PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hughes Vs BJ Penn

Deputy Nutz
09-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Just throwing this out here, but this could be the fight of the year in the UFC! These two Welterweights have battled before with BJ Penn upsetting the pound for pound strongest fighter in the UFC 3 years ago. Penn won the WW title and then walked away from the UFC in a foolish move so he could fight for a small organization out of his home state of Hawaii. Penn known as the Prodigy for his unbelievable atheticsm in the sport of MMA, has been in and out of focus for the better part of three years. His concentration is his down fall, but you still can't discredit his ability inside the octagon. His stand up skills are without question superior to Matt Hughes' ability while one their feet, and Penn won the World Submission Wrestling championships after only three years of practicing Brazilian JuJitsu. Without question Penn has the ability to defeat Hughes for the second time, but if Penn decides to take this opportunity lightly, and believe his own words that he has Matt Hughes' number than it will be a long night for this former champion.

In the other corner, Matt Hughes is a pit bull. He is one of the most dedicated fighters in the sport and his training, and camp have no equals in the sport of MMA. Hughes has the superior take down skills to Penn, and if Hughes manages to get on top of Penn, Penn will have very little chance of submitting the Welterweight Champion. Hughes is simply to strong and skilled in Ground and Pound and his submission skills have climbed to elite status in the UFC. As mentioned above, Penn has the superior stand up game to Hughes, although Hughes has never knocked anyone out in his career in MMA, his stand up is still improving to the point where other fighters now have to respect his ability to bang on his feet. Still Hughes prefers to rely on his elite wrestling skills and take the fight to the ground where he has flat out dominated every opponent through out his career. Hughes has the attitude where he takes one fight at a time, and every fight is a new beginning for the champion. Each time he goes into the octagon he feels it is another chance to win the belt, not defend it. Hughes is one of the most aggressive fighters in the UFC, and while that is usually a positive trait in a fight, if Hughes gets to caught up in revenge over his loss three years ago to Penn he might get caught by the Prodigy and once again turn the belt over to BJ Penn.

The bottom line is that Matt Hughes is on a roll where he has demolished everyone he has faced since losing to Penn, In fact no one has even gotten out of the first round Hughes in five straight fights. BJ Penn is going to have to prepare for a war if plans of stripping Hughes of his title, in fact it would be easier to try and take a piece of Prime American Kobe Beef out of the mouth of a hungry lion.

Final prediction, Hughes by a decision after the fifth and final round.

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2006, 03:23 PM
http://www.thiswillshockyou.com/chickfights.htm

BallHawk
09-22-2006, 05:37 PM
http://www.thiswillshockyou.com/chickfights.htm

I prefer Mud-Wrestling. :wink:

Mazzin
09-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I really want to see Matt Hughes win this one, I for one will be watching!

SkinBasket
09-22-2006, 09:02 PM
The last 2 PPvs have been disappointments. I'm passing. They need to put togther better undercards for these things. Especially when the main events are so short.

Deputy Nutz
09-24-2006, 10:18 PM
The last 2 PPvs have been disappointments. I'm passing. They need to put togther better undercards for these things. Especially when the main events are so short.

I was out of town so I didn't get the fight. Anyways, this undercard was pretty decent, probably the best lineup of fighters in two years.

Hughes beat Penn in round three.