PDA

View Full Version : Morten Andersen back in the NFL

mmmdk
09-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Atlanta Falcons has signed kicker Morten Andersen to a 1 year deal. Nicknamed the "Great Dane," because he was born in Denmark, and came to America as an exchange student, Andersen has a league-record 40 field goals of 50 yards or more.

Hey, you may not care but the guy is from Denmark. My own brother, who's a Saints fan, will be attending the game in New Orleans on monday night. I've met Morten several times and he's a great guy. He still has a home, in the town of Struer, here in Denmark - he also lives in Atlanta. He's an icon here in Football Denmark.

My brother has been bugging about the Saints win - why couldn't we just have won that game!? Oh well.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2006, 05:48 AM
I wonder if they'll be having someone else handle kickoffs.

]{ilr]3
09-20-2006, 06:34 AM

I bet they will. Seems like everyone since the Chiefs he has not been the kickoff guy

KYPack
09-20-2006, 08:36 AM
He's 46.

I thought he was the all time clutch guy until he missed that kick that cost his team the game. The other team named him their MVP.

46 is a little old for a kicker, but Blanda did it.

Rastak
09-20-2006, 08:40 AM

ESPN said the current kicker/punter would handle kickoffs and long fg's.

mmmdk
09-20-2006, 11:05 AM
He's 46.

I thought he was the all time clutch guy until he missed that kick that cost his team the game. The other team named him their MVP.

46 is a little old for a kicker, but Blanda did it.

He slipped and it was vs the Jaguars. One slip and you suck? He's a HOF - maybe not in 5 years but his career is awesome and he'll go to Canton. I guess with your reasoning Favre won't make it either!? :mad: I think I may be overreacting but he's a Dane and he's my kinda player.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2006, 11:11 AM
[He slipped and it was vs the Jaguars. One slip and you suck? He's a HOF - maybe not in 5 years but his career is awesome and he'll go to Canton. I guess with your reasoning Favre won't make it either!? :mad: I think I may be overreacting but he's a Dane and he's my kinda player.

PFT has this to say:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/GrampaFalcon.jpg

The Falcons' "new" kicker gets re-acquainted with the sport: "These shoulder pads are giving me a rash. And why is it so cold in here?"

I think he's a lock for the HOF.

mmmdk
09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
[He slipped and it was vs the Jaguars. One slip and you suck? He's a HOF - maybe not in 5 years but his career is awesome and he'll go to Canton. I guess with your reasoning Favre won't make it either!? :mad: I think I may be overreacting but he's a Dane and he's my kinda player.

PFT has this to say:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/GrampaFalcon.jpg

The Falcons' "new" kicker gets re-acquainted with the sport: "These shoulder pads are giving me a rash. And why is it so cold in here?"

I think he's a lock for the HOF.

Oh my god!!! LOL, maybe Morten should've stayed home! :lol:

Scott Campbell
09-20-2006, 11:22 AM

My guess is that he'll be money up to about 45 yards. It's a solid move when your young guy doesn't pan out like you hoped.

mmmdk
09-20-2006, 11:29 AM

My guess is that he'll be money up to about 45 yards. It's a solid move when your young guy doesn't pan out like you hoped.

Morten made 7 of 8 kicks yesterday in front of Falcons owner - he hit the upright on a 53 yarder with room to spare. He's got leg! I always dreamt he'd somehow kick for the Packers, like other the Scandinavian kicker Stenerud.

mmmdk
09-20-2006, 11:32 AM

Morten made 7 of 8 kicks yesterday in front of Falcons owner - he hit the upright on a 53 yarder with room to spare. He's got leg! I always dreamt he'd somehow kick for the Packers, like other the Scandinavian kicker Stenerud.

Actually, Morten hit the upright on a 55 yarder , not 53, with room to spare.