PDA

View Full Version : Yes it's that time again, my weekly analysis of the game.

Merlin
09-19-2006, 01:09 PM
For all the bashing the Packers got after week one you would think the analysts would have backed off a little after this game. Apparently not. If I hear one more "The Packers are rebuilding, Favre should be traded" analysis I am going to go postal. This weekends game was fun to watch from a lot of perspectives. First of all it was a good game. I give the Saints all the credit in the world after trying to give us the game. Once again we had a chance to at least tie the game with under 2 minutes to go. What a great position to be in after we gave the game back to the Saints. I only wish the outcome was different. Favre hasn't lead any 4th quarter comebacks in some time now. That is about the only part of his game I worry about. I think if he could pull just one of these games out then the Packers whole outlook would turn around. I am hoping that after this past weekends performance that they have some confidence in themselves and the coaching staff. I know that I do. What a 100% turnaround. It's easy to focus on the negatives so I will get those out of the way right away!

The "Cut Him" award goes to...Ahmad Carol.
Face it, he hasn't learned a damn thing in 2 years. He may be fast but he is as dumb as they come. Trade him while he still has value.

The "Fumble Fingers" award goes to...Bubba Franks.
All I can say is WTF Bubba?

The "Oh Shit" award goes to...Ahman Green
I bet that was his exact thought when he fumbled the game away. In his defense, the announcers jinxed him when they said "he hasn't fumbled for 9 games, I hope we didn't just jinx him".

The "Time Of The Month" award goes to...Al Harris.
The game would have been different if Al would have used Kotex instead of Maxi-Pad. He wouldn't have needed that IV that took our best DB out of the game and our worst DB in the game.

The "Rookie" award goes to...Nick Collins
He looked like he didn't know he was a safety (safety - the last person you rely on not to get burned deep).

The "Ex-Coach" award goes to...Kurt Shotenheimer (SP?)
No one has screamed "FIRE ME!" louder then this whopping moron has. I can coach the DB's better then he can, hell my daughter could.

The "Who?" award goes to...William Henderson
Not one of his best games. You didn't even know he played did you?!

Now onto the positive awards:

The "Heart" award goes to...Donald Driver
Can you say "WOW"? He is a stud.

The "Ataboy" award goes to...Aaron Kampman
He just keeps getting better and better.

The "Most Improved" award goes to...The Offensive Line
They played well even with Colledge in there. People said we couldn't run the ball. I disagree, we had some good gains in there, I think Favre was hot and McCarthy saw that and that's the route he went. We also weren't in much of a position to grind it out after the 1st quarter and that's too early to get conservative. McCarthy told everyone that they were going to pound the ball. Look at the first 15 scripted plays, if we were going to pound it then why did Green only have like 6 carries at the half? 6 carries isn't enough to determine whether or not you can run the ball IMO.

The "Past His Prime" award goes to...Brett Favre
350 Yards Passing, 55 Attempts, 3 TD's and an Int. I will take that every game if that is what "Past His Prime" means. Favre looked less tentative this game. Last game he was running for his life when he didn't need to be. As soon as he has confidense in this line, things will light up!

The "Wow" award goes to...Dave Rayner
The guy is the real deal. He can kick. It will be a rough FG year for him I think but he will be a great NFL kicker. He already kicks Longwell's ass IMO.

The "Um" award goes to...John Ryan
If he ever gets the hang time down he will be in the pro bowl.\

The "Finally" award goes to...Charles Woodson
He finally played a half way decent game today. However on 3rd and 6, don't line up 10 yards off the receiver you friggin moron.

The "As Advertised" award goes to...AJ Hawk.
He does have the lateral speed that we hoped he would. Bush was no match.

The "Let's See That Again" award goes to...Cullen Jenkins
I told people a few years ago that this kid could play. He blew up the Saints offensive line every time he was in there.

That's all the fun I have for now. I am hoping that next week the confidence builds and our defense, offense, special teams and coaching staff don't get shocked when we are spotted a lead again. It looked like we didn't know what to do with a lead for a whole quarter. I guess we have to be losing to play well???

mmmdk
09-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanx for the read!

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2006, 01:32 PM
That was a good read, Merlin.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Pretty much how I see it to, good analysis.