PDA

View Full Version : The old and the young

b bulldog
09-24-2006, 03:17 PM
brett looked fantastic today against the Lions, having a staff that wants to reel him in has clearly helped him. I love the short passes to keep the chains moving and the young Oline looked much better today than the past few games. They held their own against Rodgers. Collins looked better today and Jennings also played very well. Hawk was the only R LB on the field that looked good and Corey Williams showed a burst up the middle. Detroit may be awful but with all the youth on the team, the Packers desperately needed something positive to build on.

I'd try to trade Green ASAP!!!!

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Hawk looked good again. That sack was awesome!

Jennings was terrific.

Favre was a god!

The O line did a real nice job pass protecting. The running game needs some work.

Green, well, I dont want to be negative today. Although he did have 125 all purpose yards.

Ryan had a nice day punting the ball.

KOREN ROBINSON MADE ONE HELL OF A CATCH!

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Anybody hear that? That's o-line jelling. It's got a nice sound, doesn't it?

Noodle
09-24-2006, 03:23 PM

It's jelling as to pass pro. It is pathetic on run. Backs are still getting met in the backfield by off-play pursuit. And they really aren't doing much to get any playside holes.

Scott Campbell
09-24-2006, 03:24 PM

It's jelling as to pass pro. It is pathetic on run. Backs are still getting met in the backfield by off-play pursuit. And they really aren't doing much to get any playside holes.

How many games can we expect to win this year with Brett throwing for 340 with 3 TD's and no INT's?

These guys better learn how to run block.

b bulldog
09-24-2006, 03:26 PM
i REALLY DON'T THINK THEY WILL JELL WITH the run until the R's add some much needed muscle and they get more comfy cut blocking. I am starting to wonder if Cliffy's body will allow him to play in this scheme.

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Ok, so it's still a little jiggly, but it's starting. They did make a couple more holes for Ahman which is more than he's had so far.

HarveyWallbangers
09-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Even though I think you go overboard on the Favre hate, bulldog, I do respect the fact that you'll give credit when it's due (on Favre and Hawk).