PDA

View Full Version : ...

justanotherpackfan
09-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Right now, I'm watching the Michigan State/Notre Dame game and I'm bored as heck, what should I do? Hobby suggestions?

MJZiggy
09-23-2006, 09:35 PM
My hobbies aren't very manly, sorry. Then again, Irish men used to knit and crochet didn't they...

BallHawk
09-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Continue watching the game. It's entertaining.

justanotherpackfan
09-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Continue watching the game. It's entertaining.
The storm is pretty cool but I've been watching football all day and now it's a little tiring.

BallHawk
09-23-2006, 09:41 PM
You can never have enough football. Never.

justanotherpackfan
09-23-2006, 09:46 PM
I'ts ok, I just thought of a brilliant idea of using my couch as the endzone and jumping over it. That should keep me occupied for a while, so long as my parents don't find out. :wink:

I'll still take hobby suggestions.

digitaldean
09-23-2006, 09:52 PM
I have to keep LMAO on Notre Dame.

They were ranked 102nd in rushing before today's game. All I heard was Brady Quinn, this, Brady Quinn that before the season started.

Right now, Stanton looks more NFL-ready than he is. To ND's credit, they are trying to make a game of it. But 16 points down going into the 4th isn't promising.

So with the ND faithful feel the same way about Weis as they did about Ty Willingham after this season?

Somehow, ND giving Weis a 10 year extension after last season seemed a little :crazy:

Bretsky
09-23-2006, 09:55 PM
I have to keep LMAO on Notre Dame.

They were ranked 102nd in rushing before today's game. All I heard was Brady Quinn, this, Brady Quinn that before the season started.

Right now, Stanton looks more NFL-ready than he is. To ND's credit, they are trying to make a game of it. But 16 points down going into the 4th isn't promising.

So with the ND faithful feel the same way about Weis as they did about Ty Willingham after this season?

Somehow, ND giving Weis a 10 year extension after last season seemed a little :crazy:

I think the ND move to keep Weis was a good measure on their part as Weis was being mentioned as a potential candidate to come back to the NFL. It was a good move by a team I really dislike.

I like Weis though; I'd happily welcome him in GB as our head coach tomorrow if I could.

B

digitaldean
09-23-2006, 10:01 PM
I think the ND move to keep Weis was a good measure on their part as Weis was being mentioned as a potential candidate to come back to the NFL. It was a good move by a team I really dislike.

I like Weis though; I'd happily welcome him in GB as our head coach tomorrow if I could.

B

B,

I'd take him in Packer colors too. True, Weis would have been up for NFL gigs.

I just think the classless way ND threw out Willingham makes me root against them. I used to enjoy ND, now... not so much.

digitaldean
09-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Looks like I might be eating some large portions of crow...

Brady Quinn 20-37 for 316 and 5 TDs

37-33 msu! :shock:

Patler
09-23-2006, 10:52 PM
....and what's the score now??? :wink:

Stanton didn't look too NFL ready in the second half!

digitaldean
09-24-2006, 01:55 AM
....and what's the score now??? :wink:

Stanton didn't look too NFL ready in the second half!

Excuse me.... just finishing my last plate of crow :oops:

Have to give them credit, Quinn could have folded, but he didn't.

Stanton didn't finish anywhere near the way he started the game.

Was in Lansing last fall and John L. Smith was almost run out of town THEN.

Now after this, I'd hate to hear what they're saying now after this choke job.

Tarlam!
09-24-2006, 02:31 AM
You can never have enough football. Never.

I think this statement should be mentioned in the same sentence as things Confucious, Jung, Danté and other great philosophers might say.

This is indeed a monumental quote. Feel free to try it.

As Ballhawk once said, You can never have enough football. Never.

Now, admit it, that feels darn good, doesn't it? :mrgreen:

Patler
09-24-2006, 03:07 AM
Excuse me.... just finishing my last plate of crow :oops:

Have to give them credit, Quinn could have folded, but he didn't.

Stanton didn't finish anywhere near the way he started the game.

Was in Lansing last fall and John L. Smith was almost run out of town THEN.

Now after this, I'd hate to hear what they're saying now after this choke job.

Bizaar 4th quarter, wasn't it? Last three MI State possessions ended with fumble, interception, interception. Not the way to put a game away!.

Tarlam!
09-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Who won?

BallHawk
09-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Who won?

MSU.

Patler
09-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Who won?

MSU.

No, Notre Dame won 40-37. Last TD scored on an interception that was returned for a touchdown with a couple minutes remaining in the game, after scoring a touchdow to get close following an MSU fumble around the MSU 25 yardline. MSU's final drive ended in an interception too. This all happened in about the last 7 minutes or so of the game. ND score 3 touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

BallHawk
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Wow, I had a brain fart there. I had just finished watching the game, and I was so surprised by the outcome, I must of put MSU.

My bad.

SkinBasket
09-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Fuck Notre Dame. Stupid lucky fucks. If this is the #12 team in the country, college football must really suck ass. Big fucking drunken hairy Irish ass. Sucking the farts right out the damn cornhole.

Let's see. They play Michigan at home and lose by 26. They get ranked #12.

Next week, Wisconsin plays Michigan in Michigan and loses by 14. They get 873 votes less in the AP and 753 less in USA Today.

Naw. There ain't nothing wrong with the way college teams are ranked.

Fuck Notre Dame. Top 40 team at best.

Harlan Huckleby
09-24-2006, 11:17 PM
I hate Notre Dame. But I sure wish they would join the Big Ten, it would be fun to see them more often, and stregthen the conference. They already play Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana most years, might as well join up.

the_idle_threat
09-24-2006, 11:20 PM
I hate Notre Dame. But I sure wish they would join the Big Ten, it would be fun to see them more often, and stregthen the conference. They already play Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana most years, might as well join up.

I think they like being untamed, wild and free. :D

Harlan Huckleby
09-24-2006, 11:32 PM
I think they like being untamed, wild and free. :D

true, the Catholics are always the kinkiest.

Joemailman
09-24-2006, 11:55 PM

They don't play Indiana in football. They did play Penn State this year.

Joemailman
09-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm a Notre Dame fan, but I can understand why some people hate Notre Dame. They force their players to get a degree. Elitist Bastards.

SkinBasket
09-25-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm a Notre Dame fan, but I can understand why some people hate Notre Dame. They force their players to get a degree. Elitist Bastards.

And that's worth 20 spots in the rankings?

I'm not so sure would joke about the elitist bastard thing either. I've twice seen ND alums hand jobs to other ND alums who were nowhere near as qualified as the other candidates with the good ol' ND wink and nod. 80% of the ND alums I've known think they're part of some secret society or some shit just because they paid 10x more for their worthless degree than the average college student.

Joemailman
09-25-2006, 08:32 PM
I see your point. Wisconsin's wins over Bowling Green, Western Illinois and San Diego State are as significant as Notre Dame beating Penn State and Michigan State.

SkinBasket
09-25-2006, 08:50 PM
I see your point. Wisconsin's wins over Bowling Green, Western Illinois and San Diego State are as significant as Notre Dame beating Penn State and Michigan State.

Afraid to compare common competition on consecutive weeks?

You wrongly assume I think Wisconsin is underrated. That isn't the case. Notre Dame is hugely and predictably overrated. You ignore the fact ND got absolutlely spanked at home while Wisconsin went into one of college sports most intimidating venues and played better against the same team.

Claiming what happened against a subpar Mich St team as a "victory" for a supposed #12 is a bit of a stretch.

Little Whiskey
09-26-2006, 09:55 AM

if they joined they wouldn't get to set their schedule against every military school, school for the blind and mildly retarded. I'm a bit of a ND fan. mainly because i live pretty close to the campus and really never had a fav college team(except Wisconsin). but their schedule this year made me chuckle a bit.

The MSU game was a pretty exciting to watch. it was a battle between two teams that didn't want to win.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Geez, Whiskey, I don't follow Notre Dame football, but they seem to schedule USC, Michigan every year. Wisconsin has an easy schedule most years, maybe 3 tough games. The Big Ten usually has 4 cream puffs.

Zool
09-26-2006, 10:22 AM
mainly because i live pretty close to the campus and really never had a fav college team(except Wisconsin). but their schedule this year made me chuckle a bit.

Geez, Whiskey, I don't follow Notre Dame football, but they seem to schedule USC, Michigan every year. Wisconsin has an easy schedule most years, maybe 3 tough games. The Big Ten usually has 4 cream puffs.

I believe you are saying the same thing he did, but his punctuation got in the way of his thought.

Unless I'm wrong, then yes ND does schedule high profile games every year, while Wisconsins non-conference schedule is ridiculous. Also they play the military schools each year, and Wisco gets to play Indiana and Illinois every year.

How many teams can we have in the big ten(11) and still call it the big ten(11)?