PDA

View Full Version : F@*K GAP

red
09-20-2006, 07:18 PM
while i'm posting thoughts i thought i would add this one

has anyone else seen that new gap commercial where they take on of the greatest hard rock songs of all time (back in black) and fem it up by adding that stupid looking dancing chick?

i was furious when i first saw it and still am

what a great way to ruin a great song

use some sissy ass song to peddle your pussy ass clothes GAP, don't take one of the best and hardest riffs of all time and piss on it

whats next? using highway to hell to sell diapers? or how bout iron man to sell maxi pads?

K-town
09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
This is part of a long and dishonorable tradition.
How about all those classic Who songs used on CSI: Topeka, CSI: Sturtevant, CSI: Winston-Salem, etc., as well as a number of crap-ass products.
A personal fave of mine, "Let it Rain" by Eric Clapton, was similarly butchered.
One good thing is, I still like the songs, but have forgotten what they were used to sell.
Take THAT, Madison Avenue!

CyclonePackFan
09-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Sadly, I saw this one coming. I knew that hard rock was no longer sacred the first time I heard that bastardized remix of Crazy Train/Let's Go.

As long as we're on pop clothing, f@*k American Eagle. At all our football/basketball games AE gives some stupid $50 gift card to a fan who shows how they 'live their life'. Two weeks ago was the "Cardinal Rules" game, where it was decreed that every student wear red (they were even GIVING AWAY red shirts to all season ticket holders). Who did AE give the card to? The ONE preppy little jackoff wearing GREEN in the entirely RED student section. I'm just sad my "PO-SER! PO-SER!" chant didn't get picked up. At least a lot of people booed with me.

Zool
09-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I think thats from Breakfast at Tiffany's...a classic movie. It reminded me of an iPod commercial. This is far less tragic than when Puffy took the Zeppelin song(Trampled Under Foot?) and went "uh...yeah...uh yeah" over the top. Then Jimmy Paige was in the video. Bonham turned over in his grave that day.

red
09-20-2006, 08:59 PM
I think thats from Breakfast at Tiffany's...a classic movie. It reminded me of an iPod commercial. This is far less tragic than when Puffy took the Zeppelin song(Trampled Under Foot?) and went "uh...yeah...uh yeah" over the top. Then Jimmy Paige was in the video. Bonham turned over in his grave that day.

kashmir zool

and yes, that was another sad moment

Badgepack
09-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I heard "Iron Man" in a truck commercial just the other night.

Could not believe it,

BallHawk
09-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Amen, Cyclone. All the preppy companies really need to get some sense.

P.S. As I type, I'm wearing an American Eagle Polo. Oh, the irony.

pacfan
09-20-2006, 09:45 PM

P.S. As I type, I'm wearing an American Eagle Polo. I'm a hypocrite, sue me.

We can't you're a minor

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Stop whining you babies. Didn't hear any of you when they put the greatest music ever created: Beethoven, Bach, Gershwin, etc. into commercials.

Those guys didn't have a choice. Sabbath, AC/DC, etc. SOLD their songs. Put the blame where it rightly belongs, on the artist.

I could care less. The artist deserves to make money off their work, and I guarantee they make more off the commercials/ringtones/etc. than they do from the record companies.

BallHawk
09-20-2006, 09:56 PM

P.S. As I type, I'm wearing an American Eagle Polo. I'm a hypocrite, sue me.

We can't you're a minor

That's a good thing right?

Oh well, I changed it.

Noodle
09-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Stop whining you babies. Didn't hear any of you when they put the greatest music ever created: Beethoven, Bach, Gershwin, etc. into commercials.

This is exactly right. Friggin United Airlines -- how can you take one of the greatest pieces of American classical music from the 20th century and make it your "theme"? When I hear Rhapsody in Blue, I want to think of New York circa 1930, not some prick walking down the street to a job interview with a black and a brown shoe.

Same with the friggin American Beef Council or whoever they are, ripping off Copland. It's enough to make you sick.

Though of all these, I was probably the saddest when Nike used "Revolution" in an add. That's just not right.

Scott Campbell
09-22-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm horrified by what they did to this classic:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6734358949460905291&q=cow+commercial&hl=en

GrnBay007
09-22-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm horrified by what they did to this classic:

Me too!!! :shock:

Noodle
09-23-2006, 12:04 PM
I bet they didn't even give the cow an appearance fee.

Tarlam!
09-23-2006, 01:48 PM
back in black was the song ACDC used to lanch the post- Bon Scott era.

Nothing beyond the Bon Scott era is a classic, where ACDC is concerned. ACDC stopped existing when Bon died. The rest is Shadow.

Scott Campbell
09-23-2006, 02:06 PM

Nothing beyond the Bon Scott era is a classic, where ACDC is concerned. ACDC stopped existing when Bon died. The rest is Shadow.

Ever wonder if "Whole Lotta Rosie" was really about Rosey Grier?

http://www.nndb.com/people/635/000023566/greer-1-sized.jpg

BallHawk
09-23-2006, 02:44 PM
This is exactly right. Friggin United Airlines -- how can you take one of the greatest pieces of American classical music from the 20th century and make it your "theme"? When I hear Rhapsody in Blue, I want to think of New York circa 1930, not some prick walking down the street to a job interview with a black and a brown shoe.

That's A Grade stuff right there.

Badgepack
09-23-2006, 11:55 PM

Could not agree more, Tarlam

red
09-24-2006, 09:55 AM

Same with the friggin American Beef Council or whoever they are, ripping off Copland. It's enough to make you sick.

Though of all these, I was probably the saddest when Nike used "Revolution" in an add. That's just not right.

in all fairness, 98% of americans wouldn't have any clue that those songs existed, until those comercials came out

i gotta say i like post bon scott ac/dc better a little better. besides, to me ac/dc is all about the young brothers