggestions or advice on how YOU manage to cope. Anything constructive... I'll consider in my pain.

BallHawk
09-18-2006, 08:06 PM
The only cure for defeat is victory.

woodbuck27
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM

yaaa but...

MJZiggy
09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
See your doctor, explain your heartache and a Xanax prescription is sure to follow...

woodbuck27
09-18-2006, 08:40 PM
See your doctor, explain your heartache and a Xanax prescription is sure to follow...

It's not anything like a depression Ziggy. It's more so living inside of me as I fight for my Packer fan survival not numbing but rather a very strong need to battle on.

After Favre I wonder how it will be for me ? Favre inspires me as I see so much in him that is what i've been as a competitor. Brett only has 60 minutes a game to win his battle... where my struggle can endure day to day, to where I find some strength to really believe a win is possible and WHAM. . . .

It doesn't happen... and then it's the beginning of another week and the process envelops me again.

So much losing. I was drained after we failed in that final series yesterday.

No part of me believed we wouldn't at least tie that game up, or go for the two and Victory. That, just went away........

It's tough to be a Packer fan of late.

Deputy Nutz
09-18-2006, 08:48 PM
You got a fever, and the only thing to cure that fever is more cow bell!

MJZiggy
09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
No, Buck, I'm telling you they can help with that. Better living through pharmaceuticals...

Scott Campbell
09-18-2006, 09:04 PM

Glory will be ours once again brother Woody. Fill you heart with joy, and rise above your despair knowing that the football universe wags it's fickle finger of fate at you for only so long before your franchise....OUR franchise......THE CHOSEN FRANCHISE.....will rise once again to the GLORY we so richly deserve. Feel the POWER of the GREEN and GOLD as it flows through you veins. DO YOU BELIEVE BROTHER WOODY?

Hallelujah. and praise be to Vince.

Or sumthin.

K-town
09-18-2006, 09:09 PM

Glory will be ours once again brother Woody. Fill you heart with joy, and rise above your despair knowing that the football universe wags it's fickle finger of fate at you for only so long before your franchise....OUR franchise......THE CHOSEN FRANCHISE.....will rise once again to the GLORY we so richly deserve. Feel the POWER of the GREEN and GOLD as it flows through you veins. DO YOU BELIEVE BROTHER WOODY?

Or sumthin.

Can I get a WITNESS?!

MJZiggy
09-18-2006, 09:13 PM
A-MEN BRUTHA!!

Jimx29
09-18-2006, 10:24 PM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/5811/cowbelluj8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Stick man is doing a pelvic thrust at Jesus. That ain't right.

KYPack
09-18-2006, 10:54 PM
It's a sick world & Cyberski is a happy guy.....

Badgepack
09-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I hear ya Woody, I too have a hard time posting in the packer forum after losing.

Packer fans have been spoiled by watching winning seasons in 13 of the last 15 years or so.

Gosh Darn It Woody, Buck up, your a Packer fan.

We have by far the most unique franchise in all of professional sports.
If we win the Superbowl or go 0-16, we love the Green and Gold.

Now pick your self up, get in the packer forum, and lets see some more long ass posts from you. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-19-2006, 01:48 AM
You got a fever, and the only thing to cure that fever is more cow bell!

Thanks man. I hear you. :mrgreen:

HOME.

woodbuck27
09-19-2006, 01:52 AM
No, Buck, I'm telling you they can help with that. Better living through pharmaceuticals...

MJ

I am responding to you because I respect YOU.

I don't need pharmaceuticals. I need a new focus.

woodbuck27
09-19-2006, 02:01 AM

Or sumthin.

WOW ! Peace to YOU too Scott. Man we got started wrong, yet whatever, Ehh!

Your post means a ton to me because you speak to who I am.

Thank YOU Scott Campbell.

PACKERS FOREVER! but without Favre, jeehhhee :cry:

woodbuck27
09-19-2006, 02:19 AM

Hey young MAN. My second response to your post.

Straight UP BallHawk.

Keep it positive.

woodbuck27
09-19-2006, 02:21 AM

Or sumthin.

Can I get a WITNESS?!

Who did that song K-town?

woodbuck27
09-19-2006, 02:27 AM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/5811/cowbelluj8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

CCR

Scott Campbell
09-19-2006, 08:45 AM
WOW ! Peace to YOU too Scott. Man we got started wrong, yet whatever, Ehh!

Your post means a ton to me because you speak to who I am.

Thank YOU Scott Campbell.

Maybe a pilgrimage is in order. How long has it been since you've made the trek to the holy land? We visited this summer.

K-town
09-19-2006, 11:26 AM

Or sumthin.

Can I get a WITNESS?!

Who did that song K-town?

Grand Funk Railroad: "She's Some Kinda Wonderful"
Or, Sammy Hagar, multiple live songs, this summer at the Marcus Ampitheatre.

oregonpackfan
09-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey Woodbuck,

This downturn is just part of the cycle of being a sports fan. Just remember that Packer fans are especially noted for their loyalty--even during the losing seasons.

As for your depression, just heed the advice of a Prune Juice salesman, "This too shall pass.":)

OPF