PDA

View Full Version : SIGNIFICANT SUNDAY

Bretsky
09-24-2006, 02:21 AM
IF you love football, you have to love the matchups this week. Some of the best teams in football clashing heads. Certainly the perfect weekend to be watching multiple games.

There are five key matchups being played today by some of the top teams in the NFC/AFC. Would be curious to see how some in here view the matchups.

Here is how the Grail Greek sees them

1. DA BEARS at THE VIKINGS

First off, I want to once again say I'm not at all surprised at the Vikings start. Their GM actively set out a plan and executed it. With the cap going up as it is, there was nothing wrong with the Hutchinson signing. So a win by Minnesota would not surprise me at all.

That being said, right now I think the Bears are playing at the top of their game and are just too good. I don't consider them to be an elite team yet, but there are close . I see the Bears winning a low scoring game by a field goal.

Bears 16
Vikings 13

2. GIANTS AT SEAHAWKS

After playing very well against the Colts, the Giants played poorly for most of last week against the Eagles last week and then had a miraculous comeback in the end. The Seahawks do not seem to have hit full stride yet. This week is their coming out party. The Hawks will have a booming offensive day, and the defense will contain the Giants enough to bring a win home.

Seattle 34
New York 24

3. CINCY at PITTSBURG

Here's a thought I've always pondered. If Pitt didn't knock Carson Palmer out of the playoffs last year, I think Cincy might have knocked them off and Indy goes on to win the Super Bowl.

Cincy was playing at the top of their game going into the playoffs and that was a game I wanted to see. Cincy matches up well with Pittsburg, but with their #2 WR out due to injury, and the Steelers solid secondary, I expect Pittburg to win in a squeaker.

Pittsburg 24
Cincy 23

4. JACKSONVILLE at INDY

What a Great Game to watch. Jags stud defense against Indy's offense. And the Jags D has had success versus Payton Manning recently. Stokely is out as well. And Jacksonville seems to be playing very well and their offense is looking respectable as well with three wide receiver options. But the games in Indy. Right now I think the Home team wins this matchup.

Indy 27
Jags 23

5. DENVER AT NEW ENGLAND

Sometimes when I look at New England I wonder how they keep winning. Then I see Tom Brady and the best coach in football. This will be a very good test for the Broncos, who have made moves to win big and win now. Talent wise I think these teams match up very well. But the home team with the coaching genius wins. Bill will find a way

Patriots 27
Broncos 21

[/b]

Tarlam!
09-24-2006, 02:24 AM
I love football, I just can't get to watch it since the lisence went to a cable co that will not reply to my emails....

I would gladly pay to watch, but those IDIOTS can't or won't hook me up!!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-24-2006, 08:57 AM
I think your predictions are pretty good. But come on B, give us a packer prediction too. :mrgreen:

BEARMAN
09-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Bretsky, ... I am feeling the love in here... :D
Thanks for the kutos.
I must recipicate in kind even tho it pains me terribly to do so... :sad:
I hope ..... your team..... dosn't..... lose today. There I said it. :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

Bretsky
09-24-2006, 09:22 AM
I think your predictions are pretty good. But come on B, give us a packer prediction too. :mrgreen:

In an OVERTIME THRILLER

Green Bay 26
Detroit 23

B

GrnBay007
09-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Great title for your thread B! :wink:

Seattle vs NYG - I think it will be a closer score than you predict and Giants may even pull out the W.

Steelers vs Bengals - I'm taking Bengals to W.

wanna bet B? lol :razz:

Bretsky
09-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Great title for your thread B! :wink:

Seattle vs NYG - I think it will be a closer score than you predict and Giants may even pull out the W.

Steelers vs Bengals - I'm taking Bengals to W.

wanna bet B? lol :razz:

YES, some great gal who loves other gals gave me that title.

But that's what I do; steal other people's good ideas and take credit :wink:

So I'm assuming the bet is on unless you say different.

Have a Great Day
B

GrnBay007
09-24-2006, 12:09 PM
OK B even though the wager is not set in stone apparently....lol

B - Detroit, Pitts, Seattle

007 - Packers, Cincy, Giants

GrnBay007
09-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Hmmm.....2 for 3 isn't so bad. :D soooo, I was a lil off on that Giants game. lol :razz:

Bretsky
09-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Hmmm.....2 for 3 isn't so bad. :D soooo, I was a lil off on that Giants game. lol :razz:

WEREN'T WE GOING TOTAL POINTS ? :wink: