PDA

View Full Version : Lost - Season 3 Discussion

Partial
09-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Here is a trailer that aired last night on ABC for season 3. It looks amazing!

Lost Promo 7 Season 3 (http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2006/09/promo-7-now-online.html)

I am so excited its not even funny. Last year we were left off with one heck of a cliffhanger, and I am dying to see what is going to happen now. Any one have any thoughts to offer on whats going to happen in the premiere?

HarveyWallbangers
09-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I just watched Season 2 on DVD. The first two seasons were great and I love the series, but am I the only one who didn't really like the finale in season 2? Kind of a strange plot twist.

Fosco33
09-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Here is a trailer that aired last night on ABC for season 3. It looks amazing!

Lost Promo 7 Season 3 (http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2006/09/promo-7-now-online.html)

I am so excited its not even funny. Last year we were left off with one heck of a cliffhanger, and I am dying to see what is going to happen now. Any one have any thoughts to offer on whats going to happen in the premiere?

Thanks, that was cool.

I can't wait for the new season to start. So many questions to answer.

MadtownPacker
09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I have to agree with Trailer Rat. The end of season 2 left me feeling, well lost. They better comeout running full speed for season 3.

Partial
09-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I just watched Season 2 on DVD. The first two seasons were great and I love the series, but am I the only one who didn't really like the finale in season 2? Kind of a strange plot twist.

The show is full of 'em. From the looks of the teaser I posted, it appears as though the three losties taken as hostages are all seperated. It also appears as though Kate and Sawyer escaped together, while Jack was left behind. I think he is in another hatch, this one being underwater.

oregonpackfan
09-22-2006, 12:49 AM
What do you think will become of Walt and his Dad who murdered two survivors to get his son back?

OPF

Pack0514
09-22-2006, 08:21 AM
I am jacked about Season 3. Ive watched Lost since the begining and I am addicted. This is going to be some good shit.

Partial
09-22-2006, 10:11 AM
What do you think will become of Walt and his Dad who murdered two survivors to get his son back?

OPF

I predict they find rescue.

MadtownPacker
09-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Rescue? No way, the show is going to run about 5 seasons so I doubt it.

Partial
09-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Rescue? No way, the show is going to run about 5 seasons so I doubt it.

It will be five seasons. Michael and Walt will find Rescue as said by the others in the finale of season 2.

Brando19
09-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Up until the middle of the second season...I thought they were all dead and they were all "haunting" this island because they all had something in their past. But now, I believe it's a science experiment of some sort...maybe to get them all to be better people or to realize they've messed up in the past. That's just my take on it. OR...maybe one of them is dreaming and none of this is real?

Partial
09-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Less than two weeks away... I can't wait!

Brando19
09-24-2006, 07:33 PM
From what I've heard...ABC is going to show three episodes of lost in three weeks...and then take 3 MONTHS OFF to air other programs..and then proceed w/the rest of the season....that sucks.

Partial
09-24-2006, 07:34 PM
From what I've heard...ABC is going to show three episodes of lost in three weeks...and then take 3 MONTHS OFF to air other programs..and then proceed w/the rest of the season....that sucks.

I've heard the same except they would do 6 episodes, than do the remaining 18 in a row. I actually like that idea better than doing a rerun in between each new episode midseason.

Partial
09-24-2006, 07:36 PM
ABC really has to be dominating the ratings. They has Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Lost, three of the most popular shows on TV!! I like them all, but in my opinion Lost is by far the best show on TV.

With more teasers coming out, it is clear that Jack is being held hostage in an underwater base. This is interesting, because in the season premiere of season 2, the shark that was attacking the blown up raft had a Dharma logo on it.

Brando19
09-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Man I can't wait! There's so many guesses we could have. Maybe they're trapped in something like the Bermuda triangle...like a snowglobe...maybe they'll never get out. Even Michael and Walt may steer right back to the island. I heard they had to get Walt off the show b/c he hit puberty and that it wouldn't be believable that a boy could change so much in a couple months.

Partial
09-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Man I can't wait! There's so many guesses we could have. Maybe they're trapped in something like the Bermuda triangle...like a snowglobe...maybe they'll never get out. Even Michael and Walt may steer right back to the island. I heard they had to get Walt off the show b/c he hit puberty and that it wouldn't be believable that a boy could change so much in a couple months.

I read that as well. That's why I think they will "find rescue". I have a hunch you'll only be able to leave at a very specific point. They gave Michael exact Coordinates to "find rescue", so maybe that is the secret.

I have a hunch this season is going to be Sawyer and Kate escaping together and becoming a couple, and Jack staying with the others being tortued in that under water base. That is certainly how the trailer made it appear, anyway.

Brando19
09-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah you may be onto something. I've heard the writers for the show don't even know exactly how it's going to end. Maybe we could pitch some ideas to them?

Brando19
09-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Evangeline Lilly from Lost will be on Jay Leno this Wednesday.

Partial
10-02-2006, 10:01 PM
OOOOoooo I read the transcript of Wendesday's show since I have to work and it sounds amazing!!

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM
OOOOoooo I read the transcript of Wendesday's show since I have to work and it sounds amazing!!

Where can you find this transcript?

Partial
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM
lets discuss lost people!

the_idle_threat
10-02-2006, 11:18 PM
meh.

Partial
10-02-2006, 11:20 PM

Where can you find this transcript?

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

If you're going to watch the show, don't read it. It is down a little bit, it isn't so much a transcript as a rundown.

Pack0514
10-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Approx 9 hours til LOST. I have almost the same amount of anticipation about the show tonight as I get about a Packer game. I think its going to be good.

oregonpackfan
10-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I thing the Lost Survivors should capture Henry Gale and send him back to Minnesota. I understand they have an opening for Cruise Ship Director...

OPF

Partial
10-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Approx 9 hours til LOST. I have almost the same amount of anticipation about the show tonight as I get about a Packer game. I think its going to be good.

Same here! I am hoping a .torrent file will be up or ABC will have it viewable on their site by the time I return home from work at 9:30ish central. I NEED my LOST fix!! If something is publically broadcast it is legal to tape on a VCR or DVR correct?

Brando19
10-04-2006, 07:51 PM
8 minutes til lost!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Partial
10-04-2006, 10:30 PM
No Spoilers, I didn't see it yet!!

oregonpackfan
10-05-2006, 01:27 AM
It was a weird season premiere. It focused primarily around 3 of the main characters--Jack, Sawyer, and "Freckles."

OPF

Partial
10-05-2006, 02:38 AM
torrents are going slow and I don't start class until 11 tomorrow so I made an executive decision to stay up until ABC recognizes it as Thursday. Now that they have officially done that, I will begin watching lost once they update that portion of their webpage. Speaking of updating webpage, the lost page just got a major facelift while I was refreshing earlier in the night. It looks cool!

Partial
10-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Alrighty, well, a few things I feel should be noted:

The Dharma symbol is different where Jack and Sawyer are. I did some google searching and found out that it is in fact an ancient greek image of a weird looking water creature. That to me means they are at the same location, and not as far apart as the initial images would lead you believe. Another rational for this is Sawyer ran into Juliette while escaping. I have a hunch the Jack is in fact underwater like they said. It is a research station to examine the studies they did on Dolphins and Sharks (shark had Drama logo on it in season 2 premiere).

That was really weird with the little town in there. Clearly they weren't being scientists then, it apears they were just living a normal life at citizens of the island then. Plus, when asked what they were doing, Juliette said they were doing research " a long time ago ".

I also think there are two groups of "others" on the island, because quite frankly the producers said their were in their first season three podcast. I must say something is very weird with the island, because they showed how HUGE is was when they panned out and showed where the planes crashes, and I have no idea how they could possibly get to those bases in an hour to blend in. That just didn't seem reasonable to me.

Also, they must not know of Desmond existance on the island, because in the teaser for next week they had no idea a sailboat was on the island, and Ben said he needs to get that boat.

I have a hunch by blowing the fail safe they reversed the polarity of the magnets. I bet it reverses it healing power and as the year moves on, Rose gets sicker and Locke becomes paralyzed again. Thoughts?

oregonpackfan
10-05-2006, 06:07 PM
With all the twists and turns and surprises of this show, any of your speculations could be right, Partial!

Brando19
10-05-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't have time right now to type alot, but I will say this. Did anyone see in the beginning when the plane crashed...the one woman ran out with a Stephen King book and Ben said, "I guess I'm not in the book club, huh?" What was the name of that book? Maybe there's clues in it?

Partial
10-05-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't have time right now to type alot, but I will say this. Did anyone see in the beginning when the plane crashed...the one woman ran out with a Stephen King book and Ben said, "I guess I'm not in the book club, huh?" What was the name of that book? Maybe there's clues in it?

Internet speculation leads people to believe its Carrie.

Fosco33
10-06-2006, 03:08 PM

The Dharma symbol is different where Jack and Sawyer are. I did some google searching and found out that it is in fact an ancient greek image of a weird looking water creature. That to me means they are at the same location, and not as far apart as the initial images would lead you believe. Another rational for this is Sawyer ran into Juliette while escaping. I have a hunch the Jack is in fact underwater like they said. It is a research station to examine the studies they did on Dolphins and Sharks (shark had Drama logo on it in season 2 premiere).

That was really weird with the little town in there. Clearly they weren't being scientists then, it apears they were just living a normal life at citizens of the island then. Plus, when asked what they were doing, Juliette said they were doing research " a long time ago ".

I also think there are two groups of "others" on the island, because quite frankly the producers said their were in their first season three podcast. I must say something is very weird with the island, because they showed how HUGE is was when they panned out and showed where the planes crashes, and I have no idea how they could possibly get to those bases in an hour to blend in. That just didn't seem reasonable to me.

Also, they must not know of Desmond existance on the island, because in the teaser for next week they had no idea a sailboat was on the island, and Ben said he needs to get that boat.

I have a hunch by blowing the fail safe they reversed the polarity of the magnets. I bet it reverses it healing power and as the year moves on, Rose gets sicker and Locke becomes paralyzed again. Thoughts?

Interesting. I watched this episode twice - once w/o stopping and just absorbing it all - and a second time more closely w/ TiVO.

I agree that all three are in/near the same spot (research camp). It is near the scientist town; near the beach way north of the two crash sites (determined by looking at the panned out image of the whole island and the sun's direction - plus the map released last year (from the blastdoor that Kalvin painted).) The 'others' are all close enough to be at the bear cages within minutes of 'Carls' breakout attempt. I think that was part of Sawyer's experiment rather than another prisoner (or maybe someone from the town - like a jail).

Each are being put under distress (tests, intimidation, humiliation, etc) in a similar way to how they treated Henry Gale (he stated two weeks - right). Eye for an eye kinda thing.

I also feel that the group wants to involve the three in some of their secrets. In order to coexist, the scientists had to be sure it wasn't anything but fate driving them together (w/o malicious intent).

It's clear that Gale is the leader and calls all shots - almost killing one of his coworkers as Jack opened the underwater door - without a thought.

The show has many more secrets and storylines to close or come together. Each character gets like 2 backstories a year and a few episodes that feature their storyline. It's why LOST is good - sometimes great and always interesting enough to want to watch another hour.

oregonpackfan
10-06-2006, 06:29 PM

My reaction to that is that Ben and the woman must have had an intimate relationship in the past that no longer exists in the present.

OPF

Partial
10-10-2006, 07:34 PM

Interesting. I watched this episode twice - once w/o stopping and just absorbing it all - and a second time more closely w/ TiVO.

I agree that all three are in/near the same spot (research camp). It is near the scientist town; near the beach way north of the two crash sites (determined by looking at the panned out image of the whole island and the sun's direction - plus the map released last year (from the blastdoor that Kalvin painted).) The 'others' are all close enough to be at the bear cages within minutes of 'Carls' breakout attempt. I think that was part of Sawyer's experiment rather than another prisoner (or maybe someone from the town - like a jail).

Each are being put under distress (tests, intimidation, humiliation, etc) in a similar way to how they treated Henry Gale (he stated two weeks - right). Eye for an eye kinda thing.

I also feel that the group wants to involve the three in some of their secrets. In order to coexist, the scientists had to be sure it wasn't anything but fate driving them together (w/o malicious intent).

It's clear that Gale is the leader and calls all shots - almost killing one of his coworkers as Jack opened the underwater door - without a thought.

The show has many more secrets and storylines to close or come together. Each character gets like 2 backstories a year and a few episodes that feature their storyline. It's why LOST is good - sometimes great and always interesting enough to want to watch another hour.

I think the three losties in containment are all relatively close to one another, but I don't think they're anywhere near their village. Something is fishy about that, because you'd think after all the time exploring they'd have an idea how big the island is, and clearly they haven't gone anywhere near the village. It looks FRICKING huge, at least that is what they are implying by panning out and showing the plane explosions very, very far away. Something is definitely up with that.

As for my theory on the zoo they all seem to be in, It certainly makes a little more sense that their are polar bears and sharks with dharma tags on them now.

Tomorrow picks up where we left off with Sayid lighting the black fire on the beach right after he inspected the others "base". It should be interesting to see what happens.

I have heard a rumor Jack stays with the others all season. Anyone else hear this? I have also heard a castaway is going to die before the six-week run is over. It obviously won't be one of the big characters (kate, sawyer, jack, locke, desmond, eko) so I am not sure what to think.

Partial
10-10-2006, 07:36 PM

I think the three losties in containment are all relatively close to one another, but I don't think they're anywhere near their village. Something is fishy about that, because you'd think after all the time exploring they'd have an idea how big the island is, and clearly they haven't gone anywhere near the village. It looks FRICKING huge, at least that is what they are implying by panning out and showing the plane explosions very, very far away. Something is definitely up with that.

As for my theory on the zoo they all seem to be in, It certainly makes a little more sense that their are polar bears and sharks with dharma tags on them now.

Tomorrow picks up where we left off with Sayid lighting the black fire on the beach right after he inspected the others "base". It should be interesting to see what happens.

I have heard a rumor Jack stays with the others all season. Anyone else hear this? I have also heard a castaway is going to die before the six-week run is over. It obviously won't be one of the big characters (kate, sawyer, jack, locke, desmond, eko) so I am not sure what to think.