PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Vick is a banana hammock

SkinBasket
04-18-2006, 08:05 AM
ESPN's picture says a thousand words. Playing him up as the determined antihero, wronged by society, out to prove he's not the bad guy. It like they took his quote from the story (below), said, "You know what, he's right. He's not a bad guy. Now lets convince America by taking this dramatic picture of him and stuffing it in the face of anyone who comes to ESPN.com."

http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0415/nfl_smh_character_412.jpg
"I'm trying to show the kind of person I am, you know, show the world that I'm not the person some people make me out to be," Vick said in his defense at the scouting combine in February. "[It's like I'm] some kind of bad guy, like the villain."

Not the person "some people" make him out to be!? Holy effen crap! I know athletes are protected, spoiled, insulated, and undereducated, but if this idiot doesn't get that he dug his own grave by now, he'll NEVER get it. Not the kind of fella you want running your team. Of course ESPN will make another dramatic misunderstood athlete as the victim story out of it to play up on draft day.

Tarlam!
04-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I would be livid, if my name were Micheal Vick and this poor excuse was espousing to higher things based on this share of the gene pool...

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 08:27 AM
This poor excuse is currently living in his mansion which is part of the reason why he'll never get it--and is that a VT uni they have him in? They might have forgotten this, but HE GOT KICKED OFF THAT TEAM FOR BAD CONDUCT!!! I guess they forgot.

ND72
04-18-2006, 10:01 AM
I thought from day 1 he was worthless. I love the athlete he is..but not the person. I never thought he was even a very good QB, even when ESPN was hyping him mid season, i saw a lot of flaws and holes in his game. I donno, maybe we'll all be wrong and he'll be something special, but i don't want him in green bay, that much i know.

Guiness
04-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Ya, he's got the whole 'I've been wronged' and 'the man is keeping me down' attitude. Which, as pointed out, is pretty funny for a guy living in a gated community! Sorry bud, but you're not a gansta anymore.

You know what'll be funny? When he does get picked (he will...) I bet he is insulted by the sub $100K signing bonus offered, and he holds out! And no amount of explaining how things are slotted will budge him.

I like the quote from Spielman

or if a guy got three tickets for fishing without a license.
Can you imagine that coming up in an interview?

SkinBasket
04-18-2006, 11:42 AM
zig,

Here's the clarification on what a banana hammock is:

http://www.nutimesnewroman.neu.edu/v3i4/assets/articles/sleaze.jpg

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Your description gave me plenty of info without the pic (eeewwww). Thanks for your help. It was useful.

SkinBasket
04-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks for your help. It was useful.

Anytime I can help someone discover the wonders of the banana hammock, it is time well spent.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 03:36 PM
You know I meant about the puter question! :oops:

No Mo Moss
04-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Skin I love your Katamari guy. Those games rock.