PDA

View Full Version : 2-3..

Pacopete4
09-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Is it at all possible that we get to 2-3 and head into a bye week still some what in the hunt? Or that just completely insane. The Lions and Rams are defenetely beatable, but that doesnt mean we will. The Eagles can be beaten in a shootout I think and are now facing some injury problems. We improved from game 1 to game 2.. will we enough to start winning the close games instead of let them slip away week in week out? I just think they only way we stay in the hunt is to get to 2-3 heading into the bye week.. just thought I'd start a post of discussin, instead of oh we suck.

mmmdk
09-19-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm sure you mean well but you gotta win 1 game before you can speak of winning game # 2. That's where the Packers are now. We're not the Bengals, a legit SB contender - they KNOW they're going to win because they're better than most teams. Packers could go winless, win 1 game or even 5 for the season. Before Packers get their first win, I won't speculate on a possible 2nd win this season. Only Raiders looks worse than Packers.

BallHawk
09-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Lions are, arguably, worse.

KYPack
09-19-2006, 07:54 AM
Well, a positive thread. I like the approach, "can we go 2-3"?

That's assuming we can go 1, win that is.

I predicted 8-8 this year in pre-season euphoria. Reality is sinking in, & 4 - 5 wins seems to be what's happening now. I don't think 2-3 is realistic, but I'll be rooting for it. Detroit ALWAYS plays us tough in those goofy domes of theirs & we ain't ready for the Eagles, I don't think their injury bugs will hurt 'em that bad. The Rams could be our team to beat, but no, I don't think we'll win 2 or 3 of those games.

Bretsky
09-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Right now all three of those teams are better than Green Bay.

If our OL holds up we could upset Detroit and/or the Rams.
Phily will cream us.

So we at least have legit chances in 2 of the 3.

If I'm setting Vegas Odds I'm putting the over under at 1, and if you put your money on 1 I'm not even giving you even money back. If the bet is $100 I'm probably paying out $65 if you take one. It'd be fun being a bookie, for about a week.

B

Tony Oday
09-19-2006, 09:12 AM
10-6 :)

No Mo Moss
09-19-2006, 09:19 AM
They must win a game first. I agree with that. That's probably the most important thing. I feel like if this team gets a confidence streak they may be able to put a few back to back wind together. Right now we're getting beat by 2-3 plays a game taht weren't made, usually by a young player. If we can cut down on those we can win some games. It starts at 1 though you're right there.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Is it at all possible that we get to 2-3 and head into a bye week still some what in the hunt? Or that just completely insane. The Lions and Rams are defenetely beatable, but that doesnt mean we will. The Eagles can be beaten in a shootout I think and are now facing some injury problems. We improved from game 1 to game 2.. will we enough to start winning the close games instead of let them slip away week in week out? I just think they only way we stay in the hunt is to get to 2-3 heading into the bye week.. just thought I'd start a post of discussin, instead of oh we suck.

I would check your meds. Clearly you on in a state of euphoria.

Improved? Or played a lesser team?

ND72
09-19-2006, 09:40 AM
obviously i agree with some posters, we need to get #1 first. But I think if we can take down the Lions, we can seriously look at being 2-3, or even 3-2. You just never know. Once something clicks, some teams just hit their stride. 2001, the Patriots started 2-2 and many were saying they were just average....then they never lost again. NOT saying that's us, but. you know what i mean.

But we need to get #1 first, and a division win would be nice to grab and be at 1-1 in the division.

mmmdk
09-19-2006, 10:35 AM
obviously i agree with some posters, we need to get #1 first. But I think if we can take down the Lions, we can seriously look at being 2-3, or even 3-2. You just never know. Once something clicks, some teams just hit their stride. 2001, the Patriots started 2-2 and many were saying they were just average....then they never lost again. NOT saying that's us, but. you know what i mean.

But we need to get #1 first, and a division win would be nice to grab and be at 1-1 in the division.

Well spoken. Of course we can beat the Lions but as I said; it's not a given. Plus all this talk about that "the Lions suck"...and Packers don't? Get that 1st win first. Packers can beat the Lions, no doubt, just don't come waltzing back crying if the Packers lose to the Lions.

NB - The latter part of my message was not directed at you, ND72. :smile:

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2006, 10:43 AM
You figured the Packers would lose to the Bears, but 26-0 at home!?

Then the Saints at home. A winnable game, they need this one or season could already be lost. It slips away.

Well, OK, maybe last week wasn't really a "must win." But a loss to the other 0-2 team in the division would leave the Packers alone in complete hopelessness. If the Packers fall to the Lions, I think the wheels fall off the cart, and everybody in the Packers organization readjusts their thinking. They see this as a player/team development season, as people on the outside already do.

mmmdk
09-19-2006, 11:12 AM
You figured the Packers would lose to the Bears, but 26-0 at home!?

Then the Saints at home. A winnable game, they need this one or season could already be lost. It slips away.

Well, OK, maybe last week wasn't really a "must win." But a loss to the other 0-2 team in the division would leave the Packers alone in complete hopelessness. If the Packers fall to the Lions, I think the wheels fall off the cart, and everybody in the Packers organization readjusts their thinking. They see this as a player/team development season, as people on the outside already do.

Hmm...are you saying that the Packers org. really believe they're not rebuilding? That doesn't sound good. They'd better acknowledge who they are before they can go anywhere - let alone win a game. The season was/is only lost due to the delusion that the Packers were not rebuilding. If you'd have focused on the positive from being 0-2, seen from a young rebuilding team, good things will come sooner. So what you say is quite possibly true. A reality check for all Packer players, coaches and whatnot.

Scott Campbell
09-19-2006, 11:16 AM
A good step for a rebuilding team would be to have beaten New Orleans. It's not like were asking them to go 12-4.

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Hmm...are you saying that the Packers org. really believe they're not rebuilding?

Thompson has got an ego just like everybody else. I bet he was surprised that the free agents tanked last season, they were HIS choices after all.

And this year, I believe Thompson and McCarthy sincerely believed they could get an 8-8 season out of these players. So they were able to say "we're not rebuilding" with a straight face. And when you think about it, other organizations have been able to rebuild and hover around .500.

So, Thompson and McCarthy believe in their own abilities. That's good. But now they must face reality.

SkinBasket
09-19-2006, 11:48 AM

I wont believe that DET is better than GB until they prove it by winning.

mmmdk
09-19-2006, 12:18 PM

We'll all find out sunday. Boy, I'd love a Packer road win sunday - road wins are often sweeter.

Rastak
09-19-2006, 12:19 PM

We'll all find out sunday. Boy, I'd love a Packer road win sunday - road wins are often sweeter.

Should be interesting to see how a young team and a young coaching staff handles a road game.

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2006, 12:59 PM
2-3... here we come. We're comin!

mmmdk
09-19-2006, 01:02 PM

Yeah, the world doesn't know it...but we're comin! :mrgreen:

Tony Oday
09-19-2006, 01:24 PM

Yeah, the world doesn't know it...but we're comin! :mrgreen:

We're commin We're commin!

Zool
09-19-2006, 02:58 PM
I feel like i need a smoke all the sudden.