PDA

View Full Version : Sharper's Take

Packnut
09-19-2006, 11:28 AM
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/685792.html

And another ex player's take on TT.

Rastak
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Since TT gave him the boot he isn;t the most objective fellow.

:wink:

Fosco33
09-19-2006, 12:14 PM

They need to worry a little more about winning their first Superbowl and a little less how GMs for other teams are performing...

Rastak
09-19-2006, 12:18 PM

They need to worry a little more about winning their first Superbowl and a little less how GMs for other teams are performing...

I believe he was asked the question Fosco. Do you honestly believe he's worried about TT?

mmmdk
09-19-2006, 12:24 PM

I believe he was asked the question Fosco. Do you honestly believe he's worried about TT?

Defensive, eh Rastak!? Can't blame you; too much time amoungst rivals gets the best ya eventually.

Sharper can say what he wants; he was actually hurt being cut from Packers. Sharper proved Packers were wrong; he can still be a difference maker, yet he can't cover sh!t. He wins games for you though.

Fosco33
09-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Yeah, we'd have to assume that.... obviously he's not worried about TT.

Here's his quotes that are relevant...

"But it's one of those things, if you dig your grave, and the decisions you make. ... You're going to have to deal with the consequences."

"It's kind of hard to watch the guys I know. ... To have them not reap any benefits from their work, that's hard to watch. But as far as the people up top who make the decisions, I don't feel sorry for them. You all know who makes decisions over there."

I guess what I meant by 'they' in my previous post refers more to Viking fans, media, etc. I hear every week some stupid GB rumor on Viking talk radio or read an article about GB's weaknesses that's not relvant to an upcoming divisional game.... The point being - don't point out the spec in someone else's eye before removing the plank from your own (in this case, the plank being the lack of a Superbowl...)

Rastak
09-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Defensive, eh Rastak!? Can't blame you; too much time amoungst rivals gets the best ya eventually.

Sharper can say what he wants; he was actually hurt being cut from Packers. Sharper proved Packers were wrong; he can still be a difference maker, yet he can't cover sh!t. He wins games for you though.

Guess I missed the tone, :lol: I actually thought he was serious.....

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2006, 01:04 PM
I know where Fosco is coming from. It can be pretty unbearable around these parts--especially when the Packers are losing. There's a bit of an inferiority complex around here (mainly because of the history and the fact there's so many Packer fans in these parts), so any chance to rip the Packers doesn't get bypassed. Most Viking fans aren't made like Rastak--which makes him all the more enjoyable. That's just my perspective. I haven't been in anyone else's shoes.

Think the local reporter would have been asking Sharper a question if the Packers were winning. I don't.

Packnut
09-19-2006, 01:04 PM
I'd say Sharper is having the last laugh. Is that Freeman guy TT signed to replace Sharper still playing in the NFL?

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Shaper is one of my all time favorite players. He always make plays when the team needs them and is a great leader on the defense. I was sad when he was let go and I love seeing him play well to this day, even if it is with the vikings.

packers11
09-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Shaper is one of my all time favorite players. He always make plays when the team needs them and is a great leader on the defense. I was sad when he was let go and I love seeing him play well to this day, even if it is with the vikings.

yea... I kept telling myself that too.... O WAIT FLASHBACK....
4th and 25... TO catch ENDZONE TD.. Nice try on the hit Sharper...
4th and 26... Freddie Mitchell... OH LETS PLAY A LITTLE FARTHER BACK...
Third time would be the charm....
4th and 27.... Packers is Superbowl... TD.. Sharper tripped on his shoe laces... Packers lose game....(oh wait we avoided the third one) :mrgreen:

Sharper is a good player... But with one BIG play left, do I want him on the field???? HELL NO!!!!!

Guiness
09-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd say he's mellowed a bit - he was pretty upset, and ready to piss all over the Pack right after he left.

swede
09-19-2006, 03:52 PM

4th and 27.... Packers is Superbowl... TD.. Sharper tripped on his shoe laces... Packers lose game....(oh wait we avoided the third one) :mrgreen:

Sharper is a good player... But with one BIG play left, do I want him on the field???? HELL NO!!!!!

No kidding Pack 11. Sharper made MD think he was a good player. Sharper has more face time on less good football than anyone in the league.

Joemailman
09-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Sharper was never a favorite of mine, so I wasn't very disappointed when TT let him go. He made some big plays, but also gave up big plays, something a safety is supposed to prevent. That said, I didn't have a problem with anything he said in the article. He has some resentment toward the guy who let him go, which is understandable. He doesn't seem to hold any resentment toward anyone else. Packnut says Sharper got the last laugh. I didn't get the sense Sharper was laughing at anyone. I think he just wishes things had worked out differently.

Kiwon
09-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Likeable personality or not, Sharper went to the Pro Bowl last year.

Compare his stats to Woodson's and TT's pledge that he is not going to overpay for free agents rings pretty hollow.

Sharper in 10 years:

137 games 518.0 tackles 149 assists 6 sacks 45 ints 7 TDS

Woodson in 9 years:

108 games 394.0 tackles 74 assists 5.5 sacks 17 ints 2 TDS

packers11
09-19-2006, 07:03 PM

Compare his stats to Woodson's and TT's pledge that he is not going to overpay for free agents rings pretty hollow.

Sharper in 10 years:

Woodson in 9 years:

Yes he did go, but the probowl is all about stats.... Sure he got 10 or so INTS but how many games did he blow his coverage??? Hes a DECENT player outside of clutch moments.. I am not hating on him, im just not SAD that we did release him.... Those two plays in the playoffs were enough, and just to think we were so close to the superbowl :sad:

MadtownPacker
09-19-2006, 07:20 PM

Preach that shizz Packers11!!!

Thanks to sharper for making sure the Packers are on the crap end of NFL Films highlights forever!!

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Comparing the stats of a corner to the stats of a safety is pretty meaningless. A safety should have "more stats." Oftentimes, the best corners don't get any stats. Rarely do you find a really good safety who doesn't get good stats.

pbmax
09-20-2006, 08:59 AM

Sharper in 10 years:

Woodson in 9 years:

Apples to oranges, they play two different positions and will compile different stats even if both were successful.

Woodson is on a year to year deal, minimum cap hit to release him at any point. Sharper's deal was not so friendly.

And the Pro Bowl is nice, but its not the entire story. Name recognition goes a long way in that voting.

mission
09-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Woodson is on a year to year deal, minimum cap hit to release him at any point.

that's good to know... didnt know that.

(sweet!) :cool:

run pMc
09-20-2006, 09:18 AM
You forgot about the "highlight" where Ed McCaffrey carried Sharper for about 10 yards before shrugging him off en route to scoring.

I think that was the wake up call for a maddeningly inconsistent Sharper.

He's a smart guy & an athletic player, but seems to try to be flashy and gambles a lot.

Rastak
09-20-2006, 09:20 AM
You forgot about the "highlight" where Ed McCaffrey carried Sharper for about 10 yards before shrugging him off en route to scoring.

I think that was the wake up call for a maddeningly inconsistent Sharper.

He's a smart guy & an athletic player, but seems to try to be flashy and gambles a lot.

I liked the more recent hit on Santana Moss saving a TD myself.... :mrgreen:

Patler
09-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Sharper is a good player, but less consistent than some top safeties in both his highs and lows. He makes both very, very good plays and plays that make you wonder why "Pro Bowl" is associated with his name. All in all he would be an asset to most teams, certainly is for the Vikings and would be for the Packers.

RashanGary
09-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Imagine how many picks he would have had if he had a pass rush to help him.

Rastak
09-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Imagine how many picks he would have had if he had a pass rush to help him.

Pass rush was bad in the first half but they got in Delomme's face in the second half...Vikes are sitting at #7 in total defense right now and Sharpers out there and a key piece of that.

RashanGary
09-20-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm talkign about during hsi prime. I think Sharper is a great ball hawking saftey. He would have looked even better through his best years with a good front 4.

I think he looks better in MInn because of it. Plus, I think he up'd his effort and conditioning because of being cut. Great players have pride.

He'd a damn good one. I'd rahter have him than Woodson hands down.

Rastak
09-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm talkign about during hsi prime. I think Sharper is a great ball hawking saftey. He would have looked even better through his best years with a good front 4.

I think he looks better in MInn because of it. Plus, I think he up'd his effort and conditioning because of being cut. Great players have pride.

Oh, I see your point now.

Patler
09-20-2006, 10:45 AM

I have to disagree a bit with that. From 1998 through 2002, covering Sharper's first 5 seasons as a starter, the Packers had a decent pass rush, with 213 sacks in the five year period, averaging almost 43 per season. The pass rush problems are more recent. As recently as 2001 they were 3rd in the league in total sacks. They also won a lot of games in that time period, putting opponents in "must pass" situations that played into Sharper getting interceptions.

RashanGary
09-20-2006, 11:02 AM
:roll:

Damn it Pater, just let my poor memory roll here :)

He was and still is a damn good player. I wonder where the Packers would be with McKenzie, Sharper, Walker and Wahle. We had 30 mil. We could have streched it.

It's going to take a while to get players that good in their primes or just exiting them. We had some good teams, it just makes you realize how far it's fallen.

I do think thompson is building it the right way, the slow way. Damn it though, it makes you remember the competitive days and have a little sadness that it's not happening for us right now. Favre is the big loser here, but that is antoher topic.

I can always look at Hawk, Spitz, Jennings, Collins and Rodgers and see a brighter future. Sometimes instant gratification is the ultimate though. Oh well, they're fun to follow either way. I enjoy this season as much as I do the winnign ones. I just like to anylize the game and I odn't have the time to anylize more than one team.

Patler
09-20-2006, 11:24 AM
:roll:

He was and still is a damn good player. I wonder where the Packers would be with McKenzie, Sharper, Walker and Wahle. We had 30 mil. We could have streched it.

For your own mental health, don't think of losing Wahle, Sharper and Rivera in 2005 and the 30 million cap space in 2006 in the same thought. It only causes frustration. There was a huge bottleneck, the 2005 cap, that stood between the players in 2004 and the salary cap in 2006. I'm sure if the contracts due in 2005 had been due this year instead, some things would have been different.

McKenzie's situation I've never quite understood. I don't really understand why he suddenly wanted out so badly, but with the position he took there wasn't much that could be done.

Walker is also a bit odd. Perhaps too much TO influence. I will always feel that had he not been injured, at some point GB would have tried to work out an extension toward the end of 2005. Once the season was over, Walker seemed to take a McKenzie stance, and again the Packers did not have much choice. At least TT parlayed the situation into a bunch of draft picks.

In todays NFL its not who you lose, but who you have ready to step in to replace them, and preferably it will be someone already on the roster. Every team loses players they would prefer to keep if they could. The salary cap virtually requires it. If you aren't prepared for it, and have to scramble in the off season to find replacements, you won't always be able to do it. That was Sherman's failure with the guards. He knew for several years that both would have "decision" points in 2005, but he had no one on the roster to replace either one, and he did not work out anything with either in advance of it. Basically, one expired contract (Rivera) and two contracts with cap crippling bonuses (Wahle and Sharper) were dumped in TT's lap with very little time and no cap space to do anything about it.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I enjoy this season as much as I do the winnign ones.

Seriously?

run pMc
09-21-2006, 09:28 AM
In todays NFL its not who you lose, but who you have ready to step in to replace them, and preferably it will be someone already on the roster. Every team loses players they would prefer to keep if they could. The salary cap virtually requires it. If you aren't prepared for it, and have to scramble in the off season to find replacements, you won't always be able to do it. That was Sherman's failure with the guards.

Patler, I couldn't state it any better than that. I'd say that was Sherman's failure at several positions, not just the guards. Most people agree that Sherman the GM got Sherman the coach fired.

Replenishing that depth is something TT is working on...unfortunately, he's got to do it almost from scratch and still try to keep fans happy with W's. Losing Sharper sucked, but IIRC he was due something like $8mil and I'm not convinced he was worth it. The trouble was there wasn't anyone to step in. I mean...Earl Little, Mark Roman, and Arturo Freeman? Really?

Woodson vs. Sharper is a toss-up...it depends on which Woodson and which Sharper you're comparing. Under MOST circumstances, I'd take a Pro Bowl CB over a Pro Bowl S.

wist43
09-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Sharper was never one of my favorite players, but I don't have a problem with his comments.

TT has manuevered the Packers straight to the bottom of the NFL. Of course the Packers are rebuilding, only the most blind fans would hold out hope that this is going to be a good football team.

Sharpers concern for his friends still playing on this train wreck of a team seems genuine. The players know the score - they know the Packers are rebuilding, they know the team isn't going anywhere... TT's insistance that the team isn't rebuilding is ludicrous.

Packnut
09-21-2006, 11:26 AM
We could debate TT for the rest of the season and not get anywhere. Both sides have valid points. No one, (unless your a total idiot) can dispute the fact that TT has made some serious mistakes as far as player evaluation goes. What he has done to the o-line should be a criminal offense.

I'm not gonna go in depth into the FA mistakes cause quite frankly, we don't know who he inquired about and who did'nt want to come to GB under any circumstances. Woodson might still be ok but Manuel was a bad signing.

So in the end, he must be judged on his picks and I agree we won't know that for another 2 yrs. I think Jennings and Spitz will turn out to be good picks. Moll is nothing but a joke and would'nt make the roster on most teams. In any event, what's done is done. This season will continue to suck and going 3-13 should'nt be a shock to anyone.

woodbuck27
09-21-2006, 01:11 PM

BINGO ! ABSOLUTELY 100% BANG ON "THE TRUTH".

Make any scapegoat BS counter statement against Darren Sharpers correct analysis (any Packer fan... that you may so desire to make) and you might as well claim "you can walk on water" as far as I'm concerned.

I don't trust Ted Thompson, as a man of integrity or honesty. When he can't even be honest about his obvious agenda that is all about re-building OUR Team.....

In the process " the cost ".

Hanging the likes of loyal Vet's like Brett Favre,Ahman Green and Donald Driver (add Bubba Franks and William Henderson,Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher and Rob Davis ) out to dry.

The TRUTH often hurts. Well, as Ted Thompson is so fond of saying.

"It is what it is".

MJZiggy
09-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Wow, Buck, that's a LOT of guys to hang out to dry. And imagine, they're ALL starting offensive players. Eight out of eleven on offense are vets and they have no culpability or responsibility at all for the fortune of the team they're playing for. What a sweet gig that is.

edit: excuse me, Davis is special teams so 7 of 11. Still a sweet deal.

Scott Campbell
09-21-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't trust Ted Thompson, as a man of integrity or honesty.

That is some serious contempt that you seem to have for him.

woodbuck27
09-21-2006, 02:46 PM
What is this?

"a ship of fools?"

It amazes me, that anyone here could be so well conditioned (by whatever), to make their Champion ...

the " re-direct method ", in order to avoid any discussion on the content of
" the Article and it's FOCUS and merits thereof ".

I have never in my LIFE experience'd... such utter denial of the TRUTH. In such a manner,

That manner...clearly lacking in both integrity or consciounce.

How?

By resorting to methods that do everything to AVOID examining the truth of " The Darren Sharper Article " ... dealing with it's focus.

That being. Sharper's compassion for his friends / former Packer Team mates and Veteran players like Favre ,Green and Driver etc.

Poster's here would choose rather, to avoid it's contents or very existence?

How? By attacking Darren Sharper the player in Green Bay? What a joke.

Why? Why is that now?

Well, now it exists... LIVES on this thread of this FORUM.

READ the Article please.

b]Sharper sympathetic to Packers' misery[/b]

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: September 18, 2006 – 11:34 PM

Vikings safety Darren Sharper admits he feels bad for his former teammates with 0-2 Green Bay, but that sympathy does not extend to a front office led by General Manager Ted Thompson. The Packers are 4-14 with Thompson in charge over the past two seasons.

"I have friends over there playing, and I don't like to see them struggling like this, and it really bothers me to see Brett [Favre] struggling at the end of a legendary career," Sharper said Monday.

"But it's one of those things, if you dig your grave, and the decisions you make. ... You're going to have to deal with the consequences."

Sharper spent the first eight seasons of his career in Green Bay but left after the 2004 season following his refusal to take a pay cut from $6 million to $2 million. Also among those to leave Green Bay after that season were veteran guards Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera. Kicker Ryan Longwell joined the exodus last March, following Sharper in signing with the Vikings.

This has left the Packers in the situation of playing for the future but still having the 36-year-old Favre as their quarterback.

"You can say you're not rebuilding but then all the moves you make, it looks like you are rebuilding," Sharper said.

"You're telling all the guys that are still there like Brett and the older guys like [running back Ahman Green] that you are not rebuilding, and you have them going through this struggle with a lot of young guys who aren't experienced.

"It's kind of hard to watch the guys I know. ... To have them not reap any benefits from their work, that's hard to watch. But as far as the people up top who make the decisions, I don't feel sorry for them. You all know who makes decisions over there."

woodbuck27
09-21-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't trust Ted Thompson, as a man of integrity or honesty.

That is some serious contempt that you seem to have for him.

Why do you use that word, contempt,Scott?

Ted Thompson, exposes himself to what he really is Scott.

I hold no contempt ever... for a person so wrong " it flys in OUR face". What he is, is unavoidable from too many standpoints.

He's clearly guilty of deceit, and other moral and ehical obligations to the fans of the GREEN BAY Packers.

Those fans that see him as he is, that's not serving us correctly.Those fans that challenge his ways based on TRUTH.

The Darren Sharper Article = the smoking gun !!

Any member's here. Who want the rest of us here, to TRUST Ted Thompson when he's deceitful (clearly deceitful) ...can't deal with the honesty - THE TOTAL TRUTH - of the Darren Sharper Article's FOCUS or CENTRAL theme.

That article pins the tail on exactly where the Donkey's ass is.

woodbuck27
09-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Wow, Buck, that's a LOT of guys to hang out to dry. And imagine, they're ALL starting offensive players. Eight out of eleven on offense are vets and they have no culpability or responsibility at all for the fortune of the team they're playing for. What a sweet gig that is.

I challenge YOU MJZiggy to a private thread debate on the issue raised by this thread.

YOU and I alone.With normal Mod's and the membership just observing.With some proper time for YOU to prepare of course.

I desire to debate you one-on-one, over GM Ted Thompson and his integrity and honesty.

If that is allowed will YOU comply?

MJZiggy
09-21-2006, 04:12 PM
There is no way in hell I'm going to get in a pissing match with you about Ted Thompson. If you want to discuss him, you can discuss him with all of us, because this is an open forum and I welcome everybody's input. It is still my opinion that it is way too early to make any conclusve decisions about what he's doing, that he's worked on some fine teambuilding efforts and that not everything that goes wrong is his fault. I also know I'm not the only one with that opinion.

Scott Campbell
09-21-2006, 04:26 PM
LOL

What in the HELL are you thinking Woody? I'd want no part of her in a cage match.

woodbuck27
09-21-2006, 07:02 PM

MJZiggy:

You likely read most posts that are created here;

I have been associated with YOU at the JSO's Packer forum,

the Packer Section of the C-E Forum and now at PACKERRATS.

Members have debated, hashed, re-hashed the reason's that we have only managed 4 wins in 18 regular season games since Ted Thompson.

RECORD REGULAR SEASON 2004

10 W - 6 L

2004 Postseason Schedule

Date................. Opponent........ Time... TV

Sun., Jan. 9 Minnesota Vikings 3:30 p.m. L, 17-31 ( I believe this was a turning point for us ... a new Packer direction was determined by this games result and specific events or a specific event within this games play.)

Following this early playoff Exit.

OUR GM Ted Thompson soon arrived in Green Bay as Mike Sherman was assigned to only the HC Duties.

The Packers 2005 Roster (it was soon realized) would be absent both of it's guards on one of the TOP OL's in the NFL as they were not retained by GM Ted Thompson and thus both departed via FA?

I would like to study the timing here but T2 asked S Darren Sharper to take a $4 Million reduction in Pay fr. $6 M - $2 M. He balked and left for "the Vikings" for the 2005 Season, for which his outstanding play (and that is still reported to be just that) in 2005 rewarded him with a PRO BOWL selection.

[/b]The Guards that departed were LG Mike Wahle who took about a($6 Million/Tr.) Contract with " the Carolina Panthers " and he too was selected to the Pro Bowl.

The other guard was RG Marco Rivera who signed as a FA with "Dallas". His play "in fact" wasn't good last Season and it's held that his knees are deteriorating and we saw that as a factor in allowing him to be expendable following 2004.

The reason's for OUR 4W - 12 Record in 2006 are agrred upon as:

Over the top adversity in the form of injury to OUR #1 WR JW and #3 RF and #4 WR TM. Our #1 TE...BF

#1 RB, AG #2 RB ND and replacement RB (Samkon Gado) acquired in Oct. '05 as I recall..

OUR Running game never got off the gound as we finished near the bottom of the NFL on the RUSH. (30th or so) a consequence we have agreed was due to a poor OL. We have agreed here that poor OL play created a poor ground game of about 75 yards avg./game on the ground.

The OL never got on track throughout 2005 as the FA's that Ted Thompson brought in didn't cut it nor did Rookie Draft picks Coston or Whitticker work out. Whitticker's gone and Coston hasn't started a game and it's speculated will soon be gone.

Consequent to "the fact" we had a lousy running game we are aware that Favre made the most pass's in his careerin 2005.

Year.. Team.. G. GS Att Comp Pct... Yds .YPA.. Lg... TD.. Int Rate
2002 Packers 16 16 551 341 61.9...3658 6.64. 85.. 27... 16....85.6
2003 Packers 16 16 471 308 65.4. ..3361 7.14 66. .32... 21... 90.4
2004 Packers 16 16 540 346 64.1....4088 7.57 79....30 ...17.. 92.4
2005 Packers .16.16.607 372 61.3.. 3881 6.39 59... 20.....29.. .70.

Note in 2005: 372/607 = 61.3%

23.25 comp. for 37.94 attempts (23/38) Avg. 60.5% over 16 G Sch. (2005)

Last weekend Favre was 31/55 or 56.4% for 340 yards ...

Rush net = 63 Yards and we had 20 carries or

a Total of 51 plays on Offense.

In Week 1 Favre was ....15/29 or..51.7% for 170 yards ..

Rush net = 103 Yards in 23 carries or

a Total of 53 plays on Offenseincluding Jon Ryan's 16 yard pass.

Two games Rushing = 83 Yard Avg. only slightly better than OUR 2005 Avg.

In week 2 Favre makes 55 pass's compared to only 29 pass's in week 1.

That represents 26/29 = a whopping 89.7 % more pass's in week 2 Vs. week 1.

Huge change in game plan in week 2 over week 1? The second game was put ALL on Favre's arm it would appear to me, and that is way over the TOP too much pressure to load on Brett Favre.

55 Pass's and 3 TD's and 1 pick. (340 yards passing and only 63 yards on the ground suggest's what to YOU MJ?

Did M3 have any confidence in the run? Why was that?

Did your answers have anything to do with the fact the WHOLE WORLD is aware of the condition of OUR OL?

Why after the departure of Wahle and Rivera and this Off Season Scott Wells had to replace C Mike Flanigan.. . why is OUR OL stil in terrible shape.

How are OUR Tackles performing so far this Off Season and in the 2 regular Season games MJZiggy? Why is that?

Possibly anything to do with a ZBS that noone is getting adjusted to?

So why did the Coaching staff elect to go there when prior to the ZBS OUR Tackles were rather decent ?

The Saints game placed it ALL on Favre's arm.

Fans Speak:

Who was the Packers' player of the game, Sunday Vs Saints MJZiggy?

Aaron Kampman
37%
Brett Favre
33%
Donald Driver
25%
Other
2%
Nick Collins
1%
Total Votes: 51,533

Again this supports the fact that packer fans see and appreciate what Brett Favre is doing despite Mike McCarthy's gameplan that incorporated Favre making a ridiculous 55 pass's and we know that anything over 40 spells TURNOVERS via the Interception.

Which Record /Ted Thompson want Brett Favre to break?

1.NO record.

2. The passing TD Record

3. The passing Interception Record.

4. The passing Interception Record along with the Most pass's in a Season?

Things have simply gone Mad in Green Bay.

woodbuck27
09-21-2006, 07:15 PM
There is no way in hell I'm going to get in a pissing match with you about Ted Thompson. If you want to discuss him, you can discuss him with all of us, because this is an open forum and I welcome everybody's input. It is still my opinion that it is way too early to make any conclusve decisions about what he's doing, that he's worked on some fine teambuilding efforts and that not everything that goes wrong is his fault. I also know I'm not the only one with that opinion.

Nice out MJ. :mrgreen:

I wasn't... " to use your term... suggesting a pissing match".

Rather a tool that just may cause you to have to admit that Ted Thompson isn't ALL... that you seem to crack him up to be.

You actually put the blame on Packer players when the strength of the starters and " the Teams Depth" depends on the acquisitions for OUR Team to support and augment already available talent. . .that would be "the Vets", MJ.

The foundation of the TEAM and any TEAM success.

Is founded in the OL and the DL. You can have a solid DL, but if the OL cannot enable the Teams Offense, to win the battle of the clock and to score an adequate amount of points for the teams Defense to protect against... WE LOSE ALOT !!!

Isn't that or LOSING what plays into Ted Thompson's agenda MJ?

At least, something's working.... but nothing that I as Packer fan feel we all deserve.

Wins for the Vets and some Packer Pride and Dignity. :idea:

woodbuck27
09-21-2006, 07:24 PM
LOL

What in the HELL are you thinking Woody? I'd want no part of her in a cage match.

Scott.

Now your giving me idea's, that are reminding me of that HORROR Flick thread in Romper Room..... Yikessss !

Woahhh... we're NOT going there. Definitely... don't want to go there.

Uhh Uhhh :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
09-21-2006, 07:45 PM
The Packers 2005 Roster (it was soon realized) would be absent both of it's guards on one of the TOP OL's in the NFL as they were not retained by GM Ted Thompson and thus both departed via FA?

I would like to study the timing here but T2 asked S Darren Sharper to take a $4 Million reduction in Pay fr. $6 M - $2 M. He balked and left for "the Vikings" for the 2005 Season, for which his outstanding play (and that is still reported to be just that) in 2005 rewarded him with a PRO BOWL selection.

Hmmm...Yes, let's look at this timing. WHY did TT want Sharper to take that pay cut? Any possibility that he was working on finding ways to keep a certain guard?

And as to the Rocky Horror bit, I included it because it is the FUNNIEST parody of a horror flick that I've ever seen in my life and was ragingly popular as you yourself brought up.

BobDobbs
09-22-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure if this thread is still about Sharper or if we've moved on to TT.

As far as D-Sharp. I did always like him, but I've got a soft spot for flamboyant players. As far as his play on the field he would gamble, but for the most part helped to defense greatly and provided big plays. The last year that he was here the defense and particularly the backfield was a disorganized nightmare. This was thanks to Slowik and our very own coach shotty. He was definitely injured after the hit in the Buffalo game and it showed. His already limited lateral quickness diminished and it hurt, especially because they insisted on playing him on slot receivers instead of in back. He had 3 TDS on defense that year (pretty decent for a guy playing terrible).
The Packers said you have to take a 4 million dollar paycut. He said no way if you want to reduce my cap number I'll restructure my contract, but I'm worthy of the money. They said you're fired. He goes out and gets paid about what we were going to pay him, produces 9 or 10 INTS. We fans get to watch Antonio Freeman, Mark Roman, and Manuel play ugly ball. Our safeties should be Sharper and Collins right now. That would be alot more fun to watch.

One more thing. Blaming Sharper for the 49er playoff loss? Young threw the ball through the whole defense. TO had basically been shut out that game. He had some fault, but no one was going to knock the ball out of TO's hands after he had it in the endzone.
In the Philly game his coverage was definitely too deep. One of those safeties has to be in front of the first down marker. Barnett was way out of position on that play. Donnatell called a bad play. Not to mention punt on 4th and 1. Or that horrible decision in OT by Farve to pass the ball to Dawkins.
My point is: If you would rather have a hard hitter like Chuck Cecil say it. If you don't like him personally because he signed with the vikings or your girlfriend thought he was hot that's ok too. But, blaming him for two of the biggest losses in Packer playoff history simply does not stand up to the tests of logic or perception.

MJZiggy
09-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks, BobDobbs, you gave me just the piece of information I was looking for.

Terry
09-23-2006, 07:29 AM
Walker is also a bit odd. Perhaps too much TO influence. I will always feel that had he not been injured, at some point GB would have tried to work out an extension toward the end of 2005. Once the season was over, Walker seemed to take a McKenzie stance, and again the Packers did not have much choice. At least TT parlayed the situation into a bunch of draft picks.

Absolutely. Well said. Sometimes events just converge certain ways and things go very wrong. Thompson made what he could out of it and moved on.

I'm trying to imagine how fans felt when Elway insisted on moving out to another team.

In the Philly game his coverage was definitely too deep. One of those safeties has to be in front of the first down marker. Barnett was way out of position on that play. Donnatell called a bad play. Not to mention punt on 4th and 1. Or that horrible decision in OT by Favre to pass the ball to Dawkins.

What are you talking about? What bad play? Some players were out of position, how was that Donatel's fault? The players are supposed to know where the first down marker is.

Bretsky
09-23-2006, 07:37 AM

Hmmm...Yes, let's look at this timing. WHY did TT want Sharper to take that pay cut? Any possibility that he was working on finding ways to keep a certain guard?

And as to the Rocky Horror bit, I included it because it is the FUNNIEST parody of a horror flick that I've ever seen in my life and was ragingly popular as you yourself brought up.

Getting in on this late; but honestly I don't think TT gave any indication he intended to make an effort for Rivera or Wahle so I don't think asking Sharper to take the pay cut had any relation to them. I liked Sharper as a player. I wish TT would have been a little less aggressive with the pay cut request and worked something out; but bygones it is.

I don't have any problems with Sharper saying what he did.

It's the truth.
B

Patler
09-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Getting in on this late; but honestly I don't think TT gave any indication he intended to make an effort for Rivera or Wahle so I don't think asking Sharper to take the pay cut had any relation to them.
B

Of course they tried to resign BOTH players. From JSO:

"On Tuesday, the Packers cut their starting left guard, releasing him to the free-agent market where in a very short while he'll be a man of many riches. After discussing several deals of varying lengths and value, Wahle and the Packers were unable to agree on a renegotiated contract that would reduce his salary cap number of $11.375 million.

"We spent the past couple of weeks in talks that intensified this weekend, and we'll continue to talk," said Neil Cornrich, Wahle's agent. "Regardless of his status, we'll still talk."

"The club negotiated with guard Marco Rivera through the day Tuesday, but was unable to reach a contract agreement before the start of free agency. Though Rivera became an unrestricted free agent at midnight, the Packers are very interested in re-signing him and are expected to continue negotiations today.

"The Packers apparently decided they were going to let the market dictate Rivera's worth and weren't going to make the same mistake they made two years ago when they overestimated the interest in defensive tackle Cletidus Hunt before the start of free agency."

"If the Packers are able to sign Wahle or Rivera, they will have to create salary-cap room to accommodate their new contracts. The Packers are ready to cut safety Darren Sharper if he doesn't accept a major pay cut, a move that would create more than $3 million of room.

"The Packers owe Sharper a roster bonus of $2.6 million on March 12, so they don't have to make a decision on his status until then. '

It was very obvious at the time that getting Sharper to reduce his cap number was the ONLY significant area to gain cap space to sign either Rivera or Wahle. I have been trying to point that out for over a year. The Packers salary cap in March, 2005 was heavily weighted toward a few players, several of whom were not even elligible for renegotiation, Favre being one of them. Sharper was about it. Cutting Hunt in March would have INCREASED his cap number.

The Packers salary cap had gotten out of wack by 2005. It happens. Several in the Packer front office had implied that they figured they could maybe keep either Wahle or Rivera, and they figured Rivera would be the cheaper one. It seems that even that would have required getting Sharper to reduce or releasing him. They never intended to lose both guards, but when Dallas went nuts with the offer for Rivera, it made no sense to compete.

The part that was mildly surprising to me was that after losing both guards, they still released Sharper. His bonus wasn't due until mid-March, so the situation with the guards was done and over with when they released Sharper anyway.

mraynrand
09-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Patler wrote:

"Every team loses players they would prefer to keep if they could."

This is true, but you can't afford to lose your nest players if you have nothing to replace them with. Walker was arguably the best player on the team. Wahle was the best O-lineman (at least he is now with their new scheme)

Wahle
Sharper
Walker

Hindsight is 20/20, but these three were part of a very good Packer core - teams that routinely won 10+ games a year. The Packers have needlessly spiraled into ruin mostly because these guys were let go.

Tarlam!
09-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Hurumph. Ho-hum!

We can spew all day about our lost players. Or, we can wish our team the very best of luck.

Those players pulling on the famous Green and Gold are playing their hearts out for us.

We're losing, but, not because we lack passion.

Patler
09-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Wahle
Sharper
Walker

Hindsight is 20/20, but these three were part of a very good Packer core - teams that routinely won 10+ games a year. The Packers have needlessly spiraled into ruin mostly because these guys were let go.

"...these guys were let go." you make it sound like the Packers didn't want them. My take is much different. They couldn't afford to keep Wahle. Instead of saying "woulda, coulda, shoulda" I wish someone would give a reasonable explaination of how they could have kept Wahle, using the contract numbers available in March 2005. In one post (perhaps at JSO, it was a while ago) I explained every single 2005 bonus that was due in 2005, for all players, and what could have been done with it. I also discussed the highest player salaries that were due, and what maybe could be expected to do with those.

No matter how you look at it, the Packers had very little room to generate cap space. In March before relaesing Wahle, on paper they had over $40 million of the 2005 cap tied up in Favre, who couldn't renegotiate, Sharper who wouldn't renegotiate, players long gone like Johnson & Reynolds whose numbers can't change, Hunt whose cap number would have gone up if he was cut before June, KGB who had only a $1 million roster bonus that could have been tinkered with and was so early in his contract that his original signing bonus yet to amortize would kill any renegotiation, Green who was in the last year of his contract with significant fresh cash due him in 2005, and lastly Wahle who anticipated a significant cash payment from someone. In that scenario, just where are you going to generate any significant cap space?

Walker threw a hissy fit when GB didn't give him money before the 2005 season that they didn't have to give, and never gave the Packers a chance after that. You can't force a player to stay. AT least GB got something in return.

Sharper you might argue that the Packers "let go". They simply didn't want to pay him what his contract required. Would he have helped last year? Yes. In 2006? Maybe, its hard to say if his injury history will recur or not, he was hurt some last year too. They always say it is better to let a player go two years too early than two years too late, unless you are on the verge of challenging for the Super Bowl. I suspect Sharper fits nicely into the "two years too early" category, and at this stage, so what?

Scott Campbell
09-23-2006, 01:05 PM
I think too many blame Thompson for losing Wahle. He was only on the job for a short bit before Wahle left. Sherman had years to figure out how to get out of that balloon payment and extend the guy.

Patler
09-23-2006, 01:12 PM
I think too many blame Thompson for losing Wahle. He was only on the job for a short bit before Wahle left. Sherman had years to figure out how to get out of that balloon payment and extend the guy.

Exactly. The time to do something about it was a year earlier, when Wahle still had to weigh the risk of an injury before he would see his big money. Once he made it through 2004 in perfect health, he knew a huge amount of cash was coming his way from someone. Either the Packers would pay the balloon, or somone would pay even more in guaranteed money for a long term deal. The balloon payment from GB was the lowest amount of guaranteed cash he could expect. He was in a perfect situation, because the Packers could not tender him, just pay him and for only a short term at that..

Tarlam!
09-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Wahle, as I recall, had no intention of remaining. None. No money we could have thrown at him would have been enough. As I recall.

Patler
09-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Wahle, as I recall, had no intention of remaining. None. No money we could have thrown at him would have been enough. As I recall.

It's hard to say. Wahle certainly made enough comments that seemed like he was not interested in staying, but he also made a few that sounded like he would stay. All in all, my impression is that all things being equal, he wanted a fresh start and a chance to step out of the shadows of the other O-linmen.

Scott Campbell
09-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I think you're right. They had to get it done a year ealier while the risk of attaining the big payday was still valid.

I don't think Wahle wanted to be a Packer. He lives in Vegas if I remember correcly, and I don't think Green Bay is his kind of town.

Tarlam!
09-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Point is, TT is blameless on Wahle and made a call on Marco R. Think back, Marco had back surgery in Dallas before taking the field and offered to pay back his boni.

TT said guards are a dime a dozen when he was fresh, but not even TT believed that! He wasn't used to making nationwide news breaking statements when he said that!

Patler
09-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I don't think Wahle wanted to be a Packer. He lives in Vegas if I remember correcly, and I don't think Green Bay is his kind of town.

Green Bay...Vegas? I don't see the difference! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tarlam!
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM

Green Bay...Vegas? I don't see the difference! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OK. That is definitely BOMNF!

woodbuck27
09-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I'd say Sharper is having the last laugh. Is that Freeman guy TT signed to replace Sharper still playing in the NFL?

My take on the Darren Sharper Article of September 18, 2006 and entitled... Sharper sympathetic to Packers' misery

First let's (again) see / read it if you'll indulge me, please: :mrgreen:

Sharper sympathetic to Packers' misery

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
Last update: September 18, 2006 – 11:34 PM

Vikings safety Darren Sharper admits he feels bad for his former teammates with 0-2 Green Bay, but that sympathy does not extend to a front office led by General Manager Ted Thompson. The Packers are 4-14 with Thompson in charge over the past two seasons.

"I have friends over there playing, and I don't like to see them struggling like this, and it really bothers me to see Brett [Favre] struggling at the end of a legendary career," Sharper said Monday.

Sharper spent the first eight seasons of his career in Green Bay but left after the 2004 season following his refusal to take a pay cut from $6 million to $2 million. Also among those to leave Green Bay after that season were veteran guards Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera. Kicker Ryan Longwell joined the exodus last March, following Sharper in signing with the Vikings.

This has left the Packers in the situation of playing for the future but still having the 36-year-old Favre as their quarterback.

"You can say you're not rebuilding but then all the moves you make, it looks like you are rebuilding," Sharper said.

"You're telling all the guys that are still there like Brett and the older guys like [running back Ahman Green] that you are not rebuilding, and you have them going through this struggle with a lot of young guys who aren't experienced......

End Of Article ... woodbuck27

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Woodbuck27

Is there anyone on this Forum who refute's what Darren Sharper says in this Article... as NOT "the TRUTH"?

In case there are? I'll challenge YOU with the following obsevation:

I'll focus objectively on how that Article speaks... to NFL fans in general as well as Packer fans. This article goes to the heart of ALL Packer fans to examine yourselves in your consciounce.

Darren Sharper speaks " his TRUTH ".

He express's " that TRUTH " in compassionate terms, based on what he perceives has to be difficult for OUR Vets, that he still considers " as friends ". He mentions Brett Favre and Ahman Green as Packer Vet's that are still his friends.

From the Article:

Vikings safety Darren Sharper admits he feels bad for his former teammates with 0-2 Green Bay... the word sympathy is used and that sympathy is specifically reserved for Packer Vets...

sympathy? Yes he does:

Sharper admits he feels bad for his former teammates = sympathy

Vet's = among other's, two Packers mentioned in the article specifically, Vet. QB Brett Favre and Vet. RB Ahman Green:

"You're telling all the guys that are still there like Brett and the older guys like [running back Ahman Green] that you are not rebuilding, and you have them going through this struggle with a lot of young guys who aren't experienced......

"It's kind of hard to watch the guys I know. ... To have them not reap any benefits from their work, that's hard to watch. But as far as the people up top who make the decisions, I don't feel sorry for them. You all know who makes decisions over there. "

NO sympathy for OUR GM Ted Thompson.

Why does Sharper express sympathy? That is partially covered by this alarming and in OUR face fact:

The Packers are 4-14 with Thompson in charge over the past two seasons. ( fr. the Article and accurate)

Thompson ...refer's to ...Packer GM Ted Thompson. woodbuck27

"I have friends over there playing, and I don't like to see them struggling like this, and it really bothers me to see Brett [Favre] struggling at the end of a legendary career," ... Sharper said Monday.

The Article mentions Favre and another Packer Vet. Ahman Green and other Packer Vet's that has Sharpers sympathy:

" all the guys that are still there like Brett and the older guys like [running back Ahman Green]".... Darren Sharper

Does the article support reason for Sharpers sympathy for Packers that he played with and still thinks of as friends?

YES it does. That sympathy is clearly backed up... regarding the reason for that sympathy in:

a) OUR RECORD since GM Ted Thompson being 4-12.

b) the perceived deceipt ( created by and living in OUR GM Ted Thompson and spreading to OUR HC, Mike McCarthy ...and even corrupting Packer fans, who support GM Ted Thompson in the clear proof and face of his deceipt. )

A deceipt of growing denial, enacted on and damaging abusively Packer Vets, in the following terms:

" You're telling all the guys that are still there like Brett and the older guys like [running back Ahman Green] that you are not rebuilding," Darren Sharper

Your... refers to OUR GM Ted Thompson and now we are aware of the deceit growing /spreading... from statements by OUR Head Coach Mike McCarthy. That Mike McCarthy has taken a position to join Ted Thompson's deceit... to deny " the obvious TRUTH " ...The ABSOLUTE FACT that " the Packers are most certainly in a re-building mode.

How can we establish " the fact " that GM Ted Thompson has OUR team firmly entrenched in a re-building mode?

That is clearly supported by using " the TRUTH" specifically reiterated in the Article:

* you (* GM Ted Thompson ) have ** them (** Packer Vets) going through this struggle with a lot of young guys who aren't experienced...... Darren Sharper

This Article is what I term " a smoking gun ".

Darren Sharper, in his compassion and support for his friends. Vet Packers Brett Favre and Ahman Green and other's. Goes to " the full extent and damage of this deceit by GM Ted Thompson and now HC Mike McCarthy ".

How?

In regards to the specific damage it's doing to not only the Packer Vets, but in a corollary arguement, many dedicated and faithfully trusting Packer fans who support these Packer Vets as follows:

" you have them (Packer Vets) going through this struggle with a lot of young guys who aren't experienced......

"It's kind of hard to watch the guys I know (or Brett Favre and Ahman Green and other Vets )... To have them not reap any benefits from their work, that's hard to watch....." Darren Sharper

The TRUTH is now before YOU.

How can YOU (as Packer fans) ever with any integrity, proper consciounce and decency?

TRUST or cast your faith to OUR GM Ted Thompson or OUR HC Mike McCarthy... when they use an obvious deceit (for whatever reason) isn't as yet clearly obvious to date?

That will be..." the rest of the story " and it's NOT far away.

GO PACK GO ... FAITH in PACKER FANS !!

BobDobbs
09-23-2006, 03:21 PM
I have to agree with you Patler. There was no real way to pay Wahle that bonus. Once free agency started Wahle was going to sign elsewhere, for all the previously mentioned factors. Dallas overpayed for Rivera. TT ultimately felt that Sharper wasn't worth what he was due to be paid. I think he also made the choice to give himself much more cap room in general.

That decision makes sense. It was his first year, so he doesn't have to produce wins immediately why not give yourself some room to work with? The Packers are in much better cap shape than they were. Driver got an extension(good), Woodson(we'll see), and we've got money to extend Harris maybe Jenkins or Wells.

All of this room was predicated on the hope that two new guards and a safety could be found(still waiting). You could add kicker to the list to, but that happened when we had cap room to pay Longwell so I guess that is more just a curious personel decision

woodbuck27
09-23-2006, 03:49 PM
" One more thing. Blaming Sharper for the 49er playoff loss? Young threw the ball through the whole defense. TO had basically been shut out that game. He had some fault, but no one was going to knock the ball out of TO's hands after he had it in the endzone. **

In the Philly game his coverage was definitely too deep. One of those safeties has to be in front of the first down marker. Barnett was way out of position on that play. Donnatell called a bad play. Not to mention punt on 4th and 1. Or that horrible decision in OT by Favre to pass the ball to Dawkins. ***

My point is: If you would rather have a hard hitter like Chuck Cecil say it. If you don't like him personally because he signed with the vikings or your girlfriend thought he was hot that's ok too. But, blaming him for two of the biggest losses in Packer playoff history simply does not stand up to the tests of logic or perception." BobDobbs

* YES ! That pass fr.Steve Young to T.O. just at the goaline was an amazing lazer beam like pass and right on the money, perfectly timed for a streaking Terrell Owens. T.O. was just inside the Packer DB's and they had ZERO chance to make a play as that route was run.

The ball from Young right into Terrell's hands, as he cut to the goal angling from his right and AL he had to do was hold on as as I recall three?DB's sanwiched him as he fell forward.

TOUCHDOWN..49ers !!

Shocking pain for us.

On 4-26 and "the Eagles" win over us in 2003 when we were so close to running it all the way to the Show as we had momentum on OUR side. Who was next " the Panthers "...they never easy for us.

I do agree with you here also.The DB's played back or layed off way too deep... and allowed WR Mitchell, too much open field to run in and after the catch just shy of the 26 yard marker to simply allow his momentum to carry him for the first down.They were in a deep zone prevent when some safety CB (defensive back had to pick up Freddie Mitchell as he cut down and to the center or post position.

It was pure "You catch it and I'll tackle "... NOT THE Right call from OUR Defensive Co-Ordinator (someone)

The DB's had to be standing upfield of the post position at the 26 yard gain mark and look for Offensive pass interference if WR Terry Mitchell ran into one of OUR DB's.

I will never forget OUR DB's standing just downfield of the 26 yard spot and an " outstretched Baryshnikovian extended" Bhawoh Jue, just failing to get a hand on that perfectly thrown pass and timed beautifully by Freddie Mitchell. Yikes!!! That realy sucked. What were the odds???

Yet... NO another one against us and another nightmare ensued.

The Officialls also helped out again (see " The Catch 2 "... T.O.) as dicussed above.

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

Rastak
09-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Woodbuck, out of curiosity, how long does it take to compose one of those posts?

GrnBay007
09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Woodbuck, out of curiosity, how long does it take to compose one of those posts?

actually that's a short one. :wink:

digitaldean
09-23-2006, 09:56 PM

I actually feel sorry for the pounding Woody's keyboard takes! :wink:

Tarlam!
09-24-2006, 03:24 AM

I have tried to tell him, but he thinks I am personally attacking him...

I have stopped reading anything that he posts, which I feel is a bad thing.

'buck, as you may note, IT IS NOT JUST ME!!!!

We all love your thoughts. Just make them shorter...

woodbuck27
09-24-2006, 10:16 AM

As my Grandfather " Eldon Alonzo Bell " used to say Rastak;

Regarding the length of time required to perform any task:

" Ed, It takes... as long as it takes, to get it right."

That one had to be done with care, so it took longer than some Rastak... about... 45 minutes to an hour. :mrgreen:

Harlan Huckleby
09-24-2006, 10:20 AM

Tarlam, you dope. Would you tell Melville to get an editor for "Moby Dick"? Would you tell Shakespeare that "Hamlet" dragged a bit, tighten it up?

Woody is an artist. His ramblings are poetry. Keep your Eurotrash nose out of here if you can't appreciate what you read here.

woodbuck27
09-24-2006, 10:20 AM

I actually feel sorry for the pounding Woody's keyboard takes! :wink:

Ha haa, digitaldean !

Keyboard's are easy to replace.

Brett Favre's... not so easy. :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO ! Getting Doooowwwwnn ... in Lion Town !!

woodbuck27
09-24-2006, 10:23 AM

I have tried to tell him, but he thinks I am personally attacking him...

I have stopped reading anything that he posts, which I feel is a bad thing.

'buck, as you may note, IT IS NOT JUST ME!!!!

Tarlam!

Yes... PLEASE Tarlam! Don't read any of my posts.

That's step #1. Now...

Having taken my advice as good for you. Tarlam! YOU just need to get inside yourself for.. one... more... step.

Step #2 - Tarlam!

Try really hard Tarlam!...

to completely allow yourself ... " TO LET GO ".

Your not " the United Nations ". :mrgreen:

I don't give YOU Bullshit directly or publicly. So ...

Please, don't give me...YOUR's.

K ?!! :cool: Ehh ?!!

YOU and I have NOTHING more to ever say to one another.

So PLEASE Tarlam! Here's "the message".

It can't be delivered in a nice way... to you Maan.

Screw Off !

Trusting that's CLEAR ENOUGH... for YOU Tarlam!

I'm done with YOU.

Have a nice LIFE... Tarlam!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now Tarlam! I'll shorten that up out of total respect for... your needs.

Being... the accomodating sort that I am. :mrgreen:

SCREW OFF !!! Tarlam!

woodbuck27
09-24-2006, 10:50 AM
The Packers fell to 0-2 with a 34-27 loss to the Saints, but showed some promise after last week's 26-0 shutout at the hands of the Bears.

Even though it's just Week 3, the Detroit Lions are saying it will be a must-win game when they face Green Bay in a matchup of winless teams. The game may not be a thing of beauty, but at least Packers quarterback Brett Favre could make the afternoon memorable by reaching another milestone. Favre is one touchdown pass away from his 400th touchdown, a total only Dan Marino (420) has reached in NFL history. "Yeah, we scored," says Brett Favre, ripping into the plastic wrap covering a toy ...

"Gunslinger" badge, the surprise found in a box of Lucky Charms he religiously enjoys every morning. "Man, I love my Lucky Charms. You've got pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clover, red balloons, and blue Vocodins....

Anyway, we went from 'shutout' to 'shootout' in the span of a week. You all need to get used to the phrase 'in a losing effort' when you're talking about the Packers." Brett Favre

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre walks off the field after throwing an incomplete pass on fourth down during the final minutes of an NFL football game against the New Orleans Saints Sunday, Sept. 17, 2006, in Green Bay, Wis.

After losing two home games to start the season, Favre can understand why people might think he would want the Green Bay Packers to trade him to a contender. But Favre doesn't necessarily think that would be any better than sticking it out for the rest of the year and perhaps beyond in Green Bay.

Detroit wide receiver Roy Williams guaranteed a win last week when the Lions faced the Bears. As you know, he was wrong, but that hasn't stopped him from guaranteeing a win this week.

"Look, every year, the NFL has some clown playing wide receiver who makes guarantees," says Williams.

"This year, I'm that clown. It was a lot easier in college at Texas making these guarantees. You don't have to be too bold to guarantee wins over the likes of Rice, West Texas State, and Prairie View A & M. And you don't have to be bold to guarantee a win over the Bears — just stupid. But a win over the Packers? Bet the house."

Williams has a TD reception, and the Lions defense forces three Brett Favre turnovers.

Detroit wins, 28-13.

Afterwards, Williams guarantees the Lions will win the Super Bowl, the Tigers will win the World Series, the Pistons will win the NBA championship, and the Red Wings will win the Stanley Cup. He also guarantees that he will not watch any games involving the WNBA's Detroit Shock.

GO PACK GO ! Gettin Doowwwnnn in Lion Town !! Packer fan Faith !!!

Scott Campbell
09-24-2006, 11:10 AM

Tarlam, you dope. Would you tell Melville to get an editor for "Moby Dick"? Would you tell Shakespeare that "Hamlet" dragged a bit, tighten it up?

Melville was capable of being consise:

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

My guess is that he would have found a way to say "Thompson sucks" in less than 2500 words.

Scott Campbell
09-24-2006, 11:14 AM
And I've come to realize my reaction to Woody's long posts are more a reflection on my ADD like short attention span than it is on him being a little long winded.