PDA

View Full Version : Injuries continue for Mike Flanagan

Patler
09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
From NFL.com:

"The Texans were dealt another setback when center Mike Flanagan hurt his left foot. He's listed as day to day, but could miss next week's game against Washington."

Patler
09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
...and nobody cares....

:sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Sorry, Patler, but it's not like Flanagan lost his foot in a saw mill. It sounds like he just got an owey.

Patler
09-19-2006, 11:14 AM
No, but I think it further indicates that the guy can't be relied on physically anymore. I hated to see him go, but not committing significant money to him was a wise decision. It has been one thing after another with him the last three years or so.

I think moving on to Wells was a wise decision.

Scott Campbell
09-19-2006, 11:19 AM
No, but I think it further indicates that the guy can't be relied on physically anymore. I hated to see him go, but not committing significant money to him was a wise decision. It has been one thing after another with him the last three years or so.

How much dough did the Texans commit to him?

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
ya, losing Flanagan and Rivera was no biggy. And maybe now it is time to lose Clifton!

Patler
09-19-2006, 11:27 AM

$9 million for 3 years. I'm not sure how much was guaranteed.

Patler
09-19-2006, 11:33 AM
ya, losing Flanagan and Rivera was no biggy. And maybe now it is time to lose Clifton!

Too bad, because Clifton isn't that old for a tackle. They play forever. As several articles have mentioned, you can't help but wonder if the injury from the hit by Sapp is a factor. Clifton has been very quiet about it, even at the time, but whn you pick up bits and pieces of information, it really was a devastating injury. He couldn't stand or walk without assistance for something like a couple months due to the muscle injuries. Its a long way back from there to wresting with 300 pounders intent on running you over!

KYPack
09-19-2006, 11:41 AM

Too bad, because Clifton isn't that old for a tackle. They play forever. As several articles have mentioned, you can't help but wonder if the injury from the hit by Sapp is a factor. Clifton has been very quiet about it, even at the time, but whn you pick up bits and pieces of information, it really was a devastating injury. He couldn't stand or walk without assistance for something like a couple months due to the muscle injuries. Its a long way back from there to wresting with 300 pounders intent on running you over!

Yeah, I think that's the deal with Chad. He's never been totally healthy and he's really hurt all year.

He sat out the earliest OTA's basically injured. I don't think he's ever gonna be 100%. Pity really, the guy could've been an all-timer.

That play dimishes Sapp. That was some cheap shit.

Scott Campbell
09-19-2006, 12:53 PM

$9 million for 3 years. I'm not sure how much was guaranteed.

Wow. Does that ever sound like a Mike Sherman deal.