PDA

View Full Version : Coolest marriage proposals you have heard of????

Jayo
09-19-2006, 11:37 AM
I am going to propose soon (next couple of weeks) and am COMPLETLY stumped on how I am going to drop the question. Needs some suggestions.....

MateoInMex
09-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Stay away from marriage dude ..it's a prison sentence!

Seriously, when I proposed my parents had to go over to my wife's house and they along with my father-in-law set a a wedding date, etc.

I was stuck buying bottles of booze and beer. My aunt ended up going because when I informed my parents and my girlfriend at the time the day the proposal would happen...I GOT SCARED...EXTREMELY COLD FEET and drank all day with my friends...got home and tried to take a shower... slipped, fell over and knocked the toilet off the pipe fitting.

I was getting sprayed with sh*t water literally.. . . So my family made me stay home...AT MY OWN WEDDING PROPOSAL!!!

It was like they were deciding my future for me! Uh, no... so I disregarded their instructions like I have most of my life and snuck around the street hiding another beer with a Gatorade..And ended up drinking with my future father in law for the first time.. I HAD ANNOYED EVERYONE EXCEPT MY FIL.

I would recommend doing the opposite of that!

No jewelry, etc. Something memorable. Depending on your age and money situation.

Maybe a small trip to a resort or a cabin and during a quiet dinner ..you can pop the question with the help of a ring delivered during the main course and a bottle of wine.

jack's smirking revenge
09-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Pay someone to kindap your fiance. Rush in and rescue her in a fake blaze of glory. In dramatic fashion, tell her that you can risk ever losing her and ask for her hand in marriage.

Just make sure you don't pay the mob to kindap your fiance.

tyler

Badgepack
09-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Wait for the leaves to start turning, find a secluded spot in the woods, maybe near a small waterfall, take a blanket and hike with her to that spot and pop the question.

MateoInMex
09-19-2006, 11:58 AM
LMAO Jack.

That long walk secluded area way is pretty nice too.

oregonpackfan
09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Who says the guy has to be the one who does the proposing?

My wife proposed to my in my parents family room. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last May.

OPF

GBRulz
09-19-2006, 12:06 PM
put it on the jumbotron at Lambeau

the_idle_threat
09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Wait for the leaves to start turning, find a secluded spot in the woods, maybe near a small waterfall, take a blanket and hike with her to that spot and pop the question.

Don't bring a shovel ... it will ruin the mood.

Scott Campbell
09-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Ask her at half time next Sunday. Her reaction to you getting back to the game for the second half could save you big $$$ on attorney fees.

MJZiggy
09-19-2006, 03:05 PM
How you should do this depends on her favorite thing to do. Hubby had planned to take me for a walk down a wooded path near his parents house and pop the question over Thanksgiving weekend, but it snowed and was cold and he had to rethink the whole thing on the fly, so he gave me a model of the house we had just moved into with a box inside, with fabric roses and tiny bells and proposed when I opened the box. Another thing is, you might want to consider waiting on the ring until after you propose. Maybe make plans to go to the store with her the following day and then when you propose tell her it is a trip to the jewelry store to pick out the rings together (making sure, of course, that you know what the budget is before you ever set foot in the place).

Tyrone Bigguns
09-19-2006, 03:57 PM
I took my EX WIFE (SHE BROKE MY HEART, THAT BITCH..AHHH, AHHH) to Arthurs 27 (27th floor of hotel) to watch the fireworks at Disney. Very pricey place. Anyway, it was her bday, and I think she was expecting a ring. With that in mind I bought her a really nice set of earings (3/4 hundy) and mid way through gave her the box. She opened it and put on her best game face (as I recall, very similar to the Cowher face ;) that she was "happy" to get them. But I knew she was disappointed. And they say men aren't mind readers. LOL. At that moment i got down on bended knew, pulled out the ring and asked her to make me the happiest man alive (or something as sappy). She cried, tables near cheered, I got some AWESOME sex. :twisted:

KYPack
09-19-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm shocked, Tyrone. That was a real Romeo move. I didn't think ya had it in ya!

(If Nutz doesn't chime in on this one, he is ill or something)

Tyrone Bigguns
09-19-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm shocked, Tyrone. That was a real Romeo move. I didn't think ya had it in ya!

(If Nutz doesn't chime in on this one, he is ill or something)

Shocked? Why? You think Tyrone was always a crackhead?

Forgot to mention...WE SMOKED SOME ROCKS.

justanotherpackfan
09-19-2006, 05:06 PM
put it on the jumbotron at Lambeau
Nooooo, that'll only put her on the spot. If she wants to say no, everybody in the situation is pretty much screwed.

Harlan Huckleby
09-19-2006, 07:29 PM
If you REALLY love this woman, don't take chances. Stack the deck first, get her pregnant. Swap her birth control pills with chicklets. Holes in condoms are effective.

Women have been using these sorts of tricks forever, the end justifies the means.

Tony Oday
09-19-2006, 07:38 PM
If you REALLY love this woman, don't take chances. Stack the deck first, get her pregnant. Swap her birth control pills with chicklets. Holes in condoms are effective.

Women have been using these sorts of tricks forever, the end justifies the means.

Oh NO dont do that I keep tellign you Jayo dont do it! ;)

digitaldean
09-19-2006, 08:36 PM

Ah, Harlan...last of the true romantics! :mrgreen:

KYPack
09-19-2006, 09:07 PM
[quote=KYPack]I'm shocked, Tyrone. That was a real Romeo move. I didn't think ya had it in ya!

Shocked? Why? You think Tyrone was always a crackhead?

Forgot to mention...WE SMOKED SOME ROCKS.

OK, I believe that part of the story.