PDA

View Full Version : Is Bin Laden dead?

Fosco33
09-23-2006, 12:05 PM
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1538569,00.html?cnn=yes

Posted Saturday, Sep. 23, 2006
Time.com
By SCOTT MACLEOD/CAIRO AND TALA SKARI/PARIS

Fugitive Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, believed to be on the run in rugged terrain in the Afghan-Pakistani border region since the September 11 attacks five years ago, has become seriously ill and may have already died, a Saudi source tells TIME, echoing earlier reports in the French media.

The source, speaking on condition of anonymity, says that Saudi officials have received multiple credible reports over the last several weeks that Bin Laden has been suffering from a water-borne illness. The source believes that there is a "high probability" that Bin Laden has already died from the disease, but stressed that Saudi officials have thus far received no concrete evidence of Bin Laden's death.

"This is not a rumor," says the source. "He is very ill. He got a water-related sickness and it could be terminal. There are a lot of serious facts about things that have actually happened. There is a lot to it. But we don't have any concrete information to say that he is dead."

On Saturday, the French newspaper L'Est Republicain cited a report by the French intelligence service, Direction Generale des Services Exteriors (DGSE), saying that Saudi intelligence officials "seem to have become convinced that Osama bin Laden is dead." The report quoted by the newspaper said the Saudis believe bin Laden "might have succumbed to a very serious case of typhoid fever resulting in partial paralysis of his lower limbs while in Pakistan on August 23, 2006."

The DGSE report quoted by L'Est Republicain said that its information on the Saudi findings came from a "usually reliable source," indicating that it did not necessarily come directly from Saudi intelligence officials. The DGSE report cited by the newspaper said that Bin Laden's geographic isolation made it difficult for him to receive proper medical assistance for his ailment. The report said that Saudi intelligence picked up the first news of bin Laden's alleged demise on September 4. The DGSE says that Saudi authorities are waiting to get more details, "notably the exact place of his burial, before officially announcing the news," the newspaper said, citing what it called verbatim text from the report.

L'est Republicain, based in Metz in eastern France covering the Lorraine region, says the French secret services considered the DGSE report reliable enough to transmit it last Thursday to the highest levels of the French government, specifically to French President Jacques Chirac, Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin, Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy and Defense Minister Michele Alliot-Marie. Alliot-Marie has reportedly demanded an investigation into the leak of the DGSE report to L'Est Republicain.

Tarlam!
09-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm rootin' for the "water-born illness" in this one!

KYPack
09-23-2006, 02:12 PM
DGSE would know way before our intel boys would get wind of it.

It may be true.

Here's hoping that it doesn't cause more terrorist bullshit.

digitaldean
09-23-2006, 10:04 PM
DGSE would know way before our intel boys would get wind of it.

It may be true.

Here's hoping that it doesn't cause more terrorist bullshit.

IF it's true...

What a day to rejoice!

Unfortunately, there's a long line to take his place. Right now, from what I've read on other sites is that the French and Saudi intel guys don't have this confirmed from multiple sources, just one.

HOPE it's true...but color me skeptical.

I'd prefer a nice napalm bath for that clown anyway.

BEARMAN
09-24-2006, 09:20 AM
God I hope so ! No rivelrys in here boys, for the sake of all those that died on 9-11, I pray to God he is dead ! Let us never forget, and God bless America !

Kiwon
09-24-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm skeptical...but hopeful

I wish bin Laden would meet Bearman's icon in one of the caves he's been hiding in.

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Kiwon, that would be too quick for him. I usually don't think along these lines, but this is the one person in the world who I would like to see suffer. A lot. For weeks, at least. Long, drawn out, and excruciatingly painful. How about we add up all of the suffering by EVERY single person he ever killed or wounded in EVERY single attack ever made by him.

red
09-24-2006, 09:52 AM
wasn't it also rumored that he dies a few years ago from a kidney problem?

i wouldn't trust anything out of the saudi's or the frenchies mouths on this stuff

i'm going to need to see a body

then again, its apparent our pres doesn't care if he's dead or alive, so why should i?

oregonpackfan
09-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Bin Laden's dead?

Ok, let's bring home all our troups from Iraq tomorrow. We've found there are no Weapons of Mass Destruction, Hussain was not part of the 9/11 attacks, and that Hussain was not affiliated in any way with al-qaida.

Oh, I forget, we better keep our troops in Iraq. We haven't secured the oil fields yet.

OPF

woodbuck27
09-28-2006, 11:45 PM
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/osama_dead.html

What about this?

woodbuck27
09-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Like to read?

http://www.allthingsbeautiful.com/all_things_beautiful/2006/09/osama_binladen_.html

or

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2006/09/osama_bin_laden.html

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Then there's this:

http://mprofaca.cro.net/news0000.html

and fr. that...this:

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/003200609271410.htm

Osama is alive and safe: top Taliban Commander

Islamabad, Sept 27. (PTI): A top Taliban military commander has claimed that al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is alive and hinted that an audio tape may be circulated to prove the same.

"There is no truth in reports in the French media that bin Laden died from typhoid in Pakistan in August. Shaikh Osama is alright. He is safe," Mulla Dadullah Akhund said. Dadullah has also issued statements in the past to the effect that bin Laden and Taliban leader Mullah Muhammad Omar are alive.

When pressed for evidence which may indicate that bin Laden is alive, Dadullah hinted that a tape may be sent to media organizations to prove that the al-Qaeda leader is not dead.

Bin Laden's audiotape was last circulated in July. In it, he had eulogised the sacrifices of al-Qaeda leader in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and described him as a martyr. He demanded that Zarqawi's body be handed over to his family for burial in Jordan.

The renewed interest in bin Laden's fate has been triggered by a report in a French regional newspaper that the al-Qaeda leader had died from a serious bout of typhoid in Pakistan on August 23.

President Pervez Musharraf in his just released book 'In the Line of Fire' has suggested that the most likely place for bin Laden to hide would be Afghanistan's eastern Kunar province but was quick to add that "we cannot be sure."

Fosco33
09-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks, Wood. I'm sure this audio tape will reference some specific event so they can form a timeline...

oregonpackfan
09-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Death or attempts at death sure attract a lot of attention. Now we are besieged with reports of Bin Ladin's assumed death and Terrell Owens' assumed suicide attempt. What can be believed?

OPF

Fosco33
09-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Death or attempts at death sure attract a lot of attention. Now we are besieged with reports of Bin Ladin's assumed death and Terrell Owens' assumed suicide attempt. What can be believed?

OPF

I assure you I am alive :lol:

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 07:10 AM
I assure you I haven't had breakfast yet. :mrgreen:

Zool
09-29-2006, 07:46 AM
I assure you its Friday in the United States, and tomorrow I dont have to work.

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2006, 09:17 AM
It really doesn't matter whether he is dead.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2006, 10:06 AM
I'd like to see him dead.

mraynrand
09-29-2006, 03:38 PM

OPF

Existence exists. Existence is primary. A is A.

mraynrand
09-29-2006, 03:43 PM
It really doesn't matter whether he is dead.

I think it matters to a lot of people. Many want to see him punished for 9/11, two embassies, the Cole, Khobar Towers, etc. etc. I think others will mistakenly see the "War on Terror" (improperly named as it is) as 'being over' once Bin Laden turns up dead. Bin Laden probably cares too - he's been looking forward to those 72 virgins for a long time now.

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Bin Laden probably cares too - he's been looking forward to those 72 virgins for a long time now.

May they be 80-year-old spinsters with no teeth.

Fosco33
09-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Bin Laden probably cares too - he's been looking forward to those 72 virgins for a long time now.

May they be 80-year-old spinsters with no teeth.

No teeth, flat head and midgets... all he needs is a beer and a remote control for the TV :lol:

Ok, poor taste - I know...

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2006, 05:24 PM
No teeth has its advantages.

I can't see any advantage to Osama Bin Laden dying. I doubt he directs operations anymore. His death would have no propoganda value.