PDA

View Full Version : If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts.

FritzDontBlitz
09-24-2006, 03:31 PM
i guess i should have originally stated the purpose of this thread.

during the game, radio commentator larry mcarren responded to one of wayne larrivee's hypothetical comments by saying "if 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts we'd all have a great christmas". now that i've fallen in love with the comment i just thought it would be cool to start a thread where we could vent a lil bit about all the things we've been seeing so far. just start the comments out with "if"

here's my first:

if herron holds on at the end of the 2nd quarter we could have actually scored 38 points this week....

DannoMac21
09-24-2006, 03:33 PM
If we could've won last week which we should've, we could be 2-1.

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Love the title of this post. We got the W, I'm happy.

the_idle_threat
09-24-2006, 03:44 PM
If Favre throws for 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs, and the team finishes anywhere near .500, they have to at least consider a 4th MVP.

This is some STRONG kool-aid I'm drinkin' :D

Lurker64
09-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Short two fumbles, we could have won by 21.

But we got the statistic we really wanted. I'd say that "It doesn't matter by how much you win" except that some of the NFL tiebreaking rules are very odd. I can only hope we win enough during the rest of the season that tiebreakers could conceivably come into play.

FritzDontBlitz
09-24-2006, 03:45 PM
if the packers defense stops playing zone for the rest of the season could they really do any worse?

AtlPackFan
09-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Short two fumbles, we could have won by 21.

But we got the statistic we really wanted. I'd say that "It doesn't matter by how much you win" except that some of the NFL tiebreaking rules are very odd. I can only hope we win enough during the rest of the season that tiebreakers could conceivably come into play.

I'd be very happy to be talking about tie-breaking scenarios toward the end of the season...take that back, not happy, F-ing ECSTATIC!!!