PDA

View Full Version : 4 games in 3 years, and he critiques his coaches!

Patler
09-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Kellen Winslow:

" Frustrated and confused at not being on the field during some key third-downs in a 34-17 loss to the Bengals, Winslow claimed he should have been a bigger part of Cleveland 's game plan and blamed Browns coaches for a lack of imagination on offense.

"Some of the coaches might be holding us back a little bit," Winslow said. "We have nothing to lose. I don't mean to try and go behind their backs or whatever, but we're 0-2, we have nothing to lose, let's go."

"The Giants run the same system as we do," Winslow said. "The Cowboys run the same system as we do, (Jason) Witten and (Jeremy) Shockey are on the field on third down, and I just don't understand why I'm not on the field sometimes. ... It's very frustrating. We're losing and I'm not on the field. I just don't get it."

Badgepack
09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I don't know about this kid at all.

His dad was such stud, and I think a classy guy, too bad he couldn't be more like him.

GoPack06
09-19-2006, 04:32 PM
jerk when he was at Miami and he's a jerk now. Spoiled little rich kid.

go crash a bike a ruin your knees some more.

Kiwon
09-19-2006, 05:31 PM
It always leads to trouble when players start to believe their own hype.

Winslow has to realize that he has to prove himself all over again and just shut up and play.

oregonpackfan
09-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Now that he has publicly criticized his coaches in the press, look for this young man to spend even LESS time on the field!

OPF

KYPack
09-19-2006, 08:11 PM
He's stupid and selfish.

he's also got QB problems.

Charley Frye is a young QB that doesn't read or throw intermediate routes very well. The coaches are rolling him out to get him looks he can read, then throw. That stuff works better with trips and 4 wides. Winslow doesn't have a team view and shoots his mouth off for selfish reasons.

His daddy needs to fly to Cleve & whip his ass like he shoulda done 10 years ago, before the kid made some of his other stupid statements.

I like Frye. He's a big kid and athletic. Once he learns what's going on, he can be a big thing.

Whether Winslow will be around then remains to be seen.

Guiness
09-19-2006, 08:14 PM
wow - pretty full of himself for sure. And a spoiled rich kid.

Anyone know if the Browns ever did recover any of the signing bonus from him?

Deputy Nutz
09-19-2006, 08:32 PM
I thought this thread was about Ted Thompson.

digitaldean
09-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Hard to call Junior Winslow a has-been...he's more like a "never-was".

:razz:

Pacopete4
09-19-2006, 08:41 PM
hey.. lets trade bubba for winslow.. screw the attitude.. maybe thats what we need, cuz we sure are not winning with nice guys like franks right now.. and i used to love bubba

MJZiggy
09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Bubba had one bad game and you're turning on him?

mission
09-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Bubba had one bad game and you're turning on him?

perhaps it'd be harder to do that if he had good games to balance it out...