PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers versus the Detroit Lions

KYPack
09-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Disclaimer
This aint the game thread, I'll leave that to steadier hands.

All week I've peeked in here to get a sense of how my fellow Rat people feel about the game. So how about it, can we beat their asses this week er what?

I've always got misgivings about these inter division games in those freakin' domes. This game comes at a bad time. Many of the loose ends are starting to come together for the Green and Gold:

- Brett is developing rapport with Jennings. That quick up he ran in the NO game was an old Antonio Freeman route. He keeps growing with the Gunslinger we will develop a big time passing attack.

- Green showed me flashes from days of olde. He is such a great back, he can really set our offense up and make us competitive.

- The line. Can't bullshit here, they've got a LONG way to go, but there are many more positives going on. If these kids can come together we can roll over people.

- I love our D-Line. it's effective except for KGB. The other guys are making plays with Kampman a superstar in the wings.

- Hawk grows by leaps and bounds. Barnette is solid at the Mike. The other spot? that's still in process.

- The secondary will come together. Manuel has had a horrific start, but he can play. All the other guys are great athletes. Woodson has got the rust off his body and will lead the other guys.

I think we can win a close one.

What do you cats & kittens think?

Packnut
09-22-2006, 05:25 PM
The Lions front four will dominate just as the Bears did. With Green not 100%, we will have no run game again and Brett will throw 30+ times. However, our D should shut down the Lion's pathetic offense. I'm guessing we lose a close one. Road games effect young teams most of all.

gbpackfan
09-22-2006, 05:42 PM
The Lions front 4 can not be compared to the Bears. The Packers need to double team Rodgers like the Bears did and they will be OK. Im not saying they are not going to be for a fight, but the Lions front 4 (as a group) are not in the same league as the Bears.

MJZiggy
09-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Why will the Lion front 4 dominate?

gbpackfan
09-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I know, I don't get all the hype. Shaun Rodgers is a good player but I don't see much else along that line. In fact, I believe the Packers have a better D-Line then the Lions.

Rastak
09-22-2006, 06:12 PM
I like the Lions becasue they are at home and are coming off an embarrasing pounding on the road. It wouldn't at all shock me if GB won though, man Driver looked good last week and Favre wasn't too bad.

Lions 21 Packers 17

MJZiggy
09-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Actually, I was really asking. I haven't seen the Lions all season. :oops:

BooHoo
09-22-2006, 08:44 PM
The Lions offense has been non-existent for both games. They will have to get their act together real soon or it will be a long season for them.

The Lions usually play tough against the pack. The game will be decided by turnovers and special teams. If the Lions get hot early expect the close game.

It will be bad if we get blown out by the Lions. Then we will truly know we stink this year.

gbpackfan
09-22-2006, 10:22 PM
This is a scenario we have seen all too often the last year and half as Packer fans. Opposing teams offense is in a funk but some how manage to look like world beaters against the Pack. My heart is telling me the Packers will win but my head it saying we are in for another heart breaking loss.

Lions 27
Packers 13

Pack0514
09-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Packers 20
Lions 17

Low scoring.... Bet the under. (I think it is at 39 right now)

GBRulz
09-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Since my week 1 and 2 predictions both called for packer victories, I am now going to predict a Lions win.....

Lions 27
Packers 24

Pack0514
09-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Since my week 1 and 2 predictions both called for packer victories, I am now going to predict a Lions win.....

Lions 27
Packers 24

Lets hope you keep you percentage at 100%

GBRulz
09-22-2006, 11:07 PM
that would be an easy solution for us to start winning games, right? :wink:

Badgepack
09-22-2006, 11:26 PM
One of these gosh darn games we have to catch a few breaks, or someone needs to step up big. The Packers are overdue for a lucky bounce, a tipped ball int., a fumbled punt return, or just gel as a team for a whole game.

Something/Anything? (great album by Todd Rundgren BTW)

Probably not this week in Detroit though :sad:

Detroit - 27
Packers - 21

Rastak
09-22-2006, 11:35 PM
One of these gosh darn games we have to catch a few breaks, or someone needs to step up big. The Packers are overdue for a lucky bounce, a tipped ball int., a fumbled punt return, or just gel as a team for a whole game.

Something/Anything? (great album by Todd Rundgren BTW)

Probably not this week in Detroit though :sad:

Detroit - 27
Packers - 21

I always liked RA by Todd by the way.....

falco
09-22-2006, 11:37 PM

Wasn't 3 turnovers in the first quarter last week enough of a break?

Badgepack
09-22-2006, 11:42 PM
One would think, but we needed another one in the 2nd half.

I see your point though, we need to also take advantage when we get them.

Fritz
09-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Umm, the Lions' front four really is good. Not just Rogers, either. James Hall is one of those high-energy guys that will get to the QB and still can stop the run. They have six guys that really can play, and I'd rather have their defensive line than the Packers' d-line.

Let's hope that o-line gets better every week. Got to run the ball, keep the heat off Favre so when he does throw he's got time.

BobDobbs
09-23-2006, 10:23 AM
The reports coming out that Ahman has an injured hamstring are very worrisome. If he's not playing I don't know how we have a run game. But, we'll be able to pass unless the Oline has a total meltdown.

I'm really interested to see how Hawk responds to playing in a game with that LB Sims on the Lions. Those guys all pay attention to where they were drafted and especially position so both line backers will have a little extra to prove.

Two teams desperate for a win who are 0-2 for good reason. There should be a lot of intensity on the field. I think if we score 20 points (maybe 17) we can win this game.

KYPack
09-23-2006, 02:09 PM
The reports coming out that Ahman has an injured hamstring are very worrisome. If he's not playing I don't know how we have a run game. But, we'll be able to pass unless the Oline has a total meltdown.

I'm really interested to see how Hawk responds to playing in a game with that LB Sims on the Lions. Those guys all pay attention to where they were drafted and especially position so both line backers will have a little extra to prove.

Two teams desperate for a win who are 0-2 for good reason. There should be a lot of intensity on the field. I think if we score 20 points (maybe 17) we can win this game.

Are you a Doktor, Bob?

BobDobbs
09-23-2006, 02:57 PM
No Ky I am not a Doktor just a humble Rev. whimsically wandering the world, weary, but unbowed. I've always preferred my Doctrine doused with Heresy, so I reserve the right to proclaim myself a Doktor if need be. :D

GrnBay007
09-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Packers 17

Lions 10

MJZiggy
09-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh. Right. I gotta do my pick 'em.

Packnut
09-23-2006, 06:58 PM
The Lions front 4 can not be compared to the Bears. The Packers need to double team Rodgers like the Bears did and they will be OK. Im not saying they are not going to be for a fight, but the Lions front 4 (as a group) are not in the same league as the Bears.

Have you actually seen our O line play? Obviously any good front four will dominate our line. Ask The Seahawks how well the Lion's front four played in Detroit.

Packnut
09-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Why will the Lion front 4 dominate?

Well, gee let's analyze it. The Lion's shut down Alexander and Seattle. The Saints front four dominated us. We had NO run game and Favre was running for his life all game long. I think it's pretty self explanatory why the Lion's line will dominate our porous O line.

ahaha
09-23-2006, 07:08 PM
The Lions should help us out a lot with penalties. The Packer offense has had its problems, but at least they haven't had a lot of penalties to make matters worse. Detroit had 7 in week one and 14 in week two, mostly on offense. Sweet.

ahaha
09-23-2006, 07:08 PM
The Lions should help us out a lot with penalties. The Packer offense has had its problems, but at least they haven't had a lot of penalties to make matters worse. Detroit had 7 in week one and 14 in week two, mostly on offense. Sweet.

Joemailman
09-23-2006, 07:20 PM
If the defense can avoid giving up the big pass plays that have plagued them so far, the Packers should have an excellent chance of winning this game. Kitna has had decent stats so far, but no TD passes. The Lions have not had much of a running game either in the pre-season, or so far in the regular season. The Packer defense should be able to force Kitna into plenty of must-pass situations. The Packers secondary has to make the plays when this happens.

mngolf19
09-23-2006, 07:46 PM
If it is high scoring, I see the Pack winning. But I doubt it will be high scoring. My guess is an ugly 13-10 Lion win.

KYPack
09-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Oh. Right. I gotta do my pick 'em.

Bring it on, Zig.

GBRulz
09-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Is there any updated news on A. Green starting? last I heard, he was questionable and didn't practice on Friday

Bretsky
09-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Is there any updated news on A. Green starting? last I heard, he was questionable and didn't practice on Friday

TRYING TO GET SAME THING; IN NY LEAGUE I HAVE AHMAN AND MORENCY.

GBRulz
09-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I have Ahman, too. Out of desparation I picked up Herron just incase he doesn't start.

I have a feeling that Ahman will start, but the two backs will also get more carries than usual.

Gosh, what a crap week to have L Johnson with a bye in FF :cry: