PDA

View Full Version : Farve

Packnut
09-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Vintage Brett Farve today! To old my ass........

MasonCrosby
09-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Vintage Brett Favre today! To old my ass........

i tell the people who tell me he should retire that brad johnson and mark brunell should retire...

GBRulz
09-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Front page Yahoo headlines.....

Packers' Favre throws 400th TD pass

September 24, 2006

DETROIT (AP) -- Packers quarterback Brett Favre became the second player in NFL history to throw 400 career touchdown passes Sunday.

Favre threw a short pass to rookie receiver Greg Jennings, who turned the third-down play into a 75-yard touchdown in the first quarter against the Detroit Lions.

He reached the milestone in his 228th game, one more than Dan Marino needed to throw No. 400. Marino finished his career with 420 TD passes.

Iron Mike
09-24-2006, 03:14 PM
19 more to go, Brett!!!! :cool:

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Favre is the man!

However, I think he should have retired. :roll:

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Make that 18. He ended the day with 402 if I recall correctly.

Scott Campbell
09-24-2006, 03:17 PM

19 to break the record.

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes, but we want Favre to BREAK the record, not just tie it.

The Leaper
09-24-2006, 03:24 PM
If anyone truly thinks this guy is going to retire after this season, they need to replay that game today. Favre was having a lot of fun...and there is no reason for him not to come back next year because this team is only going to improve. His skills clearly have not eroded anywhere near what the stupid talking heads try to let on...unless 300 yard games with 3 TDs (which he has done 2 weeks in a row) are somehow poor NFL performance.

b bulldog
09-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Totally agree, he had fun and played very,very well.

GBRulz
09-24-2006, 03:28 PM
awww, nothing to bash favre about today, eh bulldog?

Iron Mike
09-24-2006, 03:29 PM

19 to break the record.

Thanks for having my back after peeing in my cornflakes!

Noodle
09-24-2006, 03:34 PM
You can't overstate how great a game Favre had today. He played within himself, took what was there, and was very smart with the ball. I'll take a smart, precise game like this over the fireworks of the Monday night game against Oakland.

I don't know how many of these he's got in him, but I think he can do this often. He played smart and he got a win. He'll make the connection.

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 03:58 PM
It was such a great offensive performance with a milestone reached, makes me wonder what kind of progress he's made on reaching all the other records that he's nearing.

The Leaper
09-24-2006, 04:01 PM
3 games

71-120 (59%)
850 yards
6 TDs
3 INTs

over 16 games

378-640
4533 yards
32 TDs
16 INTs

Yeah...he should've retired...or he should be traded. He's clearly unable to put up any numbers with this team...considering those 16 game numbers would likely earn him his 4th MVP award.

The talking heads are a bunch of stupid nincompoops.

Badgepack
09-24-2006, 04:03 PM
If the O-line gives him time and we are not playing from behind, Favre's still one of the best in the NFL.

Iron Mike
09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah...he should've retired...or he should be traded. He's clearly unable to put up any numbers with this team...considering those 16 game numbers would likely earn him his 4th MVP award.

That brings up a question. Were BF to get his 4th MVP at the end of the season, do you think that's an adequate reason to retire?

Tarlam!
09-24-2006, 04:06 PM
If Brett a 4th MVP this year, that's enough of a reason NOT to retire...

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 04:06 PM

19 to break the record.

Thanks for having my back after peeing in my cornflakes!

You have way too much confidence in my aim...

red
09-24-2006, 04:08 PM
great game for brett, hopefully this will shut up more then a few people

and remember folks, he did it in a dome. domes usually eat favre alive

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Maybe he forgot to look up.

red
09-24-2006, 04:18 PM
lol

maybe

esoxx
09-24-2006, 04:49 PM

Hey Michele, you should drive over to that farmer's market and give the lady who gave you grief about Favre some shit. That was a pretty funny story you posted about a trip for sweet corn turning into a Favre confrontation. Wonder what she thought after seeing the way he played today? Probably wouldn't sway her anyhow...

Noodle
09-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Maybe he forgot to look up.
Well, in that regard, it certainly helped that he wasn't on his back alot. Pass pro was fairly stout, and Favre moved well today. That run and flip to Ahman for a first down was first rate. (And it was a great job by Ahman keeping his feet in -- man he played well except for the fumble. Totally puts a cloud on his day).

Lurker64
09-24-2006, 05:19 PM
and remember folks, he did it in a dome. domes usually eat favre alive

Since the game at Philly is outdoors, I fully expect Favre to throw for 600 yards and 8 touchdowns.

run pMc
09-24-2006, 05:23 PM
When was the last time Favre threw 3TD's and NO picks?

The # of picks seems to be a good barometer of how the O will do. I'm especially impressed that he did this in DET's dome.

Anyway, 25-36-340, 3TD, 0INT is a pretty good line. I'll take that from my QB any Sunday.

GBRulz
09-24-2006, 05:31 PM

Hey Michele, you should drive over to that farmer's market and give the lady who gave you grief about Favre some shit. That was a pretty funny story you posted about a trip for sweet corn turning into a Favre confrontation. Wonder what she thought after seeing the way he played today? Probably wouldn't sway her anyhow...

Oh how I would love to run into her again. Along with this other lady who was sitting next to us one night out saying how she is going to have the biggest party when favre retires. How about serving her a plate of crow and say "party time, bitch" :twisted:

Bossman641
09-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Favre played amazing today. It was a thing of beauty.

He seems to be enjoying himself out there as much as ever and it looks like he is embracing the role of being a leader and teacher for the younger guys. I see no reason for him to retire. I expect him to come back next year as well.

HarveyWallbangers
09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Favre has played pretty well this year. Honestly, him throwing 2 interceptions in the 4th quarter against the Bears when we were down 26-0 means very little to me. I understand the argument that he should play under control to show a young team the way to play. However, dude had his first incompletion in the 3rd quarter in that game. Last week, he played pretty well--although he shouldn't have held the ball so long on the pick. This week, pretty much flawless. When the game has been on the line, he's 6 TDs and 1 pick. We've gotten great play from the old man. Now, we need to sure up our pass defense. The pass rush was pretty non-existent today--although the pass blocking was as good as I've seen in Detroit's Dome. We'll see. Some encouraging things. Still many things that are worrisome. The QB is still one of our best handful of players though, and he has been for about 14 years.

Partial
09-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Favre has played pretty well this year. Honestly, him throwing 2 interceptions in the 4th quarter against the Bears when we were down 26-0 means very little to me. I understand the argument that he should play under control to show a young team the way to play. However, dude had his first incompletion in the 3rd quarter in that game. Last week, he played pretty well--although he shouldn't have held the ball so long on the pick. This week, pretty much flawless. When the game has been on the line, he's 6 TDs and 1 pick. We've gotten great play from the old man. Now, we need to sure up our pass defense. The pass rush was pretty non-existent today--although the pass blocking was as good as I've seen in Detroit's Dome. We'll see. Some encouraging things. Still many things that are worrisome. The QB is still one of our best handful of players though, and he has been for about 14 years.

I thought Corey Williams gave good pressure today. Outside of him (I only saw the 2nd half, mind you), I didn't see much of anything. Kampman kept getting close but yet he was so far away.

Fosco33
09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Two straight weeks of 340 yards and 3 TDs - ummm yeah - I'll take that everyweek. :cool:

Joemailman
09-24-2006, 07:05 PM

I thought Corey Williams gave good pressure today. Outside of him (I only saw the 2nd half, mind you), I didn't see much of anything. Kampman kept getting close but yet he was so far away.

Kampman was invisible in the 1st half, but I thought played pretty well in the second half. On Williams' last sack, Kampman's pressure forced Kitna right into Williams' path.

esoxx
09-24-2006, 08:31 PM

Oh how I would love to run into her again. Along with this other lady who was sitting next to us one night out saying how she is going to have the biggest party when favre retires. How about serving her a plate of crow and say "party time, bitch" :twisted:

ROFL, yeah wouldn't that be great. I just don't get how some Packer fans can be so bitter towards the guy. Freakin' ingrates if you ask me.

woodbuck27
09-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Totally agree, he had fun and played very,very well.

Now Good.

but.... we want you to repeat that... over and over... and out loud...

500 times. :mrgreen:

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:46 PM
'Course Kamp was double-teamed, you know....

But back to Brett - ALL HAIL LORD FAVRE!

He will go down (a long, long time from now) as a legend - nothing more.

The highlights should show him throwing a block before they ever show #400.

woodbuck27
09-24-2006, 11:54 PM
It was such a great offensive performance with a milestone reached, makes me wonder what kind of progress he's made on reaching all the other records that he's nearing.

What in hell is Ted Thompson going to do now?

What in Hell is the media going to say now?

Brett Favre has to date pass'd for 850 Yards and 6 TD's and he has 3 picks.

That is a blistering pace !

Projected over 16 Games:

4533 Yards; 32 TD's and 16 Int's.

Geee ! That = Pro Bowl. :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO! There lies your FAITH.

woodbuck27
09-24-2006, 11:57 PM
'Course Kamp was double-teamed, you know....

But back to Brett - ALL HAIL LORD FAVRE!

He will go down (a long, long time from now) as a legend - nothing more.

The highlights should show him throwing a block before they ever show #400.

CONGRATULATIONS FavreChild!

HOLD "the FAITH".

GO PACK GO !

Homer Jay
09-25-2006, 12:12 AM

According to my unofficial count here is where Brett is in his assault on the record bookafter these first 3 games.

Attempts Marino 8358 Favre 7706
Completions Marino 4967 Favre 4749
Yards Marino 61,361 Favre 54,465

MadtownPacker
09-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Great performance. By halftime I had no doubts about them winning until Green coughed it up at that end.

OS PA
09-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Looking at the stat's on Yahoo, Brett Favre is the 4th Overall QB. Washed up my ass.

cpk1994
09-25-2006, 08:49 AM
A little trivia... Favre is 3-2 at Ford Field. He actually had success there so the dome thing really only applies to the Metrodome and the Silverdome. St. Louis's dome too if you want to add that in.

Packnut
09-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Just a small paragraph from a fantasy writer that caught my eye.

Reports of Brett Favre's demise have been greatly exaggerated. We had a feeling Favre would do well against the Lions' secondary, but a 340-yard, three-TD effort was beyond our wildest dreams. Favre has thrown for over 300 yards in consecutive weeks despite an inexperienced offensive line. Favre can send a fruit basket to Greg Jennings and Ahman Green, who nearly had half of his passing total, and 75 of Jennings' yards came on a single play where he broke free. Owners of Favre should play the matchup with him -- start him when he has an opponent with a soft pass defense, sit him against stingier units.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Looking at the stat's on Yahoo, Brett Favre is the 4th Overall QB. Washed up my ass.

He washed up your ass?

Zool
09-25-2006, 10:54 AM

He washed up your ass?Can I go next?