PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson Comments

Zool
09-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Chad Johnson says the Cleveland Browns were out to get him from the very first snap.

The Pro Bowl receiver had his helmet knocked off by Brian Russell on the Cincinnati Bengals' last pass play during their 34-17 victory Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium. Johnson was groggy and needed about a half-dozen stitches to close a gash in his chin after the hit.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported there will be no fine stemming from Russell's hit on Johnson as it was determined that Russell did not lead with his helmet.

The chatty Johnson said Russell had warned him that the Browns were out to get him.

"He told me last year, and he told me before the game [Sunday] that him and Andra Davis, they had one job to do," Johnson said. "It wasn't about trying to stop me, but they had to hit me. At every TV timeout, I would be in their huddle talking trash: 'Nobody's hit me yet, what's going on?'

Brian Russell
Russell
Chad Johnson
Johnson

"Finally, I think, in the last three minutes he finally got that hit. He let me know ahead of time."

Johnson said he has no hard feelings over the hit, which he described as a clean shot.

"I mean, it's the first time I've been hit in six years of playing the game," Johnson said. "It's about time someone's gotten a lick."

Johnson has aggravated opponents over the years by guaranteeing wins, wearing a Terrible Towel as a bib, sending Pepto-Bismol to Browns defensive backs and denigrating cornerbacks with his who-covered-me list. He said he's not surprised someone went after him.

"I've always been a target because of what I'm doing right now, talking trash," he said. "The hard part is trying to hit the target. I've always been able to avoid everything coming my way. I left myself vulnerable by jumping in the air at that present time, which is the only reason he was able to get that clean shot."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I like how he didnt say anything bad about the Browns knowing that he has to play them again later in the year. Thats smart after the ass kicking he recieved on Sunday.

Rastak
09-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Not sure if you saw that hit but Russell damn near killed him.

What a hit.

MadtownPacker
09-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Big mouth seems to have forgotten the wood Collins layed on him last season.

Funny how his "DBs that couldnt stop #85" list disappeared after that game.

mission
09-21-2006, 11:07 AM

What a hit.

yes. it was awesome :evil:

Fosco33
09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Big mouth seems to have forgotten the wood Collins layed on him last season.

Funny how his "DBs that couldnt stop #85" list disappeared after that game.

:lol:

Harris was one of the only people to effectively shut him down last year. Johnson is a good player w/ a crazy personality - whatever. He makes the game a little more fun to watch sometimes.... kinda like Dennis Rodman in a way.

oregonpackfan
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
When he played college ball at Oregon State, the only thing faster than Johnson's legs was his mouth! He was one of the Beavers who helped drub Notre Dame in the huge Fiesta Bowl win of 2001.

Despite his many catches, quite a number of Beavers' fans were glad to see him leave the team for the pro level.

OPF

MadtownPacker
09-21-2006, 12:47 PM
I like C Johnson for the most part but lil snitch remarks about how the Browns where out to get him are weak. He is a WR, they are DBs, of course they are out to get him.

ahaha
09-21-2006, 03:04 PM

What a hit.

That was, without a doubt, the best hit of the season so far. For some reason, ESPN's "Monday Night Countdown" didn't have it on their list for "JACKED UP!" How was that not #1? Chad Johnson got seriously JACKED UP!

MJZiggy
09-21-2006, 04:07 PM
I missed it. Is there video of it anywhere?

packrulz
09-21-2006, 04:15 PM
"I mean, it's the first time I've been hit in six years of playing the game," Johnson said. "It's about time someone's gotten a lick."

Ya gotta admit, he's a funny guy. Fun to watch.

Scott Campbell
09-21-2006, 04:23 PM
If you were an opposing DB, wouldn't it be fun to see if you could one-up Brian Russell? Look at all the great publicity it would generate.

esoxx
09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Hopefully he gets hit twice as hard this week.

Rastak
09-21-2006, 06:03 PM

What a hit.

That was, without a doubt, the best hit of the season so far. For some reason, ESPN's "Monday Night Countdown" didn't have it on their list for "JACKED UP!" How was that not #1? Chad Johnson got seriously JACKED UP!

That was the best hit I've seen in recent years.....how couldn't it be #1 on jacked up?

Rastak
09-21-2006, 06:13 PM
I missed it. Is there video of it anywhere?

Here she be Ziggy.....

http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/09/20/chad-johnson-seems-a-little-bit-loopy-after-getting-hugh/

Partial
09-21-2006, 06:40 PM
When he played college ball at Oregon State, the only thing faster than Johnson's legs was his mouth! He was one of the Beavers who helped drub Notre Dame in the huge Fiesta Bowl win of 2001.

Despite his many catches, quite a number of Beavers' fans were glad to see him leave the team for the pro level.

OPF

Didn't he get in some serious trouble with the coaches while there? I remember watching the draft and all the analysts on ESPN agreed he was the most talented receiver in the draft and he was a late second round pick 'cause of some baggage.

hurleyfan
09-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Anyone see "The Longest Yard" where the Chris Rock character tells the player on the ground... You'd better go tell your friend "you just got blown the fuck up!"

That's what crossed my mine when I saw the hit...

Helmut flying...

Neck snapping back...

Tears in assholes' eyes!