PDA

View Full Version : Green added to injury report

AtlPackFan
09-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Anyone else see this???

FRIDAY, Sept. 22, 2006, 3:19 p.m.

Green added to Packers' injury report
The Green Bay Packers today added running back Ahman Green to their injury report. Green missed practice with a hamstring problem and was listed as questionable (50-50 chance of playing) for the game Sunday at Detroit.

Full injury report

Fosco33
09-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Anyone else see this???

FRIDAY, Sept. 22, 2006, 3:19 p.m.

Green added to Packers' injury report
The Green Bay Packers today added running back Ahman Green to their injury report. Green missed practice with a hamstring problem and was listed as questionable (50-50 chance of playing) for the game Sunday at Detroit.

Full injury report

Now I have...

I'm not surprised but still disappointed. I hope he recovers and has a good season - I've said for awhile that I thought he was over the hill for an NFL starter due to the lack of durability. Let's hope Morency and Herron can step in... or is it time to shop for another back before the deadline?

bbbffl66
09-22-2006, 03:59 PM
It's no big deal. We still have 2 quality backups in Davenport and Gado. What? Oh-oh!!

gbpackfan
09-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Davenport did some nice things. But I wouldnt classify him as a QUALITY back up. Way too injury prone.

Gado, he is such a mystery. He has a lot to prove still if he doesnt want to be known as a one year wonder. FYI - He is still the #3 back in Houston and has failed to beat out Ron Dayne and a rookie.

mraynrand
09-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Great. If Green is out, you may as well list "Pile of Shit" as your starting running back. Man, did this 'position of strength' from just two years ago go to hell in short order, just like the O-line.

esoxx
09-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Pack is in deep trouble if Ahman can't go. DEEP trouble. Even if he's limited and can only play half his normal snaps that is just one more snap that POS gets to take. Nice plan at RB TT.

vince
09-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Pack is in deep trouble if Ahman can't go. DEEP trouble. Even if he's limited and can only play half his normal snaps that is just one more snap that POS gets to take. Nice plan at RB TT.
Many people in Houston thought the Morency should have been there starter. He's got a pretty good burst. Don't shit on him before you even see him.

I've seen Gado, and he's not doens't have the quick burst that Morency has.

esoxx
09-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Has nothing to do with Morency's talent, or lack thereof. It's that he's new and has no grasp on the plays, feel of running behind this line, etc.. TT should have moved Gado in the offseason and had a better overall plan.

So if Green can't go we're stuck with Herron and a green as grass player learning on the fly in the 3rd regular season game on the road against a division rival. Some plan.

MJZiggy
09-22-2006, 05:15 PM
If the green-as-grass player has learned anything at all in the last couple weeks, he should have at least one or two plays down that he can be used on, yes? Then you let Henderson run it a few times, Herron a few times after the defense gets tired and Green if he's good to go for a few snaps. All is not lost yet. We also have a 50/50 shot that Ahman will be fine for the game.

Noodle
09-22-2006, 06:22 PM
He'll play. You can book it.

Joemailman
09-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Actually, the offense that Morency was in at Houston shouldn't be all that different from what the Packers are running. It's a version of the WCO and uses zone blocking. If Morency is a quick study at all, he should be able to pick things up fairly quickly.

vince
09-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Has nothing to do with Morency's talent, or lack thereof. It's that he's new and has no grasp on the plays, feel of running behind this line, etc.. TT should have moved Gado in the offseason and had a better overall plan.

So if Green can't go we're stuck with Herron and a green as grass player learning on the fly in the 3rd regular season game on the road against a division rival. Some plan.
esoxx, you think that Gado didn't deserve a chance to prove himself capable in the new scheme? You think that Houston didn't want to give their guy at the time a chance with them?

You think that, since the season has already begun, TT shouldn't take steps to improve this team for the longer term?

TT proactively sought an opportunity to make the team better. He took it. He also gave Gado an opportunity to contribute with a different team. I applaud that action.

mission
09-22-2006, 07:13 PM
He'll play. You can book it.

100%.

Guiness
09-22-2006, 07:18 PM
So...torn. Have Morency in my Packer Rat fantasy team, but DON'T want him to start!!!

RashanGary
09-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Good. We'll get to see what Morency brings. I hope Green is out just so we can see what the new guy's got.

MJZiggy
09-22-2006, 07:27 PM
That's it!! You've lost your FREAKIN' MIND!!!

Kiwon
09-22-2006, 07:55 PM
It's no big deal. We still have 2 quality backups in Davenport and Gado. What? Oh-oh!!

That's too funny!

GBRulz
09-22-2006, 11:06 PM
So...torn. Have Morency in my Packer Rat fantasy team, but DON'T want him to start!!!

Yeah well, Green is my starting back. My other is Larry Johnson who has a bye this week. In his place I have some dude named betts from Washington. Yeah, i'm thin at RB's you can say.

and GJ - sorry, but I agree with Zig....you have lost your freakin mind about not wanting Green to start this week. gosh I know we're 0-2, but we still have alot of football ahead of us yet...let's stop with the "let's see what our bench warmers can do" attitude!! :crazy: