PDA

View Full Version : Help finding Packer Bar in West Suburbs of Illinois -?

clive
09-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Help, I'm stuck in Bearland (suburbs in Naperville area) and am looking for some compadres to share the game this weekend. I can't stomach listening to another Bear game while watching the pack.

Any ideas? The place I have previously frequented is no longer giving the Packers game sound (used to have dedicated screen w/sound, but Bears fans complained and got it converted to Bears).

Thanks in advance!!!

J-

red
09-23-2006, 09:47 AM
what the hell, we get one of these questions a week now

there use to be a place on the west side of the fox river in st. charles on the south side of the main street there that use to have a back room devoted to the packers and showed the games every week. nothing but packer fans in the room.

i can't remember the name, but it might have been a womens name, and it was a little bar or cafe

maybe called flo's?

green_bowl_packer
09-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Have a look here. I believe there was a Packer bar in Naperville that looked like a green and gold, A-frame shack can't remember the name though.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/tv_shows/where_to_watch_listing/

Joemailman
09-23-2006, 04:44 PM
30. Little Red School House 110 South Lincolnway North Aurora 708-859-0252

I used to watch Packer games at this place. Don't know if they still do the games though. The phone number listed is out of date as it is a different area code now. South Lincolnway is Route 31, just north of I-88.

VegasPackFan
09-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I used to go to a place called The Stadium. They always had the Packer game on the big screen, and the Bears were on the small screen in a different room.

clive
09-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks for replies. I'll make some phone calls in the morning, but I believe a few of these places have dried up (I tried a few years ago until I found the Foundry, which now changed loyalties). The White Tavern changed names several years back and then I didn't think they were showing the Pack anymore.

I apologize if this was a repeated request. I did a forum search and didn't find anything.

J

MJZiggy
09-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Chicago has an ESPNZone. I don't know where it is, but if you go and sit at the tables in the viewing area, you control the sound you're listening to at your table. You also have an HD monitor on the table as well. Their reporting bites, but they do have a nice setup for watching the game. I think Damon's has the same thing.

DarienPackFan
09-23-2006, 09:54 PM
The place in St. Charles is called Vi's. Not sure if they're still doing the Packers in the back room or not. Unfortunately all of the sites with Packer bar listings are way out of date. Lots of places that show the game but I haven't been able to find one in the area that is a dedicated Packer bar and has the sound on. The only places seem to be actually in the city which is a long way to go.

Btw, I'm the guy who posted last week....I found a place to watch (Roundheads at the corner of 63rd and Woodward in Downers Grove) but I haven't found aplace to listen yet. Let me know if you find one, especially if it is a kid freindly place......I'm trying to raise my boys right!

DarienPackFan

GrnBay007
09-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Welcome to PackerRats Clive and Darien.

red
09-24-2006, 09:11 AM
The place in St. Charles is called Vi's. Not sure if they're still doing the Packers in the back room or not. Unfortunately all of the sites with Packer bar listings are way out of date. Lots of places that show the game but I haven't been able to find one in the area that is a dedicated Packer bar and has the sound on. The only places seem to be actually in the city which is a long way to go.

Btw, I'm the guy who posted last week....I found a place to watch (Roundheads at the corner of 63rd and Woodward in Downers Grove) but I haven't found aplace to listen yet. Let me know if you find one, especially if it is a kid freindly place......I'm trying to raise my boys right!

DarienPackFan

thats it Vi's, thanks darien

try and give them a call, if they still do the packer games there, then its a pretty fun place. the back room they use to have was about 10 x 20 and just packers everything, it was like a shrine

but its been about 4 or 5 years since i've been there, so they might have changed

the foundry use to be a great place, too bad that it sounds like they changed. that was probably the coolest sports bar i've ever seen.

espnzone is downtown off michigan avenue, kind of by the hard rock cafe and rainforest cafe and uno's and excaliber and all that. it would be way too busy to be able to enjoy a game today. i was there on a weekday one time at about 1 and it was packed

GBRulz
09-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Chicago has an ESPNZone. I don't know where it is, but if you go and sit at the tables in the viewing area, you control the sound you're listening to at your table. You also have an HD monitor on the table as well. Their reporting bites, but they do have a nice setup for watching the game. I think Damon's has the same thing.

That is what I was going to suggest, although I've never seen a Packers game there, I've been in there on a Sunday during football season and there is a wide array of games going on.

It's on Grant St in the Gold Coast district. Ya know where the Rainforest, old McD's and stuff are? Kinda the "touristy" area of downtown

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 09:29 AM
If you want a table though, you'd better be in line before the place opens. I haven't seen a Packe game there either, but I did catch a World Cup game on a day when I could have chosen from everthing between Oregon baseball, NFL around the league coverage and a ton of other things. The kids love it as well, but bring your wallet if you wanna let them play the games. Come to think of it, forget the wallet, just bring the loan papers with you.

GBRulz
09-24-2006, 09:36 AM
"The loan papers" LOL - that's true about many things in Chicago, Zig! Personally, I love the city, try to get down there about 3-4 weekends a year. I knew I wasn't in GB anymore when I bought a round of 3 drinks (2 beers and a vodka gimlet)..had a $20 on the bar and that wasn't enough to cover it :shock: It was some Irish pub, just a smaller place on the corner.... not like it was the overrated House of Blues or something!

clive
09-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks for replies.

"Google" search told me that Vi's was purchased by city of St. Charles in early 2005 and has been converted to riverfront plaza (part of city redevelopment plan).

For this week, I'll have to stick to Foundry. I get the game at least on a big screen (they have about 20 big screens), but will have to listen to Bears volume once again.

ESPN zone is a fun place, but a little too far (>1 hr) from where I live

Thanks again!

Clive